BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by baldbear -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,959
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t Rebels play a tourney in NJ this winter ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, read any age group thread, same story year after year. 3rd - 5th some team think they have the next great team, then 91/Express take interest in 5th/6th grade then those teams get dismantled. There will be another team or two that keeps a core together and competes, remains to be seen who.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels have strongest ‘32 team. Why would they dismantle to weaker teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels parents are so thick and inexperienced at the game. Rebels will disband by 6th grade as players will leave for better teams and coaching. As you get older visibility becomes important and the Rebels have none. All roads lead to 91 and Express. Reality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express+91=Dinosaurs. It’s a new generation, and Rebels are the go too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be new to LI lax, lol.
Nothing to concern yourself with, really.
Rebels ‘32 have nothing to worry about; they’ll stay together and succeed year after year, as history has shown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91, express, Shore to Shore, Igloo, Rebels, Legacy, doesn’t matter, every kids situation different, if you consider your kid a serious lacrosse player and he loves to play at the highest level, if your not on one of those LI teams your wasting time. Other programs simply won’t provide high level playing opportunities in top tourneys. This will become more important going into 6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go through any ranked year of lacrosse and tell me where the Rebels are. Then go look and see where 91 and Express are. Thats why these players will move to 91 & Express. You don't have to believe it now but come back and look at this post in a year or 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels parents can’t see the big pic. They’ll be standing on the sideline in 2 years wondering they are losing by 9 at half. Only to see their 3 student players wearing 91 gear across the way. Check back in 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 that’s funny, how many Varsity coaches do they have. I know Rebels have over 20. No one, I say no one is running to 91. Parent coach head quarters. They are actually becoming a joke.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Go through any ranked year of lacrosse and tell me where the Rebels are. Then go look and see where 91 and Express are. Thats why these players will move to 91 & Express. You don't have to believe it now but come back and look at this post in a year or 2.

This is true. But what your leaving out is that almost 70 percent of the rosters (when they get older) of 91s teams are from out of state. Look at their 25 and 26 teams. Most of the roster is made up of kids who fly in for tournaments and then go home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goodbye 91 enjoy the fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true. But what your leaving out is that almost 70 percent of the rosters (when they get older) of 91s teams are from out of state. Look at their 25 and 26 teams. Most of the roster is made up of kids who fly in for tournaments and then go home.

Now go look at where the Rebels are in those same years. It's pathetic.

Rebels #76
LI Express #21
91 #3

Rebels #136
LI Express #1
91 #6

Rebels #152
LI Express # 13
91 # 6

Rebels #74
LI Express #22
91 #11

Rebels #105
LI Express #17
91 #5

Do you see a pattern here?? And you think that the 2032 teams will be any different? Keep your head in the sand...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels #76
LI Express #21
91 #3

Rebels #136
LI Express #1
91 #6

Rebels #152
LI Express # 13
91 # 6

Rebels #74
LI Express #22
91 #11

Rebels #105
LI Express #17
91 #5

Do you see a pattern here?? And you think that the 2032 teams will be any different? Keep your head in the sand...

I believe the club started in 2018 from what I gather so it would only make sense that the younger years would be better and older have a rough start to gather talent.

You are incorrect about the USCL "Rankins"

Rebels Black #21
LI Express Moran #27
91 Chaos #7

The Rebels 2030 is atrocious but their 31 is solid solid just not getting "rankins" yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is [Censored] like their parents on the sidelines
- Signed Rebels Mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels #76
LI Express #21
91 #3

Rebels #136
LI Express #1
91 #6

Rebels #152
LI Express # 13
91 # 6

Rebels #74
LI Express #22
91 #11

Rebels #105
LI Express #17
91 #5

I believe the club started in 2018 from what I gather so it would only make sense that the younger years would be better and older have a rough start to gather talent.

You are incorrect about the USCL "Rankins"

Rebels Black #21
LI Express Moran #27
91 Chaos #7

The Rebels 2030 is atrocious but their 31 is solid solid just not getting "rankins" yet.

Not sure why you're putting quotes like you're quoting a word but these are all end of a full season rankings (2023). Not just the partial fall rankings. Keep watching the rankings as the season moves along. You will be educated. Don't just take my work for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"91 is [Censored] like their parents on the sidelines"
- Signed Rebels Mom

Is this really something you think is OK to write on a 4th grade lacrosse forum? People new to the sport come here for advice.

You're doing a great job turning any sane parents away from joining your club though!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax Upstate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax Upstate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just stepping here here to say that it's SO obvious where the director/owner of Rebels lacrosse comes here to comment & try to defend his product.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI Rebels owner has a history of commenting on this website. It is very well known through the past 6 or 7 years that they've been around. He's trying to defend his product.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels #76
LI Express #21
91 #3

Rebels #136
LI Express #1
91 #6

Rebels #152
LI Express # 13
91 # 6

Rebels #74
LI Express #22
91 #11

Rebels #105
LI Express #17
91 #5

First, Rebels 2029 is #20, better than Express.

Second, Rebels started in 2018, so all those teams were built from scraps of others, pretty impressive. Even more impressive when you look at the number of D1 commits from kids from Long Island, compared to other clubs. Most other teams have multiple out-of-state kids and don't develop.

Third, all Rebels teams that they have built from scratch (2029 and down) are all top 10-20 teams in the country, with the exception of 2030 which I am sure they will fix.

You can detest all you want, but the club has been around for 5 years and is in conversations with top dogs around for 15+. Things change over time, will see where it goes. But they have great coaches and great people involved.

(And no this is not the owner lol)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These poor Rebel parents, they just dont get it. One would write another long winded note about the future of their child, but it’s just not worth it. Rebels are an inferior program in relation to Express and 91. Things aren’t changing, the Rebels will never be part of the NLF and therefore never be able to keep talent. Come back in 2-3 years and tell us we were right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have to be in the NLF to be a high recruit? If you’re talented, they will find you.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There are clubs for all who want to play more. At this age, it is the parents who have to find the right fit. Before choosing a "top" club, they should first begin by having their child dominate their position on whatever team, including rec. Then they can move up if they desire, but always fitting in at that level. Starting or pushing a kid that is not ready yet to a "top" club hurts playing time and all child lax development. Don't do it parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These poor Rebel parents, they just dont get it. One would write another long winded note about the future of their child, but it’s just not worth it. Rebels are an inferior program in relation to Express and 91. Things aren’t changing, the Rebels will never be part of the NLF and therefore never be able to keep talent. Come back in 2-3 years and tell us we were right.

Fast forward 3 years.. 2029... how are rebels ranked ahead of Express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Rebels qualify for the WS this year then all the haters can shut it. If not, then Rebel parents will just keep on hitting the annoying button.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels want nothing to do with NLF

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo starting to fall apart
lots of kid leaving , big separation between the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally don't care about the NLF, it's not a factor for me, especially at this age.

I like my son's coaches, teammates, other parents, and his overall experience with his club, I want him to enjoy the sport and have fun. If he ever wanted to join another team (don't think he would), I would respect his decision because it's his journey, not mine.

I would however throw up in my mouth if he said he wanted to join the Rebels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. Who would ever want to play against the top teams in the country...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nowadays there are plenty of tournaments with the same or even better competition. I actually think the NAL is better tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nowadays there are plenty of tournaments with the same or even better competition. I actually think the NAL is better tournament

Name a few of these tournaments that has better competition than the ones that THE TOP TEAMS are playing in. NAL is great also, you're right with that one. After NAL you would be hard pressed to find better tournaments than NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NFL should want Rebels more than they do. 91 and express, would lose players as Rebels are much better at younger ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did they leave too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Name a few of these tournaments that has better competition than the ones that THE TOP TEAMS are playing in. NAL is great also, you're right with that one. After NAL you would be hard pressed to find better tournaments than NLF.

Naptown also is better. I can keep going you want. NLF basically throws one good event. The championship in July. The fall event and the kickoff event are both poorly attended with some questionable teams. If you want to find and play some of the best teams there are plenty of events to choose from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Naptown also is better. I can keep going you want. NLF basically throws one good event. The championship in July. The fall event and the kickoff event are both poorly attended with some questionable teams. If you want to find and play some of the best teams there are plenty of events to choose from.

Yes, keep going. 91 & Express both attend Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just came across a telling statistic in USA Lacrosse Magazine.

70%
Percentage of class of 2025 commitments in September that came from NLF clubs and affiliated.

Haters gonna detest, but the numbers don’t lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

70%
Percentage of class of 2025 commitments in September that came from NLF clubs and affiliated.

Exactly. The owner of the Rebels will be on here shortly to dispute this information though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

70%

Go to the nlf rankings thread. It’s all broken down. That statistic might have been true in first 30 days but by the time all the rest of the schools (not the top tier) started getting commits it is not true. After 500+ commits, it’s not 70% from any one group.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard