BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,680
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 113 of 132 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 131 132
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
RP is a well coached team. There is talk that this may be the last year Garrison has a team with more than half of the team graduating and nobody new coming in and no jv team.

Who's talk? The new coach is doing a lot of recruiting locally and beyond to bring girls in. They have the ability to board, great facilities, and it's a good school. There's no reason why this would be the last year.

She is getting new players but haven't heard of any 28s locally from the top clubs choosing GFS. Not to mention having half your team (maybe more?) as freshman and competing in the A division will be difficult to say the least. They will have a team the question is will they drop to B next year and for the foreseeable future?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid got recruited while on JV! No thanks to the outgoing varsity coach though. She ruined us for a lot of schools.

Girls don’t get recruited through any high school teams. Just say she got recruited from a club even though the club didn’t help her be a varsity players. JV players usually end up low D1 at best because their skills and understanding of the game are behind others. Not because a coach kept her down.

LOL. You saying that most of the top D1 players were 4 year letter winners? Not to mention in hotbed areas like MD? Yeah right...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People won’t pay $35k to go to a below average team. And yes lots choose cause of the sports. You also know the good middle school players locally will follow the wins too. Garrison will struggle after the 24s leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid got recruited while on JV! No thanks to the outgoing varsity coach though. She ruined us for a lot of schools.

Girls don’t get recruited through any high school teams. Just say she got recruited from a club even though the club didn’t help her be a varsity players. JV players usually end up low D1 at best because their skills and understanding of the game are behind others. Not because a coach kept her down.
People really do say the strangest things on here. "JV players usually end up low D1"? What in the world are you talking about? And honestly, at the end of the day...D1 is D1 - an incredible accomplishment no matter where the school falls in the rankings. Unfortunately, there are too many PARENTS on here that THINK their child should only play top 20 D1 school...how sad. Once your child is in school and playing the sport that she loves (hopefully is playing for herself and NOT her PARENT0, you will realize it's about lax helping them pay their EDUCATION - so top D1 or low D! - it doesn't matter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RP is a well coached team. There is talk that this may be the last year Garrison has a team with more than half of the team graduating and nobody new coming in and no jv team.

Who's talk? The new coach is doing a lot of recruiting locally and beyond to bring girls in. They have the ability to board, great facilities, and it's a good school. There's no reason why this would be the last year.
I don't know the coach or the players graduating or even if they have an up and coming younger team so I could easily be wrong here.
I know there have been many conversations and debates about A vs B vs C division and who should play where but I really do believe that you should have to have a JV team to be able to participate in the A division. Not fair to the JV girls who have no one to play

I was told Garrison doesnt have a JV team, which other IAAM A Schools dont have a JV?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus she's a 5 time National Champ....

Hedged her bets though with youngest DD at RPCS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know the coach or the players graduating or even if they have an up and coming younger team so I could easily be wrong here.
I know there have been many conversations and debates about A vs B vs C division and who should play where but I really do believe that you should have to have a JV team to be able to participate in the A division. Not fair to the JV girls who have no one to play

I was told Garrison doesnt have a JV team, which other IAAM A Schools dont have a JV?
GCS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does GCS go from one of the top iaam schools to not even having a JV, it can't just be from a reputable coach leaving. What's the backstory?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does GCS go from one of the top iaam schools to not even having a JV, it can't just be from a reputable coach leaving. What's the backstory?
I think the administration wanted to get away from the athletics push and rather focus on academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the administration wanted to get away from the athletics push and rather focus on academics.

Seems odd, it can be both. But specifically, what changed? Reduced $$ for lacrosse players? Pay coaches less? Locality wise, it is in a great spot to grab Hero's M&D kids and even pick up some top Montgomery kids too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the best place to watch a girls lacrosse game, private or public?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems odd, it can be both. But specifically, what changed? Reduced $$ for lacrosse players? Pay coaches less? Locality wise, it is in a great spot to grab Hero's M&D kids and even pick up some top Montgomery kids too.

Know some 28s going through the HS process and Garrison was doing a ton of recruiting. There is definitely a push to build the lacrosse program and this supposedly includes money. Again, they can recruit from all over for girls who are willing to leave home (and parents willing to let them) to go to a great school where they can play in IIAM. But locally, girls have a lot of options for great schools with great lacrosse programs, and Garrison isn't currently top of mind for most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Know some 28s going through the HS process and Garrison was doing a ton of recruiting. There is definitely a push to build the lacrosse program and this supposedly includes money. Again, they can recruit from all over for girls who are willing to leave home (and parents willing to let them) to go to a great school where they can play in IIAM. But locally, girls have a lot of options for great schools with great lacrosse programs, and Garrison isn't currently top of mind for most.

Did they get any 28s from top programs in the mid Atlantic? I know they tried...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they get any 28s from top programs in the mid Atlantic? I know they tried...

Believe twin defenders from M&D. They already have one player from Coppermine. But that's all I've heard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stone Ridge 12 - SPSG 7

Gators definitely missing the big 3 from last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plus she's a 5 time National Champ....

Jesus- C2's been hanging her hat on this for 25 years. The reality is that she's been fired from (in no particular order) UMBC, SPSG and Arizona State (with a fun little lawsuit to boot.) She's never kept an assistant for more than a season (other than her husband) and ask anyone at her "club team" how organized or well run it is. But if you want to run into that burning building, by all means go ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They lost Brian Reese. GCS only had enough players for a JV team when he was on staff. Prior to him there was no JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s also a numbers game. GCS is a very small school with appx 750 students from preschool through 12th grade. I have to think a lot of their sports have this issue. When your school is so small, if everyone isn’t an athlete or it’s not mandatory to play a sport, fielding JV teams is nearly impossible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s also a numbers game. GCS is a very small school with appx 750 students from preschool through 12th grade. I have to think a lot of their sports have this issue. When your school is so small, if everyone isn’t an athlete or it’s not mandatory to play a sport, fielding JV teams is nearly impossible.
They'll be lucky to field a varsity team next year. Sad, but true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to say this area is fool when it comes to HS Lacrosse. Moving here later in life and not personally experiencing this except for with my children, people are fool. Seems that it means more to parents being able to brag about their kids to others than what is practical or even what the kids want. Schools should be about education first. I have heard of kids driving an hour each way to school just for lacrosse, parents spending thousands just so their kid can be on certain team, parents wanting their kid on the Varsity team over playing time, parents picking certain private schools that only have Varsity so they can say their kids is a 4 yr Varsity kid and so many other things I can’t understand. Can people from this area explain why this is so important and has it always been this way. Where I grew up hard work, dedication and talent is what parents taught us about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got to say this area is fool when it comes to HS Lacrosse. Moving here later in life and not personally experiencing this except for with my children, people are fool. Seems that it means more to parents being able to brag about their kids to others than what is practical or even what the kids want. Schools should be about education first. I have heard of kids driving an hour each way to school just for lacrosse, parents spending thousands just so their kid can be on certain team, parents wanting their kid on the Varsity team over playing time, parents picking certain private schools that only have Varsity so they can say their kids is a 4 yr Varsity kid and so many other things I can’t understand. Can people from this area explain why this is so important and has it always been this way. Where I grew up hard work, dedication and talent is what parents taught us about.

Just go away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People do this for lots of sports and activities. Find a group that shares your passion! Gymnastics , swimming , football. It’s not your problem if a family decides what’s best for their kid. Go back to wherever you came from if it was better being average ! Going to a top private prepares kids to play faster in college. Top competition every game in high school. Lots of positives for hard working , dedicated kids that want to play the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally speaking, hard work, dedication and talent is what got these kids to this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the run is officially over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally speaking, hard work, dedication and talent is what got these kids to this point.
Yes, but only after the politics have been negotiated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

During Covid, the school went ultra woke and turned off a lot of parents. The administration refused to listen to parents concerns or feedback. The girls lacrosse team wasn't the only program to suffer. The boys program lost about 10 kids mid-year to other schools heading into 2021. The boys barely fielded a team and went from B Conference runner-ups in '19 to a C conference team with about 15 total players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's today's definition of woke?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's today's definition of woke?

GCS fits the definition

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losers Lament ! Give it up dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax is life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, that is a true statement for some and too many are naive or chose to be naive about the politics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD can't lose this year...SP is done and everyone else can't come close. This will be over before it starts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh is overrated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh is overrated.

Na, this year’s seniors are it. Next year with only 2 starting juniors, it will be over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh is overrated.

So true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD can't lose this year...SP is done and everyone else can't come close. This will be over before it starts

Spalding will be champs this year. Book it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding will be champs this year. Book it.

This could be the year of Archbishop Spalding. McDonogh without TC running the offense looks shaky at best. SPSG just plain lost a lot of talent. GCS just plain lost alot of talent. Maryvale lost alot and relying on one player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon McD has the BEST senior class in the country let alone the area. The other teams are one trick ponies and McD has it locked on every level...with or without TC they can't lose. SP might be 4th best this year and MV looks like the second best team and a team on the rise for a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree this is a lock. Huge drop off next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cmon McD has the BEST senior class in the country let alone the area. The other teams are one trick ponies and McD has it locked on every level...with or without TC they can't lose. SP might be 4th best this year and MV looks like the second best team and a team on the rise for a long time.
LOL! Dude, you can have the best senior class and not have the best team. McD does not have the lock if they are only winning games by a goal or two. Be real. Good luck this season.

Like Reply Quote
Page 113 of 132 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 131 132
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard