BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,754
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 81 of 220 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids who never got in the game care

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The kids who never got in the game care

They are not reading this thread. Simple solution. When they ask your daughter if she wants to play in the next tournament just say no and spend the $75 on some personal training or put it in her college fund!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as 2020 goes, everyone stop embarrassing yourselves, both clubs. These are not the real teams playing each other, this is some crappy fall ball tourny. The two teams did play one legit game over the summer and TG won that one, big deal. Next year the teams will look different and in three or four years, you likely won't recognize either team as they were last summer. I will tell you this, YJ has the talent split with lots of talent on the second team, if they would put the politics aside and sift out the talent for the A team, they would likely beat TGs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As far as 2020 goes, everyone stop embarrassing yourselves, both clubs. These are not the real teams playing each other, this is some crappy fall ball tourny. The two teams did play one legit game over the summer and TG won that one, big deal. Next year the teams will look different and in three or four years, you likely won't recognize either team as they were last summer. I will tell you this, YJ has the talent split with lots of talent on the second team, if they would put the politics aside and sift out the talent for the A team, they would likely beat TGs.

Nobody cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you think TG does not have politics? Once Obamas term ends or gets impeached, he will ask SS to step aside and let someone with real credentials run that circus.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honey badgers are a TG daddy team and I hope the coach is proud of his actions. To those of you whose child barely played or did not play at all at a charity event so we could claim a victory over a mixed level YJ team I am sorry.Believe me it was not much better watching my kid stand around while they run isolation plays for the three superstars the whole game, great team game we are playing.Before you come on here with the anonymous call at least tell us you are proud of the coaching job you did.

YJ was not a mixed level team.

YJ team was not a mixed level team.

This is what I think is so funny , you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, the team that played in the finals had kids playing together that were not on the same teams over the summer and as they have not had a tryout yet it is a mixed level team. It is possible every kid on that team will be on YJ top team next year, but more than likely no. Even sadder is this is what you come on here to contradict not the fact that your TG team seemed so desperate to win that you had kids not even get into the game..I get this was not a TG team event and the TG daddy running it can do what ever he wants and if you don't like it go play for someone else but these are 11 year old kids playing at a charity event for eating disorders.Who cares who wins ,if you are okay with winning even at the price of your kids or your kids teamates confidence then that's a shame, remember these kids self images can impact them in ways we just don't understand.

YJ is just as guilty of coming to a charity event with a win at all cost attitude too. Nevermind the mindgames on 11 year old girls, gotta get the W. Guess that backfired. Way to take the good out of a good cause.

How could you even try to justify this comment. Your TG team had kids not even get in the game and had some kids not even come out of the game.Your TG team won ,maybe YJ got out coached, maybe TG more talented, maybe TG wanted it more after losing to them earlier in the day, but to say YJ went into either game with a win at all cost mentality is either just ignorant or you are just fooloing yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"As for the TG Daddy remarks. This gentleman is a good guy who runs these teams with the blessing of SS and BS. He knows the game and does a good job. It's just unfortunate that everyone can't be involved because it does promote some separation amongst the team. But I'd rather has this team together getting trained than not, just because of some parents that were not included"

Awesome attitude you must be a pleasure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of girls play side tournaments outside of their main organizations. My daughter plays for YJ and not only plays some extra tournaments with them, but also with friends who play for TG. Its nice they ask even though she's not part of the same organization.

No travel situation is going to be perfect. I find they've been great to meet a lot of people who love the sport that become part of your network. Ignore the BS and take advantage of opportunities in YJ or TG - and outside of them - to play the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of girls play side tournaments outside of their main organizations. My daughter plays for YJ and not only plays some extra tournaments with them, but also with friends who play for TG. Its nice they ask even though she's not part of the same organization.

No travel situation is going to be perfect. I find they've been great to meet a lot of people who love the sport that become part of your network. Ignore the BS and take advantage of opportunities in YJ or TG - and outside of them - to play the game.

You are exactly right. I make sure my daughter is involved in training, tournaments, camps etc outside the club. We will do some extra stuff with the club team, but certainly not part of the club cult, living , breathing all things club. They benefit playing with kids from other teams/clubs and learning from many coaches/trainers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attention all TG players that play on a fall lax team (doesn't matter which one) please play to lose as to not upset the YJ parents any further.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attention all TG players that play on a fall lax team (doesn't matter which one) please play to lose as to not upset the YJ parents any further.

How can they paly to lose if they are sitting on the bench. Gotta get in the game first!!! Oh wait, TG girls dont care if they play cause they want to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can they paly to lose if they are sitting on the bench. Gotta get in the game first!!! Oh wait, TG girls dont care if they play cause they want to win.

Please remember you were not playing a TG team. You were playing a team put together for a crappy fall ball deal that was not even coachedy by club coaches. I have seen the real YJ teams not sub a single player in a real summer tournament coached by CR herself. Your queen bee is more win at all costs than anyone. So point all the fingers you want but don't fool yourselves, the win at all cost is merely TG following what CR has laid down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, you people make the boys discussions look tame.
You should look into the amount of very good players that completely stop playing women's lacrosse after they get to college. Crazy parents and burn out are certainly a big part of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please remember you were not playing a TG team. You were playing a team put together for a crappy fall ball deal that was not even coachedy by club coaches. I have seen the real YJ teams not sub a single player in a real summer tournament coached by CR herself. Your queen bee is more win at all costs than anyone. So point all the fingers you want but don't fool yourselves, the win at all cost is merely TG following what CR has laid down.

That's what makes it even worse this was a fall tournament with teams pieced together and he treated as a NCAA championship , that's just sad and seems desperate.These tournaments are about getting better not winning. To watch a coach call isolation plays for his daughter over and over again is pathetic and anyone who had a kid on that team knows it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grandma always told me....when you point your finger at someone, there are 3 of your fingers pointing back at you.

Worry about your own team !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Attention all TG players that play on a fall lax team (doesn't matter which one) please play to lose as to not upset the YJ parents any further.

That's what makes it even worse this was a fall tournament with teams pieced together and he treated as a NCAA championship , that's just sad and seems desperate.These tournaments are about getting better not winning. To watch a coach call isolation plays for his daughter over and over again is pathetic and anyone who had a kid on that team knows it.

If you know an isolation play is coming over and over again why can't your coach figure out a way to stop it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If you know an isolation play is coming over and over again why can't your coach figure out a way to stop it?"

Several things , first it was stopped several times and would say more goals were scored off of rebounds which is a separate issue. At the 6 th grade age isolation plays are effective in that slides are not as good, 1 on 1 defense usually not that good as when they get older along with goalie play.I prefer especially at the younger age more of a team concept and would rather see cut ,catch ,shot than clear thru and let my two superstars go to goal over and over again.Remember this was a 7 on 7 fall tournament not an NCAA championship.If my kid were one of the kids who just got to sit there and watch isolation plays called for the same couple kids over and over or one of the ones who did not get in the game I would not be happy.I can honestly say I could care less about the score of these things and really just hope my kid and her team get better each time they play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"If you know an isolation play is coming over and over again why can't your coach figure out a way to stop it?"

Several things , first it was stopped several times and would say more goals were scored off of rebounds which is a separate issue. At the 6 th grade age isolation plays are effective in that slides are not as good, 1 on 1 defense usually not that good as when they get older along with goalie play.I prefer especially at the younger age more of a team concept and would rather see cut ,catch ,shot than clear thru and let my two superstars go to goal over and over again.Remember this was a 7 on 7 fall tournament not an NCAA championship.If my kid were one of the kids who just got to sit there and watch isolation plays called for the same couple kids over and over or one of the ones who did not get in the game I would not be happy.I can honestly say I could care less about the score of these things and really just hope my kid and her team get better each time they play.

I have an idea....Since you stated that your kid was not involved how about you critique your own team and not worry about another team...Seems you are the only person who keeps answering yourself!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when rosters will be out? New to the program, excited to begin!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told an email should be coming out this week with rosters, winter schedule and coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A YJ parent complaining about a "you play to win the game" philosophy. I find this completely hypocritical, because the lacrosse landscape is littered with YJ teams playing with the "win at all costs" attitude. The only difference here is that TGs won and YJs lost. That medicine the YJs so arrogantly dispensed over the years tastes pretty awful, doesn't it?

I agree, it's not the way these games should be played, by the YJs have a lot of chutzpah to be leading the charge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A YJ parent complaining about a "you play to win the game" philosophy. I find this completely hypocritical, because the lacrosse landscape is littered with YJ teams playing with the "win at all costs" attitude. The only difference here is that TGs won and YJs lost. That medicine the YJs so arrogantly dispensed over the years tastes pretty awful, doesn't it?

I agree, it's not the way these games should be played, by the YJs have a lot of chutzpah to be leading the charge.

Watched a YJ coach do the same thing at the Farmingdale tournament this weekend (which was supposed to be town teams only). Get the ball to "Susie" and go to goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again you guys are really missing the point.If a YJ team or a TG team is playing this way especially at the younger age its ridiculous and the coaches that play it that way should be embarrassed of themselves.I get playing time does not have to be equal and have no idea what YJ team and age you are talking about at the Farmingdale tournament, but would bet every kid got into each game at some point.If the YJ coach was calling out plays specifically for one or two kids the whole game then shame on them. Again cannot really comment on a game I did not see but the games I did see your TG coach at the 2020 age was ridiculous and if my child was a part of that I would certainly let the coach know my opinion.It really is not about YJ vs TG its more about some of the crazy coaches in this age group who can destroy a kids confidence and ruin a kids lacrosse experience. Even the name of the team shows how obsessive that coach is about YJ and how he places way to much importance on the outcome when they play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told an email should be coming out this week with rosters, winter schedule and coaches.

Thanks, hope you're right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you know your daughter's on the team, what's the rush to see the roster? Once the team starts playing together, you'll know who's on it. Yes, it's nice to know ahead of time, but people get so anxious...They're probably still finalizing the rosters...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that they were not going to do the Mt. Sinai leage this year. Anyone else hear this? Where else would the younger teams go? I hope not Syosset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I was told an email should be coming out this week with rosters, winter schedule and coaches.

If you know your daughter's on the team, what's the rush to see the roster? Once the team starts playing together, you'll know who's on it. Yes, it's nice to know ahead of time, but people get so anxious...They're probably still finalizing the rosters... [/qu
You answered your own comment-its nice to know ahead of time. I doubt they have been finalizing the rosters since August. Maybe finalizing the coaches? This is a great organization, dont put nasty responss to an innocent question from a child. Maybe the girls moved from black to purple andpurple to black want to know who they are playing with?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you know your daughter's on the team, what's the rush to see the roster? Once the team starts playing together, you'll know who's on it. Yes, it's nice to know ahead of time, but people get so anxious...They're probably still finalizing the rosters...

Actually I am the daughter! And I'm "anxious" to see the roster because I made friends with alot of different girls at the camps so I wanted to see who is on my team. Obviously the rosters are not ready but I was just asking a question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I am the daughter! And I'm "anxious" to see the roster because I made friends with alot of different girls at the camps so I wanted to see who is on my team. Obviously the rosters are not ready but I was just asking a question.

Great post. Show those dumb parents what it should be about. Playing Lacrosse and making friends!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that they were not going to do the Mt. Sinai leage this year. Anyone else hear this? Where else would the younger teams go? I hope not Syosset.

Syosset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset

I guess you live out East

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset

Actually I heard they canned the Syosset idea and are doing Hauppauge. I guess we will know soon enough. I guess you live out West

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset

Actually I heard they canned the Syosset idea and are doing Hauppauge. I guess we will know soon enough. I guess you live out West

Yeah and we all travel 5 hours for the summer tournaments, only to play everyone from LI anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just received an email last night <<Deleted - embedded advertising information removed per BOTC Board Rules>>.

No word yet on rosters or coaches.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Content Removed
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good nothing good ever came out of mt sinai

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!! 2020'S. Nice job girls, keep it up!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!! 2020'S. Nice job girls, keep it up!!!

2017 Parent here - what did the 2020's do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brag

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brag

Politics will bring this program down slowly year by year. in 5 years they will be lucky to be in top 5 clubs on long island. Will it be worth it then Shannon? Play your hot hand now, you will be forgotten soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop, in 5 years your kid will be gone or ready for college. Play for YJ and TG is for real. Stop causing crap and believe in your club.

Like Reply Quote
Page 81 of 220 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard