BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,718
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 120 of 220 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh okay!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes sorry I was talking 2018 in reply to how someone thought the white team was awful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]2020 ran full field this morning

Did most kids return or did any jump to Legacy to stay will their coach?

Half are going to Legacy and the rest are going to yj!

All those crazy 2020 parents will fit in nicely with YJ crazies! Good luck in that age group at YJ, other than Shoreham W.R. they (YJ 2020) are the next most dysfunctional group of people in Long Island Lacrosse.

Pay Curcio and you play its a very simple concept.

JONES Is no better with her own training organization. Pay to play baby!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR wants the kid to be her first 7th grade recruit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR wants the kid to be her first 7th grade recruit

What are you babbling about

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got my daughters placement email today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 teams for 2019....does this make purple more competitive? Any movement from purple to black?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you hear about 2019?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes sorry I was talking 2018 in reply to how someone thought the white team was awful.

That 2018 White team did lack talent. My daughter plays on another club from Long Island (2nd 2018 Team on that club) and they played 2018 White and it wasnt even a game. I was very surprised and spoke to some of the parents on TG 2018 White at that game and they expressed their disappointment as well. I would have thought that club would have had far more talent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, sure you did....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That 2018 White team did lack talent. My daughter plays on another club from Long Island (2nd 2018 Team on that club) and they played 2018 White and it wasnt even a game. I was very surprised and spoke to some of the parents on TG 2018 White at that game and they expressed their disappointment as well. I would have thought that club would have had far more talent.

My daughter is 2017, but a good friend of mine, who's not easy to please, he said they did pretty well, and thinks they're very close to being as good as purple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is 2017, but a good friend of mine, who's not easy to please, he said they did pretty well, and thinks they're very close to being as good as purple.

That tells you how good purple isn't!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not see the Purple Team play this year to be honest so I can not make that comparison but I would be surprised if that was the case. My daughter plays on the 2nd Elevate Team and they played the 2018 White team and it wasnt really much of a game. I was surprised and thought that the White team would have been better. Maybe it was just a bad tournament for them, you never know but I thought that they would have been more competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not see the Purple Team play this year to be honest so I can not make that comparison but I would be surprised if that was the case. My daughter plays on the 2nd Elevate Team and they played the 2018 White team and it wasnt really much of a game. I was surprised and thought that the White team would have been better. Maybe it was just a bad tournament for them, you never know but I thought that they would have been more competitive.

The top TG 17 team is not that good either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top TG 17 team is not that good either.

Ok, go away. we're talking about 2018 white and purple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Top Guns black or purple matter at the 5th and 6th grade level? Is there a lot of movement back and forth as ability changes since the girls are so young?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the 2018 white was better than the YJ 2018 3rd team but the YJ 2018 2nd team is better than the tg purple. Just my opinion and yes, my daughter played all 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2018 Purple and YJ 2018 2nd team are comparable...I think TG won by a goal at National Draw...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Top Guns black or purple matter at the 5th and 6th grade level? Is there a lot of movement back and forth as ability changes since the girls are so young?

I think there is. There are only usually a few girls who truly stand out at this age and easily should make the top team in any organization and most of the others are developing at their own pace. I think most lax travel teams attempt to put the best players together on one team but unless they have seen players before in camps or from the year before on previous teams its difficult to assess a player in a 2 hr tryout IMO so its not a big deal if one year they are on a lower team and the next they make the black or blue or first team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly... BS taking the JY model. At least all the chatter now can stop about YJ being the only money grab around

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly... BS taking the JY model. At least all the chatter now can stop about YJ being the only money grab around

In defense of BS and CR, if they have 90-100 girls trying out for their programs at each age level, and they could provide coaches for each team, why wouldn't they add additional teams to service a demand for their product. What should be done with the 50 or so girls who don't make the the a or b team in their age division? If those kids and their parents want them involved with travel lacrosse why not? If their parents don't want to pay that fee they can try out for another less expensive club. But if the demand is there then they should offer the service, and grow the game.

P.S. Black,Purple, White, Blue, Yellow, Green its all a money grab whether your on the top team or the third team (or 5th team in YJ case).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Elevate 2021 Team also beat TG 2021 Black at National Draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the further you get from the top team the worse the coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In defense of BS and CR, if they have 90-100 girls trying out for their programs at each age level, and they could provide coaches for each team, why wouldn't they add additional teams to service a demand for their product. What should be done with the 50 or so girls who don't make the the a or b team in their age division? If those kids and their parents want them involved with travel lacrosse why not? If their parents don't want to pay that fee they can try out for another less expensive club. But if the demand is there then they should offer the service, and grow the game.

P.S. Black,Purple, White, Blue, Yellow, Green its all a money grab whether your on the top team or the third team (or 5th team in YJ case).

But as a parent it is YOUR responsibility to put your child in a place where they will learn and grow. Everyone knows the 3rd, 4th and 5th teams will not get ANYWHERE near the treatment the 1st and 2nd teams will get. If your kid is settiling for a 3rd team and can go somewhere else and play with better kids on a 2nd team, why settle? Also, those lower teams will be treated as if they are non-existent. AND if I were BS or SS wouldnt you want to at least keep some shred of credibility and instead of just putting any kid on the field, field teams with kids that represent YOUR brand? It represents their brand, but maybe they care more about a few grand and less about the brand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was disappointed when they announced the forming of a 3 rd team. Them one thing they had above tj was they only carried 2 teams not 3 4 or 5. Now it makes me wonder if it's only about the money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was disappointed when they announced the forming of a 3 rd team. Them one thing they had above tj was they only carried 2 teams not 3 4 or 5. Now it makes me wonder if it's only about the money

NO need to wonder. It i$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i type too fast!! *The one thing and yj not tj
there were about 75 girls at 2019 tryout I say keep the 2 teams and cut the rest loose keep ur reputation and don't put yourself in same boat as CR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the emails go out? Do they go out for girls who don't make it as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your daughter is on the first or second team, you have nothing to worry about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the emails go out? Do they go out for girls who don't make it as well?

Shannon told the 2017 girls that emails will go out Friday, only to girls who make it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When larger numbers show up take the age group do a second day
only way to get a better evaluation IMO It may not be what the club wants to but I think they can get a good look at players and maybe even cut down the tryout pool for the second day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

only way to get a better evaluation IMO It may not be what the club wants to but I think they can get a good look at players and maybe even cut down the tryout pool for the second day

Two hours was enough for 2017. After the skills stations they separated the players into 7v7 groups. The less skilled played against each other, and then there were borderline white v purple, and borderline purple v black. Should be pretty simple to sort out the 3 teams after that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Two hours was enough for 2017. After the skills stations they separated the players into 7v7 groups. The less skilled played against each other, and then there were borderline white v purple, and borderline purple v black. Should be pretty simple to sort out the 3 teams after that.

The white 2017 team is going to be very weak

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
when will results from tryouts for this year be posted

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there were about 75 girls at 2019 tryout I say keep the 2 teams and cut the rest loose keep ur reputation and don't put yourself in same boat as CR

The good news is I heard the same thing and counted about 75 at 2019 tryouts which means BS has probably accepted that he needs to cut roster sizes down to 22 max. No way to form 3 teams with only 75 kids trying out if he doesn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure there is. Make 3 teams of 25. Nobody gets cut and he makes more money

The good news is I heard the same thing and counted about 75 at 2019 tryouts which means BS has probably accepted that he needs to cut roster sizes down to 22 max. No way to form 3 teams with only 75 kids trying out if he doesn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

75 won't make 3 teams, some won't accept purple and walk, some won't accept white and will walk. Best outcome may be 24 on each black and purple, maybe get lucky on white with Just enough to play, maybe 16?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if players from last year did not show up to this years TG tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no idea what you're talking about. Black will not change a single player, they should but they won't. Parents bitched all year about playing time (rightly so) but will pay to watch their daughters play for 5 minutes again. Possible goalie change as purple goalie was selected for U15, glad I'm not a gambling man. Save your money if rostered on white.

Like Reply Quote
Page 120 of 220 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard