BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,634
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]1. YJ LI
2. MD
3. Heroes
4. Jesters
5. Top gun

I'd switch M&D and YJ
#3 is MD United

Agree w MD United.

The only way MD United beats M&D is in short games by scoring early and then stalling - which is totally the fault of the M&D coaches. They beat M&D at Lax Cure that way. But the five games previous to that M&D beat them including trouncing them 15-3 in their local spring league championship. Someone needs to teach M&D how to play shortened playoff games

Isn’t that how you win any playoff game with 4-5 games in the same day? Score early and stall?

Perhaps, but it's also how you destroy your ranking. Shortened playoff games have the same expected goal differential. In a typical playoff structure, the A bracket plays the B bracket (75% of the time). This typically puts the expected goal differential at about ten goals. That differential does not change just because it's a 20 minute game. Win by four goals, stall, celebrate on the GW Bridge. Get home and watch how your ranking/rating dropped.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hope igloo is at least somewhat successful. With Liberty being acquired by Jesters and Elevate went away, Nassau could definitely use another club team. The problem is that Liberty and Elevate had great track records of producing solid college commits, which I don't see how it will work with Igloo yet. I don't even see the same depth of commits from Jesters other than a few 2023 HS grads. Having YJ as almost the monopoly is not a great thing for girls.

Think the depth of Jesters recruits will come as last years ranking for the

2026 black team #5
2027 black team #8
2028 black team #11
2029 black team #36
2030s will have high ranking as well

Think the 2026/2027 class will solidly it and therefore attract more talent from the Nassau lax towns in the younger years.

That's very helpful! And you are right (I just double checked) - the 2024 (#70) and 2025 (#23) were not the highest ranked although I would say #23 is still very solid. I hope Jesters can produce strong commits in 2026, including strong lax and strong academic schools to fill the void of Liberty and Elevate. Those two clubs used to produce many Ivies and Ivies-like commits. Otherwise, I wonder where all the Manhasset and GC kids would go.

Well Jesters is the closest to GC/ Manhasset, play in a lot of the big recruiting tournaments, and have a dedicated indoor complex. You’re starting to see some movement in the 5th- 9th grade years from these towns. Think these next few recruiting years will determine how it goes.

I don't necessarily agree with this. I think you will see an influx of kids to Tradition and Igloo. My opioion is that both put the extra effort into their teams and offer more attention to player growth. They will attract the kids who are tired of being in a small fish in giant pond.

In terms of recruiting, the strongest kids will get recruited regardless of who they play for. A lot of recruiting is also done at college showcases. If you go to a prospect day and play well, they will come see you live. Fact. You just need to have coaches and directors who are paying attention to all kids, not just their top 5 that will make the best social media post.[/

Igloo basically a year old with no recruiting results.Tradition a lot of outflow from the program to Top Guns, Jesters and YJ, not fielding at least one older team and also no recruiting results. Also both programs don’t attend most of the big recruiting tournaments. What’s the upside? parent coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"the strongest kids will get recruited regardless of who they play for"

I just went through this with my 2025 and this is 100% true and something brand-chasing parents don't understand. You want your girl on the field as much as possible so she can get better and eventually be seen.

Being on "Great Team A" doesn't matter if you're on the bench. The 25 D1 commits for the 2025 YJ team is exceedingly rare and probably unique to that group of girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just went through this with my 2025 and this is 100% true and something brand-chasing parents don't understand. You want your girl on the field as much as possible so she can get better and eventually be seen.

Being on "Great Team A" doesn't matter if you're on the bench. The 25 D1 commits for the 2025 YJ team is exceedingly rare and probably unique to that group of girls.

Agreed that the strongest kids will always get recruited but that's a very small number of kids and unfortunately most kids don't fall into this category. I think as in most things in life, it's not always so black and white. While being on a team of smaller roster size and playing most of every game is great, it doesn't not automatically translate to getting better if your team is weak and you play weak competition. Ideally you want great training, a small roster size, great team mates that are similar to your level and even preferably at top 1/2 of the team so you can continue to grow, clubs with decent track records, etc. but in reality when you look at the all club options and consider the proximity and any given year and team have different dynamics, you have very limited options and you may only hit a couple of the "ideals". Both my girls have switched teams more than once, we honestly are not "grass is always greener" and we have come to the conclusion, it's just about what you can tolerate and make it work...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happens every year at YJ so they may be the exception

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the projected rankings for LI teams when they come out for 2030? YJ number 1 or 2? Where will jesters and Igloo be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the projected rankings for LI teams when they come out for 2030? YJ number 1 or 2? Where will jesters and Igloo be?

Why do people keep acting like Igloo is even in the running for the top one or two? Must be a lot of Igloo 2030 parents on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters Igloo and Legacy have all gone back and forth all fall: Igloo beating legacy twice, losing to legacy once. Jesters beating Igloo once, Igloo beating Jesters once. Jesters beating legacy once, legacy beating Jesters once. They are all still pretty equal at this age with the exception of Babst.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it's not tryout season but are there any decent teams in central or eastern suffolk? Driving so far west multiple times a week is killing us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it's not tryout season but are there any decent teams in central or eastern suffolk? Driving so far west multiple times a week is killing us.

YJ has 2 teams in Suffolk, 91 is in western Suffolk

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ has 2 teams in Suffolk, 91 is in western Suffolk

91 is about 45-60 minutes each way for us.

What about the Rebels teams out here? LaxOn,theclubranbyascamarist,theclubranbyascamarist? Does anyone know anything about them? Wasn't there a team called Team 22?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is a moderator saying that LaxOn,theclubranbyascamarist,theclubranbyascamarist is run by a scam artist? That’s a pretty bad allegation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What are the projected rankings for LI teams when they come out for 2030? YJ number 1 or 2? Where will jesters and Igloo be?

do they actually publish 6th grade rankings 🤪🤪??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is a moderator saying that LaxOn,theclubranbyascamarist,theclubranbyascamarist is run by a scam artist? That’s a pretty bad allegation.

Also horrible grammar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ will always take someone’s money and will also be ready to discard your kid when the next political deal needs to be made. 2025 and even 2026 are going to be all top recruits. We are talking Spallina and Manning who both have maintain number 1 rankings, play kids equally and are invested much more then many other teams. Though YJ 2030 seems to seeded to be top 3 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the Rebels teams out here? LaxOn,theclubranbyascamarist,theclubranbyascamarist? Does anyone know anything about them? Wasn't there a team called Team 22?

Rebels is a low B, C level team. LaxOn,theclubranbyascamarist,theclubranbyascamarist is a B level team but is competitive. Team 22 folded/merged with Elevate and then folded. Not too many options if you are looking for eastern Suffolk. Surge is a new club starting but will have probably be on par with rebels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels is a low B, C level team. LaxOn,theclubranbyascamarist,theclubranbyascamarist is a B level team but is competitive. Team 22 folded/merged with Elevate and then folded. Not too many options if you are looking for eastern Suffolk. Surge is a new club starting but will have probably be on par with rebels.

Thank you for the feedback. There really isn't anything going on out here but it sounds like Lax On might be worth looking at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the feedback. There really isn't anything going on out here but it sounds like Lax On might be worth looking at.

There are girls on my daughters PAL team that are part of that program and are doing well. My older daughter who plays for another club has done training with them, since it is open to all, and got good reps in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are girls on my daughters PAL team that are part of that program and are doing well. My older daughter who plays for another club has done training with them, since it is open to all, and got good reps in.

Thank you. I like that it's all women coaches too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters beat Aces and Heros. Lost to M&D by a goal. Looks like Primetime Navy should be considered top 5 from their showing in the fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched primetime this past weekend. I'm not from LI and didn't know about them. They are def top 5. They are the real deal.

Jesters looks like a 5-10 ranked team

A few teams outside of the LI area that are better than I realized. Eaglestix looks like a top 5-10 team this year.

Trying to sort out where NXT Black, Ultimate LV, Aces Elite belong. Not clear how good the Mass and Conn teams are this year. NJ does not appear to have any elite teams.

Watched igloo a couple weeks ago. They may be a 10-15 team. PP are correct, they have a couple really good players but they are not a complete team yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2025 in addition to my 2030. Remember not to get caught up in rankings.

Rankings and tournaments are really only for the parents. Focus on development and fun for your girls. That’s what will be important as they get older if they decide they want to play after high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched primetime this past weekend. I'm not from LI and didn't know about them. They are def top 5. They are the real deal.

A few teams outside of the LI area that are better than I realized. Eaglestix looks like a top 5-10 team this year.

Trying to sort out where NXT Black, Ultimate LV, Aces Elite belong. Not clear how good the Mass and Conn teams are this year. NJ does not appear to have any elite teams.

Watched igloo a couple weeks ago. They may be a 10-15 team. PP are correct, they have a couple really good players but they are not a complete team yet.

Maryland teams have a massive advantage in strength of schedule over pretty much everyone else (with exception to a few big name programs - ES, Nxt, Aces etc). They play top teams just about every game. Its major component to rankings (NOT wins & loses) This can only be overcome by a high + Average Goal Differential. The good teams out there with weaker schedules will fall lower than expected/hoped for. This is why top 10 is composed of many Maryland teams in the early years & is hard to overcome without having a strong schedule. Also cause they are older & very good lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone said NXT has a bunch of new girls and several are holdbacks. Is this true or just the sour grapes rumor mill ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone said NXT has a bunch of new girls and several are holdbacks. Is this true or just the sour grapes rumor mill ????

Most likely. They have other age groups with hold backs as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty spot on for LI in your ranking predictions on top 20 2030 teams

Babst #3
Jesters Black #5
Top guns black #7
Igloo arctic blast #10
Legacy blue #11
YJ O Sullivan #18

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty spot on for LI in your ranking predictions on top 20 2030 teams

Babst #3
Jesters Black #5
Top guns black #7
Igloo arctic blast #10
Legacy blue #11
YJ O Sullivan #18

pretty strong representation at this age across all the LI teams - hopefully stays this way for years to come

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 91 was #21

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 91 was #21

We’re talking top 20- us club lax more specifically naming top 16 the powerhouses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I seriously doubt there is a huge difference between the #15 team and the #20 team. But okay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 91 was #21

We’re talking top 20- us club lax more specifically naming top 16 the powerhouses

This is a joke right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can tell you from experience, going to be lots of shakeups once these teams finish summer. Just not enough games played to really seperate these teams.

Example, #8 Team One got 100 pts for beating some random Ohio team by 10. That Ohio team hasn't dropped down far enough, but once they do that 100 pt score will also drop them.

Igloo, #10, best win (mathematically) was against YJ Mid Atlantic, who hasn't played anyone but got blowout wins against subpar teams. Once those subpar teams fall off, those wins become worth less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 91 was #21

This is a joke right?

91 is about to get better…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Genuine question: Are monster, snipers/compass and team 91 LI good teams? Can’t really tell from their records.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noticeably better than 21st?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Noticeably better than 21st?

Adding players. Prob keep them around there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New rankings out. Some movement between teams in top 25.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 91 was #21

This is a joke right?

How so?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 91 was #21

This is a joke right?

How so?
Genuine question: Are monster, snipers/compass and team 91 LI good teams? Can’t really tell from their records.

91 team has lost to some teams not even being mentioned in this thread. Hard to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And 91 was #21

This is a joke right?

How so?

91 team has lost to some teams not even being mentioned in this thread. Hard to say.

They lost their best players last summer and didn't add any of the same caliber

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard