BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by baldbear -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,925
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is nothing like the gift of time. I think most of us would love to go back and have an extra year of high school. Grades would be better, mentally and physically more mature and have the confidence to be successful. Instead of cursing the holdback, one should embrace it. It’s a great opportunity for a number of kids who are struggling not only physically but academically. Each situation is different, so dont be so hard and dont be quick to judge. - Holdback Parent

If you tried to get me to repeat a grade in school you would’ve had a fight on your hands and I loved those years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he was good on 2027, then why would he reclass to be on the 2028 Venom.

The kid he was stuck behind is a prodigy. I would reclass my kid too if he was behind that.

A “prodigy”? Give me a break pal. He’s good goalie. Leave it at that. They don’t play for the same high school. The 27 goalie re classed because he’s tiny and wasn’t as good. And with his dad as a coach of the 27 team it was getting awkward. But calling the other goalie a “prodigy” is just silly.

Tell me your kid plays goalie without telling me your kid plays goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid he was stuck behind is a prodigy. I would reclass my kid too if he was behind that.

A “prodigy”? Give me a break pal. He’s good goalie. Leave it at that. They don’t play for the same high school. The 27 goalie re classed because he’s tiny and wasn’t as good. And with his dad as a coach of the 27 team it was getting awkward. But calling the other goalie a “prodigy” is just silly.

Tell me your a mom without telling me you’re a mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be the goalies dad. No other person would use the word prodigy unless it was his own son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USA lacrosse membership renewal requires age verification

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s a joke right?!!! Nobody is on the field checking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question, do the 2028 Rebels team still exist? I feel like they change their name every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question, do the 2028 Rebels team still exist? I feel like they change their name every year.

I think you answered your own question. If they changed their name they must exist right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t they used to have a Rebels AA and B team, as well as a Rebels East team? I do not remember what any of the team names were and certainly don’t know now as you rarely ever see them at tournaments. Maybe someone can enlighten us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t they used to have a Rebels AA and B team, as well as a Rebels East team? I do not remember what any of the team names were and certainly don’t know now as you rarely ever see them at tournaments. Maybe someone can enlighten us.

The Rebels will be just fine! The last of the TOXIC Turtle parents left this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The TOXIC Turtle parent is till there. And more TOXIC than ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Rebels will be just fine! The last of the TOXIC Turtle parents left this year.

Wait now you are blaming turtle parents for the reputation of the rebels?? Why if these 2 teams are so irrelevant and people still obsessed with them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A simple website search could answer that
But we all know that’s not why you are asking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mind reader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait now you are blaming turtle parents for the reputation of the rebels?? Why if these 2 teams are so irrelevant and people still obsessed with them?

I'm Guessing they are pointing out the fact that whichever team a few turtle parents jumped to tends to fall apart afterward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm Guessing they are pointing out the fact that whichever team a few turtle parents jumped to tends to fall apart afterward.

Most of the rebels jumped ship and went to express before turtles players went there. Maybe there will be more jumping to express soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spring launch schedule coming out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played for the rebels 2028 gators team last year, we have since left. The organization seemed in disarray with equipment they never gave out gloves. The director sent emails and kept moving the goal post so to speak. Last email was over the summer saying it was his fault and that we would receive a credit for gloves next year. Which was all fine and well but if you left like us that didn’t help. From speaking to some that are still playing for the organization he then promised to have all equipment delivered by late fall but they haven’t received any including the gloves and it’s almost spring. Maybe they are having money issues? Just seems odd for such a big organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are playing in spring event next weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello-new to Long Island travel lacrosse (recently moved to LI from Mass). Son just joined a '28 team. Who are considered the top 28's? I keep reading about 91, Turtles, Legacy, Express and Rebels. Do these teams have multiple teams (A, B, C) or just one top tier team? Are there any other programs to know of? We live in eastern Nassau county.
Also, looking for a summer lax camp, and my neighbor told me about the St. Anthony's camp. Looking for some feedback/help as we try to get him back into lax. Played for Laxachusetts, missed 1.5 years while recovering from a compound fracture in his leg. (as well as the anxiety returning to lax brought him).

Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For eastern Nassau your best bets are for competitive teams

91 Venom/ Express Chucks - top tier

S2S, Igloo, BTB, 91 Surge - plays AA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello-new to Long Island travel lacrosse (recently moved to LI from Mass). Son just joined a '28 team. Who are considered the top 28's? I keep reading about 91, Turtles, Legacy, Express and Rebels. Do these teams have multiple teams (A, B, C) or just one top tier team? Are there any other programs to know of? We live in eastern Nassau county.
Also, looking for a summer lax camp, and my neighbor told me about the St. Anthony's camp. Looking for some feedback/help as we try to get him back into lax. Played for Laxachusetts, missed 1.5 years while recovering from a compound fracture in his leg. (as well as the anxiety returning to lax brought him).

Thanks.

91 venom and the express chucks first team are the two top teams. Under that you have shore to shore, legacy, rush, be the best, igloo, rebels and 91 surge (the second team under venom) in no particular order. Under that would be countless “B” teams for the already mentioned clubs plus a bunch of “east” versions. Plus also true blue and recon. I’m not sure where they would fall.
I probably left a few of the list.
No shortage of clubs to take your money on Long Island.
St. Anthony’s camp is fine.
Good luck with his recovery!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would express chucks enter a B tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Chucks is a couple of layers away from a B team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would express chucks enter a B tournament

Playing GSB instead of primetime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't Chucks Black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't Chucks Black.

The Chucks kid all started and played more then the CoachC Kids .... Might has well be the Chucks .... What a classless move by express! Primetime's B team looked decent! Same with the Rebels B team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't Chucks Black.

Plenty of starters from top team were there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't Chucks Black.

The Chucks kid all started and played more then the CoachC Kids .... Might has well be the Chucks .... What a classless move by express! Primetime's B team looked decent! Same with the Rebels B team!
That was Rebels Black and Prime time both are A teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't Chucks Black.

Express played this about as good as they could have. Do not put the Express lower team in this tournament bc they would have lost ad that would look bad. Make sure enough top kids are there sprinkled in to ensure a victory. My son plays for GSB so I was glad he had some good competition. Express can post the victory on social media and claim their other team won a tournament. I thought overall the games w Express, Primetime and Rebels all seemed competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Primetime only has 1 team and they travel anywhere to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't Chucks Black.

This is what Express is going to do all season long. Expect some good competition when you play them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't Chucks Black.

Every Express parent was like, “They called us because the team needed players”. Reality check - you’re superstar is on the B squad and still barely plays. He looks good in Orange and your LIE Stadium jackets are real sharp though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't Chucks Black.

Express played this about as good as they could have. Do not put the Express lower team in this tournament bc they would have lost ad that would look bad. Make sure enough top kids are there sprinkled in to ensure a victory. My son plays for GSB so I was glad he had some good competition. Express can post the victory on social media and claim their other team won a tournament. I thought overall the games w Express, Primetime and Rebels all seemed competitive.

Same old story w Express. They get results and their top kids go on to play at the next level. I am just stunned that many of the parents who have kids on their 2nd team are not furious when 10/12 kids from their "A" Team come down and take playing time away. All the games were close so at the end of the day that is all you could ask for. Truthfully, if that was only the Express "B" team they would not have won the championship. They may not have won a game and that would be bad for the bank accounts. Good program and parents and athletes keep signing on for this type of thing. Our kids competed against Express and primetime. Both were good quality lax games. The last game against GSB "B" team was not enjoyable for anyone. Good luck to all the boys this spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top teams (Express and 91) will start to consolidate and fly in more out of state players and make room for holdbacks. I think Express is trying to show parents they can make a reliable "A" team as a second team. Otherwise, they know those players will leave to play at other programs. I suspect a bunch of Venom players will get moved to Surge (they will most likely leave to play somewhere else since Surge doesn't have the coaching). Once 9th/10 grade comes along a lot of players will be off those teams unless they're politically connected. Hence why you see teams like True Blue send kids off to top D1 schools every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express left many of their best players at home-they combined some of their "pretty good" black team with most of the orange team. Many kids invited to play weren't available (St. Paddy's Day conflict?) A lot of errors/mistakes by these kids, but to put the black team in would've been unfair. Seems like they did the best they could to keep it competitive. Rebels have some solid kids, was close then Express pulled away. First GSB team really struggled, 2nd GSB team had a nice group of kids, too. Good athletes-but it seemed like Express put a fair team out there and were aware of how lopsided it would've been if they brought their black team. Yes, Express parent, but no, my kid is not on the 28's. my son is 29's, but has friends on 28 so we watched whenever we could when our schedule allowed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they played primetime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express left many of their best players at home-they combined some of their "pretty good" black team with most of the orange team. Many kids invited to play weren't available (St. Paddy's Day conflict?) A lot of errors/mistakes by these kids, but to put the black team in would've been unfair. Seems like they did the best they could to keep it competitive. Rebels have some solid kids, was close then Express pulled away. First GSB team really struggled, 2nd GSB team had a nice group of kids, too. Good athletes-but it seemed like Express put a fair team out there and were aware of how lopsided it would've been if they brought their black team. Yes, Express parent, but no, my kid is not on the 28's. my son is 29's, but has friends on 28 so we watched whenever we could when our schedule allowed.

Ok. Solid recap but you are definitely a parent of a kid on that team. lol. Why not just put the Orange team in the tournament? Bc they would have lost at least 2 games. It worked out well bc they did have a good group of kids for this level of a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they don’t have enough players for 2 teams so they pulled all the B team players up to the Chucks and they mainly sit the bench during AA tournaments. Thus they need B tournaments to get those kids playing time. They don’t have enough players for a B only team so they add the AA players to help fill out roster and make them more competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because they don’t have enough players for 2 teams so they pulled all the B team players up to the Chucks and they mainly sit the bench during AA tournaments. Thus they need B tournaments to get those kids playing time. They don’t have enough players for a B only team so they add the AA players to help fill out roster and make them more competitive.

With well over 45 players between two teams, how do you not have enough??? And why are people out of town on St Paddy’s day???

Come on…

Also, if you are a player on the A team do you feel pressure to have to play in a B tournament, because why would you? There is no upside

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard