BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,809
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 126 of 220 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are the five summer tournaments for TG younger girls in 5th and 6th grade?

2014 dates

Summer Classic 6/7-6/8
National Draw 6/20-6/21
The Grind 7/11-7/12
Best of the Beach
7/18 & 7/19
Lacrosse by 3 tourney
July 25/26

Another year of 2021 ducking YJ? Only tourney they are in together is National Draw and I am sure TG will find a way to avoid playing YJ as they did last year.

TG 2021 didnt do well last year at ND.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the off season you are responsible for finding a way to improve your daughters playing ability. If that means training, putting together a team for a fall event or picking up a stick yourself and working with your kid, so be it. Stop complaining that other parents are not including your kid in the off season. Take some ownership of the situation. None of these things are endorsed by TG.

So the TG "daddy" teams in the fall are not supported by TG and are picked by the parents and run by the parents. Thank you for the clarification.

Not on the 2020 black team that's all coming to an end

Not so sure about that. They can still cherry pick and enter tourneys under a different name

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In the off season you are responsible for finding a way to improve your daughters playing ability. If that means training, putting together a team for a fall event or picking up a stick yourself and working with your kid, so be it. Stop complaining that other parents are not including your kid in the off season. Take some ownership of the situation. None of these things are endorsed by TG.

So the TG "daddy" teams in the fall are not supported by TG and are picked by the parents and run by the parents. Thank you for the clarification.

We sure hope so for Curcio's sake

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh lord. there is no conspiracy. Teams and groups existed long before joining Top Guns. Kids are suppose to abandon their home town teams because they participate in Top Guns travel? I don't think so. Stop griping, get on the phone or email and find out the facts. You want your daughter to play.... then ask!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In the off season you are responsible for finding a way to improve your daughters playing ability. If that means training, putting together a team for a fall event or picking up a stick yourself and working with your kid, so be it. Stop complaining that other parents are not including your kid in the off season. Take some ownership of the situation. None of these things are endorsed by TG.

We sure hope so for Curcio's sake

What does this have to do with Curcio or YJ? Makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2014 dates

Summer Classic 6/7-6/8
National Draw 6/20-6/21
The Grind 7/11-7/12
Best of the Beach
7/18 & 7/19
Lacrosse by 3 tourney
July 25/26

Another year of 2021 ducking YJ? Only tourney they are in together is National Draw and I am sure TG will find a way to avoid playing YJ as they did last year.

Those are last year's tournaments Genius.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2014 dates

Summer Classic 6/7-6/8
National Draw 6/20-6/21
The Grind 7/11-7/12
Best of the Beach
7/18 & 7/19
Lacrosse by 3 tourney
July 25/26

Smells yellow go back to your yj thread, we know who controls the scheduling and it's not TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2014 dates

Summer Classic 6/7-6/8
National Draw 6/20-6/21
The Grind 7/11-7/12
Best of the Beach
7/18 & 7/19
Lacrosse by 3 tourney
July 25/26

Those are last year's tournaments Genius.

Obviously those were meant to be reference points

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if they are trying to field 1 or 2 2022 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finally figured out the lacrosse by 3 name, 3 college coaches in attendance

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what you should think about next time you go to a tournament and play 3 out of your four games against YJ teams! Ouch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THe check is due by Sept. 15, you can still go to Beach Bums Tryouts and a few others before the check is due.

Elevate, Beach Bums, South Shore Turf, Icon. All better options than a white team, especially a second or third year on white. Your daughter deserves it!![/quote]

Just thinking outside the box, how about asking your kid what they want. I did and she said she enjoyed her self last year and is OK playing for white. Some of these posts are pathetic. I hope the posters do not return to TG. [/quote]

As a TG White parent, we have been debating all week about taking the spot we were offered. We have decided to go to other tryouts including Elevate. As this poster stated, we did lose to Elevate last year and my other daughter on 2021 Black ALSO lost to Elevate last year. I need them on the same club and I dont want to settle for White for my older one. I think she can be on a better team and I know last year the Elevate B team was very good and beat us pretty bad. I will attend other tryouts in addition to elevate. I think on some of the other clubs she could even make an A team. I guess we will take our chances and see how it goes this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what you should think about next time you go to a tournament and play 3 out of your four games against YJ teams! Ouch

That's what happens when your TG black team is worse than 3 YJ teams at the age like in Colorado the only teams left to play are YJ. Double Ouch!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How soon before Beach Bums is called Legacy

THe check is due by Sept. 15, you can still go to Beach Bums Tryouts and a few others before the check is due.

Elevate, Beach Bums, South Shore Turf, Icon. All better options than a white team, especially a second or third year on white. Your daughter deserves it!!

Just thinking outside the box, how about asking your kid what they want. I did and she said she enjoyed her self last year and is OK playing for white. Some of these posts are pathetic. I hope the posters do not return to TG. [/quote]

As a TG White parent, we have been debating all week about taking the spot we were offered. We have decided to go to other tryouts including Elevate. As this poster stated, we did lose to Elevate last year and my other daughter on 2021 Black ALSO lost to Elevate last year. I need them on the same club and I dont want to settle for White for my older one. I think she can be on a better team and I know last year the Elevate B team was very good and beat us pretty bad. I will attend other tryouts in addition to elevate. I think on some of the other clubs she could even make an A team. I guess we will take our chances and see how it goes this weekend. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate, Beach Bums, South Shore Turf, Icon. All better options than a white team, especially a second or third year on white. Your daughter deserves it!!

As a TG White parent, we have been debating all week about taking the spot we were offered. We have decided to go to other tryouts including Elevate. As this poster stated, we did lose to Elevate last year and my other daughter on 2021 Black ALSO lost to Elevate last year. I need them on the same club and I dont want to settle for White for my older one. I think she can be on a better team and I know last year the Elevate B team was very good and beat us pretty bad. I will attend other tryouts in addition to elevate. I think on some of the other clubs she could even make an A team. I guess we will take our chances and see how it goes this weekend. [/quote] [/quote]

Good move. YOu will be VERY happy when the summer comes and you run into that White team in a tournament and see how bad they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a TG White parent, we have been debating all week about taking the spot we were offered. We have decided to go to other tryouts including Elevate. As this poster stated, we did lose to Elevate last year and my other daughter on 2021 Black ALSO lost to Elevate last year. I need them on the same club and I dont want to settle for White for my older one. I think she can be on a better team and I know last year the Elevate B team was very good and beat us pretty bad. I will attend other tryouts in addition to elevate. I think on some of the other clubs she could even make an A team. I guess we will take our chances and see how it goes this weekend.
[/quote]

Good move. YOu will be VERY happy when the summer comes and you run into that White team in a tournament and see how bad they are. [/quote]

What makes you think a TG C team player is going to make the Elevate B team? Why is it such a big deal that Elevates B team beat TG C team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How was BS's reaction when you told him your 2021 Black player wasn't coming back?

Just thinking outside the box, how about asking your kid what they want. I did and she said she enjoyed her self last year and is OK playing for white. Some of these posts are pathetic. I hope the posters do not return to TG.

As a TG White parent, we have been debating all week about taking the spot we were offered. We have decided to go to other tryouts including Elevate. As this poster stated, we did lose to Elevate last year and my other daughter on 2021 Black ALSO lost to Elevate last year. I need them on the same club and I dont want to settle for White for my older one. I think she can be on a better team and I know last year the Elevate B team was very good and beat us pretty bad. I will attend other tryouts in addition to elevate. I think on some of the other clubs she could even make an A team. I guess we will take our chances and see how it goes this weekend. [/quote] [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because in general elevate sucks , their A team would lose to most good clubs B team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How was BS's reaction when you told him your 2021 Black player wasn't coming back?

Just thinking outside the box, how about asking your kid what they want. I did and she said she enjoyed her self last year and is OK playing for white. Some of these posts are pathetic. I hope the posters do not return to TG.

[/quote] [/quote]

Doubtful you make an A YJ team. Those teams are pretty solid and outsiders are only take if they are above and beyond what's there already. How about Liberty?
2021 won't have 3 teams. Girls are walking away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good, better to go back to 2 teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because in general elevate sucks , their A team would lose to most good clubs B team .

What does that say about TG since their 2021 BLACK team lost to Elevate at national draw? Where does that put TG?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Good move and good luck this weekend at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Front runner chaser. Not sure what age group you are talking about. 2017 white was a good group and the returning players will gel that much more. There were only a few that did not fit, again sometimes it is the parent and not the kid.

They do need a player to take the draw and hopefully address it this season. That easily cost us half of the losses. Still was a good season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If she made TG white, she's not making A team anywhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone who watched that game saw a tg team that was in the process of setting girls in positions ...the skill level of the tg team was far above an elevate team that had 2 girls that took a straight line to the cage ...looking forward to this summer and a rematch...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone who watched that game saw a tg team that was in the process of setting girls in positions ...the skill level of the tg team was far above an elevate team that had 2 girls that took a straight line to the cage ...looking forward to this summer and a rematch...

I watched the game and thought that Elevate played much better than TG and was surprised by the lack of depth and talent of the TG team. Hopefully TG will be more competitive next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw that game b/n Elevate and TG White, my daughter's play for neither club. It wasnt much of a game, Elevate stopped shooting in second half because coaches were telling them not to shoot. You could hear them on parents side shouting it. It could have been much more lopsided but coaches had class not to be jerks and run it up. Say what you want, but that Elevate team was a good team, not sure but I think they won bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats so untrue... if you make white, you definetely have a chance to make another team somewhere else.. What a jerk!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw that game b/n Elevate and TG White, my daughter's play for neither club. It wasnt much of a game, Elevate stopped shooting in second half because coaches were telling them not to shoot. You could hear them on parents side shouting it. It could have been much more lopsided but coaches had class not to be jerks and run it up. Say what you want, but that Elevate team was a good team, not sure but I think they won bracket.

Elevate B is not a good team. In fact, Elevate A is just fair. TG 18 Black would beat Elevate A by 5. YJ 18 Blue would beat them by 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Front runner chaser. Not sure what age group you are talking about. 2017 white was a good group and the returning players will gel that much more. There were only a few that did not fit, again sometimes it is the parent and not the kid.

They do need a player to take the draw and hopefully address it this season. That easily cost us half of the losses. Still was a good season.

Can I borrow those rose colored glasses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched the game and thought that Elevate played much better than TG and was surprised by the lack of depth and talent of the TG team. Hopefully TG will be more competitive next year.

Having played both teams at ND, TG without a doubt had more talent than Elevate 2021. There were 5th grade rec league teams in MD better than that Elevate team. TG at least gave us a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having played both teams at ND, TG without a doubt had more talent than Elevate 2021. There were 5th grade rec league teams in MD better than that Elevate team. TG at least gave us a game.

TG Black lost to elevate so those comments have no merit. Elevate had to stop shooting to avoid running up the score. I think TG went 1-3 at ND. You must be confusing TG with another team you played that you thought had talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly what the game was like. Hoping TG will improve and be more competitive next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate B is not a good team. In fact, Elevate A is just fair. TG 18 Black would beat Elevate A by 5. YJ 18 Blue would beat them by 8.

Elevate 2018 B crushed TG white and would have been a good game with purple. Was hoping they would have gotten to play, hopefully next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a ludricous post since TG 18 Black only beat Elevate A by one goal in fall 2013 and Elevate A was MUCH stronger this year. In fact, Elevate A was ahead at half and only once TG had their strongest player go straight to goal every time in second half, with SS screaming so you could hear her two states away, did they win by 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax Dave

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly what the game was like. Hoping TG will improve and be more competitive next year.

Still don't understand why this is such a hot topic. One program's B team beat another program's C team. Big deal!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wasn't Dave but nice try

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a ludricous post since TG 18 Black only beat Elevate A by one goal in fall 2013 and Elevate A was MUCH stronger this year. In fact, Elevate A was ahead at half and only once TG had their strongest player go straight to goal every time in second half, with SS screaming so you could hear her two states away, did they win by 1.

That's funny and that is exactly what happened. Well described.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey TG I hear many of your brethren did not send in their checks and BS in panic mode , can only drive to so many houses begging kids to play .

Like Reply Quote
Page 126 of 220 1 2 124 125 126 127 128 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard