BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,680
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 112 of 132 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 131 132
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
25 black defender not playing lacrosse from what I’m hearing

Random with no context. Their good ones are. Not sure anyone cares.

Pretty sure this is in reference to the Garrison conversation.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, so is it the player who should have moved to Defense but her parents cried to the press about discrimination when asked to do so? And they proved everyone else was right in the long run??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, so is it the player who should have moved to Defense but her parents cried to the press about discrimination when asked to do so? And they proved everyone else was right in the long run??

That is a 24 player.

The 2025 is committed to play field hockey in college. Still a very good lax player as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe she just didnt want to play lax anymore. There is life after lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe after seeing d1 schools didn’t recruit her for lax. Shame she didn’t want to help her teammates be good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe after seeing d1 schools didn’t recruit her for lax. Shame she didn’t want to help her teammates be good.
Or maybe she actually DIDNT want to play lax in college - she wanted to play FH. NOT everything is about lax after all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or maybe she actually DIDNT want to play lax in college - she wanted to play FH. NOT everything is about lax after all
Why are you on a lax board then dad ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure we're talking about two different players. Pretty sure the 25 had nothing to do with the media, etc. She's a very good FH player and still plays lax as well.

The 2024 who got the media attention is committed to Navy for lax so there's that...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did she quit mid season? If no, her commitment is really only for the year she tries out. No shame in it at all from my perspective. Almost all of these IAAM girls are ridiculous athletes and they all let a sport go at some point in their lives. That doesnt deserve the scrutiny of some stranger on the internet questioning their commitment to whatever pursuit they have.

Lets try to keep our focus off of individuals and back to some fun cheering and jeering of teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Al lot of scrimmages last weekend...How did the IAAM schools do? I heard McD lost to Stone Ridge, Any other updates?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Al lot of scrimmages last weekend...How did the IAAM schools do? I heard McD lost to Stone Ridge, Any other updates?

Do you really win or lose scrimmages? You're trying different players, combinations, etc. As long as it is competitive and you don't get blown off the field, I am not sure you can read much into the results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All that I know is that:
GCS beat Stone Ridge 11-9
SPSG beat Good Counsel 10-4

Dont know how closer either were or if the teams were using starters or trying out new players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scrimmages are practices. Playing everyone to see how the new additions do in game conditions. It’s like predicting the Super Bowl based on pre season NFL games. The Ravens would have 6 rings by now if they meant anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure we're talking about two different players. Pretty sure the 25 had nothing to do with the media, etc. She's a very good FH player and still plays lax as well.

The 2024 who got the media attention is committed to Navy for lax so there's that...

Left one school after she didn’t agree with a coach. Tried leaving last year. She won’t finish lax at Naval academy. Put money on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All that I know is that:
GCS beat Stone Ridge 11-9
SPSG beat Good Counsel 10-4

Dont know how closer either were or if the teams were using starters or trying out new players.

This info is for parents only so they can say how good Suzie is. Mcdonogh [Censored] if they lost to SR. They have no chance this season and GCS will dominate them !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD did not have all its top players in attendance…….GCS will not dominate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They kept older players again on the roster even though younger ones are better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD did not have all its top players in attendance…….GCS will not dominate
GCS has the better goalie, on and off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They kept older players again on the roster even though younger ones are better!

Which players shouldn’t be on the team? Which ones should be? Curious because they haven’t published a roster yet. The only people who know are part of the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At McD, once you make it, your on it for good. Took a few girls in the last year or two who they shouldn’t have but they get to remain on the team. They will be fine this year with top Seniors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should definitely change that since they have really struggled over the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which players shouldn’t be on the team? Which ones should be? Curious because they haven’t published a roster yet. The only people who know are part of the team.

Are you sure this was about McDonogh? From what I've heard, they kept a number of freshman players.

Was thinking it might be the random person who keeps posting about NDP because I know this was the drama there. Very good freshmen who are better than some older Varsity players were relegated to JV. There's something to be said for paying your dues, but ending up on JV roster based on grade and not ability with 30+ players is probably also a bitter pill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure this was about McDonogh? From what I've heard, they kept a number of freshman players.

Was thinking it might be the random person who keeps posting about NDP because I know this was the drama there. Very good freshmen who are better than some older Varsity players were relegated to JV. There's something to be said for paying your dues, but ending up on JV roster based on grade and not ability with 30+ players is probably also a bitter pill.

That makes sense. Daughter is a 2027 and the only additional girls who had a chance of making varsity at McD are hurt for the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes sense. Daughter is a 2027 and the only additional girls who had a chance of making varsity at McD are hurt for the year.

I believe she made the team without trying out. Roster is posted now so smoke will blow over about it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe she made the team without trying out. Roster is posted now so smoke will blow over about it

What does this even mean? Are you talking about McD or NDP?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agnes Irwin plays RPCS
Stone Ridge plays BMS
No idea who plays SPSG

There is no website or anything about it on the BMS website.

SPSG plays AI based on SPSP website

Looks like Agnes Irwin will have a long day because RPCS site still shows that is who they play also.

Agnes' second string could comfortably beat RPCS. not a long day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good coaches will keep freshman on JV if they dont anticipate them getting lots of game (or even practice) experience.

If you would make the top 15 of the rotation, then you should be on varsity, if not, no sense in being on varsity if you will just be standing around during games and practices. Effectively taking a season of lax off won't help going into club season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the coaches thought the freshmen were good enough to make a difference on V, they would have selected them. It's really that simple. [Censored] it up and let your kid enjoy JV and prep for next year, and stop worrying about what the coach does with the other players. Zero doubt you're sucking half the fun out of your kid's lacrosse experience and probably some of it for the other players too, because I'm sure the whining doesn't end with your post here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the coaches thought the freshmen were good enough to make a difference on V, they would have selected them. It's really that simple. [Censored] it up and let your kid enjoy JV and prep for next year, and stop worrying about what the coach does with the other players. Zero doubt you're sucking half the fun out of your kid's lacrosse experience and probably some of it for the other players too, because I'm sure the whining doesn't end with your post here.

Relax, it’s really not that serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents going fool over lax. Everyone need to chill out and let their kid have fun. HS lax isn't getting your kid recruited. Let your kid get playing time and get better for summer recruiting season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Roland Park really beat Garrison? How? I thought Garrison had a good team this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid got recruited while on JV! No thanks to the outgoing varsity coach though. She ruined us for a lot of schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Roland Park really beat Garrison? How? I thought Garrison had a good team this year?

Maybe RP just played well and Garrison didn't. It's really that simple

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both were 7-7 in IAAM last season, in fact they played to a one goal OT game where Roland Park again won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both were 7-7 in IAAM last season, in fact they played to a one goal OT game where Roland Park again won.

Or maybe RP is decent this year, too.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid got recruited while on JV! No thanks to the outgoing varsity coach though. She ruined us for a lot of schools.

Girls don’t get recruited through any high school teams. Just say she got recruited from a club even though the club didn’t help her be a varsity players. JV players usually end up low D1 at best because their skills and understanding of the game are behind others. Not because a coach kept her down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A varsity coach “ruined” your daughter for a lot of schools?

How does that even work?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RP is a well coached team. There is talk that this may be the last year Garrison has a team with more than half of the team graduating and nobody new coming in and no jv team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RP is a well coached team. There is talk that this may be the last year Garrison has a team with more than half of the team graduating and nobody new coming in and no jv team.

Who's talk? The new coach is doing a lot of recruiting locally and beyond to bring girls in. They have the ability to board, great facilities, and it's a good school. There's no reason why this would be the last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who's talk? The new coach is doing a lot of recruiting locally and beyond to bring girls in. They have the ability to board, great facilities, and it's a good school. There's no reason why this would be the last year.

Plus she's a 5 time National Champ....

Like Reply Quote
Page 112 of 132 1 2 110 111 112 113 114 131 132
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard