BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,754
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 109 of 220 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So my son tried out for a 2020 team this year, he made the "A" team and is a good (not great) player. We paid our tuition and have up until recently been happy. That was of course until the team added 2 new players with two tournaments to go. I just think that is wrong. I mean what does that say to the kids who made the team when a kid shows up who didn't try out and starts taking playing time away from those that did.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for U15?
I'm thinking TG's have very little chance, weak 17's. Trying to patch up with 18's will not work. Probably the 2 weakest age groups for black teams in the program. We will see if I am wrong, but I don't think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears to be a Yellow jacket year... No Maryland teams... I guess there could always be a surprise California team rise up and take it..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So my son tried out for a 2020 team this year, he made the "A" team and is a good (not great) player. We paid our tuition and have up until recently been happy. That was of course until the team added 2 new players with two tournaments to go. I just think that is wrong. I mean what does that say to the kids who made the team when a kid shows up who didn't try out and starts taking playing time away from those that did.

Why are you talking about that on a girl's team thread? What boys A team was that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you continuing the off topic conversation????

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for U15?
I'm thinking TG's have very little chance, weak 17's. Trying to patch up with 18's will not work. Probably the 2 weakest age groups for black teams in the program. We will see if I am wrong, but I don't think so.

There are plenty of talented 17s. Many did very well during their HS varsity season this year. TG decided to take more 16 and 18s because Shannon coaches both teams, simple as that. Charging a fee for girls to try out was disgusting, but in the end they will be humiliated by every opponent they face. Ir's a shame, the top 10 black and purple girls could have had a nice impact. I'm not saying every black girl or every purple girl deserved to be on team, they could easily get rid of 5 players on each team. Anyone know the website for score updates?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care about the website if they are going to get humiliated...I think there are only (2) 2016 players on roster. I do not know how many 2018 girls are on the team but I assume they must have some talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care about the website if they are going to get humiliated...I think there are only (2) 2016 players on roster. I do not know how many 2018 girls are on the team but I assume they must have some talent.

Need the website to see the score. Why does everything posted have to be dramatic? People are entitled to their opinions. Of course there is talent on 18, but there is enough talent on both 17 teams that they didn't need to touch 18. The 17 goalie has been w the team since the inception and she was passed over. No, this is not her parent, but she deserved the nod.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse website should have the scores, as this is their tournament. I would imagine that you could also follow them on twitter.

As to the roster choices, the sad truth is that winning is good for business, so that becomes the priority. Unfortunately player development and recruiting exposure take a back seat. The parents and players are just pawns in the money makers' game.

Need the website to see the score. Why does everything posted have to be dramatic? People are entitled to their opinions. Of course there is talent on 18, but there is enough talent on both 17 teams that they didn't need to touch 18. The 17 goalie has been w the team since the inception and she was passed over. No, this is not her parent, but she deserved the nod.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goalie never had a shot due to politics. This club is plagued by one bad executive decision after another. Watching the inner workings of what's going on is comical at times.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did TG really charge a fee to try-out for the U15 tournament ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse website should have the scores, as this is their tournament. I would imagine that you could also follow them on twitter.

As to the roster choices, the sad truth is that winning is good for business, so that becomes the priority. Unfortunately player development and recruiting exposure take a back seat. The parents and players are just pawns in the money makers' game.

Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears to be a Yellow jacket year... No Maryland teams... I guess there could always be a surprise California team rise up and take it..

Not a single Maryland club team and very few, if any, college coaches in attendance. Travel 2K miles to play YJ, Elevate, Steps and Liberty? US LAx couldn't even pull together 32 teams this year. Why do clubs waste their memebers time and money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what the Empire Games are? Got an email TODAY that tryouts are TODAY in Massapequa. Is it worth it? For some reason I thought itvwas a boys team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a single Maryland club team and very few, if any, college coaches in attendance. Travel 2K miles to play YJ, Elevate, Steps and Liberty? US LAx couldn't even pull together 32 teams this year. Why do clubs waste their memebers time and money.
I guess Colorado isn"t a vacation hot spot for the cultural elitist from Maryland, or maybe there boss Obuma told them they have to cut back on travel so he can golf more

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone know what the Empire Games are? Got an email TODAY that tryouts are TODAY in Massapequa. Is it worth it? For some reason I thought itvwas a boys team

Same. Also would like some info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess Colorado isn"t a vacation hot spot for the cultural elitist from Maryland, or maybe there boss Obuma told them they have to cut back on travel so he can golf more

Yep, everyone's turning it into a family vacation...keep rationalizing. Point is, you're spending a ton of time and money to compete against a watered-down field where the best teams consist of kids from your own back-yard. Capital Cup this weekend was a far better attended event at 25% of the cost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Same. Also would like some info.

$75 tryot fee, $400 to play. Hotel, food and travel expense to Syracuse... Keep it. They attempted to have a tryout last month and it didn't go too well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, everyone's turning it into a family vacation...keep rationalizing. Point is, you're spending a ton of time and money to compete against a watered-down field where the best teams consist of kids from your own back-yard. Capital Cup this weekend was a far better attended event at 25% of the cost.
As a Long Island parent I feel confident in saying that a trip to Co , or a trip to Va. isn't much different. The difference is, if a Md. parent has to go out of their way without someone taking care of all the costs, or having to do a little bit of work for themselves, they would rather just stay home. To be honest I was surprised they went to Fla. It's why they will not come to L.I. to play. Just a little to difficult to get through the city, so they just stay home. Come on even there kids all go to U.MD because its close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disney was a great spot for this!
Never many coaches at this a few but not what you would think. I think that maybe 5 at the most when my daughter played. That includes SS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Empire tryouts call Natasha Fuchs at 631-379-3186, tryouts today July 21,2014 at Field of Dreams, Massapequa at 6 pm. The Tournament is July 31 - August 3 at OCC in Syracuse. Do not know if any costs are involved to tryout. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a Long Island parent I feel confident in saying that a trip to Co , or a trip to Va. isn't much different. The difference is, if a Md. parent has to go out of their way without someone taking care of all the costs, or having to do a little bit of work for themselves, they would rather just stay home. To be honest I was surprised they went to Fla. It's why they will not come to L.I. to play. Just a little to difficult to get through the city, so they just stay home. Come on even there kids all go to U.MD because its close

Yep, that's why the top clubs don't come to the island to play. Couldn't be because there is not a single decent tournament held on the island. Name one, just one. You are the ultimate rationalizer. Kids didn't play in one of the biggest recruiting tournaments of the year but instead, run off to Colorado to play against their neighbors with virtually no coaches there to watch them do it. You support it so expect to keep getting it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow that's a money grab! Thanks for the info-was on the fence but will now save the coin.

Just heard from 2 friends on 2 different teams in CO, whoever said no coaches are there is...CORRECT! Apparently more coaches were at The Grind! TG parents already complaining because some girls seeing little playing time. What is the old saying? "You get what you get and you don't get updet..."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how come last year this was the ultimate tourney on TG list but this year its a joke. Could it be your team is weak ? Making excuses bc you know YJ going to dominate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow that's a money grab! Thanks for the info-was on the fence but will now save the coin.

Just heard from 2 friends on 2 different teams in CO, whoever said no coaches are there is...CORRECT! Apparently more coaches were at The Grind! TG parents already complaining because some girls seeing little playing time. What is the old saying? "You get what you get and you don't get updet..."

did you see the score of these games? very one sided games. What a waste of time, no wonder college coaches are no where in sight

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurricane on its way to Florida, maybe Colorado isn't such a bad spot for this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how come last year this was the ultimate tourney on TG list but this year its a joke. Could it be your team is weak ? Making excuses bc you know YJ going to dominate.

Can't change history my friend..whatever happens this year..Topguns Won last year beating the fabled YJ Defo in the final

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did you see the score of these games? very one sided games. What a waste of time, no wonder college coaches are no where in sight

That's a long way to go and a small fortune to play obvious (by the scores) very weak teams. And girls are standing on the sidelines even with a 10 goal lead!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't change history my friend..whatever happens this year..Topguns Won last year beating the fabled YJ Defo in the final

Agree cant change history so before results are over is it the important tournament you made it out to be last when your 2015 player put a mediocre team on her back and won the championship against the U15 non defo YJ team, or is the joke your TG brethren are pretending this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree cant change history so before results are over is it the important tournament you made it out to be last when your 2015 player put a mediocre team on her back and won the championship against the U15 non defo YJ team, or is the joke your TG brethren are pretending this year.

I can't say if it's a great tournament or not, I'm not there this year. Obviously the absence of any team from Maryland diminishes the competition level. (can't control who shows up) you have to beat the teams there. The rumor is your "superstar" 2016 goalie and her mom are there this year.., can she carry your team to the championships?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, everyone's turning it into a family vacation...keep rationalizing. Point is, you're spending a ton of time and money to compete against a watered-down field where the best teams consist of kids from your own back-yard. Capital Cup this weekend was a far better attended event at 25% of the cost. [/quote]As a Long Island parent I feel confident in saying that a trip to Co , or a trip to Va. isn't much different. The difference is, if a Md. parent has to go out of their way without someone taking care of all the costs, or having to do a little bit of work for themselves, they would rather just stay home. To be honest I was surprised they went to Fla. It's why they will not come to L.I. to play. Just a little to difficult to get through the city, so they just stay home. Come on even there kids all go to U.MD because its close [/quote]

And that's why half the rosters over at the southern ACC schools are from Maryland? Look at the rosters before you generalize. Besides, I've heard that there will be two Maryland teams at Hofstra this weekend. Who knows, if the tournament makes a good impression on those two teams - M&D and Sky Walkers may end up following next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra? MD? Never happen. Why would they travel and spend unnecessarily when they don't need to. Maryland kids gets recruited just fine already and as for them going to UMD it's lacrosse at the highest level and lowest cost plus a great education which sounds like the perfect equation. If you can't get that you can't get anything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This U15 tourny is on its last leg, plus the way these clubs (YJ and TG) approach it is poisonous. Breaking age groups down, pulling girls from here and there, alienating half of the girls on teams. This is a good way to fracture a club. Not worth all the internal grief it causes, clubs would be better off abandoning this thing as it is a joke anyway. National champs, really? The competition that shows up for National draw is ten times better than this piece of crap. Seriously if one or two of these LI clubs pull out, this tourny is gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree on the talent at this tournament but I look at it the other way...lacrosse is the fastest growing HS sport in the country and more and more colleges are starting programs every year. As it grows outside the traditional hotbed of the Mid Atlantic and Northeast regions there will be more opportunities for our young ladies. I see girls from LI committing to west coast colleges more and more.

This tournament, although not as strong as some weekend tournaments in the summer on the east coast could get bigger and better as those other regions improve. We know states like California, Texas, Colorado...etc. have tremendous athletes...time will tell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOOKS LIKE YJ IS MAKING A STATEMENT - 3 Undefeated teams, need I say more?

Dukes HHH, Elevate Earn No. 1 Seeds at US Lacrosse U15 National Championships
By Paul Krome and Brian Logue | Photo Gallery | LaxMagazine.com | Live Blog | Twitter

AURORA, Colo. – Dukes HHH (Pa.) and Elevate (N.Y.) emerged from three games of pool play on opening day of the sixth annual US Lacrosse U15 National Championships to earn the number one seeds in the boys' and girls' divisions, respectively, for the single-elimination brackets that begin tomorrow here at scenic Aurora Sports Park. Those brackets continue through Wednesday, when Coaches Aid will live stream the title games that crown the annual national champions of US Lacrosse's U15 membership.

Elevate was one of seven teams to post 3-0 records in pool play, and by tiebreakers was awarded the No. 1 seed ahead of three teams from the Yellow Jackets (N.Y.) program, Long Island Liberty (N.Y.), STEPS (N.J.), and defending national champion Long Island Top Guns, which earned the No. 7 seed. Elevate surrendered just two goals in three pool-play games to earn a first-round bye in the 29-team bracket. Yellow Jackets 2017 Gold and Yellow Jackets 2017 Blue also qualified for first-round byes and will begin play in the round of 16 at 9:30 a.m. MT Tuesday.

The girls' field includes teams from 14 states, many of which qualified automatically with registration discounts by finishing in the top four at one of four US Lacrosse Regional Championships last month. That pool included fourth-seeded Yellow Jackets 2018 Blue, gold medal winner at the US Lacrosse Northeast Championships, and 17th-seeded Team 180 2018 (Colo.), gold medal winner at the West Championships, among others.

Seeds, pool-play records and first-round matchups for the 29-team girls' bracket (all times Mountain):
1. Elevate (N.Y.) 3-0 (bye)
2. Yellow Jackets 2017 Gold (N.Y.) 3-0 (bye)
3. Yellow Jackets 2017 Blue (N.Y.) 3-0 (bye)
4. Yellow Jackets 2018 Blue (N.Y.) 3-0 vs. 29. Illinois Elite 0-3, 8 a.m. Field 20
5. Liberty (N.Y.) 3-0 vs. 28. Utah 0-3, 8 a.m. Field 19
6. STEPS (N.J.) 3-0 vs. 27. Minnesota Elite 0-3, 9:30 a.m. Field 23
7. Top Guns (N.Y.) 3-0 vs. 26. Desert Elite (Ariz.) 0-3, 9:30 a.m. Field 20
8. Ultimate Elite (Pa.) 2-0-1 vs. 25. Coast to Coast LA (Calif.) 0-3, 8 a.m. Field 19
9. Eagle Stix 2017 (Ga.) 2-0 -1 vs. 24. Khaos (Ga.) 0-3, 8 a.m. Field 18
10. Pacific Falcons (Calif.) 2-1 vs. 23. Superstix (Wash.) 0-3, 9:30 a.m. Field 19
11. Washington 2-1 vs. 22. C2C Dallas (Texas) 0-3, 9:30 a.m. Field 22
12. Team 180 2017 (Colo.) 2-1 vs. 21. Colorado 1-2, 8 a.m. Field 22
13. BearLax 2017 (Calif.) 2-1 vs. 20. Cardinal Red 2017 (Va.) 1-2, 8 a.m. Field 21
14. Sunshine State Select (Fla.) 2-1 vs. 19. Cool Stick Illinois (1-2), 9:30 a.m. Field 21
15. Eagle Stix 2018 (Ga.) 2-2 vs. 18. Lakeshore (Ill.) 1-2, 9:30 a.m. Field 18
16. BBL Elite (N.J.) 1-2 vs. 17. Team 180 2018 (Colo.) 1 -2, 8 a.m. Field 17

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NY teams 18-0, outscoring their opponents 279-41. It's sad really.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns Tourny all low level LI teams as expected. Not worth getting up for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This U15 tourny is on its last leg, plus the way these clubs (YJ and TG) approach it is poisonous. Breaking age groups down, pulling girls from here and there, alienating half of the girls on teams. This is a good way to fracture a club. Not worth all the internal grief it causes, clubs would be better off abandoning this thing as it is a joke anyway. National champs, really? The competition that shows up for National draw is ten times better than this piece of crap. Seriously if one or two of these LI clubs pull out, this tourny is gone.

I guess you weren't at the Draw this year yes some good teams but not as strong in the upper grades as in years past. There use to be a larger number of the stronger clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns Tourny all low level LI teams as expected. Not worth getting up for.

If YJ, Elevate, Liberty and TG directors banned together to make a strong tourney on LI, the MD teams would attend. If all of those teams worked together to develop a strong tournament I think better teams outside of NY would attend. The issue is, each strong program on LI has their own tournament and none of them will support one another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament in its 2nd yr and this year has teams from two established Maryland clubs. Do you know of a better girls tournament on LI ? Like all things needs time to grow

Like Reply Quote
Page 109 of 220 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard