Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Hot take: Parent coaches with kid on team (that have played the game) are better than paid coaches.

Parent coaches ensure that the team is always in best tournaments and league.
Paid coaches may leave team out to dry if not during tournament season

Anyone who says this has not had a parent coach or parent coaches negatively affect their daughter. While yes they tend to stay around for the duration cause their kid is on the team most times they are self serving and there to grease the wheels for their kids. That doesn't mean they're not a good coach - but it is definitely self serving. And this is a 2030/6th grade forum. Come back to me when you're kid is in high school and recruiting. I've had two kids come through and both years (24 & 27) the coaches kids played way more than their abilities dictated. Which means while they played someone more deserving was sitting. Even worse some teams have multiple parent coaches. It should be avoided as much as possible. And if not possible it should be cut off by recruiting.

I have a two daughter in club and I am finding this to be the case. Coaches kid take draws, run middie, and they are far from best option.
MY one daughter has 4 coaches kids' on team.

All four start and are center pieces while better players are either not playing as much or not in role they should be. I'm not even going to talk on the social cycle and how cliques come into play. (Quote)

If you don't like it go find a better situation. It's easy to blame the coach that puts in endless hours while you the parent doesn't put any time in with your child. Most parents are delusional when it comes to their kid's abilities and point the finger at the coach. The parents I know that coach do it because they love coaching and know that if they leave it to someone else, they risk having their kids exposed to bad coaching. Of course there's an element of prioritizing their kid but that's no different in any other sport or facet of life.