BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,718
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 121 of 220 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays black. I did notice a few girls not there. One I know was on vacation and got a tryout prior. I also notice at the end when they divided into 3 groups black had a few girls I did not recognize scrimmaging. Will be interesting to see what kind of movement here is including my own 😳

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did notice a lot of goalies at 2019 tryout. I think 6? Last yr I only remember 2 or 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was disappointed when they announced the forming of a 3 rd team. Them one thing they had above tj was they only carried 2 teams not 3 4 or 5. Now it makes me wonder if it's only about the money

When larger numbers show up take the age group do a second day
only way to get a better evaluation IMO It may not be what the club wants to but I think they can get a good look at players and maybe even cut down the tryout pool for the second day

Two hours was enough for 2017. After the skills stations they separated the players into 7v7 groups. The less skilled played against each other, and then there were borderline white v purple, and borderline purple v black. Should be pretty simple to sort out the 3 teams after that.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Black will not change a single player, they should but they won't. Parents bitched all year about playing time (rightly so) but will pay to watch their daughters play for 5 minutes again. Possible goalie change as purple goalie was selected for U15, glad I'm not a gambling man. Save your money if rostered on white.

What do you mean, I have no idea what I'm talking about? All I said was that two hours were enough to pick the teams, and that they sorted them out by color, and by new or less skilled players. Not sure how that applies to all your rambling. Yes, purple goalie is the best at 2017, and will probably be moved. Last year, all three teams had a few changes, so could happen again. If you're not happy try somewhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter plays black. I did notice a few girls not there. One I know was on vacation and got a tryout prior. I also notice at the end when they divided into 3 groups black had a few girls I did not recognize scrimmaging. Will be interesting to see what kind of movement here is including my own 😳

There were a few 2017 purple scrimmaging with black

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were a few 2017 purple scrimmaging with black

There were some black 2017 scrimmaging with white too. Means nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was disappointed when they announced the forming of a 3 rd team. Them one thing they had above tj was they only carried 2 teams not 3 4 or 5. Now it makes me wonder if it's only about the money

only way to get a better evaluation IMO It may not be what the club wants to but I think they can get a good look at players and maybe even cut down the tryout pool for the second day

Two hours was enough for 2017. After the skills stations they separated the players into 7v7 groups. The less skilled played against each other, and then there were borderline white v purple, and borderline purple v black. Should be pretty simple to sort out the 3 teams after that.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Black will not change a single player, they should but they won't. Parents bitched all year about playing time (rightly so) but will pay to watch their daughters play for 5 minutes again. Possible goalie change as purple goalie was selected for U15, glad I'm not a gambling man. Save your money if rostered on white.

What do you mean, I have no idea what I'm talking about? All I said was that two hours were enough to pick the teams, and that they sorted them out by color, and by new or less skilled players. Not sure how that applies to all your rambling. Yes, purple goalie is the best at 2017, and will probably be moved. Last year, all three teams had a few changes, so could happen again. If you're not happy try somewhere else.

Simmer down. I happen to be over the moon thrilled w TG and the entire staff. You think they "sorted by color" which is not entirely true. Of course with 80 girls some will be w teammates but it did not look like the segrated by ability and last year was the first year for white so "all three teams" could not possibly have had changes. Best of luck to ALL who tried out, will be a joyful or tearful weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simmer down. I happen to be over the moon thrilled w TG and the entire staff. You think they "sorted by color" which is not entirely true. Of course with 80 girls some will be w teammates but it did not look like the segrated by ability and last year was the first year for white so "all three teams" could not possibly have had changes. Best of luck to ALL who tried out, will be a joyful or tearful weekend.

I said it was mixes of colors, not exactly sorted by color. Man, you're really just looking for an argument. And we had girls last year, who moved from purple to white, and purple to black, and black to purple. So, there was movement among all 3 teams. You need to simmer down. Everything I said originally was true, and made sense. For some reason you said I have no idea what I'm talking about! I'm a big TG fan too. No need to try to pick my post apart...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really are an idiot , if you played TG last year they know what team you are on before tryouts . If you are new depends on connections first and try out second . He you practiced w at tryout means nothing .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were all the TG people at team BBQ yesterday, not a good turnout, very disappointing. Jump ship ?

TG is more of a "team" club than a club at an overall organization level. The TG teams hang out a little but not as an organization. I know Team Elevate was having their year end event tonight and were having 400 parents and kids attending. TG should try and create an atmosphere like that, I know the kids would enjoy it more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were all the TG people at team BBQ yesterday, not a good turnout, very disappointing. Jump ship ?

TG is more of a "team" club than a club at an overall organization level. The TG teams hang out a little but not as an organization. I know Team Elevate was having their year end event tonight and were having 400 parents and kids attending. TG should try and create an atmosphere like that, I know the kids would enjoy it more.

Elevate's owner is on here again trying to plug his club. Don't fall for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really are an idiot , if you played TG last year they know what team you are on before tryouts . If you are new depends on connections first and try out second . He you practiced w at tryout means nothing .

You are the idiot. I would agree with that, for the most part, but I just gave you real examples of kids that were moved, unexpectedly. You missed my point anyway. Your replies don't even correspond with my original point. I hope you're just a kid, and that would explain it. Otherwise, it you're an adult, it's sad that you can't follow along. Never mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate's owner is on here again trying to plug his club. Don't fall for it.

There is nothing to fall for. My friend and her daughter went to the event and said that it was amazing. Our kids play travel soccer together and the travel club has a year end event that we all enjoy, she said the Elevate year end event was just incredible and said there was about 400 parents and players and the kids had an amazing time. I don't think anyone is getting you to fall for anything, I think they are suggesting that TG should build that kind of team energy and cohesiveness. It's the same conversation we had about having a team tent. Why not? After all this is about the kids having fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have come to the conclusion that anyone on this site that praising a club and making it look like the greatest place to be in more than likely that clubs director hoping to intrigue people into moving to there club. Anyone who crushing a club is most likely someone whose kid is already on that club and hoping new players do not tryout and take their kids spot. I agree Dave from Elevate is always posting on Top Gun and Yellow Jacket thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have come to the conclusion that anyone on this site that praising a club and making it look like the greatest place to be in more than likely that clubs director hoping to intrigue people into moving to there club. Anyone who crushing a club is most likely someone whose kid is already on that club and hoping new players do not tryout and take their kids spot. I agree Dave from Elevate is always posting on Top Gun and Yellow Jacket thread.

I agree!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree!

Ok so since nobody wants to admit that TG doesn't do "club team building" well, without comparing it to other clubs since people get offended by that, why doesn't TG do more of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree!

Ok so since nobody wants to admit that TG doesn't do "club team building" well, without comparing it to other clubs since people get offended by that, why doesn't TG do more of it.

Nobody's denying it. You're asking a question nobody can answer, just to be a jerk-off. If you really want an answer, call Bill, and ask him. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you! If that's what's important to you, than TG is not for you. It's simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey. How many girls left topguns and went with Levy to his new club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve's phone is ringing off the hook. He will have very competitive teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree!

Nobody's denying it. You're asking a question nobody can answer, just to be a jerk-off. If you really want an answer, call Bill, and ask him. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you! If that's what's important to you, than TG is not for you. It's simple.

Glad you are not taking it personally. Without mentioning the competition, I think it would be good to do some things that they do and they are not that difficult to organize like better club organization at tourneys, bus tour for recruiting years, a real year end event, more team building during the year. These are all great things for the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Levys cub name?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to start legacy program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard one

Yes, his daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would disagree. Directors seem to have no idea of players roles on teams throughout the summer. Also seems to be little or no communication with the coaches from summer, who are nowhere to be found come try out time. I dont think they would respect coaches input anyway, hard to give advice to someone who knows everything anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only one not at tryouts was his daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steve's phone is ringing off the hook. He will have very competitive teams

Ok thanks for the update Mrs. Levy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would disagree. Directors seem to have no idea of players roles on teams throughout the summer. Also seems to be little or no communication with the coaches from summer, who are nowhere to be found come try out time. I dont think they would respect coaches input anyway, hard to give advice to someone who knows everything anyway.

That goes back to the lack of being a real club versus individual teams. TG is more of a franchise model - bunch of teams using TG name and follow TG rules. No communication from directors to coaches other than telling them what they must do and telling parents what to pay. Limited communication between directors and parents, that communication goes through coaches. The franchise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have emails gone out for TG teams yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not yet. Supposedly tonight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
some went out older girls I believe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not yet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not yet
the suspense is killing me 😳😳

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes they did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, last night

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not yet
the suspense is killing me 😳😳

Just got 2017 invite! Looking forward to another great year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes