BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,576
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 170 of 267 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“It has nothing to do with smarts. It has everything to do with what is right for the child.”✖️

It has nothing to do with smarts. It has everything to do with the parents ego.✔️

There, I fixed it for you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
“It has nothing to do with smarts. It has everything to do with what is right for the child.”✖️

It has nothing to do with smarts. It has everything to do with the parents ego.✔️

Man, that is some weapons grade stupidity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an stunad who clearly can't listen to reason. Thank god I don't know you or have to be married to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How does our decision affect you or anyone else?"

We'll see. Let's hope that when your son hits puberty in 6th grade and grows taller and larger, that he doesn't hurt my son or any of the kids on the team (or opponents) who are on-age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]91 commits yesterday

1 - Rutgers
1 - Bucknell
1 - Loyola
1 - Utah
1 - Ohio St
1 - Virginia
1 - Maryland
1 - Sanford
1 - Syracuse
1 - Boston U

That's just day one. What other Clubs had committed players yesterday? Please advise.[/

Yawn 91 is irrelevant and no one cares.

And yet like the OP said, no one lists any. Weird - "this is a 2026 page" yet fools constantly float 91 doesn't do anything for their players - cry me a river. Hilarious

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express - new name DC Duck!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing your son down means that as a father you had either a son who was either not smart enough to do schoolwork on age, or not athletic enough to compete on age or likely both. Instead of hit the wall, hit the books. Teach your son challenge himself to be better, instead following the path of least resistance to playing an age down. It is ironic that the same dad posts condescendingly (that means "talks down to" for you holdback dads) about kids in AAA & AA but can't see that their own son was not only not capable of playing against the top level; but that they had to drop them down a whole age group to make them feel better about their competitive chances. I bet you can also dunk a basketball on a 7 foot rim. But so what?! Be a better human. Stop blasting kids who are actually trying to succeed, at the same point or above where you already gave up on your son There is a reason that Long Island lacrosse makes fun of Maryland. It is you.

You can make fun of MD all you like. Long Island children would benefit from the approach taken by most MD independent schools in offering a pre-first year to those kids who need one.

My son did a pre-first year, and now by your logic is considered a "holdback". His pre-first year allowed him time to mature from a boy who wanted to play all day into a boy who began to understand the difference between classroom and playground and act accordingly. He is now an A student. Were we wrong to allow him time to mature? How does our decision affect you or anyone else?

Read the science - boys and girls mature at different rates. Many more boys do a pre-first year than girls.

Many parents struggle with deciding whether to do a pre-first year. I have spoken with a number of families about the decision, both before and years afterward. The parents who decide to have their child do a pre-first year never (NEVER!) regret it. At five years old, it isn't done for athletics, at least not by most parents; it is done for well-being and gives the child a chance to mature academically and reach their potential as they progress through school. I wish I had been granted the opportunity as a child.

Are there some kids who move from public to private schools and repeat ninth grade? Sure. Do some do it for athletics? Yes, of course. The large majority do it for academic reasons. Should USA Lacrosse be actively trying to change the system to protect smaller players from being hurt while playing against larger kids who are older (and in some cases much larger) yet in the same grade-based division? Absolutely. The problem isn't the kid who did a pre-first year - the problem is the grade-based system that the clubs and some high schools perpetuate.

It has nothing to do with smarts. It has everything to do with what is right for the child.

No one cares what you do for your child to have a better education, Hold him back in Kindergarten and 8th grade for academics, that is two grades down, no one cares...

What has all that got to do with your son getting an advantage at Youth lacrosse that other children with exact same birthday don't get. Did holding him back in Kindergarten ,( that is what it is, you sugar coat it with prefirst) give you a right to play down ??? You are a holdback just like the 8th grader in youth lacrosse, Frankly you are worst, you play against younger children when it actually is a huge advantage 1st-7th grade,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 commits yesterday

1 - Rutgers
1 - Bucknell
1 - Loyola
1 - Utah
1 - Ohio St
1 - Virginia
1 - Maryland
1 - Sanford
1 - Syracuse
1 - Boston U

That's just day one. What other Clubs had committed players yesterday? Please advise.

Calm down Mark, 2026 arent getting committed yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]91 commits yesterday

1 - Rutgers
1 - Bucknell
1 - Loyola
1 - Utah
1 - Ohio St
1 - Virginia
1 - Maryland
1 - Sanford
1 - Syracuse
1 - Boston U

That's just day one. What other Clubs had committed players yesterday? Please advise.[/

Yawn 91 is irrelevant and no one cares.

And yet like the OP said, no one lists any. Weird - "this is a 2026 page" yet fools constantly float 91 doesn't do anything for their players - cry me a river. Hilarious

91 doesn’t do anything for their 2026 team. They went 1-6 last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quack Quack Quack

Is that an Eastern Shore thing or a new DC thing

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened this morning 91? Grass too wet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At Fall Lax Showdown (North East, MD) - Spring HOCO Elite candidates playing each other:
Next Level 2026 (Bethesda, MD)
DC Express 2026 Black (Bethesda, MD)
TRW Wolfpack 2026 (Hamilton, VA)
Annapolis Hawks 2026 (Annapolis, MD)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm that would be the Long Island version of 91. But I'm sure you knew that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t thinks that was MD team. LI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice how Express pulled out of their games with Hawks & NL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tigers without one player is a much weaker team.
Express without one player is a much weaker team.
Sweetlax doesn’t depend on one player like these two teams. That is why they are the best 2026 team in the nation right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stuck around to watch the Sweetlax and Tigers final. HOCO has a long way to go to catch those beasts. Sweetlax is best of Upstate and Tigers best of PA. We better get a best of MD team together fast as we will not be able to beat either or Express. Not good when True did the best of MD teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What else is new, Ducking them all year. Quack Quack LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice how Hawks and NL were absent from NAL yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice how Hawks and NL were absent from NAL yesterday.

Hawks needed time to prepare for TRW Wolfpack. How the mighty has fallen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing your son down means that as a father you had either a son who was either not smart enough to do schoolwork on age, or not athletic enough to compete on age or likely both. Instead of hit the wall, hit the books. Teach your son challenge himself to be better, instead following the path of least resistance to playing an age down. It is ironic that the same dad posts condescendingly (that means "talks down to" for you holdback dads) about kids in AAA & AA but can't see that their own son was not only not capable of playing against the top level; but that they had to drop them down a whole age group to make them feel better about their competitive chances. I bet you can also dunk a basketball on a 7 foot rim. But so what?! Be a better human. Stop blasting kids who are actually trying to succeed, at the same point or above where you already gave up on your son There is a reason that Long Island lacrosse makes fun of Maryland. It is you.

You can make fun of MD all you like. Long Island children would benefit from the approach taken by most MD independent schools in offering a pre-first year to those kids who need one.

My son did a pre-first year, and now by your logic is considered a "holdback". His pre-first year allowed him time to mature from a boy who wanted to play all day into a boy who began to understand the difference between classroom and playground and act accordingly. He is now an A student. Were we wrong to allow him time to mature? How does our decision affect you or anyone else?

Read the science - boys and girls mature at different rates. Many more boys do a pre-first year than girls.

Many parents struggle with deciding whether to do a pre-first year. I have spoken with a number of families about the decision, both before and years afterward. The parents who decide to have their child do a pre-first year never (NEVER!) regret it. At five years old, it isn't done for athletics, at least not by most parents; it is done for well-being and gives the child a chance to mature academically and reach their potential as they progress through school. I wish I had been granted the opportunity as a child.

Are there some kids who move from public to private schools and repeat ninth grade? Sure. Do some do it for athletics? Yes, of course. The large majority do it for academic reasons. Should USA Lacrosse be actively trying to change the system to protect smaller players from being hurt while playing against larger kids who are older (and in some cases much larger) yet in the same grade-based division? Absolutely. The problem isn't the kid who did a pre-first year - the problem is the grade-based system that the clubs and some high schools perpetuate.

It has nothing to do with smarts. It has everything to do with what is right for the child.

No one cares what you do for your child to have a better education, Hold him back in Kindergarten and 8th grade for academics, that is two grades down, no one cares...

What has all that got to do with your son getting an advantage at Youth lacrosse that other children with exact same birthday don't get. Did holding him back in Kindergarten ,( that is what it is, you sugar coat it with prefirst) give you a right to play down ??? You are a holdback just like the 8th grader in youth lacrosse, Frankly you are worst, you play against younger children when it actually is a huge advantage 1st-7th grade,

Gosh, your knuckles must get sore dragging the ground like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why Did Team MD enter an aloha tournament? Talk about a waste of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think for Team Md an Aloha tournament would be competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results:

DC Express 2026 2-0
Next Level 2-1
Annapolis Hawks2-1
TRW Wolfpack 1-2
Mad Dog National 0-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical response from a holdback apologist. No response to what is written, just some name calling. Dont like the truth do you.

You try to justify little jonny playing down against younger children from 1st grade thru 8 grade. You imply parents are doing what is right for them?? What ??? No one cares what you do for his education, no one ! But this is youth sports, you know young kids playing that are in elementary school , and somehow your reasoning is that since little jonny couldn't keep up with the other kindergarders, he needs a break and should be allowed to play down. LOL..Yea, that a good reason.

I really would like you to have some decent reason and argument for justifying little jonny playing down., but I know you are not capable of one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you need to ask?? That is their talent level. MM only is into two teams,,,I mean two people in org.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results:

DC Express 2026 2-0
Next Level 2-1
Annapolis Hawks2-1
TRW Wolfpack 1-2
Mad Dog National 0-3

More accurate results via TourneyMachine

Annapolis Hawks 3-0
DC Express Black 2-0
Next Level 1-2
TRW Wolfpack 1-2
Mad Dog National 0-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you need to ask?? That is their talent level. MM only is into two teams,,,I mean two people in org.
Team MD stunad. Not 91Md

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD played in the B division, not the A division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team MD played in the B division, not the A division.
So you are a parent who is upset you played in the B division of a B tournament and won it all? That’s a rarity these days. Where is the chest pound and the declaration that there’s a new team in town? Ask your coach why, not an anonymous forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical response from a holdback apologist. No response to what is written, just some name calling. Dont like the truth do you.

You try to justify little jonny playing down against younger children from 1st grade thru 8 grade. You imply parents are doing what is right for them?? What ??? No one cares what you do for his education, no one ! But this is youth sports, you know young kids playing that are in elementary school , and somehow your reasoning is that since little jonny couldn't keep up with the other kindergarders, he needs a break and should be allowed to play down. LOL..Yea, that a good reason.

I really would like you to have some decent reason and argument for justifying little jonny playing down., but I know you are not capable of one

Hey, we get it Karen. You don't like the system, so you blame the parents and the kids.

I would remove the system, parents and kids from the equation and think of it more as a pride and being a man thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because Team MD almost always sandbags. Their MO is generally to enter the lowest division available at the lowest level tournaments they can.

Their 27 national team is decent. But outside of that they really don't have much. I think their director is more interested in winning trophies than developing kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because Team MD almost always sandbags. Their MO is generally to enter the lowest division available at the lowest level tournaments they can.

Their 27 national team is decent. But outside of that they really don't have much. I think their director is more interested in winning trophies than developing kids.
Why are we talking about a B team who played down a division in a B tournament for some wins?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team91 is going the path of True.
Pay to play.
Glorified rec.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are we talking about a B team who played down a division in a B tournament for some wins?

Due to this B team beating your supposed A Club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because this is a 2026 lacrosse forum. Not just a Hawks, Crabs, and hold back forum.

And that tournament at Cedar Lane up there in Bel Air was a joke. They had teams playing full games on half sized fields. Literally, fields were cut in half and they were running two games a time on one field. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pay to play.
Glorified rec.

You know they aren't talking about 91, but team MD. Pray your kid has better reading comprehension, than daddy who never played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pay to play.
Glorified rec.

You know they aren't talking about 91, but team MD. Pray your kid has better reading comprehension, than daddy who never played

There is an angry parent who has to detest on every team. Let him keep going and looking like he does on the sidelines every weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Hawks Dad

Like Reply Quote
Page 170 of 267 1 2 168 169 170 171 172 266 267
Quick Reply