Originally Posted by Anonymous
It means that going private for lax reasons is pointless in the current recruiting climate.

as a public school dad I must say I do not agree - putting aside the great education and religious aspects - not to many HS games are being scouted until the playoffs when the colleges are done, because the colleges know that 99% of Chaminade kids play JV in 10th grade it is not a stigma that it might be on a public school kid still playing JV in 10th grade. The Cham v. St Anthony's JV is very well attended by college coaches and based on the the signings that these schools are still making I think it is not hurting the kids as far as being recruited having said that I do not think any kid can get recruited without playing club and going to individual camps. Chaminade has rising senior goalies going to Providence and Binghamton and a rising junior going to Notre Dame - none of them have had significant time in goal yet and all three made out OK

Great post! Completely agree.

ND a great school. Let me be clear, I would be happy with my son going to either Providence or Binghamton. However, do you really need to go to Chaminade to get into one of those schools? Unless the religious aspect is a major part of the HS decision, I don't see what those kids gained? $40k for a HS education, to go to a college that most public school lax kids with less than a 90 average could get into? I don't see the value. Before you bite my head off, you need to realize a recruited athlete needs lower grades and sat's than the average student.

Do you think that ALL parents of Chaminade or St.Ants lacrosse players send their kids to these H.S.'s with all hopes leaning towards "Duke" or "ND" or any Ivy/Patriots/NESCACS??? Thats not it, its about these schools PREPARE a student athlete for college better than SOME of the public schools on LI.

Also, did you ever think that there is a great chance that these student athletes WANTED to go to a Providence or Binghamton? Is that a BAD thing? So, if your kid is a Friar or Flyer and he doesn't go to a "Power D1" lax program does that make him a failure? The answer is NO.

The poster who dissed a Chaminade education is clearly clueless or in denial. One simple fact: What public school has THE standard of one test counting for 1/2 of the students entire grade for the year IN EACH subject? I can't even believe I'm wasting my time with this nonsense but it does infuriate me when someone compares Chaminade to any public school. Have at it but you won't be hearing from me again. P. s. Another fact is no calculators are allowed until junior year!😱