Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Sounds like double rostering to me.

Team 91 considers it the same since they own all the teams. National teams on the boys level is very common. It’s just starting on the girls level. As long as you are playing for you “club” I don’t see why it is a big deal. You can’t play on your national team and regular team in same tournament.

I wouldn't disagree with you if it weren't for the fact that the games actually count in the season-long national ratings for all teams that play a national team and the domino affect on the rest of the ratings. I'd love the idea of these "National Teams" if they didn't count and didn't count for anyone playing against them, especially if there were "off-season national teams" that allow a little bit of fun in the winter.

Because we are talking about "ethics" here, it doesn't matter if the hypothetical I'm going to give you here is 100% accurate. It just COULD happen, or could almost happen:

Urban Elite enters a California Tournament with a 90.75 rating. They find themselves facing an unranked team, "91 National." However, the star players are the girls they have faced before and will face again later in the season when they play as "91 Roar." 91 Roar is ranked at 97.76. Urban Elite ties the team. You'd figure it would have an impact on their rating of +7 points. Nope. Based on the National team being unranked, their ranking begins somewhere in the mid to high 80's. This tied game winds up dropping their ranking and rating. Fast forward to June. Top Guns faces Urban Elite. The two teams would have had similar ratings/rankings entering the competition. However, Urban Elite's rating was artificially affected by the last matchup against 91. So now the expected goal differential is significantly higher than it would have been. Now Top Guns has to blow out a team that is likely close in ability to them. Urban Elite loses by 2, which would usually have no major affect on their rankings, but they are part of this whole debacle. So now their rating has gone up by 8 points because the expected goal differential was 10 points. And guess who they are facing next? 91 Roar- who gets another crack at them with a new artificially enhanced rating.

While this is only satire- some of it could happen. And that "could" is what makes it unethical to play the same girls against the same teams throughout the same season. Even if it's just one of them. None of use can calculate "how many" girls make a difference on a roster.

I laughed at this post. Then I saw the updated rankings and I'm wondering if Nostradamus has a lacrosse daughter.