BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,576
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 214 of 267 1 2 212 213 214 215 216 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
VLC posts all of their games online. It's not that hard to search and see it yourself.

Where are they posted?

Go on Youtube and search VLC Lacrosse 2026

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2026 looks like they are near the top of 8th grade standings again. This is a change from the last two years when King Crab did not have any interest in coaching 8th grade-I think because those teams did not have more than a couple holdbacks. For him to be successful he needs multiple holdbacks. This team must be full of them.
Where have you been?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2026 looks like they are near the top of 8th grade standings again. This is a change from the last two years when King Crab did not have any interest in coaching 8th grade-I think because those teams did not have more than a couple holdbacks. For him to be successful he needs multiple holdbacks. This team must be full of them.
Where have you been?

Wait, the crabs team has holdbacks!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This week game predictions:
Crabs over Hawks 10-9. Game of the week. Crabs have more power and Hawks’ defense is not good.
VLC over True 12- 10. Don’t know but VLC offense can put up points
ML over FCA - 13-6. FCA not in correct league.
DCE over 91 15- 3. DCE looking to take revenge after last week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 6

VLC vs True
MadLax vs FCA
91 vs DCE
Game of the Week - Crabs vs Hawks

NL beat Looney's

VLC 8 - True 6
Madlax 8 - FCA 4
DCE 11 - 91 5
Hawks 7 - Crabs 6

YAWN....yep Crabs is the only team loaded with holdbacks; how dare they!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where have you been?

Apparently they do again at this age group. King Crab did not like the outcome w/o them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs over Hawks 10-9. Game of the week. Crabs have more power and Hawks’ defense is not good.

Hawks seem to have Crabs number as they have yet to take down the Hawks. Hawks always seem to get up for the bigger games.....

Hawks 10 - 6 over Crabs Hawks in Crabs Head
VLC 8 - 4 over True 2 good defenses
ML 12 - 4 over FCA FCA just doesn't have enough fire power
DCE 9-7 over 91 closer than you think - DCE struggling at the X with possession

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2026 looks like they are near the top of 8th grade standings again. This is a change from the last two years when King Crab did not have any interest in coaching 8th grade-I think because those teams did not have more than a couple holdbacks. For him to be successful he needs multiple holdbacks. This team must be full of them.[/quote]

McClaren coached the 22's from 8th through high school - he will coach this team through high school as well. He's been doing this for years[/quote]

So why did they lose so badly to LI Express and Hawks in March?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where have you been?

Not that many, several are on the on age high side

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs finally get going by 4 .
VLC in an east win. by 5
ML in so many we lose track, FCA time to regroup
DCE takes it to 91 by 8 at minimum

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat LI Express in the fall 10-9 and were beating them in the Spring at half time then the wheels fell off...they lost 6-4 to Hawks in the hangover game after falling apart in the Express game. Hawks and Crabs play Saturday so we will see how good they really are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC posts all of their games online. It's not that hard to search and see it yourself.

Where are they posted?

Twitch channel Commonwealthlax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat LI Express in the fall 10-9 and were beating them in the Spring at half time then the wheels fell off...they lost 6-4 to Hawks in the hangover game after falling apart in the Express game. Hawks and Crabs play Saturday so we will see how good they really are.

Crabs will win this. Hawks have barely been winning games in HOCO this season. Crabs can put up a ton of points very quickly. I take the Crabs by 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs will win this. Hawks have barely been winning games in HOCO this season. Crabs can put up a ton of points very quickly. I take the Crabs by 4.

Crabs - one of the top defenses in the country and an offense that can put up 10+ a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs - one of the top defenses in the country and an offense that can put up 10+ a game.

High school freshman rule in 8th grade league…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 6

VLC vs True
MadLax vs FCA
91 vs DCE

NL beat Looney's

VLC 8 - True 6
Madlax 8 - FCA 4
DCE 11 - 91 5
Hawks 7 - Crabs 6

YAWN…. Let’s win at any and all costs because hold back Mac is in charge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 6

VLC vs True
MadLax vs FCA
91 vs DCE

NL beat Looney's

VLC 8 - True 6
Madlax 8 - FCA 4
DCE 11 - 91 5
Hawks 7 - Crabs 6

YAWN…..name me a club that’s actually relevant that does not have holdbacks? I’ll wait……… yeah crickets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 6

VLC vs True
MadLax vs FCA
91 vs DCE

NL beat Looney's

VLC 8 - True 6
Madlax 8 - FCA 4
DCE 11 - 91 5
Hawks 7 - Crabs 6

YAWN…..name me a club that’s actually relevant that does not have holdbacks? I’ll wait……… yeah crickets

Can’t compete against kids their own age in school or sports. But go ahead and pound your chest about some 15-16 year olds on a 2026 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 year olds...you are clueless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t compete against kids their own age in school or sports. But go ahead and pound your chest about some 15-16 year olds on a 2026 team.[/quote]

Nope my son is 14 and has a birthday in the Fall. I am just tired on the whining parent like you who have nothing better to do than make excuses. Life ain't fair; tell you son or daughter to work harder and be an example instead of an excuse!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t compete against kids their own age in school or sports. But go ahead and pound your chest about some 15-16 year olds on a 2026 team.

Nope my son is 14 and has a birthday in the Fall. I am just tired on the whining parent like you who have nothing better to do than make excuses. Life ain't fair; tell you son or daughter to work harder and be an example instead of an excuse!![/quote]

Should have told the CRABS 2025 team to work harder instead on being held back......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 6

VLC vs True
MadLax vs FCA
91 vs DCE

NL beat Looney's

VLC 8 - True 6
Madlax 8 - FCA 4
DCE 11 - 91 5
Hawks 7 - Crabs 6

Correct, everyone has holdbacks. But not everyone has players flying in for games. Crabs arent the only one that bring in players for big games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea, no current games found - nothing to see

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the Crabs lost two games in March to Express and Hawks gotcha take the L buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope my son is 14 and has a birthday in the Fall. I am just tired on the whining parent like you who have nothing better to do than make excuses. Life ain't fair; tell you son or daughter to work harder and be an example instead of an excuse!![/quote]

My son is 13 and has a summer birthday. The holdbacks should have worked harder and stayed where they belong in class of 2025.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is 13 and has a summer birthday. The holdbacks should have worked harder and stayed where they belong in class of 2025.

Hopefully he's going to public school. No shot in MIAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea, no current games found - nothing to see

Why so much interest in the 50th ranked team? Just go ahead taking them lightly and you will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck in HS going up against kids that are JRs and SRs. My guess is he will struggle since he’s having trouble completing in the AAAA division with kids that are a year older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope my son is 14 and has a birthday in the Fall. I am just tired on the whining parent like you who have nothing better to do than make excuses. Life ain't fair; tell you son or daughter to work harder and be an example instead of an excuse!!

My son is 13 and has a summer birthday. The holdbacks should have worked harder and stayed where they belong in class of 2025.[/quote]

They should always stay on age unless there is some factor outside of lax to consider. That is the only way to fix this problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should always stay on age unless there is some factor outside of lax to consider. That is the only way to fix this problem.[/quote]

Colleges allow it and don't care ........ college athletics (all sports) bring in revenue ....... the trickle down effect falls to the high school and middle school level where it is also allowed. Go take it up with the Board of Ed and or the Archdiocese

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not about hard work! It’s about work smarter not harder in the holdback parent eyes. They are trying to outsmart the game by getting advantages early by holding back kids at young ages! That’s not working harder! “Life ain’t fair” , but the USA lacrosse organization and adults teaching young kids ethics should try better to make it more fair when the kids are young and developing!!! Or, should we teach our kids young to look for and work the advantages in the system to “work smarter” not harder! What are we teaching our kids!?!? Basically, you can buy advantages in life and “life ain’t fair” !? Let’s keep that mentality out of youth sports! Elitist!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck in HS going up against kids that are JRs and SRs. My guess is he will struggle since he’s having trouble completing in the AAAA division with kids that are a year older.

LOL, don’t you mean going up against kids who should be freshman and sophomores in college!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats high school, not 8th grade lacrosse, but keep the excuses coming......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not about hard work! It’s about work smarter not harder in the holdback parent eyes. They are trying to outsmart the game by getting advantages early by holding back kids at young ages! That’s not working harder! “Life ain’t fair” , but the USA lacrosse organization and adults teaching young kids ethics should try better to make it more fair when the kids are young and developing!!! Or, should we teach our kids young to look for and work the advantages in the system to “work smarter” not harder! What are we teaching our kids!?!? Basically, you can buy advantages in life and “life ain’t fair” !? Let’s keep that mentality out of youth sports! Elitist!!!![/quote]

You completely missed my point!! I am not justifying the holdbacks but it is not going to change anytime soon. So the kids on age can do two things; whine and makes excuses like you and the other parents, or have them work harder. My son has chosen the later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the only youth sport that lets fully developed 180 pound 14 year olds play against a pre-pubescent 90 pound 12 year old. Major safety issue and unfortunately nothing will change until a kid gets permanently injured or worse. Until then kids must deal with it or choose another sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the only youth sport that lets fully developed 180 pound 14 year olds play against a pre-pubescent 90 pound 12 year old. Major safety issue and unfortunately nothing will change until a kid gets permanently injured or worse. Until then kids must deal with it or choose another sport.

Exactly. Kidds are already getting hurt or they become discouraged because they struggle to compete physically with kids a full year older. I've seen some really good athletes leave the sport because of this. On top of that, the best clubs get to play against the best competition and have access to the best training. Those clubs are loaded with holdbacks. Yeah on age kids will catch up in age eventually, but the younger 11/12/13 year olds who can't see PT are at a developmental disadvantage.

But, go ahead holdback parent and keep celebrating your second year 8th grader and tell me my kid needs to hit the wall. You're so proud on this forum. Its funny how that pride disappears when it comes to filling out a bday on Team Snap. Don't worry, we know your kid's older. It just makes it that much sweeter to see your kid fade away and ride the pine as our sons catch up in age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not about hard work! It’s about work smarter not harder in the holdback parent eyes. They are trying to outsmart the game by getting advantages early by holding back kids at young ages! That’s not working harder! “Life ain’t fair” , but the USA lacrosse organization and adults teaching young kids ethics should try better to make it more fair when the kids are young and developing!!! Or, should we teach our kids young to look for and work the advantages in the system to “work smarter” not harder! What are we teaching our kids!?!? Basically, you can buy advantages in life and “life ain’t fair” !? Let’s keep that mentality out of youth sports! Elitist!!!!

You completely missed my point!! I am not justifying the holdbacks but it is not going to change anytime soon. So the kids on age can do two things; whine and makes excuses like you and the other parents, or have them work harder. My son has chosen the later

Ummm, no! I did not miss your point!! I’m saying I get it and instead of just agreeing and accepting it I’m voicing my opinion it should change!!! My right to voice that opinion in the hopes that the male egos at the helm wake up and di the right thing and fix the situation! They don’t allow this in other sports in the youth development stages!!! Wake up USA Lacrosse, let’s stop letting the money do the talking!!! Do the right thing for the youth in this sport!!! Be responsible and step up!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Kidds are already getting hurt or they become discouraged because they struggle to compete physically with kids a full year older. I've seen some really good athletes leave the sport because of this. On top of that, the best clubs get to play against the best competition and have access to the best training. Those clubs are loaded with holdbacks. Yeah on age kids will catch up in age eventually, but the younger 11/12/13 year olds who can't see PT are at a developmental disadvantage.

But, go ahead holdback parent and keep celebrating your second year 8th grader and tell me my kid needs to hit the wall. You're so proud on this forum. Its funny how that pride disappears when it comes to filling out a bday on Team Snap. Don't worry, we know your kid's older. It just makes it that much sweeter to see your kid fade away and ride the pine as our sons catch up in age.

Are there 12 yr olds in the 2026 class? Believe it or not there are some 13-14 who are 6’0 180-200 lbs and are constantly called hold backs on the sidelines by these psycho parents. I see it weekly.

As a parent of a kid on age what message are you sending your kids when playing against older competition? It’s ok Billie you lost he’s older! Don’t cry Johnny he’s bigger then you!! You can’t Timmy they’re holdbacks!! The whining on this board is tiresome. In the end talent raises to the top regardless of age as you will soon see in HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The example of a 12 year old playing against a 14 year old was last summer when they were rising 8th graders. A small summer birthday on age kid vs a gigantic holdback. Yes, there are on age kids who are gigantic but that is much more rare than a gigantic holdback. My kid is an undersized on age attackman on a top 10 club team who regularly goes against holdbacks twice his size and beats them so no whining from me. He will grow soon and will just beat them more often when he does. But the point I made still remains. This is the only youth sport that pays no mind to age and that can be dangerous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You completely missed my point!! I am not justifying the holdbacks but it is not going to change anytime soon. So the kids on age can do two things; whine and makes excuses like you and the other parents, or have them work harder. My son has chosen the later.

Nope, He got your point like all common sense people do, you justified the holdbacks at youth. There is no justification for having certain kids get an advantage over other children ( with same exact Birthdays) at the youth level.

High School is High School and grade is what it is, and puberty has kicked in to somewhat even things out, but even High School limit the age ( cant be over 19) no matter what grade you are in. With the excuse of holdback justification, why limit age to 19 ? Lets just go by grade and let the chips fall where they do as the holdback apologists want at youth. Of course that wont happen as you would have 20/21 year old HS players, seems a little unfair ? LOL

Like Reply Quote
Page 214 of 267 1 2 212 213 214 215 216 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard