BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 144 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrtas to the Deerfield kid who should be goingbinto senior year....

Where is the list of the express players from? Is it posted online somewhere?

Yes on their website under Recent Commits link. It was also emailed out t

Looks like being on a good travel team is way more important than the HS you go to.

That appears to be the trend.

The strong link between the Catholics and St A's and
Chaminade has been weakening and will continue
To weaken going forward.

What the heck does that mean???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrtas to the Deerfield kid who should be goingbinto senior year....

Where is the list of the express players from? Is it posted online somewhere?

Looks like being on a good travel team is way more important than the HS you go to.

To weaken going forward.

What the heck does that mean???

It means that the best kids will be committed through their travel team long before they see the field at the Catholics, while great freshman brought up to varsity at good HS programs will continue to get recruited though the season as well as the top 20 games which are heavily attended by top coaches. Got it? Catholic is a dinosaur in the lax evolution!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure it has anything to do with Catholic vs. public.

We had a kid in our town commit and he is on the JV.....clearly he got his look from his club team and a great performance at an important showcase.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means that going private for lax reasons is pointless in the current recruiting climate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes on their website under Recent Commits link. It was also emailed out t [/quote]

To weaken going forward. [/quote][/quote]

What the heck does that mean??? [/quote]

It means that the best kids will be committed through their travel team long before they see the field at the Catholics, while great freshman brought up to varsity at good HS programs will continue to get recruited though the season as well as the top 20 games which are heavily attended by top coaches. Got it? Catholic is a dinosaur in the lax evolution! [/quote]

Ok if you say so. Whatever works for each individual family. Wish you and your son much luck and hopefully he gets to wherever he would like to go with his education and lacrosse however you see fit to pursue it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure it has anything to do with Catholic vs. public.

We had a kid in our town commit and he is on the JV.....clearly he got his look from his club team and a great performance at an important showcase.

That's right - school team lacrosse is becoming irrelevant, as I believe it has in soccer. Unless you're from a powerhouse, like West Islip, Ward Melville, Smithtown, etc., HS lax is to keep your game up, and have fun with your classmates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means that going private for lax reasons is pointless in the current recruiting climate.

as a public school dad I must say I do not agree - putting aside the great education and religious aspects - not to many HS games are being scouted until the playoffs when the colleges are done, because the colleges know that 99% of Chaminade kids play JV in 10th grade it is not a stigma that it might be on a public school kid still playing JV in 10th grade. The Cham v. St Anthony's JV is very well attended by college coaches and based on the the signings that these schools are still making I think it is not hurting the kids as far as being recruited having said that I do not think any kid can get recruited without playing club and going to individual camps. Chaminade has rising senior goalies going to Providence and Binghamton and a rising junior going to Notre Dame - none of them have had significant time in goal yet and all three made out OK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To weaken going forward. [/quote][/quote]

What the heck does that mean??? [/quote]

It means that the best kids will be committed through their travel team long before they see the field at the Catholics, while great freshman brought up to varsity at good HS programs will continue to get recruited though the season as well as the top 20 games which are heavily attended by top coaches. Got it? Catholic is a dinosaur in the lax evolution! [/quote]

Ok if you say so. Whatever works for each individual family. Wish you and your son much luck and hopefully he gets to wherever he would like to go with his education and lacrosse however you see fit to pursue it. [/quote]

Express originally started as a summer travel team for the top St Anthony's and Chaminade kids run by the coaches from those schools. Now the vast majority of kids on Express A teams are from non Catholic schools. they get 200 plus kids to show up at tryouts per age group. $100 bucks a pop. So St Anthony's and Chaminade kids are no different than any other kid showing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the tryouts for Express North?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

as a public school dad I must say I do not agree - putting aside the great education and religious aspects - not to many HS games are being scouted until the playoffs when the colleges are done, because the colleges know that 99% of Chaminade kids play JV in 10th grade it is not a stigma that it might be on a public school kid still playing JV in 10th grade. The Cham v. St Anthony's JV is very well attended by college coaches and based on the the signings that these schools are still making I think it is not hurting the kids as far as being recruited having said that I do not think any kid can get recruited without playing club and going to individual camps. Chaminade has rising senior goalies going to Providence and Binghamton and a rising junior going to Notre Dame - none of them have had significant time in goal yet and all three made out OK

Great post! Completely agree.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North is Westchester and Ct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ND a great school. Let me be clear, I would be happy with my son going to either Providence or Binghamton. However, do you really need to go to Chaminade to get into one of those schools? Unless the religious aspect is a major part of the HS decision, I don't see what those kids gained? $40k for a HS education, to go to a college that most public school lax kids with less than a 90 average could get into? I don't see the value. Before you bite my head off, you need to realize a recruited athlete needs lower grades and sat's than the average student.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ND a great school. Let me be clear, I would be happy with my son going to either Providence or Binghamton. However, do you really need to go to Chaminade to get into one of those schools? Unless the religious aspect is a major part of the HS decision, I don't see what those kids gained? $40k for a HS education, to go to a college that most public school lax kids with less than a 90 average could get into? I don't see the value. Before you bite my head off, you need to realize a recruited athlete needs lower grades and sat's than the average student.

Many chaminade graduates not attending top 50 schools even with lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think that ALL parents of Chaminade or St.Ants lacrosse players send their kids to these H.S.'s with all hopes leaning towards "Duke" or "ND" or any Ivy/Patriots/NESCACS??? Thats not it, its about these schools PREPARE a student athlete for college better than SOME of the public schools on LI.

Also, did you ever think that there is a great chance that these student athletes WANTED to go to a Providence or Binghamton? Is that a BAD thing? So, if your kid is a Friar or Flyer and he doesn't go to a "Power D1" lax program does that make him a failure? The answer is NO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take lacrosse out of the equation and you still have about 480 boys in each grade that go to Chaminade without playing lacrosse, and how many lacrosse players go to Chaminade, get cut and still stay there even thought they would play and maybe start at their own HS - CHaminade alone will not get you into that dream school but it sure doesn't hurt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think that ALL parents of Chaminade or St.Ants lacrosse players send their kids to these H.S.'s with all hopes leaning towards "Duke" or "ND" or any Ivy/Patriots/NESCACS??? Thats not it, its about these schools PREPARE a student athlete for college better than SOME of the public schools on LI.

Also, did you ever think that there is a great chance that these student athletes WANTED to go to a Providence or Binghamton? Is that a BAD thing? So, if your kid is a Friar or Flyer and he doesn't go to a "Power D1" lax program does that make him a failure? The answer is NO.

The poster who dissed a Chaminade education is clearly clueless or in denial. One simple fact: What public school has THE standard of one test counting for 1/2 of the students entire grade for the year IN EACH subject? I can't even believe I'm wasting my time with this nonsense but it does infuriate me when someone compares Chaminade to any public school. Have at it but you won't be hearing from me again. P. s. Another fact is no calculators are allowed until junior year!😱

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poster who dissed a Chaminade education is clearly clueless or in denial. One simple fact: What public school has THE standard of one test counting for 1/2 of the students entire grade for the year IN EACH subject? I can't even believe I'm wasting my time with this nonsense but it does infuriate me when someone compares Chaminade to any public school. Have at it but you won't be hearing from me again. P. s. Another fact is no calculators are allowed until junior year!😱

What you should be infuriated by is a smoke and mirrors approach to education and athletics. You keep paying $$$ while my son is committed to Ivy at our perfectly fine public school. Whose the [lacrosse]? Ha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The poster who dissed a Chaminade education is clearly clueless or in denial. One simple fact: What public school has THE standard of one test counting for 1/2 of the students entire grade for the year IN EACH subject? I can't even believe I'm wasting my time with this nonsense but it does infuriate me when someone compares Chaminade to any public school. Have at it but you won't be hearing from me again. P. s. Another fact is no calculators are allowed until junior year!😱 [/quote]

What you should be infuriated by is a smoke and mirrors approach to education and athletics. You keep paying $$$ while my son is committed to Ivy at our perfectly fine public school. Whose the [lacrosse]? Ha [/quote]

For every one of you there is 10 more at chaminade. Also your public school kid isn't prepared for college. Academics going to crush him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you should be infuriated by is a smoke and mirrors approach to education and athletics. You keep paying $$$ while my son is committed to Ivy at our perfectly fine public school. Whose the [lacrosse]? Ha [/quote]

For every one of you there is 10 more at chaminade. Also your public school kid isn't prepared for college. Academics going to crush him. [/quote]

You are kidding, right...too funny ..." oh wow, look honey those Chaminade boys are so much smarter and so well prepared. They run circles around those Jericho, Roslyn and Syosset public school kids. And they have better manners and know how to tie their own ties and you ought to hear them bang out a few hail Mary's. The only kids who can keep up on the rosary relay are the ones from South Side because so many of them went to St. Agnes "

What a joke! Don't be stupid you moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a lot more to be prepared for than just academics when it comes to college. Yes that is the main aspect but there are others. Integrating with different people. Chaminade does not prepare as well as public schools in that area, we all know that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I think horse has been pretty well beaten at this point. Now back to lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you should be infuriated by is a smoke and mirrors approach to education and athletics. You keep paying $$$ while my son is committed to Ivy at our perfectly fine public school. Whose the [lacrosse]? Ha

For every one of you there is 10 more at chaminade. Also your public school kid isn't prepared for college. Academics going to crush him. [/quote]

You are kidding, right...too funny ..." oh wow, look honey those Chaminade boys are so much smarter and so well prepared. They run circles around those Jericho, Roslyn and Syosset public school kids. And they have better manners and know how to tie their own ties and you ought to hear them bang out a few hail Mary's. The only kids who can keep up on the rosary relay are the ones from South Side because so many of them went to St. Agnes "

What a joke! Don't be stupid you moron. [/quote]

OK,OK, This guy wins. His post says it all.

His very gifted and hard working son IS the prototypical product of all public schools on LI.

Those Chaminade boys (athletic or not) are the kids who can't hack it in the public school environment.

They hide behind a few Hail Mary's and spirituality as their means to make up for their lack of intelligence, social skills, character and common sense.

They'll be doomed to struggle in mediocre colleges and a lifetime of low level, meaningless careers making no personal or professional contributions to the community and humanity.

He nailed it. They are all failures at 15yrs old. DONE!

And their parents, don't get me started! He's right about them too. How ridiculous they are for wasting copious amounts of their own their money on Catholic education while at the same time draining valuable public school resources for such things as a late bus. These people are needy leeches who are just paying for a brand or a label.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For every one of you there is 10 more at chaminade. Also your public school kid isn't prepared for college. Academics going to crush him.

What a joke! Don't be stupid you moron. [/quote]

OK,OK, This guy wins. His post says it all.

His very gifted and hard working son IS the prototypical product of all public schools on LI.

Those Chaminade boys (athletic or not) are the kids who can't hack it in the public school environment.

They hide behind a few Hail Mary's and spirituality as their means to make up for their lack of intelligence, social skills, character and common sense.

They'll be doomed to struggle in mediocre colleges and a lifetime of low level, meaningless careers making no personal or professional contributions to the community and humanity.

He nailed it. They are all failures at 15yrs old. DONE!

And their parents, don't get me started! He's right about them too. How ridiculous they are for wasting copious amounts of their own their money on Catholic education while at the same time draining valuable public school resources for such things as a late bus. These people are needy leeches who are just paying for a brand or a label.

How ironic is it that there is a debate about the merits of a Chaminade education here on the long Island Express thread given the fact that Express has thrown the incoming Chaminade class of 2018 under the bus?

[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How ironic is it that there is a debate about the merits of a Chaminade education here on the long Island Express thread given the fact that Express has thrown the incoming Chaminade class of 2018 under the bus?

Please explain?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain?

Chaminade freshman class starts a week of full day orientation Monday Aug25 through Friday Aug 29. Any kid playing a sport
has tryouts/practice from 3:30 until 6pm every day that week. Express are having tryouts for the 2018's that Tuesday and Thursday 5pm until 7pm at Mitchel Field. Nice job Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain?

Chaminade freshman class starts a week of full day orientation Monday Aug25 through Friday Aug 29. Any kid playing a sport
has tryouts/practice from 3:30 until 6pm every day that week. Express are having tryouts for the 2018's that Tuesday and Thursday 5pm until 7pm at Mitchel Field. Nice job Express.

yea...I would say you are right about the bus...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain?

You would think Moran would know this. Something doesn't sound right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain?

I would guess that the director from Saint Anthony's never checked and that Moran has no idea what's going on. The Chaminade athletes cannot make that tryout or show up late. Full day at school then 2 and half hour practice in full pads for football players THEN show up for lacrosse tryout? Nice job Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain?

haha, you think Moran cares about the express? When has he? Just like St.A head coach. Those guys mail it in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain?

haha, you think Moran cares about the express? When has he? Just like St.A head coach. Those guys mail it in.

The St. As coach puts his time in with the 2020 group because he has a kid there. Love when he wears the orange shirt. Look it's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain?

The St. As coach puts his time in with the 2020 group because he has a kid there. Love when he wears the orange shirt. Look it's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!

Nice representation of a public school parent. Way to go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a lot more to be prepared for than just academics when it comes to college. Yes that is the main aspect but there are others. Integrating with different people. Chaminade does not prepare as well as public schools in that area, we all know that.

Unless you go to a college that looks like Chaminade. Then there's that life thing unless you work on Wall Street with all you Chaminade buddies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting back to lacrosse...can anyone tell me who are the coaches for both of the 2022 teams? I would appreciate it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting back to lacrosse...can anyone tell me who are the coaches for both of the 2022 teams? I would appreciate it.

I've heard that Chanenchuk will coach the 2022 grade, but I'm not sure which team. Dennis Kelly has coached the A team the last cpl/few years and is a solid coach.

But love him or hate him, if Channy coaches the A team he will attract a solid following.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Dennis Kelly has coached the A team the last cpl/few years and is a solid coach.
/quote]

That is the funniest comment I've read on here in a while. He may be a solid coach but not fit to coach kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kelly left for Igloo 2023..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] Dennis Kelly has coached the A team the last cpl/few years and is a solid coach.
/quote]

That is the funniest comment I've read on here in a while. He may be a solid coach but not fit to coach kids!

Okay, you got me on a technicality. Solid coach, maybe too intense for the young kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its great how you don't man up and give your name when you name a coach and say he is not fit to coach kids. You must be a real man to bad mouth a coach/ teacher behind your anonymous post. Most players and parents are disappointed that he decided to move on. We wish him luck with Igloo 2023. My son has played for him the last two years, and loved every second of it. Now hopefully the team can continue to improve under the new coaches. We have had nothing but a positive experience with Express, and anticipate more of the same in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its great how you don't man up and give your name when you name a coach and say he is not fit to coach kids. You must be a real man to bad mouth a coach/ teacher behind your anonymous post. Most players and parents are disappointed that he decided to move on. We wish him luck with Igloo 2023. My son has played for him the last two years, and loved every second of it. Now hopefully the team can continue to improve under the new coaches. We have had nothing but a positive experience with Express, and anticipate more of the same in the future.

Nobody said you shouldn't continue to have positive experiences with the Express. They are a first class organization and will be even better in this age group now with a better coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that one of the assistant coaches for 2022 express will be the coach from south shore thunder. His kid is on the team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 71 of 144 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard