BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,841
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 77 of 220 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop complaining. If you’re not happy, go over to YJ and make friends with our favorite overweight Psycho mama bear. I’m sure she can hook you up and get you on a blue team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" she is not granted a spot because of who I know, she is one of the rare girls on Long Island that has earned her way by hard work,"
So which is it there are lots of girls like your daughter or she is one of the rare ones? You really are a complete moron,get over yourself .Your example with the high school team is ridiculous, maybe the kid who made varsity but plays purple has a connection at the high school, maybe the travel coaches and the high school coach have an honest difference of opinion.You must be one of those nightmare parents on the sideline when one of those kids you feel in your "expert" opinion does not belong makes a mistake.Not everything comes down to politics maybe the kid is just better than yours at lacrosse, barely anyone cares.Rare girls on long island,too funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I truely believe you both sound like idiots one is talking about young girls and the other about someone that Im sure you dont even know. What is wrong with you two

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
" she is not granted a spot because of who I know, she is one of the rare girls on Long Island that has earned her way by hard work,"
So which is it there are lots of girls like your daughter or she is one of the rare ones? You really are a complete moron,get over yourself .Your example with the high school team is ridiculous, maybe the kid who made varsity but plays purple has a connection at the high school, maybe the travel coaches and the high school coach have an honest difference of opinion.You must be one of those nightmare parents on the sideline when one of those kids you feel in your "expert" opinion does not belong makes a mistake.Not everything comes down to politics maybe the kid is just better than yours at lacrosse, barely anyone cares.Rare girls on long island,too funny

And we digress..........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see you are a Top Guns Parent through and through, and no matter what anyone says Top guns is the best

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop complaining. If you’re not happy, go over to YJ and make friends with our favorite overweight Psycho mama bear. I’m sure she can hook you up and get you on a blue team.
I'm not quite sure what this means, or what it has to do with this topic. Please explain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think a change of topic is sorely needed, so here goes.
What goes on with the rest of you TG parents as far as throwing in the $500 deposit due right away? Sure wish we had the chance to roll dice with other clubs. I am wondering why they wait so long to announce the rosters, is it because people string out the commitment until YJ tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will not announce rosters till all the deposits are in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What goes on with the rest of you TG parents as far as throwing in the $500 deposit due right away? Sure wish we had the chance to roll dice with other clubs. I am wondering why they wait so long to announce the rosters, is it because people string out the commitment until YJ tryouts?

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Why do you care what other people do. Make up your mind and move along.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Exactly...make a decision!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

They want you deposit so you can't go and hedge your bet! Accept your spot on the team you made pay the $500. Then go try out for YJ and if you make a higher team there then you can jump ship and the Smith family will go out to dinner on you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

They want you deposit so you can't go and hedge your bet! Accept your spot on the team you made pay the $500. Then go try out for YJ and if you make a higher team there then you can jump ship and the Smith family will go out to dinner on you!

Why the need to use the deposit tactic to corner someone? If they have confidence in their product they shouldn't care if a player tries out for 10 teams...right? Ultimately a family should be able to make this decision without pressure from the Smiths, CR or any other club owners or anyone else for that matter. Remember, without us families they have no club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Can't imagine anyone walking away from a $500 deposit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were that sure of your Daughter's abilities and wanted to change programs you never would try out for Top Guns in the first place. Going into tryouts you know what your choices are.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
If you were that sure of your Daughter's abilities and wanted to change programs you never would try out for Top Guns in the first place. Going into tryouts you know what your choices are.

There's other reasons to choose clubs than your daughter's abilities. Practice location, coach assigned to team, wanting to be with friends. Just sayin'.

Also saying I'm not a fan of the spread out tryout season in lacrosse, or the fact that you are trying out for a team where you may or may not know who the coach is ahead of time. It's hard to make an informed decision when you may not have all the info, and when you are forced to decide before being able to check out all the clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. A TG black looking to move is not assured a spot on YJ top or second team even if she may deserve it. You roll the dice and politics become involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the need to use the deposit tactic to corner someone? If they have confidence in their product they shouldn't care if a player tries out for 10 teams...right? Ultimately a family should be able to make this decision without pressure from the Smiths, CR or any other club owners or anyone else for that matter. Remember, without us families they have no club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLEASE .... because its a huge for profit business that we all play in to thats why. This is not volunteer work they ar are doing . HUGE BUSINESS and that why there are new clubs forming everyday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So following that logic TG should not take deposits and offer roster spots and just hope that the girls show up for the tournaments in June. Remember without players they will not have a club. This is a business people. TG has done it this way for all four years. SS had to hold tryouts early so she could get back to college. It has worked out well. No one is being cornered. You brought your daughter to tryouts it was your choice. Accept the invitation to purple or white or move on. The next girl on the depth chart will gladly take your spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So following that logic TG should not take deposits and offer roster spots and just hope that the girls show up for the tournaments in June. Remember without players they will not have a club. This is a business people. TG has done it this way for all four years. SS had to hold tryouts early so she could get back to college. It has worked out well. No one is being cornered. You brought your daughter to tryouts it was your choice. Accept the invitation to purple or white or move on. The next girl on the depth chart will gladly take your spot.

Accepting offer from purple or white not the issue here. Its black player looking to move, not worth risk landing on second blue or whatever they call it. Its a case where if your looking to move you need to secure a spot on black with 500, try out for blue and if you make it walk away from the 500. It is a cornered situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Accepting offer from purple or white not the issue here. Its black player looking to move, not worth risk landing on second blue or whatever they call it. Its a case where if your looking to move you need to secure a spot on black with 500, try out for blue and if you make it walk away from the 500. It is a cornered situation.

You cornered yourself, with your "grass is always greener" logic. Go ahead and move on. Obviously, you have no loyalty to TG's and you're not happy. But, I wouldn't be so sure she'll end up on the "2nd Blue" team. Good chance it'll be the 1st Yellow, with some other TG Black castaways...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a certain genius to how TG has this figured out. It is much much easier for them to attract talent. Example, lets say any given player for any given club wants to take a shot at making a TG team, shoot for stars, see the offer come in, if you don't like it, go back to your own club no harm done( loss of 35 dollar tryout fee). Well if you play for TG, that scenario does not exist, unless you want to walk away from the deposit money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the white team is as equal as the Purple,then why is purple headed to fall tournaments and the white is not.
BTW,,,,,,,we sent in the check and she will play for Black, again.
We just have good friends who are on Purple.
SAT / ACT scores is where you will find more $$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You cornered yourself, with your "grass is always greener" logic. Go ahead and move on. Obviously, you have no loyalty to TG's and you're not happy. But, I wouldn't be so sure she'll end up on the "2nd Blue" team. Good chance it'll be the 1st Yellow, with some other TG Black castaways...

Bill and Shannon have tryouts when they do and require the deposit now to directly tie down those thinking of another club. From their own mouths by the way. There is no loyalty from their end either. Be careful, your kid who's in her 2nd year on TGs may get tossed aside like several others have.....loyalty......lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how does white stack up. Deposits in any practices to get them to gel as soon as possible.

If not, then you know they are not taking as serious as the rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bill and Shannon have tryouts when they do and require the deposit now to directly tie down those thinking of another club. From their own mouths by the way. There is no loyalty from their end either. Be careful, your kid who's in her 2nd year on TGs may get tossed aside like several others have.....loyalty......lol

Everyone knows thats how it works, when you decide to tryout. Now they can also set the teams up for fall. It's not her 2nd year, but thanks for the warning, and good luck wherever you end up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how does white stack up. Deposits in any practices to get them to gel as soon as possible.

If not, then you know they are not taking as serious as the rest.

Last year, the black and purple teams that I knew of didn't practice in the fall either. They started with fall tournaments, then winter league, then practices started up in the spring. So if white doesn't practice right away, it might not mean they're not being taken seriously. You might have to wait a little longer to find that out, is all I'm saying. Hopefully, they're taken seriously (I think they will be, based on 2018 white), and they're competitive, and the girls gel, and have fun. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did it early knowing the player who was a solid YJ blue player would not show up or switch over but hoping that some of the fringe blue and second teams would show up because they were almost guaranteed to make TG black and that is exactly what happened. Most of your best kids still play YJ because they know they will be placed on YJ top team ,may change in future but has not yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did it early knowing the player who was a solid YJ blue player would not show up or switch over but hoping that some of the fringe blue and second teams would show up because they were almost guaranteed to make TG black and that is exactly what happened. Most of your best kids still play YJ because they know they will be placed on YJ top team ,may change in future but has not yet.

The best players are equally split between YJ and TG. That is why TG are as good or better than YJ teams in half the age groups. It has happened and is trending away from YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what happened to the previous black players and what year are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if Purple and White are Equal, then tell me why White is not going to any of the fall Tournaments ?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
NCAA Women's Lacrosse Summary Statistics - Recruiting Facts

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if Purple and White are Equal, then tell me why White is not going to any of the fall Tournaments ?

I don't think they're equal, but are you talking about 2017?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What fall tournaments? Has any info gone out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Fall Tourney schedule is supposed to be out this weekend It is for the 2017 2016 & 2015 years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
NCAA Women's Lacrosse Summary Statistics - Recruiting Facts

[Linked Image]
Keep paying for those private lessons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes 2017, I only state this as someone previously told me I knew nothing about the White team and how and why it was created, the reasons to create the White team is simple:

1. REVENUE !!!!!!!
2. They are only in 9th grade, take them in and if they turn into a stud player,,, BINGO if not,,,,,refer to reason #1 (REVENUE!!!!)
Any other reasons someone may think of needs to see the forest from the trees.

As to earlier posts about LOYALTY,,,,,,,please give me a break,,,,,they want your money,,,,, most 2017 players purple players have been around for years, when the team needed to improve and asked for a second practice each week where was the Loyalty when each player had to show up with CASH.
The Smiths are running a business and feel you should be loyal to their product.
They are Loyal to the Ben Franklin's they are stashing away.

I am not complaining here, just being a realist, let the girls go out and work hard but also sign them up for the PSAT class and sign them up for community service programs, in other words don't put all your eggs in the Lax basket folks or your in for a rude awakening and something your daughter will live with.

THere is a lot more opportunity for WIS (Woman in Science)

Best of Luck to all of you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes 2017, I only state this as someone previously told me I knew nothing about the White team and how and why it was created, the reasons to create the White team is simple:

1. REVENUE !!!!!!!
2. They are only in 9th grade, take them in and if they turn into a stud player,,, BINGO if not,,,,,refer to reason #1 (REVENUE!!!!)
Any other reasons someone may think of needs to see the forest from the trees.

As to earlier posts about LOYALTY,,,,,,,please give me a break,,,,,they want your money,,,,, most 2017 players purple players have been around for years, when the team needed to improve and asked for a second practice each week where was the Loyalty when each player had to show up with CASH.
The Smiths are running a business and feel you should be loyal to their product.
They are Loyal to the Ben Franklin's they are stashing away.

I am not complaining here, just being a realist, let the girls go out and work hard but also sign them up for the PSAT class and sign them up for community service programs, in other words don't put all your eggs in the Lax basket folks or your in for a rude awakening and something your daughter will live with.

THere is a lot more opportunity for WIS (Woman in Science)

Best of Luck to all of you.

Yes, it's a business, just like ALL the other travel programs. I hope everyone knows that by now. My daughter's team also paid for extra practices, and I don't have a problem with that. You want them for free? Then all the teams have to be offered extra practices for free...like you said - it's a business. Let's move on, and also like you said - good luck to all the girls! Have fun at the fall 7v7's, and in the winter leagues!

Like Reply Quote
Page 77 of 220 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard