BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,724
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 110 of 132 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 131 132
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many new coaches are in IAAM “A” and how are they handling the out of season practice limitations?

any comments from the Royal Blue Club ?

RBC is broke spread to thin for multiple sports now at STM. New President just don’t get it’s a lacrosse school.

It's a *boys* lacrosse school - they only have 1 IAAM championship since 2000.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many new coaches are in IAAM “A” and how are they handling the out of season practice limitations?

any comments from the Royal Blue Club ?

RBC is broke spread to thin for multiple sports now at STM. New President just don’t get it’s a lacrosse school.

It's a *boys* lacrosse school - they only have 1 IAAM championship since 2000.

Is a Championship the only measurable? How many schools have won a championship since 2000? McDonogh and SPSG, St Mary’s, anyone else?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"A" Conference
2023 McDonogh
2022 St. Paul's
2021 St. Paul's
2019 McDonogh
2018 Notre Dame Prep
2017 McDonogh
2016 McDonogh
2015 McDonogh
2014 McDonogh
2013 McDonogh
2012 McDonogh
2011 McDonogh
2010 McDonogh
2009 McDonogh
2008 John Carroll
2007 John Carroll
2006 St. Paul's
2005 St. Mary's (A1)
McDonogh (A2)
2004 St. Paul's
2003 Notre Dame Prep
2002 Maryvale Prep
2001 Notre Dame Prep
2000 Bryn Mawr

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd argue all IAAM A conference schools are "lacrosse" schools.

Speaking of IAAM, what is the rule for coaches and offseason workouts? I've seen two documents from IAAM with a 2 hour rule and a 3 hour rule, which is correct?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking of IAAM, what is the rule for coaches and offseason workouts? I've seen two documents from IAAM with a 2 hour rule and a 3 hour rule, which is correct?

2 hours per week for the entire coaching staff combined. For spooky nook this weekend there shouldn’t be any IAAM coaches on the team sidelines, except for maybe one game, especially if any coaches were present at a practice this week. BMS is not even supposed to have their team name listed as “Green Machine (Bryn Mawr School)”

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 hours per week for the entire coaching staff combined. For spooky nook this weekend there shouldn’t be any IAAM coaches on the team sidelines, except for maybe one game, especially if any coaches were present at a practice this week. BMS is not even supposed to have their team name listed as “Green Machine (Bryn Mawr School)”

What exactly is the punishment if violated and how would that even be documented? I mean I get why its in place, just seems hard to enforce.

Also interesting, the HC, if they coach club, can't have more than 10 club players also on the HS team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares how much teams practice in the off season? seems like a way to make the lesser teams more even, at least at the beginning of the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares how much teams practice in the off season? seems like a way to make the lesser teams more even, at least at the beginning of the season.

I think its out of respect to the physically and mental health of the kids. Multi-sport players for example may feel like they are missing too many workouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What exactly is the punishment if violated and how would that even be documented? I mean I get why its in place, just seems hard to enforce.

Also interesting, the HC, if they coach club, can't have more than 10 club players also on the HS team.

Seems like you are collecting info to complain about someone. Your schools coach has all the info. Go have a talk with them.also
Conditioning does not count.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think its out of respect to the physically and mental health of the kids. Multi-sport players for example may feel like they are missing too many workouts.

FOMO.. If your daughter is playing a winter sport, let them enjoy it. If they are not practicing on their own during the off season (While playing a winter sport), then LAX is not their primary sport. Which is OK.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is actually not true. Its 3 hours a week and if the school didn't use the whole 3 hours then the coach can coach. Most don't because they want to save their hours of they've used them. Any coach that was coaching had it approved by their AD and the head of IAMM. Carry on and find something else to complain about.

Also, if its agains the rules, do you think a coach would be doing it openly in front of all their fellow coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious if any of the top public schools are playing any of the top privates this spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is actually not true. Its 3 hours a week and if the school didn't use the whole 3 hours then the coach can coach. Most don't because they want to save their hours of they've used them. Any coach that was coaching had it approved by their AD and the head of IAMM. Carry on and find something else to complain about.

Also, if its agains the rules, do you think a coach would be doing it openly in front of all their fellow coaches?

I'm surprised more coaches don't plan around if they know this tournament is going on so they can coach. Why not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm surprised more coaches don't plan around if they know this tournament is going on so they can coach. Why not?

I can only make a conjecture... if you have all returning seniors, who are possibly free lancing, maybe its more valuable to use those hours differently. Maybe it's more helpful to just observe if they have a trusted assistant. I would guess if the coach is opting to coach, maybe they have a younger team and want to be a bit more involved early on, or they have a large number of 2 or 3 sport athletes, they don't use all 3 hours because they're in season- and its one of their first times together. Probably different reasons for different programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it’s only two hours per week. PP is wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"A" Conference
2023 McDonogh
2022 St. Paul's
2021 St. Paul's
2019 McDonogh
2018 Notre Dame Prep
2017 McDonogh
2016 McDonogh
2015 McDonogh
2014 McDonogh
2013 McDonogh
2012 McDonogh
2011 McDonogh
2010 McDonogh
2009 McDonogh
2008 John Carroll
2007 John Carroll
2006 St. Paul's
2005 St. Mary's (A1)
McDonogh (A2)
2004 St. Paul's
2003 Notre Dame Prep
2002 Maryvale Prep
2001 Notre Dame Prep
2000 Bryn Mawr

What happed in 2005 with St. Mary's (A1) and McD (A2)? Were they co-champs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it’s only two hours per week. PP is wrong.

Ive actually seen two different IAAM documents for 2023-2024, one has 3 hours other has 2.

If you google "iaam 2023 handbook" theres a link. If you go to IAAM site, "About us" and go to handbook, different link.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which HS was impacted the most by last years graduating class and which will be the most impacted by rising Soph. & incoming Fr? I’m guessing Maryvale with incoming and rising will be positively impacted. Manchester Valley will also be positively impacted. Any thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which HS was impacted the most by last years graduating class and which will be the most impacted by rising Soph. & incoming Fr? I’m guessing Maryvale with incoming and rising will be positively impacted. Manchester Valley will also be positively impacted. Any thoughts?

Maryvale, SPSG and GCS are the top teams most impacted by graduation of top players.

McDonogh, Spalding, and GFS had only a couple of starters graduate.

I don’t think anyone can predict the impact of unproven sophomores nor freshman who haven’t played a minute in high school. Most of these girls have only played against girls the same age. Some girls will be able to adjust to the speed, size and skill that they will encounter against the top IAAM teams. For most, it take awhile before they adjust and are able to make an impact. CR at Maryvale and KL at McDonogh were really the only two who jumped right in and had a major impact.

All of the top teams have talented players ready to step in but it’s usually juniors and sophomores who have had a season or two practicing and playing varsity already.

I’m just excited to see some great games this year. And who the next big names emerge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then the 2 or 3 hour has been broken routinely the past few years. Doesn't the BM assistant coache run a clinic/league with many of the BM girls attending? Didnt the SPSG assistant run clinics/camps in the winter with many of the SPSG players attending? All of these were on social media posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then the 2 or 3 hour has been broken routinely the past few years. Doesn't the BM assistant coache run a clinic/league with many of the BM girls attending? Didnt the SPSG assistant run clinics/camps in the winter with many of the SPSG players attending? All of these were on social media posts.

Yep. that's how you do it in the IAAM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
completely different than an organized team practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think camps open to and do include girls from any school are considered coaching contact. The rule appears to focus on limiting out of season school team practices, skill sessions, and film sessions/meetings. The coach can be involved in 3 hours per week of team activities. Teams could have 3 one hour practices a week during the off season and not be in violation. There is no mention of players attending open camps run by a coach or where the coach is an instructor so I don’t think any camp counts as a “team” activity.

At the end of the day, who is going to take the time to document this and report it? Unless someone is making off season practices mandatory and they are having multiple practices every week run by the coach, who cares? I have never heard of any team doing anything close to this. I’m sure some girls feel like captain’s practices are mandatory because they want to make an impression.

I don’t know why this was ever brought up at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think camps open to and do include girls from any school are considered coaching contact. The rule appears to focus on limiting out of season school team practices, skill sessions, and film sessions/meetings. The coach can be involved in 3 hours per week of team activities. Teams could have 3 one hour practices a week during the off season and not be in violation. There is no mention of players attending open camps run by a coach or where the coach is an instructor so I don’t think any camp counts as a “team” activity.

At the end of the day, who is going to take the time to document this and report it? Unless someone is making off season practices mandatory and they are having multiple practices every week run by the coach, who cares? I have never heard of any team doing anything close to this. I’m sure some girls feel like captain’s practices are mandatory because they want to make an impression.

I don’t know why this was ever brought up at all.
Because there is always a Karen in the group looking to get someone in trouble just for the sheer pleasure it gives them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI this was the post mentioning off season practice limitations, I don't think it was intended to be a Karen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI this was the post mentioning off season practice limitations, I don't think it was intended to be a Karen.

I took it as a hint that a new coach was breaking the rules, but people like to overuse the term Karen. Must be miserable to actually be named Karen these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I took it as a hint that a new coach was breaking the rules, but people like to overuse the term Karen. Must be miserable to actually be named Karen these days.

Ha, fair point. I mean if you thought one coach was abusing the rules, either because your kid is on that team or because you play them, and you "don't care", I mean thats commendable but caring that maybe your team might get hand slapped for breaking them or rival getting leg up, and caring, don't think it makes you a "Karen" in the sense that Karens don't mind their own business and accuse without basis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manchester Valley lost a large group of seniors last year and they only have a few this year so it will definitely be a young team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manchester Valley lost a large group of seniors last year and they only have a few this year so it will definitely be a young team

A bit random but it changes the subject.

MV still has EP. I’m sure she will be able to carry the younger players on her back.

The “lost seniors” excuse comes up so often. Every team loses seniors. Some lose more than others. That’s why you develop younger players on varsity and JV, so they can step up into those roles the next year.

Maryvale and Glenelg Country had a lot of girls graduate. It’s part of high school and college athletics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A bit random but it changes the subject.

MV still has EP. I’m sure she will be able to carry the younger players on her back.

The “lost seniors” excuse comes up so often. Every team loses seniors. Some lose more than others. That’s why you develop younger players on varsity and JV, so they can step up into those roles the next year.

Maryvale and Glenelg Country had a lot of girls graduate. It’s part of high school and college athletics.

MV also has a large and very talented freshman class coming in. They may be on the younger side but they will still be really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL pre-season rankings are now out. Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryvale is so overrated it is not even funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding is underrated because they didn’t lose any difference makers and wore really good last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS being ranked #8 with all they lost to graduation, and didn't replace, is laughable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It appears they just took last year's standings and duplicated it, or are the any significant changes?

Any darkhorse IAAM teams? John Carroll certainly rebounded from a down 2022 season. Seems 2024 was strong class but 2025 are pretty loaded too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about Glenelg Country? that high seems like a big reach too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryvale has absolutely seen a surge in enrollment with Reese at the helm. But, few, if any, difference makers. Talent still sits with their sophomores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding is underrated because they didn’t lose any difference makers and wore really good last year.

I think the opposite - Spalding is over ranked this year. HC has promoted this senior class for years because most girls play for her club. Will be interesting to see how this year ends up under their leadership.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many panties in a bunch..sounds just like IAAM parents. You are more laughable than the ratings you think are laughable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many panties in a bunch..sounds just like IAAM parents. You are more laughable than the ratings you think are laughable!
We all know that rankings are arbitrary and clearly they just used the standings from last year's season, but as the season didn't start yet and there is nothing measurable, it's fun to discuss. My thoughts below
#2 Mcdonogh (strong team again this year, very deep bench, but new coach)
#3 St Pauls (strong team again this year, very thin bench, strong coach)
#6 Maryvale (good team this year, young bench, great recruiting coach but no hardware yet)
#7 GCS (below average team this year, no bench- not even sure they can field a team, new coach)
#9 Spalding(good team this year, huge bench-not sure about talent,. good coach)

Biggest drop from top half of 2023- GCS will go from 11-3 to below .500
Biggest gain from bottom half of 2023- Bryn Mawr should finish above .500

Like Reply Quote
Page 110 of 132 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 131 132
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard