BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 7th Grade Girls (2029 Grads) for the Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to turning the page on the 2022/2023 season. Good luck to all the girls this upcoming year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just here to see if the self-proclaimed queens of Long Island actually register for that tournament. The irony.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the “self-proclaimed queens of Long Island”?
If it isn’t your daughters team then, why do you care?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t see why any and all Long Island teams would take issue with a team that calls themselves the best and doesn’t enroll in competion to defend such a claim? You’re a bright one, eh?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t Team 91 Roar win the last three Spring Queen of the Island tournaments? So wouldn’t that make them the Queen of the Island tournament winners?
Didn’t they also beat all the top LI teams these past 3 years?

I may not be a “bright one” but it is truly sad that you spend energy what another team is doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You don’t see why any and all Long Island teams would take issue with a team that calls themselves the best and doesn’t enroll in competion to defend such a claim? You’re a bright one, eh?

You shouldn't speak for "all the Long Island teams". I highly doubt they care or "take issue" with what other long island teams is doing tourny-wise.
Your demented obsession with 91 is evident.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t Team 91 Roar win the last three Spring Queen of the Island tournaments? So wouldn’t that make them the Queen of the Island tournament winners?

I may not be a “bright one” but it is truly sad that you spend energy what another team is doing.

My team has not faced them yet. I was hoping to play against them this year because my roster has changed a lot and we are now entered in tournaments as an A team. When they don’t defend their title they better also be prepared to drop the “we beat all of Long Island” stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My team has not faced them yet. I was hoping to play against them this year because my roster has changed a lot and we are now entered in tournaments as an A team. When they don’t defend their title they better also be prepared to drop the “we beat all of Long Island” stuff.

Umm...they beat all top LI teams in many other tourneys, not just QofLI 🤦‍♂️.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For anyone inquiring about 91 Roar playing in Queen of Long Island, they are not. Seems like it might be a kid asking about it. Don't be discouraged by the replies you get here. It's not abnormal for you to want to face strong competition or to follow teams in the league that you are playing in. The nasty replies that you are getting are just deflections. It's easier for them to say, "You're obsessed with a different team," than "we aren't enrolled in yet another tournament." I can also completely agree with the frustration when you notice that a team is being selective in its competition or lack thereof. But the truth is that there are only two or three Long Island teams that would not be a royal pain in the neck for 91 to play against in QofLi and come out ahead. 91's rating compared to YJA would make a single point victory advance them in rankings, compared to Top Guns they'd need two points. All other Long Island teams would require a pretty big blowout for them to move up rather than move down in rankings/rating. Yellow Jackets is faced with the same situation and I'm actually a bit shocked that they are enrolled in QofLi because of this. Tradition and YJNassau have supposedly dissolved. This is actually not good for anyone on Long Island who is looking to advance in their rankings in local tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For anyone inquiring about 91 Roar playing in Queen of Long Island, they are not. Seems like it might be a kid asking about it. Don't be discouraged by the replies you get here. It's not abnormal for you to want to face strong competition or to follow teams in the league that you are playing in. The nasty replies that you are getting are just deflections. It's easier for them to say, "You're obsessed with a different team," than "we aren't enrolled in yet another tournament." I can also completely agree with the frustration when you notice that a team is being selective in its competition or lack thereof. But the truth is that there are only two or three Long Island teams that would not be a royal pain in the neck for 91 to play against in QofLi and come out ahead. 91's rating compared to YJA would make a single point victory advance them in rankings, compared to Top Guns they'd need two points. All other Long Island teams would require a pretty big blowout for them to move up rather than move down in rankings/rating. Yellow Jackets is faced with the same situation and I'm actually a bit shocked that they are enrolled in QofLi because of this. Tradition and YJNassau have supposedly dissolved. This is actually not good for anyone on Long Island who is looking to advance in their rankings in local tournaments.

This is so ridiculously dense. There are reasons teams may not play in 1 tourney or another- there is 0 chance these teams are analyzing the rankings like that. ZERO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is so ridiculously dense. There are reasons teams may not play in 1 tourney or another- there is 0 chance these teams are analyzing the rankings like that. ZERO

Is this guy serious? Of course they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all due respect, I think you need mental healthcare.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1 for they do. there’s actually 100% chance that everyone in the top 10 are doing this there’s even evidence and admitting it in our old thread from last year on the last page.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1 for they do. there’s actually 100% chance that everyone in the top 10 are doing this there’s even evidence and admitting it in our old thread from last year on the last page.

It would be foolish for any team in the top 10-20 to enter a tournament where there aren’t games that would be challenging and benefit them. No idea who is in this tournament but if it isn’t “A” level competition I don’t know why the top teams would attend. Happens in Maryland all the time. You would never see M&D enter a tournament where they aren’t playing top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duswalt, is that you? Pathetic response but not surprising

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you say that 91 can not be considered Queen of the Island since your “B” is now considered an A team?

How about enter the same tournaments they are doing or beat the other top LI teams to see where your “A” team stands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you say that 91 can not be considered Queen of the Island since your “B” is now considered an A team?

How about enter the same tournaments they are doing or beat the other top LI teams to see where your “A” team stands.

That's the way the logic played out in your mind? This person said that they can't be considered Queen of Long Island if they are absent for a Queen of Long Island tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Queen of the Island a tournament that is still relevant for this age group? LI only has 3 top teams and the rest are b/c/d teams. Teams from outside the island like Primetime and grizzlies have to come in to fill a bracket. Going to worse without Tradition and YJ Nassau who were ranked in the top 20 or so.
At this point it is just a money grab by YJ and FLG who run the event. Better off spending the entrance fee on another tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Queen of the Island a tournament that is still relevant for this age group? LI only has 3 top teams and the rest are b/c/d teams. Teams from outside the island like Primetime and grizzlies have to come in to fill a bracket. Going to worse without Tradition and YJ Nassau who were ranked in the top 20 or so.
At this point it is just a money grab by YJ and FLG who run the event. Better off spending the entrance fee on another tournament.

It really should end at 6th grade. Only 3 games, no playoffs or championship game. Is very convenient though. Its a great tourney for the little ones!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If rankings weren't a thing, teams would enroll in lots of things. You pay thousands of dollars to be part of travel lacrosse, adding $100 a girl for "Queen of Long Island" sure would beat a scrimmage on a dirt field in Sayville. But unfortunately thoughts like "Is queen of Long Island worth it" exemplify that teams are selective about the things they enroll in. Call this what you want such as "we need to match our level of competition" but the truth is that your kid's team is only enrolling in what's good for the brand- and if you're a top tier team, this means registering for tournaments that will keep you there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is you team igloo or Jesters Pink? Only 2 teams registered in the tourney that could match your description.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duswalt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is you team igloo or Jesters Pink? Only 2 teams registered in the tourney that could match your description.

Sorry, meant Jesters Blue.

Duswalt playing in B bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "My team roster changed and we are now good" is def a Jesters parent.
Good luck in A brackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duswalt

What about Duswalt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Earlier, it was acknowledged that 91 National is composed of players from 91 Roar, Thunder, and other teams. If USCL holds a policy that disqualifies teams with double-rostered players from their National Ranking System, wouldn’t this disqualify both of those Ali teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter. USCL just became a dinosaur. They ended their sponsorship of "The Nationals," something Long Island teams already committed to as their year-end event. They're trying to instead sell their own "top 16 nationals" and it's not really working. For one...nobody wants to play more tournaments in August. Also, it's a four day event. lol. Enough is enough already and some programs have college-aged assistant coaches that return to school in August. And then there's the atypical rule set and qualifications that exclude many of the top teams that would attend. They tarnished their ranking system by heavily pairing it with a blatant for-profit [Censored] of a tournament. I bet USCL proves me right by telling everyone they'll stop ranking you if you don't pay for their tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't matter. USCL just became a dinosaur. They ended their sponsorship of "The Nationals," something Long Island teams already committed to as their year-end event. They're trying to instead sell their own "top 16 nationals" and it's not really working. For one...nobody wants to play more tournaments in August. Also, it's a four day event. lol. Enough is enough already and some programs have college-aged assistant coaches that return to school in August. And then there's the atypical rule set and qualifications that exclude many of the top teams that would attend. They tarnished their ranking system by heavily pairing it with a blatant for-profit [Censored] of a tournament. I bet USCL proves me right by telling everyone they'll stop ranking you if you don't pay for their tournament.

Please note that the censored word was not an immature expletive or anything like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for the "Lax For The Cure" tournament this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL doesn't post rankings now until girls have played 12 qualifying games? I guess we all lost our motivation to visit their website between August and June.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL doesn't post rankings now until girls have played 12 qualifying games? I guess we all lost our motivation to visit their website between August and June.

They start with 6 game minimum and move to 12 in summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ A, the reigning Queens of the Island, will go 3-0 and finish the fall undefeated and the top ranked NY team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ A, the reigning Queens of the Island, will go 3-0 and finish the fall undefeated and the top ranked NY team.

Not hard to do when they have a weak schedule, especially this weekend.

Urban Elite Black - Ranked 18
Eagle Stix Blue - Ranked 4 (ok, one top 10 team)
Philly Blast Drive - Ranked 28

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They start with 6 game minimum and move to 12 in summer.

Explain the logistics of this nonsense. Suppose my team plays six games and is ranked #20. Fall finishes, winter finishes, spring hits. On game 7 what happens to my team's ranking? It disappears because I don't have 12 games? It doesn't move despite others moving above and below me? A mess. The integrity of these rankings is getting more and more watered down every day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If we were using last year's rankings, this bracket has the highest ranked team in the tournament in it. Downplaying the playing of the fourth ranked team in the country is goofy behavior. But, last year's numbers don't carry over. And you need a lesson on expected goal differential if you think this is an easy draw to blow through.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, literally no one care about fall rankings. They mean absolutely nothing, especially when some teams have literally only played 6 games 🤦‍♂️.
Get in 30 games, then rankings actually start to hold some value if any.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, literally no one care about fall rankings. They mean absolutely nothing, especially when some teams have literally only played 6 games 🤦‍♂️.
Get in 30 games, then rankings actually start to hold some value if any.

91 got in 29 ranked games last year and didn’t play enough to be ranked in the fall. Should we just scratch out their ranking? Goofy comment.

Your fall ranking is foundational for the season, not only to create a baseline ranking system, but to establish matchups later in the year. When you sit the fall out and get placed in a doodoo bracket in the spring you’ll see the importance. Also rather important at an older age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If we were using last year's rankings, this bracket has the highest ranked team in the tournament in it. Downplaying the playing of the fourth ranked team in the country is goofy behavior. But, last year's numbers don't carry over. And you need a lesson on expected goal differential if you think this is an easy draw to blow through.

Are you saying the YJ A team is the 4th ranked team in the nation? If so, where is this posted? On another note, you might be the most obnoxious person on this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying the YJ A team is the 4th ranked team in the nation? If so, where is this posted? On another note, you might be the most obnoxious person on this thread.

Reading comprehension is a glorious thing. The comment thread you quoted in your reply already notes that Eaglestix is/was ranked #4 last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are downplaying that the other two teams in the YJ bracket are ranked 18 and 28. The other A pool with 91, Top Guns, NXT and Monsters is harder with a tough matchup every game.

Coaches should not care or place any emphasis on goal differential. If your coach is determining their in game strategy and player rotations to protect their rankings then get out while you can. Player development will be an afterthought especially if you are not a starter or split time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your fall ranking is foundational for the season, not only to create a baseline ranking system, but to establish matchups later in the year. When you sit the fall out and get placed in a doodoo bracket in the spring you’ll see the importance. Also rather important at an older age.

This is not a problem for YJ as they run every tournament they enter. They will always be put in a favorable pools with the best chance of making playoffs or championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are downplaying that the other two teams in the YJ bracket are ranked 18 and 28. The other A pool with 91, Top Guns, NXT and Monsters is harder with a tough matchup every game.

Coaches should not care or place any emphasis on goal differential. If your coach is determining their in game strategy and player rotations to protect their rankings then get out while you can. Player development will be an afterthought especially if you are not a starter or split time.

The conversation isn't about what a coach should be focusing on. But make no mistake, every top ten team is absolutely focused on blowing all of the teams out of the water by more than ten goals. The play history shows this throughout. Unfortunately, you can't exist as a top ten team if your focus is on even play time for girls. Benches tighten until the goal differential is maxed out.

But the conversation was about how easy/difficult it would be to move up in the rankings, which absolutely has to do with differential. It's a relevant part of the conversation.

The real question is will YJ be able to defeat Eaglestix again? And will Monster be able to defeat 91 again? YJ will be the highest ranked team in NY next week. This isn't a compliment. It's just that they'll be the only NY team that played this weekend and will have enough games under their belts to be ranked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading comprehension is a glorious thing. The comment thread you quoted in your reply already notes that Eaglestix is/was ranked #4 last year.

The other person was correct, you are obnoxious. You must be a peach on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other person was correct, you are obnoxious. You must be a peach on the sidelines.

I'm not the same commenter that was called obnoxious Bub. I'm the other guy. The one that prefers conversations with ppl that can read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The conversation isn't about what a coach should be focusing on. But make no mistake, every top ten team is absolutely focused on blowing all of the teams out of the water by more than ten goals. The play history shows this throughout. Unfortunately, you can't exist as a top ten team if your focus is on even play time for girls. Benches tighten until the goal differential is maxed out.

But the conversation was about how easy/difficult it would be to move up in the rankings, which absolutely has to do with differential. It's a relevant part of the conversation.

The real question is will YJ be able to defeat Eaglestix again? And will Monster be able to defeat 91 again? YJ will be the highest ranked team in NY next week. This isn't a compliment. It's just that they'll be the only NY team that played this weekend and will have enough games under their belts to be ranked.

Top Guns & 91 will both have played the same amount of games that count towards rankings as YJ after this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't bring up the lax for the cure results on my phone for some reason. how did the Long Island teams do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't bring up the lax for the cure results on my phone for some reason. how did the Long Island teams do?

It all went down as expected. YJ went 3-0 , 91 beat Top Guns and then wilted against out of state competition

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJA is the only Long Island that won their whole bracket.
But playing two teams that don’t belong in the A bracket gives a lot of people false hope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj beat one ranked team…. 91 still would of ran them down if given the chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJA is the only Long Island that won their whole bracket.
But playing two teams that don’t belong in the A bracket gives a lot of people false hope.

And here's where 91 comes in to cry foul. Just beat NXT for once and stop crying about the draw of a tournament. Every team in the A brackets were rated in the 90's last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj beat one ranked team…. 91 still would of ran them down if given the chance.

wouldn't it be a bit embarrassing if you criticized Philly Blast's ranking but wound up ranked below them? better hope the math gods are on your side.

and don't be sore lost. you were the underdog against NXT. they're good. you met expectations. you could still wind up in the top 25 for this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wouldn't it be a bit embarrassing if you criticized Philly Blast's ranking but wound up ranked below them? better hope the math gods are on your side.

and don't be sore lost. you were the underdog against NXT. they're good. you met expectations. you could still wind up in the top 25 for this fall.

It’s not how you start but how you finish. 91 was unranked last Fall but finished the year as the top ranked LI and NY team. Another LI team was highly ranked in the fall but ended the year falling a few spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parents are delusional
91 has beaten YJA over and over and now Top Guns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parents are delusional
91 has beaten YJA over and over and now Top Guns.

After losing to a lower ranked team than YJ beat, this might be a good day to take the day off from BOTC. You're embarrassing yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ES is a 5 loss team, almost same amount of losses as they had all of last year.....one of which was to a B team by 5 goals. Will they even finish top 10 this fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations YJ, clearly you are all looking for the validation that beating Eagle Stix by one goal was the clutch for you’re impressive fall season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ES is a 5 loss team, almost same amount of losses as they had all of last year.....one of which was to a B team by 5 goals. Will they even finish top 10 this fall?

Nope. They won't. They have a strong Sched score which will put them closer than you think though. And since they beat NXT and 91 cannot, were do you think that puts them in relation to 91?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At some point does the coaching staff of either of your teams step in and say "hey guys, maybe stop with all the nonsense online. you're embarrassing us?"

We can already predict the rest of the conversation: YJ winds up ranked higher than 91 and comes here to boast. 91 fires back that they will drop in their ranking like they did last year. YJ fires back by telling 91 that now that 91 has registered for real tournaments this year their out of state record shows they'll do poorly. 91 digs for record of some game where YJ lost or beat a low ranked team to find another point of criticism. And the beat goes on and on and on.

Enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At some point does the coaching staff of either of your teams step in and say "hey guys, maybe stop with all the nonsense online. you're embarrassing us?"

We can already predict the rest of the conversation: YJ winds up ranked higher than 91 and comes here to boast. 91 fires back that they will drop in their ranking like they did last year. YJ fires back by telling 91 that now that 91 has registered for real tournaments this year their out of state record shows they'll do poorly. 91 digs for record of some game where YJ lost or beat a low ranked team to find another point of criticism. And the beat goes on and on and on.

Enough.

Seriously, its pathetic. You have let everyone know how amazing your 7th graders are.....we get it, but its unnecessary to do it at the expense of someone else's daughter. Stop instigating and stop responding to the bait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. They won't. They have a strong Sched score which will put them closer than you think though. And since they beat NXT and 91 cannot, were do you think that puts them in relation to 91?

Actually looks like they split 1-1...NXT also beat ES 7-4.
I wasn't asking about 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is pathetic. Only if our 12 year olds knew how the parents conducted themselves behind the screens.
And I mean let’s be honest, some of the better girls can’t even make it to the higher levels because their dads are not paying up or kissing up enough.
The idea of even ranking little kids is just silly, but it’s what keeps the parents digging deeper into their pockets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on with the USCL site? No rankings posted. Some teams have certainly played six games (or 12 games if they're truly waiting for that). That site jumped the shark.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live. Love. Lax is upcoming this weekend, I’d assume they’ll post new rankings afterwards as most top ranked teams will be there.
Just my thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live. Love. Lax is upcoming this weekend, I’d assume they’ll post new rankings afterwards as most top ranked teams will be there.
Just my thought.

It’s usually on Thursday. So maybe look for something tomorrow. Last year it was this week that the ranking began because most teams hit the 6 game threshold (or 9 depending on what they go with this year to start).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on with the USCL site? No rankings posted. Some teams have certainly played six games (or 12 games if they're truly waiting for that). That site jumped the shark.

Just have summer rankings like they used to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

USCL just released in their IG post that rankings will come out next week. They also released a date change for their national championship with the top 16 teams. It's by birth year which I think will make it hard for them to fill out a bracket of top teams. Unlike boys, girls didn't go to a birth year system this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The “National championship” is just another money grab. On age is fine but will affect the MD teams. Also MD has their tryouts two weeks before this. It is already awkward at try the mid Atlantic and Maryland cup with girls knowing they are moving to new clubs or are being replaced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loaded top pool at Live Love Lax. Hero’s, MDU, NXT and 91. It is going to be interesting to see where the LI programs stand in comparison to MD programs as a whole.
While this is the last tournament till the Spring season, MD teams have an advantage by playing each other all winter with the NGLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s swept again.
Can anyone beat them?
91 beat MD Unit and NXT, they will fall top NY team in the rankings.
Why was YJ B there this weekend, but no sign of YJ A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Friedman dodging fall, they played No one !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Friedman dodging fall, they played No one !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s swept again.
Can anyone beat them?

Because YJ A played the 6 game minimum and went 6-0. Didn’t want to risk their ranking by losing this weekend. But they played soft teams. Be lucky to be top 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s swept again.
Can anyone beat them?

They didn't have time because they were too busy telling everyone how amazing they are lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because YJ A played the 6 game minimum and went 6-0. Didn’t want to risk their ranking by losing this weekend. But they played soft teams. Be lucky to be top 10.[/quote]

They’ll say Fall ball doesn’t matter to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s swept again.
Can anyone beat them?

Because YJ A played the 6 game minimum and went 6-0. Didn’t want to risk their ranking by losing this weekend. But they played soft teams. Be lucky to be top 10.

You know they signed up for all of their tournaments before the outcome of the tournaments, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s swept again.
Can anyone beat them?

Not likely. There are at least two losses I know about this fall. that's probably too many to get them up there in the fall season. In the spring that would be a major move, but sched scores and expected goal differentials are well-established at that point. I guess we wait and see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s swept again.
Can anyone beat them?

You know they signed up for all of their tournaments before the outcome of the tournaments, right?

Correct and look at their opponents. They avoided all of the top teams from LI and MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does fall ball really matter though? Save a trip to Maryland.
Top Guns went to MD and didn’t end up against top teams either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does fall ball really matter though? Save a trip to Maryland.
Top Guns went to MD and didn’t end up against top teams either.

Leave him alone. He’s just excited to be on this side of the conversation. Last year 91 was absent for the entire Fall and they got flamed for it. A lot of crying dads in blue Hokas convinced 91 to start registering for big boy tournaments. So here they are. Standing strong with this year’s OnClouds on and an inflated sense of accomplishment with their fall record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 #2
Nice work

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not to take credit away from any of the long island teams that have made it onto the rankings board, but those rankings are insane. i know how the ratings work but to see teams with impressive records rated so low shows some flaws in this system. seeing teams with 5-4 record in the top ten is just fool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Four LI teams in the top 10 is impressive. Great year for LI girls. Nicely done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not to take credit away from any of the long island teams that have made it onto the rankings board, but those rankings are insane. i know how the ratings work but to see teams with impressive records rated so low shows some flaws in this system. seeing teams with 5-4 record in the top ten is just fool.

Looks like LI teams not traveling down to play MD teams helped them a lot. The algorithm seemed to like them playing each other. 5-4 and ranked 5th over two mid Atlantic teams who only lost to heros is fool to me. But kudos to LI teams. Summer they will have to prove those top 5 rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you did take it away with what you said. Why even say anything? Of coarse rankings has flaws which is why they are notIntelligent in the first place but the teams with those records are really good and if you look at who they lost to, I'm sure they are to really good teams on close games which is why record is not a great indicator of who the best teams really are. Congrats to them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Four LI teams in the top 10 is impressive. Great year for LI girls. Nicely done.

Definitely impressed to see 4 LI teams posted… shows the depth in the 2029 class. I can guarantee we will see movement in the rankings come spring.

At what ages do teams stop to see movement and really lock in their rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Proud of LI Lacrosse. Here’s hoping these teams can stay on the top this Spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like LI teams not traveling down to play MD teams helped them a lot. The algorithm seemed to like them playing each other. 5-4 and ranked 5th over two mid Atlantic teams who only lost to heros is fool to me. But kudos to LI teams. Summer they will have to prove those top 5 rankings.

algorithm doesn't change. playing a high opponent strength score and achieving a high goal differential is all that matters. doesn't matter where you travel (unless you're someone who can't find high strength scores locally)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you did take it away with what you said. Why even say anything? Of coarse rankings has flaws which is why they are notIntelligent in the first place but the teams with those records are really good and if you look at who they lost to, I'm sure they are to really good teams on close games which is why record is not a great indicator of who the best teams really are. Congrats to them!

Get over yourself. When the 12th place team in the country has a record of 2-8-3, the 10th place team has a record of 7-5-1, and the 5th place team has a record of 5-4 criticisms are expected and frankly they are warranted. A losing record and a negative goal differential should never put you in the 90's or anywhere near the leaderboard regardless of whatever formula they're using. It's not a good look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over yourself. When the 12th place team in the country has a record of 2-8-3, the 10th place team has a record of 7-5-1, and the 5th place team has a record of 5-4 criticisms are expected and frankly they are warranted. A losing record and a negative goal differential should never put you in the 90's or anywhere near the leaderboard regardless of whatever formula they're using. It's not a good look.

This. The system gave the LI teams way too much credit which bumped their SoS up a good amount. Never heard of tradition yet they are number 10?

The post about algorithm is accurate. The system didn’t have enough information to figure out what to do with the LI teams who only played themselves.

Look at NXT. Lost to M&D and Eagle Stix once and beat them once. Lost to Heros. Yet they are 4 and M&D and ES are 9 and 8? Coppermine who only lost to heros and M&D is 7??

Once Monsters, LITG and YJ travel south. Things will change. Team 91 is the only one who deserves to be up there above Coppermine, ES and M&D.

Biggest reason why fall rankings are kind of pointless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This. The system gave the LI teams way too much credit which bumped their SoS up a good amount. Never heard of tradition yet they are number 10?

The post about algorithm is accurate. The system didn’t have enough information to figure out what to do with the LI teams who only played themselves.

Look at NXT. Lost to M&D and Eagle Stix once and beat them once. Lost to Heros. Yet they are 4 and M&D and ES are 9 and 8? Coppermine who only lost to heros and M&D is 7??

Once Monsters, LITG and YJ travel south. Things will change. Team 91 is the only one who deserves to be up there above Coppermine, ES and M&D.

I agree with most of this except that YJ did beat ES and is rightfully placed above them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The formula is flawed, teams get to post cool stuff to social media. US Club ranking is a marketing company that has done a nice job of damaging the sport, it creates emphasis on a wide goal differential, coaches managing to a rating, brings down playing time, etc., knowing every goal counts towards a rating. US Club ranking organization capitalized on the frenzy around club lax and fool lax parents who are obsessed with being able to tell their friends at the tennis club their daughter is on a top ranked team. Its lacrosse people, need to relax, no one outside your sphere of lacrosse friends care. Someone above said it, if you’re a college caliber player, the brand doesn’t matter, go dominate a showcase or prospect day and they will seek you out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tradition is a town team and it is impressive that they can compete with the top teams. They benefited the most playing higher ranked teams.

Fall ranking are ridiculous because the sample size (# of games) is too low. One LI team only played 6 games while the others had 9. MD teams will move up since they play each other in the NGLL while LI teams do not play until the summer tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tradition is a town team and it is impressive that they can compete with the top teams. They benefited the most playing higher ranked teams.

Fall ranking are ridiculous because the sample size (# of games) is too low. One LI team only played 6 games while the others had 9. MD teams will move up since they play each other in the NGLL while LI teams do not play until the summer tournaments.

You've provided contradictory information. You can't say that one team benefits from a small number of games and another team benefits from playing in a league with a large number of games. Make up your mind or just stick to the algorithm. Rating is average goal differential plus average strength of opponents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the stirring stops when 91 hibernates for the winter and spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is in a secret bunker, training and plotting how to maintain their reign over Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is in a secret bunker, training and plotting how to maintain their reign over Long Island
Why do you make it sound so negative? Can you not give them credit as a good team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wink LILJ College Bound Experience- thumbs down. Would go again if it was $175. No more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you make it sound so negative? Can you not give them credit as a good team?

I’m a different person but I think they’re a good team. Their parent presence here though makes them hard to like. It might actually be burning bridges for their girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you take that as a negative? They’re the best team on Long Island… they lay dormant and reappear ready to handle business

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you take that as a negative? They’re the best team on Long Island… they lay dormant and reappear ready to handle business

They only played one Long Island team this season and sat out Queen of Long Island. Let’s stop inflating the dormant ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taylor Moreno Goalie Clinic last weekend. $150 for a group clinic for an hour. Did she give out $100 Amazon gift cards to justify the price? Anyone send their kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taylor Moreno Goalie Clinic last weekend. $150 for a group clinic for an hour. Did she give out $100 Amazon gift cards to justify the price? Anyone send their kid?
Lol I saw that.. I think Wink gave her our emails…can get 2 personal lessons for 150…my kid had some reps with her at the stony Brook event a couple of eeeks ago…. Was ok..Weren’t splitting atoms…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They only played one Long Island team this season and sat out Queen of Long Island. Let’s stop inflating the dormant ones.

Why place importance on the Queen of the Island tournament? Did any teams in the top 10 even attend this Y/FLG event ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why place importance on the Queen of the Island tournament? Did any teams in the top 10 even attend this Y/FLG event ?

It's a small event and the 6th and 11th place team did.
But more importantly, the 91 moms on here have previously used that tournament to declare their kids "queen" or "best" when they show up and play (and do well). You can't have it both ways where you say it's significant enough to crown you queen one season but insignificant in the next season.

I tend to agree with you that the event has become rather insignificant though, if that's what you're saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What up with this USCLAX golden 16 thing? They said to stay on their rankings you need to submit a verified roster or they’d kick you off the list the following week. That doesn’t seem to be happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What up with this USCLAX golden 16 thing? They said to stay on their rankings you need to submit a verified roster or they’d kick you off the list the following week. That doesn’t seem to be happening.

Verified rosters aren't due yet. And it doesn't matter. I would bet of the golden 16... more than 12 don't participate. This will be a tournament between the bottom 16. Unless they do away with the age requirement. Unlike the boys side, the girls didn't move to age based this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Verified rosters aren't due yet. And it doesn't matter. I would bet of the golden 16... more than 12 don't participate. This will be a tournament between the bottom 16. Unless they do away with the age requirement. Unlike the boys side, the girls didn't move to age based this year.

They'll never do away with the push for an age requirement. That's their sticking point, and while it's a noble cause, they've paired it with a for-profit tournament that's billing itself as the only legitimate tournament on the block.

Do you know of the official due date for rosters? I saw that they said on their instagram that they were requiring it each week or the team would be dropped from the golden list. But I wouldn't be surprised if this changed...just like their tournament dates. This company seems to be building the plane as they fly it. If you search BOTC for anything USCL related, the 2029 group is the only one that seems to spend any time talking about them. They've fallen into irrelevancy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is bonkers! Love it.

Yes. Rankings are messed up…..there is a formula. Work it!

Queen. Yes. Top LI teams play in it. Up till about 7-8th grade.

Showcases. Why are you doing any at this age? No college coaches looking at your kid. However….they are good experience for when it does matter.

Keep it up. This is great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a small event and the 6th and 11th place team did.
But more importantly, the 91 moms on here have previously used that tournament to declare their kids "queen" or "best" when they show up and play (and do well). You can't have it both ways where you say it's significant enough to crown you queen one season but insignificant in the next season.

I tend to agree with you that the event has become rather insignificant though, if that's what you're saying.

Mom here: 91 will be considered the best on the Island until another LI team beats them. It’s that simple. TG and YJ have come close but have not beaten them.
They also have the title of “Queen” since they won the spring tournament and have beaten the fall tournament winner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Showcases. Why are you doing any at this age? No college coaches looking at your kid. However….they are good experience for when it does matter.

There's lots I can say about this. One is that the best girls in the country are going to these things, even at this age. I see them there. It's the same names over and over. And they play on high ranked teams. If you want to keep up with this level of competition and rub the correct elbows...this is one way. These girls are absolutely making a name for themselves...already. I am one of the coaches of a top 10 team. I know the names of three girls that I'd love to have on our 7th grade travel team. Guess where I learned them. I need a draw girl and I fully expect to have figured that out well before tryout season.

Next, it's something to do in the off season. Something separate from our teams. Playing a weekend in a full size indoor facility is a breath of fresh air in the winter when practices are typically in the indoor sewers of Long Island.

There are ample opportunities for networking- with event holders, with likeminded players, with coaches, with parents, with competition, and with college coaches and clinicians. Some of the people running these things are young ladies that our children watch on television- they're the Derek Jeter of the women's lacrosse world. Our kids love working with them.

There are also lots of learning opportunities. With that said, some of these events are awful and awfully expensive, so properly vetting them is pretty important. The dream of your kid going to college for lacrosse is only a sliver of the pie chart of reasons why you might want to go to these things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's lots I can say about this. One is that the best girls in the country are going to these things, even at this age. I see them there. It's the same names over and over. And they play on high ranked teams. If you want to keep up with this level of competition and rub the correct elbows...this is one way. These girls are absolutely making a name for themselves...already. I am one of the coaches of a top 10 team. I know the names of three girls that I'd love to have on our 7th grade travel team. Guess where I learned them. I need a draw girl and I fully expect to have figured that out well before tryout season.

Next, it's something to do in the off season. Something separate from our teams. Playing a weekend in a full size indoor facility is a breath of fresh air in the winter when practices are typically in the indoor sewers of Long Island.

There are ample opportunities for networking- with event holders, with likeminded players, with coaches, with parents, with competition, and with college coaches and clinicians. Some of the people running these things are young ladies that our children watch on television- they're the Derek Jeter of the women's lacrosse world. Our kids love working with them.

There are also lots of learning opportunities. With that said, some of these events are awful and awfully expensive, so properly vetting them is pretty important. The dream of your kid going to college for lacrosse is only a sliver of the pie chart of reasons why you might want to go to these things.

Also, being a coach on a top 10 team... I agree with part of this and that is the having fun, networking, and seeing some of their role models at these events.

Don't do these events if you expect to get on college coaches radar. Our girls are 12-13 years old, a lot can change before 10th grade and college coaches know that and don't waste their time with this age group. With that said, sure girls make a name for themselves with other CLUB coaches. We all know the top players on the top teams in the country and can name them (by name or numbers) but, these events are not where we learned of them.

With all that said, it is an opportunity for the girls to HAVE FUN and play together with girls from other clubs. If you child loves the game, asks to go and you can afford it then by all means go have fun. But please don't expect to leave with the mindset your daughter is getting on some college coaches radar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is 91 doing in California?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2029 91 team at Sand storm is a combination of the Colorado and LI girls teams. Weather is beautiful compared to what we left on LI. The facility and grounds are set up so nicely. There is even enough places to park, unlike some of the other tournaments.
It is a good experience for the girls to play with each other and face off against different competition. It is great to see how much the game has grown in the US. There are quite a few ex-LIers who live out west and have kids playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like double rostering to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They win the tourney....13 team AA Division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard there is a AAAAAA Tournament in Kazakhstan next weekend. Start up a 91 International and triple roster those little warriors.

But in all seriousness, how did they do against Urban Elite? They were the only team there that has ever held a stick before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

genuine question- what is the issue with double rostering. In soccer, it’s difficult to be double rostered when your kid plays on another team in the same league since you need a card/pass for that league (think LOL- I think LOL allows u to play as a guest though). Kids still do the double roster thing but play for Teams that play in other leagues like EDP.

For lacrosse, is it regulated in some way or is it just looked down on. I think I remember signing something like my kid won’t play on another club team.

Would be interesting to get people’s thoughts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

genuine question- what is the issue with double rostering. In soccer, it’s difficult to be double rostered when your kid plays on another team in the same league since you need a card/pass for that league (think LOL- I think LOL allows u to play as a guest though). Kids still do the double roster thing but play for Teams that play in other leagues like EDP.

For lacrosse, is it regulated in some way or is it just looked down on. I think I remember signing something like my kid won’t play on another club team.

Team 91 considers it the same since they own all the teams. National teams on the boys level is very common. It’s just starting on the girls level. As long as you are playing for you “club” I don’t see why it is a big deal. You can’t play on your national team and regular team in same tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can double roster or join two or three club teams if you have the financial means to do so. However if both teams are entered in the same tournament, you can only play for one.
Top girls from an area that is not big on lax will join teams like YJ, M&D, Steps, etc. For instance most recently there were sisters from MN they played for YJ and the older one still played for MN lacrosse [Censored].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard there is a AAAAAA Tournament in Kazakhstan next weekend. Start up a 91 International and triple roster those little warriors.

But in all seriousness, how did they do against Urban Elite? They were the only team there that has ever held a stick before.

That is great, make fun of 12 year old girls that are great kids and highly successful at the sport. This has become non stop. Constant talk about a team that is more successful than your team.The constant foul words will NEVER take away from the hard work and accomplishments these girls put forth. Your obsession and jealousy is very apparent!
Maybe if you focused more on your own team than someone else's you may find more success.
Enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 91 considers it the same since they own all the teams. National teams on the boys level is very common. It’s just starting on the girls level. As long as you are playing for you “club” I don’t see why it is a big deal. You can’t play on your national team and regular team in same tournament.

Edit.. meant to say LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game is growing especially on the girls side in the south and west coast. Pretty short sighted to say that Urban Elite is the only team with lax experience at this tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's reach for the stars and look for anyway possible to bring 91 down. Jealous much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game is growing especially on the girls side in the south and west coast. Pretty short sighted to say that Urban Elite is the only team with lax experience at this tournament

They tied urban elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sounds like double rostering to me.

You can double roster or join two or three club teams if you have the financial means to do so. However if both teams are entered in the same tournament, you can only play for one.
Top girls from an area that is not big on lax will join teams like YJ, M&D, Steps, etc. For instance most recently there were sisters from MN they played for YJ and the older one still played for MN lacrosse [Censored].

This is inaccurate. This year, season-long double rostering is not allowed. It is explicitly a violation for the Golden 16 ranking and implicitly a violation for the overall rankings on USCL website. You cannot play on two teams if you wish to qualify for USCL rankings. For individual tournaments, you are in violation of their event rules if you double roster at the event. I would post links to this, but not sure if it's allowed on this site. You can find it by googling "golden 16 lacrosse" and clicking on the instagram post from uscl where they outline this. You can find similar language under the "more/national champion" tab on USCL site. There is a new system for submitting verified rosters- partnerships/alliances/double rostering disqualifies your team from the Golden 16. If you have no desire to be in the Golden 16, I guess you just operate in the gray area of the rules (and truthfully, it's not really "rules" it's just that the site that ranks you says they won't). I don't think anyone's qualifying for the Golden 16 anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't disagree with you if it weren't for the fact that the games actually count in the season-long national ratings for all teams that play a national team and the domino affect on the rest of the ratings. I'd love the idea of these "National Teams" if they didn't count and didn't count for anyone playing against them, especially if there were "off-season national teams" that allow a little bit of fun in the winter.

Because we are talking about "ethics" here, it doesn't matter if the hypothetical I'm going to give you here is 100% accurate. It just COULD happen, or could almost happen:

Urban Elite enters a California Tournament with a 90.75 rating. They find themselves facing an unranked team, "91 National." However, the star players are the girls they have faced before and will face again later in the season when they play as "91 Roar." 91 Roar is ranked at 97.76. Urban Elite ties the team. You'd figure it would have an impact on their rating of +7 points. Nope. Based on the National team being unranked, their ranking begins somewhere in the mid to high 80's. This tied game winds up dropping their ranking and rating. Fast forward to June. Top Guns faces Urban Elite. The two teams would have had similar ratings/rankings entering the competition. However, Urban Elite's rating was artificially affected by the last matchup against 91. So now the expected goal differential is significantly higher than it would have been. Now Top Guns has to blow out a team that is likely close in ability to them. Urban Elite loses by 2, which would usually have no major affect on their rankings, but they are part of this whole debacle. So now their rating has gone up by 8 points because the expected goal differential was 10 points. And guess who they are facing next? 91 Roar- who gets another crack at them with a new artificially enhanced rating.

While this is only satire- some of it could happen. And that "could" is what makes it unethical to play the same girls against the same teams throughout the same season. Even if it's just some of them. None of use can calculate "how many" girls make a difference on a roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USCL is rolling out mandatory roster verifications which would disallow double-rostering across the season. Appears as though right now it just affects those seeking "Golden 16" status, but their intent is obviously to clean up rosters and birth ages over time. Honestly, these new rules might push people further away from USCL rather than have them embraced as a governing body. Nobody is going to qualify for their rules for a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't disagree with you if it weren't for the fact that the games actually count in the season-long national ratings for all teams that play a national team and the domino affect on the rest of the ratings. I'd love the idea of these "National Teams" if they didn't count and didn't count for anyone playing against them, especially if there were "off-season national teams" that allow a little bit of fun in the winter.

Because we are talking about "ethics" here, it doesn't matter if the hypothetical I'm going to give you here is 100% accurate. It just COULD happen, or could almost happen:

Urban Elite enters a California Tournament with a 90.75 rating. They find themselves facing an unranked team, "91 National." However, the star players are the girls they have faced before and will face again later in the season when they play as "91 Roar." 91 Roar is ranked at 97.76. Urban Elite ties the team. You'd figure it would have an impact on their rating of +7 points. Nope. Based on the National team being unranked, their ranking begins somewhere in the mid to high 80's. This tied game winds up dropping their ranking and rating. Fast forward to June. Top Guns faces Urban Elite. The two teams would have had similar ratings/rankings entering the competition. However, Urban Elite's rating was artificially affected by the last matchup against 91. So now the expected goal differential is significantly higher than it would have been. Now Top Guns has to blow out a team that is likely close in ability to them. Urban Elite loses by 2, which would usually have no major affect on their rankings, but they are part of this whole debacle. So now their rating has gone up by 8 points because the expected goal differential was 10 points. And guess who they are facing next? 91 Roar- who gets another crack at them with a new artificially enhanced rating.

While this is only satire- some of it could happen. And that "could" is what makes it unethical to play the same girls against the same teams throughout the same season. Even if it's just some of them. None of use can calculate "how many" girls make a difference on a roster.

Is this a joke?? This is so long and ridiculous! Who goes to these lengths for 7th grade rankings? get a life.

91 gets another crack at them??? 91 National is not Roar, not even close. Roar will destroy them like they did last summer. Mind or own biss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a joke?? This is so long and ridiculous! Who goes to these lengths for 7th grade rankings? get a life.

91 gets another crack at them??? 91 National is not Roar, not even close. Roar will destroy them like they did last summer. Mind or own biss

He said that it's satire, but the idea of it...actually makes sense. Double rostering throws a wrench in the works and creates some potentially unfair situations, demonstrated by this exaggerated post. "Who goes to these lengths" isn't really the issue. The issue is that these residual effects occur UNINTENTIONALLY when double rostering occurs. Nobody is trying to slight anyone here. This is why the rule exists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is inaccurate. This year, season-long double rostering is not allowed. It is explicitly a violation for the Golden 16 ranking and implicitly a violation for the overall rankings on USCL website. You cannot play on two teams if you wish to qualify for USCL rankings. For individual tournaments, you are in violation of their event rules if you double roster at the event. I would post links to this, but not sure if it's allowed on this site. You can find it by googling "golden 16 lacrosse" and clicking on the instagram post from uscl where they outline this. You can find similar language under the "more/national champion" tab on USCL site. There is a new system for submitting verified rosters- partnerships/alliances/double rostering disqualifies your team from the Golden 16. If you have no desire to be in the Golden 16, I guess you just operate in the gray area of the rules (and truthfully, it's not really "rules" it's just that the site that ranks you says they won't). I don't think anyone's qualifying for the Golden 16 anyway.

USCL is not a governing body in lacrosse. They can make al the rules they want but it is all moot because USCL does not run any of the girls tournaments. USCL needs the top programs to run their “golden 16”. They know that their rankings or championship do not mean anything without the MD, LI, and PA teams.

There is a reason Inside lacrosse does not rank club teams till 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you’re saying teams are being unintentionally “hurt” bc of this?

C’mon

So a team is ranked 23rd instead of 19th (just picking random numbers)

Who cares? The college coaches don’t

Mommy and daddy for sure

Isn’t the goal of all of this to get better and be seen ? (And maybe have some fun )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the 91 national team may have had 6-10 roar girls. Probably at least 4 or 5 Roar girls that are difference makers were not with the National team this weekend, True, 91 Roar will destroy Urban Elite this Summer. Roar team and National team are not equal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do 7th grade rankings count for anything? I think we need some perspective here. All the LI teams are great - this is a special class with a lot of talent, at least right now. What we should be focused on is creating a top notch Long Island league like they have in MD and letting the girls practice against each other. More camaraderie and less competition. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do 7th grade rankings count for anything? I think we need some perspective here. All the LI teams are great - this is a special class with a lot of talent, at least right now. What we should be focused on is creating a top notch Long Island league like they have in MD and letting the girls practice against each other. More camaraderie and less competition. A rising tide lifts all boats.

This would be awesome. It is worth the sidenote though that the league in MD is what really allows the top teams to solidify their rankings, whether or not you value them. Consistently playing top ranked teams seals the deal AND creates strong programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USCL is not a governing body in lacrosse. They can make al the rules they want but it is all moot because USCL does not run any of the girls tournaments. USCL needs the top programs to run their “golden 16”. They know that their rankings or championship do not mean anything without the MD, LI, and PA teams.

There is a reason Inside lacrosse does not rank club teams till 9th grade.

Ethics are ethics, whether it’s now or 9th grade. USCL isn’t a governing body, but they assume that status when they are the ones setting the rules for their rankings and are the only ones doing those rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What we should be focused on is creating a top notch Long Island league like they have in MD and letting the girls practice against each other. More camaraderie and less competition. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Unfortunately the NGLL will not be well attended here on LI compared to MD. It would be great if there were more top teams to have a league. Besides YJ, TG and 91 , maybe tradition, there is a significant gap to the next team on LI. I know jesters and Igloo are trying to compete but are not on the same level yet.
Also YJ will not attend because they have their own spring league and $$$ stays in their own pocket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What we should be focused on is creating a top notch Long Island league like they have in MD and letting the girls practice against each other. More camaraderie and less competition. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Unfortunately the NGLL will not be well attended here on LI compared to MD. It would be great if there were more top teams to have a league. Besides YJ, TG and 91 , maybe tradition, there is a significant gap to the next team on LI. I know jesters and Igloo are trying to compete but are not on the same level yet.
Also YJ will not attend because they have their own spring league and $$$ stays in their own pocket.

Does the NGLL (on Long Island) have a legit league or it just a tournament? Is there any history of teams attending this? Never heard of it. Interested. Also, does YJ have a "league" in the spring or is it just that a majority of their events are affiliated with/sponsored by YJ? Is this why 91 was previously playing in local tournaments that don't get a lot of attention? Were they sponsored by 91 or something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL started an LI league last year. They had the winners of the different regions face off in a championship. NXT vs Hero’s were the finalist.
It would be nice if LI was like MD, where all the programs participate. There are enough teams, 91, TG, YJ, Tradition, igloo, jesters, legacy, Lax O N, etc to get it going.
I think parents and players would be interested in this but coaches and directors would probably put a kibosh to it. One has to think are the reasons besides not being able to profit monetarily off it, are the clubs protecting rankings,looking after their their brand & image (W/L records), not wanting their girls to get poached by another club, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI does have a spring and fall league at older ages. Some teams participate. Some don’t. It’s not affiliated w NGLL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI does have a spring and fall league at older ages. Some teams participate. Some don’t. It’s not affiliated w NGLL

What league are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL is very similar to the little league World Series format. Starts with regional league (tournament). Winner moves on to national tournament play. Last year was in nc same time as ncaa womens tournament. This year it’s at coppermine facility in md.

Long Island doesn’t have all the best teams represented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL is very similar to the little league World Series format. Starts with regional league (tournament). Winner moves on to national tournament play. Last year was in nc same time as ncaa womens tournament. This year it’s at coppermine facility in md.

Looks like 91 will be participating, at least according to a NGLL Instagram post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not? There is an NGLL in LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL is for losers…….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not? There is an NGLL in LI

I know you're not from Long Island by your use of "in" instead of "on." The short answer is politics, money, and marketing. But also, while it's easy to say that non-involvement by teams is nefarious, the truth is that things simply don't line up for every team always. It would be really cool for every team to play in the same league. That's for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any Long Island teams that comp goalies as standard practice anymore? Not "goalies for hire" or "recruited to fill a void" goalies, but standard practice throughout their program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate comped goalies not sure if they do since FLG merge. Igloo comps goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounded more appealing before it was known to be yet another batch of out of state travel

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL is a good idea. But doesn’t work everywhere. Maryland it’s big. Because they started it.

Teams from other regions play nothing to make it finals. LI would beat up on each other. For 1 team to go.

Larger programs don’t want to participate unless there’s something in it for them. Smaller programs don’t want to do it because it’s a recruiting festival of their best players.

Goalies. Igloo is “free”. It’s not. It’s about $1k for their mandatory equipment. Not sure if extra training is “free” or an add on. Odds are winter sessions are not free. If you have a kid that is very good. And money is tight. May be a good fit. If your kid is a project. Get ready to watch them stand on sidelines at tournies. Even on non-A teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie dad here, “free” tuition use to be the case when there was a limited amount of girls willing to play goalie. Now it is refreshing to see PAL teams with two full time goalies at different age levels.

Expect to see your daughter split time with the other goalie at tournaments with the coach playing the “hot hand” in the shortened playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While this is only satire- some of it could happen. And that "could" is what makes it unethical to play the same girls against the same teams throughout the same season. Even if it's just one of them. None of use can calculate "how many" girls make a difference on a roster.

I laughed at this post. Then I saw the updated rankings and I'm wondering if Nostradamus has a lacrosse daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know that teams do not care about goal differential when they are playing? If your daughter’s team wins a game but doesn’t cover the goal differential, do you tell her she “lost”? Or if they lose to an opponent but not by the goal differential do you tell your daughter that they “won”?

FYI the 91 national team will drop out of the rankings once the summer season kicks off as they won’t meet the minimum amount of games played.

Let the girls play and stop worrying about all the metrics of rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Or stop entering double rostered girls into ranked competition, aka following the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You know that teams do not care about goal differential when they are playing? If your daughter’s team wins a game but doesn’t cover the goal differential, do you tell her she “lost”? Or if they lose to an opponent but not by the goal differential do you tell your daughter that they “won”?

FYI the 91 national team will drop out of the rankings once the summer season kicks off as they won’t meet the minimum amount of games played.

good or bad, my daughter's team's bench stays very warm until the goal differential has been maxed out. this is a reality of some high rated teams. li teams don't get a lot of shots at playing mid atlantic teams with a high rating so when they do...it counts. but this conversation doesn't seem to be about how many goals makes a girl or her team a winner or a lost it seems to be more about the entry of double rostered girls into ranked games that affect the standings---and the required goal differential to move up or down actual positions in rankings. those are very different things. not talking about feeling like winners or losers here, talking about goals required to advance.

if only the affect on the rankings that the 91 national team had will also drop out of the metrics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good or bad, my daughter's team's bench stays very warm until the goal differential has been maxed out. this is a reality of some high rated teams. li teams don't get a lot of shots at playing mid atlantic teams with a high rating so when they do...it counts. but this conversation doesn't seem to be about how many goals makes a girl or her team a winner or a lost it seems to be more about the entry of double rostered girls into ranked games that affect the standings---and the required goal differential to move up or down actual positions in rankings. those are very different things. not talking about feeling like winners or losers here, talking about goals required to advance.

if only the affect on the rankings that the 91 national team had will also drop out of the metrics.

So I could travel 4-5 hrs to a tourney, and we could be winning by 7 goals and my kid doesn't get in because we need to win by 9 for rankings sake?
Thats really sad. Idk why parents would put up with that and stay on the team, especially at this age where player development is so important and rankings mean nothing (except to few parets or coaches like yourself)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I could travel 4-5 hrs to a tourney, and we could be winning by 7 goals and my kid doesn't get in because we need to win by 9 for rankings sake?
Thats really sad. Idk why parents would put up with that and stay on the team, especially at this age where player development is so important and rankings mean nothing (except to few parets or coaches like yourself)

If your kid’s team is up by 7 and your kid hasn’t left the bench, it’s not because of the rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excelsior games. Yes or no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excelsior games. Yes or no?

No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American select. yes or no

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First kid playing lax and had the same questions about excelsior games and American select. Seems like money grab since the girls are not close to their recruiting years. However parents on my daughters team are talking about if you don’t get on the teams now then you will be shut out of 3-4 years where it is important to be seen.

I’m conflicted on what to do because of money, time, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid wants to just have fun, Excelsior games is a good experience but it's not very competitive. Nassau and Suffolk are easily the strongest teams. American Select is a competitive tournament and brings in talent from all over the country. It all depends on what type of experience you want for your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First kid playing lax and had the same questions about excelsior games and American select. Seems like money grab since the girls are not close to their recruiting years. However parents on my daughters team are talking about if you don’t get on the teams now then you will be shut out of 3-4 years where it is important to be seen.

I do not think it's true that if you don't start American Select you will be shut out. Every year the 2029 team has different coaches and, theoretically, different evaluators. Not to mention, if your kid plays on a team where they are already seen, it's really not a necessity in 3-4 years anyway. Top reasons people do American Select at this age are #1 FOMO and #2 you think the experience will be worth the money and the travel. As many other people will say, at this age your kid would probably be better served if you saved the money and put it towards training.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything up until 10th grade is a money grab. But….if your kid wants to play more, or get some experience with tryouts and showcases. Then there is some benefit. Just because you make a team as a 7th grader. Doesn’t mean they’ll make it as a sophomore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to lax so the best years for recruiting is 9/10 grade. American select sounds like a grand or so, sure it’s a good experience but might use that money elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alot of money grabs out there best advise for my kid to get better. Private lessons, lax camp etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alot of money grabs out there best advise for my kid to get better. Private lessons, lax camp etc.

Private lessons and small group trainings with other players at her level or slightly better. Practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parents of your daughter’s team are more in tune with things than the other commenters here will let on. Participating in these camps/showcases/clinics/events now definitely fastracks your kid for future endeavors and gets her recognition sooner than later. For example: if you played in Players Open this year, you save the application fee and process next year. And your name is already on file with the Wink endeavors associated with LILJ, Excelsior, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did Wink become God of Long Island Lacrosse? And someone should take his crown because he is more worried about pleasing family members and lining his pockets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best in class. Yes or no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did Wink become God of Long Island Lacrosse? And someone should take his crown because he is more worried about pleasing family members and lining his pockets.

Despite a somewhat torrid history in this sport, he is recently putting on a pretty good show of offerings for girls lacrosse. His LILJ is doing a great job at publicizing the sport and giving recognition to LI girls, his showcases do a (comparatively) good job at providing high quality competition and multi-faceted events, his programs for older girls are top notch and they cross his endeavors over into school ball. You're welcome to grab his "crown" and establish your own kingdom, but you've got a lot of work ahead of you in terms of providing the types of things he is providing for the sport. And yes, it likely comes with its monetary rewards. Some of his programs are indeed expensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best in class. Yes or no?

Not a 2029 event. So no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Despite a somewhat torrid history in this sport, he is recently putting on a pretty good show of offerings for girls lacrosse. His LILJ is doing a great job at publicizing the sport and giving recognition to LI girls, his showcases do a (comparatively) good job at providing high quality competition and multi-faceted events, his programs for older girls are top notch and they cross his endeavors over into school ball. You're welcome to grab his "crown" and establish your own kingdom, but you've got a lot of work ahead of you in terms of providing the types of things he is providing for the sport. And yes, it likely comes with its monetary rewards. Some of his programs are indeed expensive.

He is a money-hungry braggart. If you think he is a good guy, you are mistaken. Period!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think anyone said anything about him being a good guy or accused him of being a charity. He offers a service that people are willing to pay for. It’s that simple. It’s hard to understand the frustration with him if you think that his programs are hogwash. Just don’t enroll and sleep well at night knowing you weren’t part of something you view as a money grab. But I think with the vocalized frustration comes an underlying feeling that your kid is being left out of things that may have some merit. Let’s be honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t think anyone said anything about him being a good guy or accused him of being a charity. He offers a service that people are willing to pay for. It’s that simple. It’s hard to understand the frustration with him if you think that his programs are hogwash. Just don’t enroll and sleep well at night knowing you weren’t part of something you view as a money grab. But I think with the vocalized frustration comes an underlying feeling that your kid is being left out of things that may have some merit. Let’s be honest.

Was just making a general statement about him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You basically need to pay the piper if you want to be on lists, get Instagram posts. Or make certain teams.

However. It’s not just wink. It’s the entire system of club sports. Not just lax.

Not defending it in anyway, but I see it with other sports too. If your kid can play and get better they’ll be fine with any club, showcase or camp they attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately, you have too many people like Wink in decision-making positions that can directly affect the future of your daughter. He is bad for the game of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True lacrosse people who have been around the sport for a long time know Wink and the LILJ are a joke. Pay to be recognized, even if you don’t deserve it!

Regarding his FLG business, it will come to an end soon enough. They have no idea how to run a competitive travel program. His Girls program will follow the same future as his boys program did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything up until 10th grade is a money grab. But….if your kid wants to play more, or get some experience with tryouts and showcases. Then there is some benefit. Just because you make a team as a 7th grader. Doesn’t mean they’ll make it as a sophomore.

Totally agree. My daughter went through all of it and we got [Censored] in too early! Spent a lot of extra money! Use your money for training and getting better. Choose events that include lots of training as part of the event! Not just games.

Make it so the talent/skills are undeniable by 8th/9th grade. Then she should be “playing “ on the best 8th grade club team for her talent level possible. Start worrying about those recruiting events 9th grade on. NO one is looking at any 8th graders anymore! The 9th and 10th grade fall/summer events are the most important as far as recruiting goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True lacrosse people who have been around the sport for a long time know Wink and the LILJ are a joke. Pay to be recognized, even if you don’t deserve it!

Regarding his FLG business, it will come to an end soon enough. They have no idea how to run a competitive travel program. His Girls program will follow the same future as his boys program did.

I Don’t know anything about his club. But the LILJ programs he’s running for the girls in the off seasons of travel have been wonderful for my daughter’s development! He’s offering a lot of opportunity to keep playing for the girls and I know for a fact my daughter benefitted from the extras he has created for LI lacrosse. His staff is also great. The videos we were able to get from his programs and leagues were very valuable to my daughters recruiting efforts. The quality was 1000% better than any summer club tournament video from 500’ away filming. . They have an amazing video guy. We were able to get so many good clips to help in then recruiting process for highlights.

I really do think they provide a much needed service to LI lacrosse community. The clubs have been making so much off the kids forever. They actually bring all the clubs and LI lacrosse kids together to get better together! It is a business and they make money for a very valuable service they are providing. You just have to pick and choose which event to do based on your daughter’s age and abilities.

The LILJ leagues my daughter participated in were great. Playing against the other LI girls definitely made her a better player. They really do provide a great service as far as that is concerned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think tradition 2029 will stay together next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think tradition 2029 will stay together next year?

Look at how many of the 2025’s went D1. 2029’s should stay together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Balance All-America games are 1/3 of the cost of American Select. These games used to be called the Under Armour All-America Games. The senior game for this event is televised live on ESPN and the best players across the country participate in it. American Select is a pure money grab unless your daughter is on the top team, which is black for LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Balance All-America games are 1/3 of the cost of American Select. These games used to be called the Under Armour All-America Games. The senior game for this event is televised live on ESPN and the best players across the country participate in it. American Select is a pure money grab unless your daughter is on the top team, which is black for LI.

Irrelevant here. It is not a 2029 graduation year event, so it is no alternative for what's already being offered. It also attracts no attention unless you're a 91 fanboy.

Further, please allow me to offer a bit of advice with regard to listening to those "it's just a money grab" voices you hear after EVERY event is offered. I can DEFINITIVELY say that that my daughter's acceptance into these exhibitions/camps/showcases/select teams has absolutely put her in front of the right people and has led to being recognized and considered for a key position on her school's team and for some other important things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Irrelevant here. It is not a 2029 graduation year event, so it is no alternative for what's already being offered. It also attracts no attention unless you're a 91 fanboy.

Further, please allow me to offer a bit of advice with regard to listening to those "it's just a money grab" voices you hear after EVERY event is offered. I can DEFINITIVELY say that that my daughter's acceptance into these exhibitions/camps/showcases/select teams has absolutely put her in front of the right people and has led to being recognized and considered for a key position on her school's team and for some other important things.

You are completely out of your mind. But you are probably trying to justify the thousands of dollars you spent on these events. No college coach is looking at 2029s. None. They are working on 2025 and will start to heavily look at 2026s this summer. Signing up for the all American select team in 7th grade is a money grab. Plain and simple. If you think your high school coach is giving your kid playin time based on her selection for the 2029 all Long Island games you are out of your mind.. Most likely your daughter is getting playing time because she is a good player. Her selection to to the all Long Island games has nothing to do with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does NB All American start? I don’t think for 2029s…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NB All American starts in 8th grade. After seeing how American select was run, I look forward to seeing how this tryout goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing your child didn’t make Black? Other than one girl, I thought tryouts had a fair outcome. Top Guns significantly underrepresented for a highly ranked team but I don’t think there were many TG girls at the tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are completely out of your mind. But you are probably trying to justify the thousands of dollars you spent on these events. No college coach is looking at 2029s. None. They are working on 2025 and will start to heavily look at 2026s this summer. Signing up for the all American select team in 7th grade is a money grab. Plain and simple. If you think your high school coach is giving your kid playin time based on her selection for the 2029 all Long Island games you are out of your mind.. Most likely your daughter is getting playing time because she is a good player. Her selection to to the all Long Island games has nothing to do with it.

While nobody has ever made the argument that colleges are watching 7th graders, you could absolutely take a look at the sports recruits page of any D1 committed 12th grader and see that they were collecting resume bullets all the way back in 2017. These things matter. They pave the way and get your foot in the door.

Also, you can't dismiss the fact that being a return participant/applicant for one of these programs has an effect on participating again in the future for the years that do attract college attention. Being a participant now does absolutely get you preferential treatment for future endeavors, both within that program and within its affiliate networks.

Whether it's a school coach or a select team coach, sometimes already being validated by another program helps make the decision between two prospects.

No matter your position on the worthiness of these events, they certainly have more merit than sitting on the couch and playing video games as you mutter that everyone else is wasting their money. Experiences are experiences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]Guessing your child didn’t make Black? Other than one girl, I thought tryouts had a fair outcome. Top Guns significantly underrepresented for a highly ranked team but I don’t think there were many TG girls at the tryout.[/quote]
She did not make black but was offered Red which we politely declined. We were hoping that “The tryout process will be unlike any other, with collegiate coaches evaluating and selecting players. Club coaches will not be selecting the teams.”
Were some girls preordained with a spot on Black and Red? Did YJ make sure to take care of their own? Could the same happen with NB AA depending on who runs it for them for LI? YES to all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While nobody has ever made the argument that colleges are watching 7th graders, you could absolutely take a look at the sports recruits page of any D1 committed 12th grader and see that they were collecting resume bullets all the way back in 2017. These things matter. They pave the way and get your foot in the door.

Also, you can't dismiss the fact that being a return participant/applicant for one of these programs has an effect on participating again in the future for the years that do attract college attention. Being a participant now does absolutely get you preferential treatment for future endeavors, both within that program and within its affiliate networks.

Whether it's a school coach or a select team coach, sometimes already being validated by another program helps make the decision between two prospects.

No matter your position on the worthiness of these events, they certainly have more merit than sitting on the couch and playing video games as you mutter that everyone else is wasting their money. Experiences are experiences.

If you want to spend thousands on these events in 7th grade then go for it. I have no issue with what people spend their money on. My point was simple. These events at this age have no value when it comes to recruiting later on. No college coach is going to care you got selected to the All American select games in 7th grade. And your point kind of solidifies my argument. If getting selected one year gives you preferential treatment shouldn’t it just be the best players selected? My kids continually get “invites” to Apex games etc. They have never even tried out.

College coaches are paid to be at these events. And if you notice it’s always assistants at these events. It’s a side hustle for them because they don’t make any money. That’s how they market it. This is my 4th kid in travel. Based on my experience there’s way more value in spending money on propspect days as they get older. Your kid will get a much better look than a few minutes of playing time on a team with a roster of 25. And like I said…..they aren’t looking at any 7th, 8th or even 9th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]Guessing your child didn’t make Black? Other than one girl, I thought tryouts had a fair outcome. Top Guns significantly underrepresented for a highly ranked team but I don’t think there were many TG girls at the tryout.
She did not make black but was offered Red which we politely declined. We were hoping that “The tryout process will be unlike any other, with collegiate coaches evaluating and selecting players. Club coaches will not be selecting the teams.”
Were some girls preordained with a spot on Black and Red? Did YJ make sure to take care of their own? Could the same happen with NB AA depending on who runs it for them for LI? YES to all[/quote]

American Select's black team has 24 girls on it. They are all YJ and 91 girls. YJ and 91's A teams have a total of almost 50 girls on them. These are the two top ranked teams on Long Island, both in the top six ranked teams in the nation this year. Is it not possible that the best 50% of each of the two best teams on Long Island result in the best roster on Long Island, especially when considering those who didn't even show up? College coaches validating reality isn't necessary corruption.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]Guessing your child didn’t make Black? Other than one girl, I thought tryouts had a fair outcome. Top Guns significantly underrepresented for a highly ranked team but I don’t think there were many TG girls at the tryout.
Were some girls preordained with a spot on Black and Red? Did YJ make sure to take care of their own? Could the same happen with NB AA depending on who runs it for them for LI? YES to all[/quote]

The problem with your argument is that the girls who were selected are indeed elite girls that participate in every elite event that you hear about. Has your daughter ever outperformed a 91 or YJ A girl somewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to spend thousands on these events in 7th grade then go for it. I have no issue with what people spend their money on. My point was simple. These events at this age have no value when it comes to recruiting later on. No college coach is going to care you got selected to the All American select games in 7th grade. And your point kind of solidifies my argument. If getting selected one year gives you preferential treatment shouldn’t it just be the best players selected? My kids continually get “invites” to Apex games etc. They have never even tried out.

College coaches are paid to be at these events. And if you notice it’s always assistants at these events. It’s a side hustle for them because they don’t make any money. That’s how they market it. This is my 4th kid in travel. Based on my experience there’s way more value in spending money on propspect days as they get older. Your kid will get a much better look than a few minutes of playing time on a team with a roster of 25. And like I said…..they aren’t looking at any 7th, 8th or even 9th graders.

It’s like anything else- if your kid is on TGA this year, she’s more likely to be on TGA again next year, partially because “they got it right” by flagging her as the best at the position, partially because she’s someone the team can already rely on as a loyal participant in the program and she’s given them no reason to look elsewhere. Same applies to all of these select teams. It’s an error in logic to assume that a girl who was reinvited isn’t also a good selection.

APEX is the bowels of girls lacrosse. You put four girls through travel and didn’t realize that? Their spam is not an invite. A true “invite” for these types of showcases involves complimentary participation and doesn’t occur frequently at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s like anything else- if your kid is on TGA this year, she’s more likely to be on TGA again next year, partially because “they got it right” by flagging her as the best at the position, partially because she’s someone the team can already rely on as a loyal participant in the program and she’s given them no reason to look elsewhere. Same applies to all of these select teams. It’s an error in logic to assume that a girl who was reinvited isn’t also a good selection.

APEX is the bowels of girls lacrosse. You put four girls through travel and didn’t realize that? Their spam is not an invite. A true “invite” for these types of showcases involves complimentary participation and doesn’t occur frequently at this age.

The Apex comment was sarcasm. Obviously you aren’t very bright. Carol Rose and her friends from Steps literally own this event(and the 2 biggest lax events over the summer) They are laughing all the way to the bank. The black rosters are literally 98 percent yellow jackets. I know multiple girls who weren’t selected when with top guns, jesters etc and then switched to yellow jackets and then magically made the black team the next year. She will never put a top guns person on the black roster due to her longstanding feud with Shannon Smith. The same applies for the all Long Island games (another carol rose/flg owned event)

And again you are still deflecting. No college coach is looking at your 7th grade girl. And no college coach will care that your daughter was selected to the black team in 7th grade.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard