BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,576
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 213 of 267 1 2 211 212 213 214 215 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The immaturity of some of these parents is mind boggling. I am glad this is over in a couple of weeks and on to HS lacrosse.

Have you seen the high school thread? It’s worse than this. Hit the wall.
Instead of bragging which elite team their kid on, they can talk about which MIAA coach they are begging for more playing time. In a couple of years they can brag about which D1 school their 19 year old would have to if only they spent some time teaching their son to read instead of lecturing us about how smart it was to make their son a holdback

Someone's son didn't make Crabs or Hawks..Sorry , hope HS is a better experience for you and son
I hope my son doesn't peak in high school (or in his second attempt at eighth grade).

You can feel the bitterness in your post. Is your son not getting PT? Is he not able to compete against these holdbacks? Why so much detest; just curious? My son is 14 and on age and competes in the elite division; could careless about holdbacks. They just make him work harder.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The immaturity of some of these parents is mind boggling. I am glad this is over in a couple of weeks and on to HS lacrosse.

Have you seen the high school thread? It’s worse than this. Hit the wall.
Instead of bragging which elite team their kid on, they can talk about which MIAA coach they are begging for more playing time. In a couple of years they can brag about which D1 school their 19 year old would have to if only they spent some time teaching their son to read instead of lecturing us about how smart it was to make their son a holdback

Someone's son didn't make Crabs or Hawks..Sorry , hope HS is a better experience for you and son
I hope my son doesn't peak in high school (or in his second attempt at eighth grade).

You can feel the bitterness in your post. Is your son not getting PT? Is he not able to compete against these holdbacks? Why so much detest; just curious? My son is 14 and on age and competes in the elite division; could careless about holdbacks. They just make him work harder.

We all call BS on your post. Your kid plays 3rd line on koopers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, the ML and Hawks is sooo old. Same results. ML Loss and bad coaching. DCE and Crabs for sure is the new game in town. Good coaching and disciplined players = good games.[/quote]

Finally a post on this board I can agree with.[/quote]

Until Crabs and DCE actually beats the Hawks I am going to politely disagree with this post[/quote]

Didn't the Hawks blowout Crabs only a few weeks ago (and #1 ranked LI Express)?[/quote]

Correct. But I am sure that the Crabs and DC Express have both beaten the Hawks and LI Express recently. I just cant seem to find when.[/quote]

DCE 26 has never beaten Hawks.[/quote]
Or VLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, the ML and Hawks is sooo old. Same results. ML Loss and bad coaching. DCE and Crabs for sure is the new game in town. Good coaching and disciplined players = good games.[/quote]

Until Crabs and DCE actually beats the Hawks I am going to politely disagree with this post[/quote]

Didn't the Hawks blowout Crabs only a few weeks ago (and #1 ranked LI Express)?[/quote]

Correct. But I am sure that the Crabs and DC Express have both beaten the Hawks and LI Express recently. I just cant seem to find when.[/quote]

Or VLC
Hawks vs. MadLax was the battle of has beens. Crabs and DCE are the new game in town.

Agree, the ML and Hawks is sooo old. Same results. ML Loss and bad coaching. DCE and Crabs for sure is the new game in town. Good coaching and disciplined players = good games.

If DCE is missing 1 or 2 players then it doesn't matter, they will have to cancel. Good coaching can overcome that and be better prepared at this level. Several teams missing kids for tests, injuries and Covid and they manage to play through it.

This is true but what is also true is that HoCo will accommodate if BOTH teams allow it. It is fairly common for teams to get together and shift a game or location with the support of the league. Surprisingly, even rival clubs will extend the courtesy to each other since everyone wants the best effort/situation for the players. Back to lacrosse talk, it looks like a 3 team race with crabs, dce and hawks in that order for seeding with hawks still with crabs and dce on the schedule and could leapfrog or solidify a lower seed. Logjam for 4th playoff spot with VLC having the slight edge as of now.

Will VLC finally join the club by beating out ML to the 4 spot. DCE and VLC on the rise the new #RUNDMW team... Bethesda and Dulles South singing in the streets....

On the rise. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, the ML and Hawks is sooo old. Same results. ML Loss and bad coaching. DCE and Crabs for sure is the new game in town. Good coaching and disciplined players = good games.

Or VLC
Hawks vs. MadLax was the battle of has beens. Crabs and DCE are the new game in town.

If DCE is missing 1 or 2 players then it doesn't matter, they will have to cancel. Good coaching can overcome that and be better prepared at this level. Several teams missing kids for tests, injuries and Covid and they manage to play through it.

This is true but what is also true is that HoCo will accommodate if BOTH teams allow it. It is fairly common for teams to get together and shift a game or location with the support of the league. Surprisingly, even rival clubs will extend the courtesy to each other since everyone wants the best effort/situation for the players. Back to lacrosse talk, it looks like a 3 team race with crabs, dce and hawks in that order for seeding with hawks still with crabs and dce on the schedule and could leapfrog or solidify a lower seed. Logjam for 4th playoff spot with VLC having the slight edge as of now.

Will VLC finally join the club by beating out ML to the 4 spot. DCE and VLC on the rise the new #RUNDMW team... Bethesda and Dulles South singing in the streets....

On the rise. Lol[/quote]

VLC runs Bartertown now! DCE gets knocked down a peg

True loses on Thursday

So its a 2 team race now

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sad to see Looney's completely falling apart and that they wont exist next year. My older son had incredible experiences with Looney's and now my younger son has not. 2026 team has been a disater this season for all of us. It's a shame! Current director doesn't even respond to email anymore.

Several of the top Looney's 2026's players have been reached out to by better club programs already and will probably even play w/ them this summer. There's won't be any players for the top programs to pick up, but True, Koopers, and others might find a couple. Coach is a culture killer and did the same thing over at FCA perviously. Wouldn't make sense for Crabs, FCA, of 91 to pick up the lower bottom players just to upset current roster, team and culture...........True might though!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If looneys has”top players” why are they not in elite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If looneys has”top players” why are they not in elite?
They do have elite players. Looneys has more D1 prospects than Crabs and Hawks combined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level scored first, then Looney's led most of the game until the 4Q, then Next Level tied it up and scored 1st in sudden victory OT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the best Humble Pie Shop on the other side of the Bay Bridge? Asking for a friend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sad to see Looney's completely falling apart and that they wont exist next year. My older son had incredible experiences with Looney's and now my younger son has not. 2026 team has been a disater this season for all of us. It's a shame! Current director doesn't even respond to email anymore.

Several of the top Looney's 2026's players have been reached out to by better club programs already and will probably even play w/ them this summer. There's won't be any players for the top programs to pick up, but True, Koopers, and others might find a couple. Coach is a culture killer and did the same thing over at FCA perviously. Wouldn't make sense for Crabs, FCA, of 91 to pick up the lower bottom players just to upset current roster, team and culture...........True might though!

True will take anyone and make them elite. Well, that is the story line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This place got quiet in a hurry. Let's hear more about DCE and their world domination. VLC's goalie is the best in that area and proved it again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the DC Express vs True game rescheduled yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a big game. It will decide who gets the final playoff spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True needs the win if they want a chance at the playoffs. DCE is good but can be beaten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it was known to be "over" when Looneys didn't hold tryouts for 2027s - 2030s last fall. Almost all of these teams (before they are gobbled up by 3Step or True) have a certain lifespan. At the end of which they are either sold or just go extinct. Looneys kids will mostly land at FCA, Koopers, Predators. Lower tier Looneys kids, maybe Swarm and True.

As for True, their teams continue to be an awesome choice for players at whatever level, who refuse to work out on their own and who have whatever level of talent but aren't self driven. Hence the "we train more" motto. Speaks to the frustrated parents, not the "I'm busy on xbox" players that True wants. However any player at any level who is self driven, can find better options than True, usually locally owned where the kid's work ethic is actually rewarded. Instead of put through 50 more line drill reps at True practice because he hasn't hit the wall in 3 months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain to me how VLC beat DCX, and pretty easily from what I’m told?

Feel like the preseason discussions about players leaving, coaching quality, etc. was a big huge for these teams (maybe MadLax too) and now no one is chirping??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it was known to be "over" when Looneys didn't hold tryouts for 2027s - 2030s last fall. Almost all of these teams (before they are gobbled up by 3Step or True) have a certain lifespan. At the end of which they are either sold or just go extinct. Looneys kids will mostly land at FCA, Koopers, Predators. Lower tier Looneys kids, maybe Swarm and True.

As for True, their teams continue to be an awesome choice for players at whatever level, who refuse to work out on their own and who have whatever level of talent but aren't self driven. Hence the "we train more" motto. Speaks to the frustrated parents, not the "I'm busy on xbox" players that True wants. However any player at any level who is self driven, can find better options than True, usually locally owned where the kid's work ethic is actually rewarded. Instead of put through 50 more line drill reps at True practice because he hasn't hit the wall in 3 months.

but they have a National team for exposure lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True needs the win if they want a chance at the playoffs. DCE is good but can be beaten.

When do they play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 6

VLC vs True
MadLax vs FCA
91 vs DCE
Game of the Week - Crabs vs Hawks

NL beat Looney's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please explain to me how VLC beat DCX, and pretty easily from what I’m told?

Feel like the preseason discussions about players leaving, coaching quality, etc. was a big huge for these teams (maybe MadLax too) and now no one is chirping??

Why don't you ask the person who told you that it was an easy win? VLC posts all of their games online. It's not that hard to search and see it yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 6

VLC vs True
MadLax vs FCA
91 vs DCE

NL beat Looney's

VLC 8 - True 6
Madlax 8 - FCA 4
DCE 11 - 91 5
Hawks 7 - Crabs 6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you ask the person who told you that it was an easy win? VLC posts all of their games online. It's not that hard to search and see it yourself.

It was a tale of 2 half's. VLC up 10-3 at half. DCE outscored VLC in 2nd half 7-3. DCE couldn't make up the 7 goal deficit due to losing almost every faceoff. That will be the biggest obstacle for DCE against Elite teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE didn’t have their head coach and were missing some key players. BCE was not fully loaded. Game result more to do with BLC issues versus VLC abilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]DCE didn’t have their head coach and were missing some key players. BCE was not fully loaded. Game result more to do with BLC issues versus VLC abilities.[/quote

Those are excuses. We played and lost. On to next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE didn’t have their head coach and were missing some key players. BCE was not fully loaded. Game result more to do with BLC issues versus VLC abilities.

Should have had the game rescheduled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a serviceable excuse for a July or October tournament. This is week 5 of the regular season. VLC's "abilities" seem to include adequate scheduling ability and reliable transportation of the parents and coaches. And apparently that's enough to beat DCE. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE starting FOGO, D pole and attackman are all out due to injury. Tough timing but that’s the way it goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could have sworn I saw the DCE coach in the parking lot before the game. And I thought that one of the DCE directors coaches that team too. Where was the head coach and why would he not prioritize a HoCo game in the boys final year that likely decided the playoff fate for both of the team’s involved?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE starting FOGO, D pole and attackman are all out due to injury. Tough timing but that’s the way it goes.

DCE parents are so funny. Guess what, VLC also had two players miss the game due to injuries, plus one of their top middies recently left the team and now plays for DCE. But VLC won the game, and it was basically over by halftime. It’s not who you have, it’s about how you play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to VLC on a very unexpected win by them. DCE must have been having a bad day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could have sworn I saw the DCE coach in the parking lot before the game. And I thought that one of the DCE directors coaches that team too. Where was the head coach and why would he not prioritize a HoCo game in the boys final year that likely decided the playoff fate for both of the team’s involved?

Like many of the coaches in HOCO. Conflicts he also coaches the Varsity Girls Lax at his school. In the end not enough lax coaches but they had two which is better then one. Did I count correctly? Hawks had 6 on the sideline... wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to VLC on a very unexpected win by them. DCE must have been having a bad day.

On DCE’s best day they would struggle with VLC. If they took VLC lightly, that helps explain the 10-3 halftime score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On DCE’s best day they would struggle with VLC. If they took VLC lightly, that helps explain the 10-3 halftime score.
So now VLC is some powerhouse team? Hardly. They are ranked 50 for a reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now VLC is some powerhouse team? Hardly. They are ranked 50 for a reason.
You do realize the rankings have puts teams in the top 20 that haven’t played in 6 months. The USclub lax Rankings are totally useless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like many of the coaches in HOCO. Conflicts he also coaches the Varsity Girls Lax at his school. In the end not enough lax coaches but they had two which is better then one. Did I count correctly? Hawks had 6 on the sideline... wow.

Dont try and deflect here. You LOST!!!!!! take your L and own it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 6

VLC vs True
MadLax vs FCA
91 vs DCE

NL beat Looney's

VLC 8 - True 6
Madlax 8 - FCA 4
DCE 11 - 91 5
Hawks 7 - Crabs 6

Crabs 2026 looks like they are near the top of 8th grade standings again. This is a change from the last two years when King Crab did not have any interest in coaching 8th grade-I think because those teams did not have more than a couple holdbacks. For him to be successful he needs multiple holdbacks. This team must be full of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is, and is mostly made up of players who were recruited away from other teams rather than developed by the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 6

VLC vs True
MadLax vs FCA
91 vs DCE

NL beat Looney's

VLC 8 - True 6
Madlax 8 - FCA 4
DCE 11 - 91 5
Hawks 7 - Crabs 6

Crabs 2026 looks like they are near the top of 8th grade standings again. This is a change from the last two years when King Crab did not have any interest in coaching 8th grade-I think because those teams did not have more than a couple holdbacks. For him to be successful he needs multiple holdbacks. This team must be full of them.

McClaren coached the 22's from 8th through high school - he will coach this team through high school as well. He's been doing this for years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC posts all of their games online. It's not that hard to search and see it yourself.

Where are they posted?

Like Reply Quote
Page 213 of 267 1 2 211 212 213 214 215 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard