BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,742
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 102 of 132 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 131 132
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The game has passed by the ndp coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone please explain why parents are evaluators at all american? is that not a conflict of interest. shameful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
can someone please explain why parents are evaluators at all american? is that not a conflict of interest. shameful

This needs more context….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what needs more context ? yesterday was baltimore tryouts for Under Armour/All American and they had a parent be an evaluator in their daughter's age group and sit in on the meeting for choosing the players who get a roster spot. plus this coach is a 25 coach so players from her team were being evaluated. that is what the conflict of interest is. these parents worm their way in to everything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the OP. I had a daughter at 25 tryouts. Saw a good number of evaluators, like 12. 3 coaches from different IAAM schools at least. At least people from 4 different clubs. Matter of fact I saw people that have been around lax for quite a while. I am willing to bet that there will be complaints as usual while the team that was selected will be very good. I appreciated seeing the competive stations. Games with lots of action for the girls and the call back game was played like real game and you could see some standing head and shoulders above others. I did notice the 24s didn’t have a large turnout but they had 4 evaluators I think watching the 30 girls that came out. The 30 there looked to be very strong too. Did not see the younger age group.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems self-explanatory. Must have been the 26-27 session.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably because a girl made it last year when her father was a evaluator and they feel she would not have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably because a girl made it last year when her father was a evaluator and they feel she would not have

Is the parent a reputable coach?
How long they been coaching? What's their resume?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's dads ruled the tryouts and how does the gerstell daughter make the cut??
clearly they were subpar in the final game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the final rosters out? I'm curious as to who made it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Gerstell situation is unfortunate. Not a bad player, but in no way near the level of play of the callbacks at this tryout. Much better players in that position were cut, even before the call-back game. Sports parenting gone awry, and awkward for the player. I can see throwing the coaches a bone if it's close, but the event director should have stepped in on this one. It's a bad look for an event that they keep insisting is 100% fair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2A-Glenelg @ Manchester valley?
3A- Mt. Hebron @ Westminster?
1A South Carroll @ Liberty?

Who is winning tonight

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is winning tonight

The 2A matchup should be a great one! I still find it insane there is a 2A region with Century, Glenelg and MV. Best 3 teams in the 2A and 2 of the 3 are easily the top 2 public school teams in the state. Winner should win the 2A state title.

Hebron upset MR and could knock off Westminster. Liberty will win a 3rd state title in a light 1A class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]can someone please explain why parents are evaluators at all american? is that not a conflict of interest. shameful[/q'
This loses credibility more and more every year. Unless you play for the coaches club team/school. you have such a slim chance of making it. It is not what it used to be and that is probably why there wasn't a huge turnout for specific years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Gerstell situation is unfortunate. Not a bad player, but in no way near the level of play of the callbacks at this tryout. Much better players in that position were cut, even before the call-back game. Sports parenting gone awry, and awkward for the player. I can see throwing the coaches a bone if it's close, but the event director should have stepped in on this one. It's a bad look for an event that they keep insisting is 100% fair.

And what was up with the goalie situation? I saw a lot of good goalies trying out and what I watched in the call back game was not the best I noticed on the field before. As a Dad of a defensive player, these high-level teams need athletic goalies. Athleticism has to be considered for these goalie positions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what was up with the goalie situation? I saw a lot of good goalies trying out and what I watched in the call back game was not the best I noticed on the field before. As a Dad of a defensive player, these high-level teams need athletic goalies. Athleticism has to be considered for these goalie positions.[/quote]

Please Gerstell Dad. unbelievable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All American is a joke unless you play for the coaches or evaluators outside of the tryouts. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what was up with the goalie situation? I saw a lot of good goalies trying out and what I watched in the call back game was not the best I noticed on the field before. As a Dad of a defensive player, these high-level teams need athletic goalies. Athleticism has to be considered for these goalie positions.

Please Gerstell Dad. unbelievable.[/quote]

What happened with the Gerstell Dad? Is he the Gerstell coach? His daughter made it and shouldn't have? Inquiring minds want to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All American is a joke unless you play for the coaches or evaluators outside of the tryouts. End of story.

Total joke dads
check out the 2026 All American roster
https://events.r2it.com/lacrosse/AllAmerica23/Roster/Division/Underclass
the girls not chosen would make a better team than that final roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s called politics. Get used to it or don’t try out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerstell has 2 girls make the 26 team and one goalie played JV at BMS but plays for the Gerstell coaches club team. Sounds legit for players from a team with zero wins and JV. No way there were better players out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok defense dad. Stay in your own lane because you don't know what you are talking about. There were a lot of good goalies there, and the 4 they kept for the callback game were all solid goalies and deserving. What a clown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^sounds like something a tryout evaluator would say

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Just an observant parent with four kids who have gone through club lacrosse and all its BS over the years. Either try out and deal with the politics involved, or move on. It hasn’t changed in 10 years, it’s not going to change in the next 10. Local coaches will always be the coaches and evaluators and they will always put their players first. It’s not even close to rocket science. Every year people come on here and [Censored] about the way teams are picked. Nothing about the process has changed so blame yourself for thinking it would this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is winning tonight

The 2A matchup should be a great one! I still find it insane there is a 2A region with Century, Glenelg and MV. Best 3 teams in the 2A and 2 of the 3 are easily the top 2 public school teams in the state. Winner should win the 2A state title.

Hebron upset MR and could knock off Westminster. Liberty will win a 3rd state title in a light 1A class.

It was a great one. Man Valley pulled it out 10-9 in OT, now they have the tall task of playing Northeast HS of Anne Arundel County, who beat Duval 8-7. This MPSSAA system is a joke.

2A has 1. Man Valley vs 8. Northeast (AA)

4/5 CMW vs Decatur

2. Middletown vs coin flip lost of 7. Hereford or Eastern Tech

3. Calvert vs Coin flip winner of 6. Herford or Eastern Tech

Calvert, Eastern Tech, and Northeast (AA) can't touch any of those other schools left standing, let alone Century and Glenelg. There has to be a better way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Just an observant parent with four kids who have gone through club lacrosse and all its BS over the years. Either try out and deal with the politics involved, or move on. It hasn’t changed in 10 years, it’s not going to change in the next 10. Local coaches will always be the coaches and evaluators and they will always put their players first. It’s not even close to rocket science. Every year people come on here and [Censored] about the way teams are picked. Nothing about the process has changed so blame yourself for thinking it would this year.
100%^…it’s sad because young girls wants to try out & think it’s going to be a legit tryout - hasn’t been legit in a long time & is losing its “clout”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is winning tonight

It was a great one. Man Valley pulled it out 10-9 in OT, now they have the tall task of playing Northeast HS of Anne Arundel County, who beat Duval 8-7. This MPSSAA system is a joke.

4/5 CMW vs Decatur

Calvert, Eastern Tech, and Northeast (AA) can't touch any of those other schools left standing, let alone Century and Glenelg. There has to be a better way.

Sorry Northeast beat Douglass 20-2. Regardless, it won't be close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerstell has 2 girls make the 26 team and one goalie played JV at BMS but plays for the Gerstell coaches club team. Sounds legit for players from a team with zero wins and JV. No way there were better players out there.

Wait until those JV players and JV goalies go up against these other teams with players who have had the experience of faster games. No doubt JV and Varsity teams are different. If girls can’t make their varsity high school teams as a 25 or 26, should they be in this situation? Not fair to the other players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is winning tonight

4/5 CMW vs Decatur

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

4/5 CMW vs Decatur

Calvert, Eastern Tech, and Northeast (AA) can't touch any of those other schools left standing, let alone Century and Glenelg. There has to be a better way.[/quote]

What is the better way? The system is geographically based. There is no easy way to do it when Western MD is 5 hrs from Ocean City and Elkton is 4 hrs from California. There are almost 300 high schools in MD, the only way to do it is geographically. The regions are seeded based on records. Not everyone can play the same teams, so you make the best of your schedule and see where you end up. If you play tougher competition, you risk losses, but also challenge your team more. The past few years, all 4 defending state champs have played a 4 team tourney in season so the champs can face each other.

If you make it out of your region, they re-seed the winners for the state tournament, to try to get the better teams on opposite sides. We all know that the majority of top lax clubs are in the central MD area, so it makes sense that the top high school programs will be as well. And the top schools and top coaches will continue to put out good teams vs those with lesser coaching. So unfortunately, top teams will be in the same region in many cases. It is what it is.

Just dont get all the detest for the system - what is the better option?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Select will have the same political influence. It is what it is. We all can predict true girls on that final roster before tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the 2025 side at AA tryouts, don't think there was anyone from SW there evaluating and they are well repped. Of course no one is ever going to be happy about the way things go unless their kid makes it, but on the 2025 side, it appears to be a pretty solid roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While you're correct that it will never change, if you already had four kids go through club lacrosse, why the *&^% are you on this site reading parent comments? If new parents are just coming to the realization that the local Baltimore lax scene is run by bozo overgrown lax bros that never found a real job and reward their coaching buddies by giving spots to undeserving kids, please just let them [Censored].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total joke dads
check out the 2026 All American roster
https://events.r2it.com/lacrosse/AllAmerica23/Roster/Division/Underclass
the girls not chosen would make a better team than that final roster

Every year you stunads come on here and complain about the selection process. How many championships did the Baltimore Command and highlight teams win the last 5 years? All three teams this year will do alright!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the 2025 side at AA tryouts, don't think there was anyone from SW there evaluating and they are well repped. Of course no one is ever going to be happy about the way things go unless their kid makes it, but on the 2025 side, it appears to be a pretty solid roster.

The 2025 team is stacked. There are a few girls on the roster who probably should not be on there, made it because of certain evaluators being their club and high school coaches, but other than those few, the team will be hard to beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2025 team is stacked. There are a few girls on the roster who probably should not be on there, made it because of certain evaluators being their club and high school coaches, but other than those few, the team will be hard to beat.

Top 2/3 of roster is a no brainer. Last 1/3 is tough to seperate some for others. Looks like all positions represented too. I think this team is stacked as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While you're correct that it will never change, if you already had four kids go through club lacrosse, why the *&^% are you on this site reading parent comments? If new parents are just coming to the realization that the local Baltimore lax scene is run by bozo overgrown lax bros that never found a real job and reward their coaching buddies by giving spots to undeserving kids, please just let them [Censored].
I never said I was done with club lacrosse, I said my kids have gone through club. I’m a coach who no longer participates in these events because I don’t believe in the nepotism and favoritism that goes along with them and I will continue to try to dissuade families from participating. The process is so unprofessional it’s pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several of the top players came over to AA this year from American Select. It will definitely hurt American Select this year. Last year they didn’t fair so well even with them on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and if you were there and listened to the speech of the organizer this is so hypocritical it's actually funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several of the top players came over to AA this year from American Select. It will definitely hurt American Select this year. Last year they didn’t fair so well even with them on the team.

Didn't the MD 2026 team win American Select last year? How did they not fare well?

Like Reply Quote
Page 102 of 132 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 131 132
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard