BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,702
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 96 of 132 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 131 132
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GCS A Champs 2023...you heard it here first. #rollgons

Kinda have to agree as St Pauls isn't infallible and while McDonogh is good they still give up enough goals to be concerned against good teams as it looks like McD is giving up about 8 plus goals a game GCS could finally win it in their final year of relevance

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will lose four out of the next seven. Maybe five

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm, what? Would expect both McD and SPSG to beat GCS this year. GCS has had weak results since NDP win.

Don’t know what to expect from GCS to finish off the regular season as they seem to play both up and down to their competition. They have beaten a few of the bottom half teams by only 1 goal but managed wins against visitation, Spaulding and other better teams. But they are at least winning against the bottom half teams.

I do however have an issue with with saying the NDP win was a solid win. NDP hasn’t beaten a private school yet this month and got absolutely crushed by STM, a 2 win team at the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ummm, what? Would expect both McD and SPSG to beat GCS this year. GCS has had weak results since NDP win.

Don’t know what to expect from GCS to finish off the regular season as they seem to play both up and down to their competition. They have beaten a few of the bottom half teams by only 1 goal but managed wins against visitation, Spaulding and other better teams. But they are at least winning against the bottom half teams.

I do however have an issue with with saying the NDP win was a solid win. NDP hasn’t beaten a private school yet this month and got absolutely crushed by STM, a 2 win team at the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All quiet on the SPSG v McD post-game chatter front this morning.
Shh. No one outside those two schools wants to hear about it anyway.
At least MG didn't whine about injuries like last year when SPSG lost a regular season game
Or speak to reporters claiming they lost because “we are a young team” (which they aren’t)

Not a spsg or gcs fan but a big fan of actual facts so I thought I would copy the quote from MG so everyone can decide as I don’t see excuses being made and have gcs credit imo.

“No excuses. They were the way better team today, but I wish we had had a little more time to regroup,” St. Paul’s coach Mary Gagnon said. “At one point … we had [senior] Madison [Beale] and four freshmen [on defense]. We couldn’t make the stops that we needed to get a rally going. Then the wheels just kind of came off.

“Some of the young players weren’t quite ready. Then you step into a game like this with all seniors … it’s a good learning experience for us. They panicked a little. They’re kids. They saw Natalie go out, they know that we’re down starters. We were out of our rhythm, forcing shots.”

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will lose four out of the next seven. Maybe five

I agree. GCS will likely lose 4-5 games. They are marginal in areas including fundamentals. Offense, draws and lack of team speed are apparent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess we'll see when GCS plays McD, Maryvale, and SPSG. GCS could be primed to prove nay-sayers wrong but that's a tough stretch.

Rematch of SPSG and McD in final seems like good possibility. Would be great rematch.

McD looks poised to roll the A Conference next year with just a couple of seniors graduating this year, but that's next year so we'll deal with that later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also agree. GCS will lose many of the next few games. Next year will be the end of them. No new incomers and a few players leaving for better teams per girls on the team.

This year It will be down to St Paul’s and McD in the championship. Thinking St Paul can pull it off….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm actually surprised at the success GCS has had thus far especially with the number of girls who aren't playing. Obviously the next two weeks are big for them, but I'd give them a decent shot at making the championship game. I don't see them winning. But as stated previously, this is their best shot at winning because the future isn't bright.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm actually surprised at the success GCS has had thus far especially with the number of girls who aren't playing. Obviously the next two weeks are big for them, but I'd give them a decent shot at making the championship game. I don't see them winning. But as stated previously, this is their best shot at winning because the future isn't bright.

Just curious....How does a program like GCS stay relevant given the amount of players graduating this year and next, and no JV team, and based on other posts, no real incoming players? Just curious if other schools have ran into similar situations in sports whether it be lax or otherwise and do these schools just not field teams anymore?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the relevant public school teams this season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glenelg HS, Liberty, Century, Man Valley, Towson, Broadneck, Severna Park. Hereford and Marriots Ridge depending if they step up their game a little. Basically the same group as always.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NONE ZIP ZERO. Public schools think they’re relevant but in hindsight can’t compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NONE ZIP ZERO. Public schools think they’re relevant but in hindsight can’t compete.

Neither can all but the top 4 teams in the IAAM, so unless its SPSG, McD, GCS (for one more year), and MAYBE Maryvale, Spalding, or NDP depending if they're having a good day, no one is relevant. That's a heck of a take.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither can all but the top 4 teams in the IAAM, so unless its SPSG, McD, GCS (for one more year), and MAYBE Maryvale, Spalding, or NDP depending if they're having a good day, no one is relevant. That's a heck of a take.

Spot on-I am pretty sure the bottom half of IAAM would lose to the aforementioned public schools and many of these irrelevant public schools can also compete with the top teams. Sounds like you just want to justify why you're paying for your kid to play sport in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't compare private-public school athletic programs such as lacrosse (apples and oranges)...especially in the areas surrounding the Baltimore metro where attending private schools can be par for the course for lots of families and location-wise very accessible.

Many, although not all, top athletes end up going to the surrounding private schools (for many reasons) leaving the local public schools more in deficit the athletic areas--hence not as competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll take GCS over McD this week… the dragons have some premier stars. The GCS legacy will be established this year… keep sleeping… head coach going out with a bang

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from an inside source that many of GCS girls are not actually hurt. The lack of Athletic Director and athletic training on campus is really getting to the girls' heads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The GCS women’s lacrosse program are in such a big hole right now they couldn’t pull themselves out with a million shovels. This team has the commits but none of them want to show up and play. Terrible coaching…chemistry between the girls is worse than the 2032 Hero’s team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a GCS backer, but they keep winning so not sure how much of a hole they are in. Tomorrow will be a good test. I don't think they can beat McD, but stranger things have happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously they couldn't pull themselves out of a hole with shovels. That would only dig them deeper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The GCS women’s lacrosse program are in such a big hole right now they couldn’t pull themselves out with a million shovels. This team has the commits but none of them want to show up and play. Terrible coaching…chemistry between the girls is worse than the 2032 Hero’s team.

Are you ok? I am getting very concerned for your well being. Are you still missing your shovel from the sandbox?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach has taken them to two C championships(won both), three B championships(won all 3) and has been top 4 seed every year since moving up to A, with two semi appearances and one championship appearance. But you’re right, terrible coaching. Congratulations to her success over the years. She has earned her retirement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard from an inside source that many of GCS girls are not actually hurt. The lack of Athletic Director and athletic training on campus is really getting to the girls' heads.

Is your "inside source" a Randal or something? I thought the team was healthy? Comical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows that BR built that program. Not the current coach. GCS was irrelevant before him and will be soon. He recruited and built the team that has had success in A conf. School felt so confident in PW that they hired another coach to help her this year. Not a good sign.

The coach has taken them to two C championships(won both), three B championships(won all 3) and has been top 4 seed every year since moving up to A, with two semi appearances and one championship appearance. But you’re right, terrible coaching. Congratulations to her success over the years. She has earned her retirement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a GCS backer, but they keep winning so not sure how much of a hole they are in. Tomorrow will be a good test. I don't think they can beat McD, but stranger things have happened.
GCS will make it 3 years in a row beating McD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well yeah, she is leaving next year. You don't just hire a new coach, you ease them into the program and the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, I'm not sure what a Randal is... but I have a good source. There is a lack of athletic direction (no AD whatsoever) and the girls are pretending to have injuries their season season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to take McD on this one. The new middie makes all the difference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows that BR built that program. Not the current coach. GCS was irrelevant before him and will be soon. He recruited and built the team that has had success in A conf. School felt so confident in PW that they hired another coach to help her this year. Not a good sign.
The coach hired this year is the one taking over the program next year. Smart having her on the sideline now getting to know the girls and bonding with them during the transition. Wow, you really detest GCS and the coach that much to keep going on about how horrible she is. Why all the detest?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sick of these parents on here brown nosing their kids without saying it, expressing your feelings about your daughters playing time on here isn’t going to help. Maybe put your daughter on growth hormones and you’ll start seeing a difference in how much she’s touching grass on the field instead of picking grass on the sideline…wake up call!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sorry, you're telling me that teenage girls are faking injuries because they're mad they don't have an athletic director or athletic support staff? It might be the most absurd thing posted ever, and that's saying something on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sorry, you're telling me that teenage girls are faking injuries because they're mad they don't have an athletic director or athletic support staff? It might be the most absurd thing posted ever, and that's saying something on here.

Yet they're still winning. Seems like a huge stretch. GCS future doesn't look great, but I'm sure there are quite a few other schools in the IAAM that would like to have a similar record. Big game today. Latest line McD -2.5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't compare private-public school athletic programs such as lacrosse (apples and oranges)...especially in the areas surrounding the Baltimore metro where attending private schools can be par for the course for lots of families and location-wise very accessible.

Many, although not all, top athletes end up going to the surrounding private schools (for many reasons) leaving the local public schools more in deficit the athletic areas--hence not as competitive.

Ask RPCS how their game last Friday went against Towson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recent information found about Calvert Hall boys attack man trying to transfer to SPSG after coming out as transgender??? If this is real that is absurd for the community of girls lacrosse and even more absurd for the SPSG women’s lacrosse team. After this outraging but beneficiary pick up they will look to win multiple championships with their new addition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Darkhorse for this year is Mount De Sales for the championship gritty team solid effort once they stop throwing games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard from a trustworthy source that MDSA has been throwing on purpose. They intend to become a dark horse A division champion with their key players returning from injury soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RPCS lost to Towson because they were dead tired, coming off an overtime game the day before. Playing back to back games is why they lost to Towson They are 5-6 goals better than Towson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you. This might be one of the most absurd post I have read on this forum. The "inside source" needs to walk into oncoming traffic or something similar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RPCS lost to Towson because they were dead tired, coming off an overtime game the day before. Playing back to back games is why they lost to Towson They are 5-6 goals better than Towson
No Towsons defence is rock solid with a star of player in the girl who is committed to Drexel she's a real animal out there

Like Reply Quote
Page 96 of 132 1 2 94 95 96 97 98 131 132
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard