BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,910
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 109 of 327 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I SEE TG 2015 BLACK VS YELLOW 2015 BLUE TODAY IN VIRGINIA ANY THOUGHTS

So who won?

Not sure that the true 2015 Blue L/M team was there! Yellow Jackets don't send committed players. I hope that with all the early commits going on that we don't forget playing the sport because they like the game and want to get better and compete against the best out there.

I'm a TG parent and here is the deal before this gets out of hand...AGAIN. The TGs won...the YJs did not have their full team there...the girls played a good game on both sides and FINALLY, the YJ and TG girls are all friends so let's not repeat the bashing of the past as I think we are all past that at this point.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LETS HEAR FROM NON COMMITTED 2015s.

How do you all feel about not having the full team at these showcases? Is it more difficult for the girls to play well without their long time team mates around them? Does it help the player trying to get noticed or does it hurt? I am not sure how I feel about it because it seems good to have only non committed girls on the team for maximum exposure but the level of play certainly drops so isn't that bad? I don't know so I look forward to your opinions smile

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I'm a TG parent and here is the deal before this gets out of hand...AGAIN. The TGs won...the YJs did not have their full team there...the girls played a good game on both sides and FINALLY, the YJ and TG girls are all friends so let's not repeat the bashing of the past as I think we are all past that at this point.

Amen! Let's put this to rest. Nothing to see here folks, keep moving.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

How do you all feel about not having the full team at these showcases? Is it more difficult for the girls to play well without their long time team mates around them? Does it help the player trying to get noticed or does it hurt? I am not sure how I feel about it because it seems good to have only non committed girls on the team for maximum exposure but the level of play certainly drops so isn't that bad? I don't know so I look forward to your opinions smile

I have mixed feelings about it and am not really sure, so I'm also interested in what other people thing. OTOH, it saves the committed families time and money and nets the uncommitted more exposure. But OTOH, everyone has to keep a stick in their hands, a team is a team, and IMO, belongs together.

I don't buy "the level of play drops" argument. Overall the team may not perform as well, but an individual plays at her own level regardless of who else is on the field with her. Most of the 2015 tournaments are showcases, no standings, no playoffs, the point isn't winning so much as giving everyone a chance to show what they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From reading all the back and forth, it is hard to understand. does anyone play because they love it. How kids who are over two years away from playing in college, stop playing because they are "committed" really raises questions as to how much they really enjoy it.

Hard to believe that any college coach would prefer kids not playing. I thought the who.e reason for playing club lacrosse is to get better. I might be naive but I thought it would be more fun to play after being " committed".

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I have mixed feelings about it and am not really sure, so I'm also interested in what other people thing. OTOH, it saves the committed families time and money and nets the uncommitted more exposure. But OTOH, everyone has to keep a stick in their hands, a team is a team, and IMO, belongs together.

I don't buy "the level of play drops" argument. Overall the team may not perform as well, but an individual plays at her own level regardless of who else is on the field with her. Most of the 2015 tournaments are showcases, no standings, no playoffs, the point isn't winning so much as giving everyone a chance to show what they have.

1. It should be about the girls not winning (I guess one could argue it should always be just about the girls). So more exposure for uncommitted the better.
2. College coaches only want to see committed. Waste of time to focus on committed players,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From reading all the back and forth, it is hard to understand. does anyone play because they love it. How kids who are over two years away from playing in college, stop playing because they are "committed" really raises questions as to how much they really enjoy it.

Hard to believe that any college coach would prefer kids not playing. I thought the who.e reason for playing club lacrosse is to get better. I might be naive but I thought it would be more fun to play after being " committed".

Great post!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just got back from Virginia, where my as of yet uncommitted daughter played with her whole team, and I have to say that INHO, I would be extremely upset if her whole team (committed or not) were not there. Every committed girl got the offers on there individual hard work, and with the help of the team as a whole. Even the 2nd and 3rd string players picked up ground ball, and made passes that help the 1st string girls. I think those that have benefitted should have made the trip, and maybe give the other girls a bigger role, with more touches, isn't that what teams do. As a parent of the uncommitted I would be real pissed at not only the club, but the seemingly lazy, and uncaring parents and players. I may be wrong on this but I watched a couple of the Y.J. games and never saw C.R. at them. was she even in attendance?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just got back from Virginia, where my as of yet uncommitted daughter played with her whole team, and I have to say that INHO, I would be extremely upset if her whole team (committed or not) were not there. Every committed girl got the offers on there individual hard work, and with the help of the team as a whole. Even the 2nd and 3rd string players picked up ground ball, and made passes that help the 1st string girls. I think those that have benefitted should have made the trip, and maybe give the other girls a bigger role, with more touches, isn't that what teams do. As a parent of the uncommitted I would be real pissed at not only the club, but the seemingly lazy, and uncaring parents and players. I may be wrong on this but I watched a couple of the Y.J. games and never saw C.R. at them. was she even in attendance?

It's not because the committed girls and their parents don't want to go. Research, then react.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so sick of hearing from the parents who are making value judgment's about the committed girls not attending the Virginia tournament. Do you know that on lax wiz it states "uncommitted only"?.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so sick of hearing from the parents who are making value judgment's about the committed girls not attending the Virginia tournament. Do you know that on lax wiz it states "uncommitted only"?.
So what, Lax Wiz is a service used by the Y.J. I Just looked at tourney site and it said nothing about uncommitted only, and thats from the I.W.L.C.A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right it says unsigned only. Do you really think that these girls don't want to play and compete with their friends that they play with all summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right it says unsigned only. Do you really think that these girls don't want to play and compete with their friends that they play with all summer?

This is a YJ problem. They handled is totally inappropriately and have disappointed many kids. The teams were mixed and shorthanded

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what, Lax Wiz is a service used by the Y.J. I Just looked at tourney site and it said nothing about uncommitted only, and thats from the I.W.L.C.A.

Thank you for clarifying what the Lax Wiz is! I am pretty sure every YJ parent knows what it is. Follow along here, It is a YJ directive for the committed girls not to go, not a tournament one! It is a no win situation, If you go you are taking the spotlight from the uncommitted girls (no matter how much you try to take a supporting role). If you don't go you are selfish and not supporting your team! Well in this case they didn't have a choice, they weren't allowed to go!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a YJ problem. They handled is totally inappropriately and have disappointed many kids. The teams were mixed and shorthanded

Was CR even there to support the players and talk to the coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY d YJ team played a NJ team a year or two ago, all the NJ girls wore black bands on their arms(meaning already committed). Well they were better than any college game I watched. D team were all uncommits. Coaches do not recruit teams they recruit individual players, fill spots they need filled.

If the college coaches your child is in contact with, coach is there to watch your kid, not her team.

So having come thru the other side, D is class of 2012, sending uncommitted girls versus entire team is much more beneficial to YOUR child if uncommitted.

If your D can play her position well despite the team she is on, isn't that the entire idea?

What is she going to do when she is playing in college, refuse to play because her team she is used to playing with is not there?
Coaches want kids that easily adapt and fit the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched the Capital v M&D 2014 game. Game started with, I believe, only one of the 24 girls on the field without an armband....What good does that do?? I'm all for uncommitted kids being showcased in thier final showcase event of thier final summer. Teams with 4 or 5 (many with less) kids on the bench seemed to be the norm, across clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched the Capital v M&D 2014 game. Game started with, I believe, only one of the 24 girls on the field without an armband....What good does that do?? I'm all for uncommitted kids being showcased in thier final showcase event of thier final summer. Teams with 4 or 5 (many with less) kids on the bench seemed to be the norm, across clubs.

Every team I saw had full lines of subs. Yj did not and no cr was not there. No director was there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That cost extra, part of the recuiting service package.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches text her from sidelines no need!! YJ kids doing just fine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really lazy any parent of any travel lacrosse player is not lazy. I have been doing this with my children for over 8 yrs, and every year my hat is off to all parents from all clubs. Not sure how I feel about this whole committed non committed thing but not really sure it is any of your business

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches text her from sidelines no need!! YJ kids doing just fine

If your a YJ parent you should be embarrassed. She was not there and the truth is, the top team may be "doing fine" but they stayed home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY d YJ team played a NJ team a year or two ago, all the NJ girls wore black bands on their arms(meaning already committed). Well they were better than any college game I watched. D team were all uncommits. Coaches do not recruit teams they recruit individual players, fill spots they need filled.

If the college coaches your child is in contact with, coach is there to watch your kid, not her team.

So having come thru the other side, D is class of 2012, sending uncommitted girls versus entire team is much more beneficial to YOUR child if uncommitted.

If your D can play her position well despite the team she is on, isn't that the entire idea?

What is she going to do when she is playing in college, refuse to play because her team she is used to playing with is not there?
Coaches want kids that easily adapt and fit the team.

No big deal if you take your committed players off the field, as long as you leave enough to field a team. 3 subs in that heat was not enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That cost extra, part of the recuiting service package.

After her top team commits she moves on CR does nothing other then take money from those on the lower level teams. It's a shame. I witnessed other club directors walking over and talking to coaches...not YJ the girls had a college player warming them up while their coach chased her kids!! I don't think she talked to one coach for these kids. You want CR to contact a coach be prepared to pay unless your a blue top team player. Glad I spent all that $$ for nothing I hope CR enjoys her vacation house!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curcio has a very good team.
im amazed at the talent on that 2020 team.

why is jones 2020 playing in 2019 bracket at ASE?

Maybe Jones team should have represented YJ in 2020 division this past weekend, wonder if they would have done better than Curcio?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Jones team should have represented YJ in 2020 division this past weekend, wonder if they would have done better than Curcio?

Stop with the Curcio/Jones stuff. Both teams did fine this weekend. Dropping a game is not a big deal. Let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with the Curcio/Jones stuff. Both teams did fine this weekend. Dropping a game is not a big deal. Let it go.

How did the Jones team do in the 2019 age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent that was there...this coach is not my daughter's regular coach. She made the point of asking my daughter what schools she was looking at and the status of her decisions. I saw her talking to numerous coaches. If you had a question you should have asked her. I found that she really cared about the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent that was there...this coach is not my daughter's regular coach. She made the point of asking my daughter what schools she was looking at and the status of her decisions. I saw her talking to numerous coaches. If you had a question you should have asked her. I found that she really cared about the players.

Our yj coach didn't. I don't think she wanted to be there at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our yj coach didn't. I don't think she wanted to be there at all.

YJ coaches are always actively involved that's why we have the most commits be real. Your all just jealous fools. GO YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on Beach Bums tournament that debate is over!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your kidding to the person who said the 2014 coach didn't care!!! She went above and beyond to make sure each coach that came by was spoken to. All but three girls that played were not even her team and she treated all players like they were on her team for years!!! I hate pot stirrers but especially ones who puts down a great coach who helped so much. You could tell how much she is loved by looking at how much her three players parents took such great care of her boys as if they were theirs. For you to say she wasn't there during warm ups is a joke...she wasn't chasing her boys she was chasing college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on Beach Bums tournament that debate is over!

Just another moron stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your kidding to the person who said the 2014 coach didn't care!!! She went above and beyond to make sure each coach that came by was spoken to. All but three girls that played were not even her team and she treated all players like they were on her team for years!!! I hate pot stirrers but especially ones who puts down a great coach who helped so much. You could tell how much she is loved by looking at how much her three players parents took such great care of her boys as if they were theirs. For you to say she wasn't there during warm ups is a joke...she wasn't chasing her boys she was chasing college coaches.

Never said it my coach was 2014. The coach you are referring to is a great person and coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
questions everyone is asking ... where was CR for u15 national championships in Florida? and how come there were 0 girls from 2016 teams other than defo team. and why did tracy get to coach that team, she doesnt know those girls. need some input, i just dont understand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is asking because nobody cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
questions everyone is asking ... where was CR for u15 national championships in Florida? and how come there were 0 girls from 2016 teams other than defo team. and why did tracy get to coach that team, she doesnt know those girls. need some input, i just dont understand.

Be very carefull with what you say about CR not being there. I was told that one of her kids was sick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be very carefull with what you say about CR not being there. I was told that one of her kids was sick.

Why be careful? Not allowed to ask? It's a simple question by a consumer of an expensive product who has concerns. These questions need answers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why not call and ask? why come on here and ask people who have no idea?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why not call and ask? why come on here and ask people who have no idea?

Because that's what this board is for but thanks for the advice. wink

Like Reply Quote
Page 109 of 327 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard