BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,865
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 64 of 66 1 2 62 63 64 65 66
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Praying for #00

Same

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
🙏 for the young man, his family and those that are caring for him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoffs on the line this weekend. 4 teams for 3 spots. Congrats to TC for 1st. Do they rest and let kids play or do they keep the throttle floored? Who will they play?
ML will handle predators, and should advance.
What happens if Legends win? They are a legit threat.
NL vs Hawks. Will be game of the weekend, winner moves on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some advice. My son plays on an elite level club team at this age. He left one club team last season because they just didn't have the talent to develop the kids in a meaningful way. His old club has asked him to play for them at no cost this summer. There are no conflicts with his new club tournament schedule and it'll be 3 tournaments (his current coaches are aware and don't have any problems with it). He probably won't make any of the practices with his old team. He wants to do it because he still has friends on the old team. I want him to do it, because his new team has been running a lot of specialized D and O middies and he doesn't get to play much defense. His old team isn't there yet, so he'll get time out there on defense. Any reason to think it will hurt his development to be out there playing with his old team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some advice. My son plays on an elite level club team at this age. He left one club team last season because they just didn't have the talent to develop the kids in a meaningful way. His old club has asked him to play for them at no cost this summer. There are no conflicts with his new club tournament schedule and it'll be 3 tournaments (his current coaches are aware and don't have any problems with it). He probably won't make any of the practices with his old team. He wants to do it because he still has friends on the old team. I want him to do it, because his new team has been running a lot of specialized D and O middies and he doesn't get to play much defense. His old team isn't there yet, so he'll get time out there on defense. Any reason to think it will hurt his development to be out there playing with his old team?

My son plays for his old club in a similar situation.

Outside of potential overuse injuries, there are only positives to be had from playing with his old club. I'm a big believer that at this age, the more "roles" you son can experience and having different coaches voices and observations provide great benefit.

That is, of course, assuming that your son WANTS to do this.

It's important that you keep this fun. It's 7th grade. There's plenty of time for development later. #1... make sure he is having fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outside of potential overuse injuries, there are only positives to be had from playing with his old club. I'm a big believer that at this age, the more "roles" you son can experience and having different coaches voices and observations provide great benefit.

It's important that you keep this fun. It's 7th grade. There's plenty of time for development later. #1... make sure he is having fun.

Thanks for that. It's right in line with where my thinking was. I was actually surprised when I asked him if he wanted to and he didn't hesitate to say yes. As much as he wants to win and knowing that his old team is just not that good, he jumped at the idea. It's easy to forget that in spite of the fact that some of them are ultra competitive, they are still 7th graders who sometimes just want to play with their friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for that. It's right in line with where my thinking was. I was actually surprised when I asked him if he wanted to and he didn't hesitate to say yes. As much as he wants to win and knowing that his old team is just not that good, he jumped at the idea. It's easy to forget that in spite of the fact that some of them are ultra competitive, they are still 7th graders who sometimes just want to play with their friends.

My son's old club is not very good either.... More of a AA or AAA level Hoco team.

However, he really enjoys playing for them after all of his games against elite competition. It's nice for him to play "stress-free" lacrosse and have easier success once in a while.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son's old club is not very good either.... More of a AA or AAA level Hoco team.

However, he really enjoys playing for them after all of his games against elite competition. It's nice for him to play "stress-free" lacrosse and have easier success once in a while.

There's a reason why kids *who don't play lax anymore* walk around in Towson with Crabs and 91 shorts on. They were glory days, and they know it, but they were so miserable or bored that they quit the whole sport. It's also why you can consistently buy used Crabs, 91, and Madlax helmets. "Not so fond memories." Almost 100% guarantee their parents didn't do what you're talking about.

Any opportunity you can give your son to get reps and remember why he loves the game, will pay off in spades. Reps against quality players is also important, but if that's all you give him, and he's not a superstar, it tends to lead to the #1 and #2 reason kids quit......pressure from coaches and dads. There are a shocking number of decent players in 8th-10th grade private school programs who openly talk about when they'll be "allowed" to quit playing....injury...cut from varsity, etc. And I know that no parents here will admit that it's possible, but a whole lot of high level players from the DMV every year have the option to play college ball and choose not to, because they've had enough. Make it fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids need to be happy to be successful. The average youth lacrosse player is way too stressed out. When I grew up, there was not club lacrosse. I went on to play high level college lacrosse. Now, I’m not saying club lacrosse does not serve a purpose. But the rat race is ridiculous. The elite problems blast out a few big commitments but honestly most players are headed where they are headed. They will likely get looks where they should be going. It’s more important that your son loves playing and is happy then he wears a shiny helmet. Some players spend more hours in the car driving to practice then they actually spend practicing. Could you imagine if they cut that time in half and spent those extra hours shooting in the yard or playing basketball in the neighborhood?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids need to be happy to be successful. The average youth lacrosse player is way too stressed out. When I grew up, there was not club lacrosse. I went on to play high level college lacrosse. Now, I’m not saying club lacrosse does not serve a purpose. But the rat race is ridiculous. The elite problems blast out a few big commitments but honestly most players are headed where they are headed. They will likely get looks where they should be going. It’s more important that your son loves playing and is happy then he wears a shiny helmet. Some players spend more hours in the car driving to practice then they actually spend practicing. Could you imagine if they cut that time in half and spent those extra hours shooting in the yard or playing basketball in the neighborhood?

What percentage of that stress comes from parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would you handle if your son had opportunities to play in other settings but you've heard that its frowned upon by home club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 8 Games - Great Season Boys

Things noticed this week. The last week of the season included some really good games, however I am not going to start with that. I want to begin by saying how amazing the lacrosse community is. We all know the happened to the TC player and how devastating it was. Word is he is doing better everyday but still has a long road to recovery. Teams individually came together to support the player, his team, nd his family in communal support. Hawks, Legends, Madlax, and Next level joined for a picture in support of #00. Legends players taped #00 on their helmets in support. Banners and signs were hung on the field. The lacrosse community joined in solidarity for a fellow player. Well done players and coaches for taking a few moments to put play on the side burner for a fellow player.

This last week demonstrated good lacrosse and demonstrated that a team can show up or fall in the ranks through skill, mental toughness, and grit. At the top, any of the five teams is able to be champions (I know that only 4 make it). The notion that there is a dominant team way above everyone else is obsolete. Any game can go one way or the other. Growth through out the season in teams is apparent even for the teams at the bottom. Adversity and how teams deal with it can be seen directly on the field in player’s play and through coaching. At this age skill needs to be balanced with lacrosse IQ and a mindset to work through game/play situations.

Next Level vs. Annapolis Hawks
This game was a battle between 2 teams that wanted a good win. Through out most of the game the play wasn’t up to caliber that we expect to see in both teams. Dropped balls, missed passes, and predictable play created a balanced game that was hard fought, but didn’t show apparent change in game play and style. The last quarter was different for both teams with fast play, limited mistakes, and heart. In the end the end it was the methotical, robotic, concise play that Hawks are used to playing that won the game for them. While this type of play for them is predictable in the end the lack of any mistakes and preciseness won the game. Great job by both teams during the seasons.

Legends vs. True Chesapeake
Another great game. Both Legends and TC battled it out, with what at first seemed like it would end up like a one side match with TC taking a lead in the third. Legends, like always grinding it out to make it a tie game towards the end of the 4th. This game carried a lot of emotional weight especially for TC. TC and Legends matched up well both offensively and defensively. The difference between one team winning and the other losing was possession and not forcing the natural flow of the game. TC played well this season ending undefeated, however some of the wins were closer in goals than expected. Legends deserves all the credit and respect in the world. They played well this season. Ending tied for 4th with Next Level. Do they belong in the mix with the top teams? Absolutely, they are a top team. Do they need some work? Yes like many top teams do. Legends has consistently proven that they are not out of any game with any team. They are a fast , strong, and gritty team. Excited to see what the next chapter brings. Also, remember, Legends is a Club/Red team. Congratulations for repping the rec programs over the years. TC congrats on great season and great play.

FCA vs. Team 91
I guess we can call it a spoiler. A tale of two teams. FCA going 1-7 and Team 91 winning more games this season than the last 2. FCA has some thinking to do. Not sure where to start, but here are my thoughts. FCA has talented players, who never had a clearly defined role on the team. This could have been caused by adding to many new players, putting too much pressure on the stars to perform, and maybe lack of on field leadership. FCA will be fine down the road(?). It will be interesting to see how these players use this season to build upon not necessarily with skills , but mentally. How do you get 13 year olds to persevere with such a drastic slump. Team 91 played better then years past. They continue to improve and stay in games longer than normal. Was this win a statement win. Yes, It was. Even though FCA was not what they normally are, this win provides 91 with the end of season momentum they need to encourage more growth and development.

Predators vs. Madlax
As expected Madlax won a lot to a little. All I can say is Preds got a taste of elite lacrosse this season. Do they deserve to be in this division? Yes because they were #1 last year in triple A. Did they see a huge difference in play from AAA? Yes. Preds can now learn from this season and make adjustments as needed. Madlax played well. The gap they had from previous seasons is gone. Easy wins are minimal and even gone. How can they improve from a predictable and successful system they run? Only time will tell as players learn to use their lacrosse IQ over physical skill.

Not picking a winner for the playoffs. Great season of lacrosse! Excited to see what the tournaments show us this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First you have committed to your home club. The team you spend most of your time with. Second there are many opportunities to play on side clubs different from your home team and witch “may” provide a different opportunity. My feeling is if this side club interferes at all with your home club then the home club may have never been your choice or you have FOMO and feel that if you miss this opportunity you kid will never make it. Don’t let the side club, that may play a few tournaments interfere with the real meat and bones of team lacrosse. Many of the “allstar” teams are just money makers. Would you like it if you planned a birthday party with your friend and they cancelled because they decided to hang out with a friend of a friend that they kind of knew to get a beer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First you have committed to your home club. The team you spend most of your time with. Second there are many opportunities to play on side clubs different from your home team and witch “may” provide a different opportunity. My feeling is if this side club interferes at all with your home club then the home club may have never been your choice or you have FOMO and feel that if you miss this opportunity you kid will never make it. Don’t let the side club, that may play a few tournaments interfere with the real meat and bones of team lacrosse. Many of the “allstar” teams are just money makers. Would you like it if you planned a birthday party with your friend and they cancelled because they decided to hang out with a friend of a friend that they kind of knew to get a beer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Things noticed this week. The last week of the season included some really good games, however I am not going to start with that. I want to begin by saying how amazing the lacrosse community is. We all know the happened to the TC player and how devastating it was. Word is he is doing better everyday but still has a long road to recovery. Teams individually came together to support the player, his team, nd his family in communal support. Hawks, Legends, Madlax, and Next level joined for a picture in support of #00. Legends players taped #00 on their helmets in support. Banners and signs were hung on the field. The lacrosse community joined in solidarity for a fellow player. Well done players and coaches for taking a few moments to put play on the side burner for a fellow player.

This last week demonstrated good lacrosse and demonstrated that a team can show up or fall in the ranks through skill, mental toughness, and grit. At the top, any of the five teams is able to be champions (I know that only 4 make it). The notion that there is a dominant team way above everyone else is obsolete. Any game can go one way or the other. Growth through out the season in teams is apparent even for the teams at the bottom. Adversity and how teams deal with it can be seen directly on the field in player’s play and through coaching. At this age skill needs to be balanced with lacrosse IQ and a mindset to work through game/play situations.

This game was a battle between 2 teams that wanted a good win. Through out most of the game the play wasn’t up to caliber that we expect to see in both teams. Dropped balls, missed passes, and predictable play created a balanced game that was hard fought, but didn’t show apparent change in game play and style. The last quarter was different for both teams with fast play, limited mistakes, and heart. In the end the end it was the methotical, robotic, concise play that Hawks are used to playing that won the game for them. While this type of play for them is predictable in the end the lack of any mistakes and preciseness won the game. Great job by both teams during the seasons.

Another great game. Both Legends and TC battled it out, with what at first seemed like it would end up like a one side match with TC taking a lead in the third. Legends, like always grinding it out to make it a tie game towards the end of the 4th. This game carried a lot of emotional weight especially for TC. TC and Legends matched up well both offensively and defensively. The difference between one team winning and the other losing was possession and not forcing the natural flow of the game. TC played well this season ending undefeated, however some of the wins were closer in goals than expected. Legends deserves all the credit and respect in the world. They played well this season. Ending tied for 4th with Next Level. Do they belong in the mix with the top teams? Absolutely, they are a top team. Do they need some work? Yes like many top teams do. Legends has consistently proven that they are not out of any game with any team. They are a fast , strong, and gritty team. Excited to see what the next chapter brings. Also, remember, Legends is a Club/Red team. Congratulations for repping the rec programs over the years. TC congrats on great season and great play.

FCA vs. Team 91
I guess we can call it a spoiler. A tale of two teams. FCA going 1-7 and Team 91 winning more games this season than the last 2. FCA has some thinking to do. Not sure where to start, but here are my thoughts. FCA has talented players, who never had a clearly defined role on the team. This could have been caused by adding to many new players, putting too much pressure on the stars to perform, and maybe lack of on field leadership. FCA will be fine down the road(?). It will be interesting to see how these players use this season to build upon not necessarily with skills , but mentally. How do you get 13 year olds to persevere with such a drastic slump. Team 91 played better then years past. They continue to improve and stay in games longer than normal. Was this win a statement win. Yes, It was. Even though FCA was not what they normally are, this win provides 91 with the end of season momentum they need to encourage more growth and development.

Predators vs. Madlax
As expected Madlax won a lot to a little. All I can say is Preds got a taste of elite lacrosse this season. Do they deserve to be in this division? Yes because they were #1 last year in triple A. Did they see a huge difference in play from AAA? Yes. Preds can now learn from this season and make adjustments as needed. Madlax played well. The gap they had from previous seasons is gone. Easy wins are minimal and even gone. How can they improve from a predictable and successful system they run? Only time will tell as players learn to use their lacrosse IQ over physical skill.

Not picking a winner for the playoffs. Great season of lacrosse! Excited to see what the tournaments show us this summer.

I appreciate your week to week updates, but why the detest on FCA all season long?

For clarity, FCA only added 4 new field players and 1 new goalie. Injuries were the story of the season and yes are part of the game. This season of adversity has been challenging, but I assure you my son (FCA player) has learned life lessons from it. Expect the unexpected in life. They are binding together and not listening to outside noise. Long term hopefully it makes them strong for 8th grade season. Sounds like they will be without their top two midfielders for some of the summer.

Roles are definitely clearly defined, however shuffling positions from week to week with the "next man up mentality" is challenging for sure. FCA played Team 91 with a total of 3 midfielders and had 2 defenders and 2 attackmen running midfield. I think most teams in the elite division would look drastically different under similar circumstances.

Again, not an excuse in any way, but don't try to change the narrative as an FCA hater.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Predictions for this weekend:

True over Next Level (8-6)
Madlax over Hawks (6-3)

Championship: Madlax over True (10-6). I think the emotions of what True is trying to over come and deal with through player tragedy finally catch up to them.

Congrats on a great season!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's playoff time......Hawks will rise and figure it out once again.

True over NL
Hawks over Madlax
Hawks over True in championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think it’s an FCA hater. I think it’s an honest assessment. FCA has been a strong team for many years at this level and to be hit with a season like this is very unusual. When this happens there is an even more critical eye on the drastic change. Hopefully the poster provided some observable productive criticism and thought. If you want to see some real FCA haters go to that thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an FCA Hater, just the opposite. I want the players to succeed. Just an honest observation and critique of how they performed based on the growth and success of previous seasons and games. #WatchedeveryFCAgame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True over NL
Hawks over Madlax

I gotta feeling about HAWKS as well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this level each team has a few "difference maker" players on their roster. Losing any of those type of players and the team will definitely be impacted. You can go up and down the elite rosters and pick out those guys on each team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAA Dad here....curious what teams in the Elite Division have "Daddy Ball" coaching? Looking to have my son tryout for a couple elite teams to try and make that jump, but don't want a Dad coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True over NL
Hawks over Madlax

I gotta feeling about HAWKS as well!

I think winner of the Madlax vs. Hawks game takes the championship! I just don't see True being the same with out #00.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAA Dad here....curious what teams in the Elite Division have "Daddy Ball" coaching? Looking to have my son tryout for a couple elite teams to try and make that jump, but don't want a Dad coach.

For the Baltimore area:
FCA = Ryan Horenburg. Son is on the team. Great dude.
Crabs/LTLC = Jamie Pezzulla. Son is on the team. Crabs has a long-standing policy of no dad coaches in middle & high school - will be interesting to see if current coaches remain moving forward.
91MD = Austin Stewart. Offensive Coordinater Varsity McDonogh. Non-parent coach.
Preds = James Margrath. Defensive Coordinator Varsity McDonogh. Non-parent coach.

Never hurts to reach out prior to try-outs to any of these coaches. You never know -- they may be able to watch your son at a tournament or have them join a practice leading up to tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every time I hear the Daddy Ball comment I feel like it is just an excuse. If your kid is good enough he will play. I am sure there are exceptions to this but I hear this criticism way too often. Your bigger challenge is being better than the kids already on Elite rosters because those are largely well established teams but again if your son stands out and performs he will earn his time. Many of those teams go into tryout season looking only to fill a slot or two so if your only criteria is whether the coach has a kid on the team you are limiting your options.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA vs. Team 91

Predators vs. Madlax

I appreciate your week to week updates, but why the detest on FCA all season long?

For clarity, FCA only added 4 new field players and 1 new goalie. Injuries were the story of the season and yes are part of the game. This season of adversity has been challenging, but I assure you my son (FCA player) has learned life lessons from it. Expect the unexpected in life. They are binding together and not listening to outside noise. Long term hopefully it makes them strong for 8th grade season. Sounds like they will be without their top two midfielders for some of the summer.

Roles are definitely clearly defined, however shuffling positions from week to week with the "next man up mentality" is challenging for sure. FCA played Team 91 with a total of 3 midfielders and had 2 defenders and 2 attackmen running midfield. I think most teams in the elite division would look drastically different under similar circumstances.

Again, not an excuse in any way, but don't try to change the narrative as an FCA hater.

Stop being so sensitive! The guy that does these updates is extremely fair and gives constructive feedback on what he sees. It is a breath of fresh air on this otherwise toxic board. If he was a hater he might have said FCA really looked like a AAA level team when they lost their student ATT holdback to age verification.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every time I hear the Daddy Ball comment I feel like it is just an excuse. If your kid is good enough he will play. I am sure there are exceptions to this but I hear this criticism way too often. Your bigger challenge is being better than the kids already on Elite rosters because those are largely well established teams but again if your son stands out and performs he will earn his time. Many of those teams go into tryout season looking only to fill a slot or two so if your only criteria is whether the coach has a kid on the team you are limiting your options.

How many teams in the elite division this year will replace "only a slot or two"? Crabs will be at least 10-12. FCA may be a little less. 91MD a little more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is likely going to be some roster movement on ML, NL and probably TC because of formation of DCE at the 8th grade level. How much is certainly up for debate but I doubt DCE will look at BLCs results this year in AAA and think those will work at elite next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is likely going to be some roster movement on ML, NL and probably TC because of formation of DCE at the 8th grade level. How much is certainly up for debate but I doubt DCE will look at BLCs results this year in AAA and think those will work at elite next year.

Is it a given DCE will be Elite? Who do they replace?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DCE will definitely cause roster movement
CRABS will definitely cause some roster movement. Will definitely have former Legends players looking for new homes.
SHUCKERS will definitely cause some roster movement, or at least kill Predators two teams.

There will definitely be 2029's who are too old due to age verification who play in tournaments and not HOCO.

Should be interesting!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks Like true is adding another team in Maryland. True HOCO. 29 an younger. I am guessing their business model is working. Wonder which team they bought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shuckers sounds more like fake news. Only information floating around is tournament drop in during summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks Like true is adding another team in Maryland. True HOCO. 29 a younger. I am guessing their business model is working. Wonder which team they bought.
Some kind of power struggle between the VA families and the MD families? VA is claiming teams success do MD has to travel more.
Or there is nothing out there, so they are staking claim?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks Like true is adding another team in Maryland. True HOCO. 29 a younger. I am guessing their business model is working. Wonder which team they bought.
Some kind of power struggle between the VA families and the MD families? VA is claiming teams success do MD has to travel more.
This has nothing to do with True Chesapeake.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439959 Yesterday at 07:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 29 team is the ONLY True team in elite/aaa playoffs in hoco. There is no True model at work here. The 29 team has worked hard to make it. See nothing in True that is helping there.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439973 Yesterday at 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[[/quote]

Again, not an excuse in any way, but don't try to change the narrative as an FCA hater.[/quote]

My son is also on the FCA 2029 team. There are a total of 8 new players (7 field and a goalie).

Injuries are definitely part of the struggles. That said, I think another part is the fact that the maturation process for these young men is not linear. Kids who were absolute studs last year don’t look as explosive or impactful. They are still as skilled but other teams have players that grew more and are more physically dominant.

Some of these boys haven’t hit full puberty yet. Once they do, it will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439984 Yesterday at 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 29 team is the ONLY True team in elite/aaa playoffs in hoco. There is no True model at work here. The 29 team has worked hard to make it. See nothing in True that is helping there.

The "TRUE" Model is to make $$$$. That is there number one metric. They are succeeding!! They don't care how the True HOCO team will do at any age group. It's just an increase in revenue which = WIN!

True Chesapeake 2029 was a team that stayed together as a successful rec team (ALC Bay Raiders), and then improved with the migration of VLC's best players. Congrats on a great season to them!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439989 Yesterday at 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shuckers sounds more like fake news. Only information floating around is tournament drop in during summer.

Shuckers is 100% planning on fielding a 2029 team. They also want to add a 30 and 31

we received the official email yesterday

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #439990 Yesterday at 01:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would you handle if your son had opportunities to play in other settings but you've heard that its frowned upon by home club?

I would find another club. It’s seventh grade. Let the kids have fun and develop without control freak coaches and managers trying to exploit your child to win another meaningless tournament trophy.

Like Reply Quote
Page 64 of 66 1 2 62 63 64 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard