BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 63 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 62 63
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of the missing players were playing on WS teams? I noticed some virginia players were on the Red Hots roster for the WS. I thought Red Hots was a PA team? It also looks like they were 2030s.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reply if kids choose that over their season team shame on them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100 mile radius - Red Hots out of Pitt, PA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If kids choose to not play with their seasonal team for a weekend tournament, they should not expect to get playing time when they come back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hots got a big DQ because they had 2 home bases. I expect nothing else from a team who knowingly plays older kids. How many 6’ white kids do you see in 7th grade. The Hots had 6-8 mongos playing at earlier MD tournament—now caught cheating. They are just robbing parents$ and kids of opportunities!!!!!

Total losers!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Fusion Futures looking quite ordinary against a good team when their high schoolers aren't allowed to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about Fusion Futures looking quite ordinary against a good team when their high schoolers aren't allowed to play?
Did you mean against a good team with great outsiders helping them? If you can’t do it with yours, don’t bother!! That’s why this tournament doesn’t mean anything to those that matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red Hots got a big DQ because they had 2 home bases. I expect nothing else from a team who knowingly plays older kids. How many 6’ white kids do you see in 7th grade. The Hots had 6-8 mongos playing at earlier MD tournament—now caught cheating. They are just robbing parents$ and kids of opportunities!!!!!

Total losers!

So just looking at it from the outside here, but I believe RH (as did all teams entered) had approval from WS organizers on the roster for their home bases, not sure how that can be classified as cheating especially when Player Authenticate did the review and cleared everyone on the 100 miles for their home bases. Pretty sure everyone had to submit drivers license and utility bills showing proof of address…correct?!? RH published the roster on IG, weren’t hiding anything from what I could tell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total losers!

So just looking at it from the outside here, but I believe RH (as did all teams entered) had approval from WS organizers on the roster for their home bases, not sure how that can be classified as cheating especially when Player Authenticate did the review and cleared everyone on the 100 miles for their home bases. Pretty sure everyone had to submit drivers license and utility bills showing proof of address…correct?!? RH published the roster on IG, weren’t hiding anything from what I could tell.

Nah…I’ll stick with they are a bunch of cheaters. They just got called on it this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when Dad’s are so mad their son’s team lost, they start yelling the tournament is meaningless.
Well, your Fusion “stars” just got handled in a meaningless tournament…gotta sting

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total losers!

Nah…I’ll stick with they are a bunch of cheaters. They just got called on it this time.

91 used a player way outside 100 mile radius but were allowed to use him as a courtesy. The haves vs the have nots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total losers!

Why didn’t 91 get DQ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when Dad’s are so mad their son’s team lost, they start yelling the tournament is meaningless.
Well, your Fusion “stars” just got handled in a meaningless tournament…gotta sting

To be fair, losing 4-3 in the championship game isn't "getting handled"...

True Chesapeake is a solid team normally and bringing in the top faceoff kid/mid from madlax along with other key players makes you better.

The problem with futures is they still partially follow the nationals model. MM from TC can't play for both teams at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you mean against a good team with great outsiders helping them? If you can’t do it with yours, don’t bother!! That’s why this tournament doesn’t mean anything to those that matter.

Their stars couldn't make it due to the age rules. It's amazing what teams look like when playing on-age (September 1and later). I will give them credit for showing up though, unlike the HoCo teams who are too busy hiding behind their elite regional league to bother representing the east. I guess everyone tries to protect their fiefdom in their own way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their stars couldn't make it due to the age rules. It's amazing what teams look like when playing on-age (September 1and later). I will give them credit for showing up though, unlike the HoCo teams who are too busy hiding behind their elite regional league to bother representing the east. I guess everyone tries to protect their fiefdom in their own way.

So tell WS organizers to coordinate with HoCo on dates, and hold the WS qualifiers the weekend before. Why is that so hard?!? Stop blaming the HoCo teams and saying they are hiding, it’s a scheduling conflict simple as that (and starting next year the ‘30 have very little holdback situations occurring with the new age guidelines being enforced across HoCo and other tourneys). HoCo is the best Spring league with the top 4-5 teams in the Elite division are typically in the top 20 teams in the country. Every game counts, so of course HoCo teams are going to prioritize that. True Chesapeake had a bye because they asked for it, but Hawks, Madlax, Crabs, NL all can’t get bye’s the same weekend. All these teams practice through the winter and early Spring, they are itching to play games. Have WS qualifiers the weekend after Spring Thaw or NL invitational.

What LI and NE teams don’t understand is we like playing you guys because we get sick of playing each other (Baltimore, DMV). We all complain about the traffic coming up to NY and you guys complain coming here (I-95 sux) but it’s the best lacrosse in the country in tournaments we have LI/NE teams playing DMV/Baltimore teams. It’s the tourney organizers that need to understand this, especially for the top 20-25 teams in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the WS swag worth that much to you?

If your club team isn't already playing in tournaments against Baltimore/LI/NJ then maybe you need to work harder and get the kiddo on a better team? Just a thought ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one seems to be arguing that the WS or playing on National teams is good for youth lacrosse or good for player development. Perhaps this is because they aren't. The kids get plenty of chances to earn their local or regional bragging rights during the summer tournament cycle at NAL, NLF and other events when the teams have had their whole spring season to practice and play together, schools are out, so travel is a little easier, and from a parent/fan's perspective, it's a whole lot more fun to watch a lacrosse game when it is sunny and warm than it is when it is cold, rainy and windy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should all the other areas of the country complain for the MD/DMV club teams? If they really wanted to participate, they could make it work, everyone knows that. They don’t. Why? Because their teams carry too many over-age kids. It’s simple really.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should all the other areas of the country complain for the MD/DMV club teams? If they really wanted to participate, they could make it work, everyone knows that. They don’t. Why? Because their teams carry too many over-age kids. It’s simple really.

"They don't. Why?" Because the only people that care about the world series of youth lacrosse are folks that have a financial tie to it. It's a meaningless tournament -- drastically less important than before True bought the tourney. HoCo much more important / valuable to player development. That's why local teams focus on that. A meaningless tournament that is an absolute money grab...or a top-notch spring league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet you are a riot on the sidelines during games. Can you please tell us what team your boy plays on so we can keep an eye out for the clown behavior?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Observer to this convo…WS is silly, like Apex, the Circuit, Club Nationals. It is even more silly now that teams are moving towards age verification

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL and HoCo debate is silly and they could easily coexist if the organizers cared to do so.

US Lacrosse set a June 1st age cut off. HoCo adopted it and the MD teams complied. Some were impacted more than others.

WSYL stuck to September 1st age cut off. Not sure why they didn’t follow US Lacrosse guidance, but they didn’t. Now you have a bunch of elite team who are following their governing body’s rules who are not eligible. Couple that with the overlap of schedules.

Maybe I’m over simplifying this, but it seems solvable if anyone cared to make it work.

Also, LI vs MD vs the rest of the world, just make everyone play in DE to make it equally painful for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its why True C added a few guest players from the DMV to their WS team. (and those kids only played on Sunday cause they played with their HoCo teams on Saturday) True C had 3/4 kids on their main roster not eligible for WS cause they were born after 6/1 but before 9/1. They met the guidelines for the tourney. From what I heard it was some good competition and the actual WS tourney in July is loaded with top teams from mid Atlantic and Northeast so should be fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse at WSYL who won the North qualifier looked tough as heck. CT team, so keep that in mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse is going to be tough to beat. Not sure how the top 4 East teams will fare (3D Garden, True, Fusion, and Duke's) against the north, but it should be a good time for the kids regardless. Interesting to see how the rankings for the WS look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breaking news for you MD Dads: the kids thoroughly enjoy the experience! Put your ego aside for once and see it for what it is…an enjoyable tourney for the kids!
You don’t want to play, that’s fine. Some clubs do, all the kids do. And they should, it’s awesome!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop. Repeat. No one cares about the WS. Go start a new thread for the 4 dad’s that care. Better yet start a thread for instagram tournaments that we can lump all this nonsense into.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This sounds like the new pitch all the organizers are putting out about these tournaments. Kids love it! Enjoy the family lax vacation!

Kids love playing video games all day too! Sad part is the adults are buying in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an I missing, how is it different than any of the other tournaments we'll be doing this summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breaking news for you MD Dads: the kids thoroughly enjoy the experience! Put your ego aside for once and see it for what it is…an enjoyable tourney for the kids!
You don’t want to play, that’s fine. Some clubs do, all the kids do. And they should, it’s awesome!
It's great that you enjoy the tournament, but what's the ego comment about? I'm guessing you profit from it in some way because I can't think of any other reason why a grown man would act like this otherwise. Just a thought, maybe you'll have better success increasing participation if you stop acting like a clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks, next level, fca, and madlax all would not be able to play WS because their team has older kids not eligible. That’s why True picked up hawks and mad lax kids for WS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying that all of those teams have rostered players who are not eligible under Hoco rules but they are playing in that league? Scandalous!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying that all of those teams have rostered players who are not eligible under Hoco rules but they are playing in that league? Scandalous!

Not scandalous if you actually knew the rules.

HoCo follows US Lacrosse rules of June 1.

https://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachments/document/8983-3156974/GHCLC_Spring_2024_Guidelines.pdf

WSYL is September 1 making any HoCo kid born between June 1 and September 1 ineligible for the World Series.

I don’t know why this is so hard. It has to be either ignorance because your kid doesn’t actually play in HoCo or just pot stirring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not scandalous if you actually knew the rules.

HoCo follows US Lacrosse rules of June 1.

https://cdn1.sportngin.com/attachments/document/8983-3156974/GHCLC_Spring_2024_Guidelines.pdf

WSYL is September 1 making any HoCo kid born between June 1 and September 1 ineligible for the World Series.

I don’t know why this is so hard. It has to be either ignorance because your kid doesn’t actually play in HoCo or just pot stirring.

Let me break it down for you again,

US Lacrosse run from Baltimore and zero backbone, caters to the Baltimore Private schools and clubs affiliated with them. It set the birthday to June 1 to accommodate all the prefirsts,reclass and holdbacks in private Baltimore schools that are born during the summer. If they did Sept 1 like MD schools do, HOCO would be a rec league. Not being even earlier date, should be considered a victory to age based LOL.

WSYL is attempting to be different and use grade/age based like the majority of school systems do, Sept 1.

We are not going back to true age base, Way to many holdbacks now, not like 10 years ago when holdbacks were a smaller group . Why the silliness of pretending to be age based of June 1 is beyond me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They don't have enough talent up in NY to put together leagues like HoCo or the MIAA. Hence all the jealousy and the clear inferiority complex.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No such thing as WSYL anymore. It died a few years ago and was replaced with inferior Lacrosse World Series Championship (LWSC). Difference is like comparing NFL to XFL. If you paid a bunch of money for it I get why you wish it was relevant. But nobody else cares. If your kid is having fun with LWSC let it be enough. Other kids are playing in more competitive events and having fun too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an I missing, how is it different than any of the other tournaments we'll be doing this summer?
Haaa, exactly. When your kid is in 10th grade, you’ll look back and realize what a fool you were about this LWSC stuff. It’s just another tournament, one with a big Instagram budget

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland kids can’t play on-age; everyone in the northeast knows that. Every one of your kids that succeed are either hold backs or double holdbacks. But, hey, it’s working so congrats…can’t argue w the success.
But, on age? NY, PA and NJ all have more talent.
Enjoy HOCO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lawrenceville, haverford etc don't have holdbacks...
Riiight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After a week off these are the games this week who ya got

Hawks Vs Legands
TC vs FCA
NL vs Preds
91 vs ML

Hopefully this also ends all this holdback [Censored] from our neighbors up north

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 63 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 62 63
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard