BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,576
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 167 of 267 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs 10 LI Express 9
Crabs 15 Team91 Carolina 2
Crabs 10 Leading Edge 3

Crabs 2026 player average age 15.4

Is this an accurate stat?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New additions on crabs at the X, FO, LSM and defense played lights out. Amazing lacrosse to watch today between crabs and LI. Came down to the final possession to determine a winner. Talent all over the field.

Cool story , so they will be at NAL ? or like last year where they never show at a real tournament with cheating older team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the 26 Crabs really that old?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game , Crabs up at half 6-5 / Express up 2 going into 4th quarter..Crabs win by one ..best lacrosse you will see at this age ..

Which age is that? Or do you mean grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the 26 Crabs really that old?

It is a funny post but far from accurate; every team playing in the Elite HOCO League has holdbacks; Crabs and Hawks just seem to have the best ones. And for that all the parents cry foul! Unfortunately holdbacks are part of the lacrosse landscape and are promoted at the HS Level. If you don't believe that ask any HS coach in the MIAA; they encourage it. Crabs are much improved with their new additions but everyone is beatable and they to will lose their fair share of games just like every team playing at this elite level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New additions on crabs at the X, FO, LSM and defense played lights out. Amazing lacrosse to watch today between crabs and LI. Came down to the final possession to determine a winner. Talent all over the field.

Awesome. Where did those new additions come from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 10 LI Express 9
Crabs 15 Team91 Carolina 2
Crabs 10 Leading Edge 3

Crabs 2026 player average age 15.4

Is this an accurate stat?

I have no idea whether it is accurate, but I don't know how somebody would have access to the birthdates of every player on the team, which would be necessary to know the average age. But I would love to know. My son is a thirteen year old who has played against the Crabs several times in the past year and (sometimes) held his own.

So, question to PP - how do you know all the kids' birthdays?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just amazing. In the last 24 months the 26 Crabs go from being literally the worst team in HoCo elite to one of the best teams in the country. Just amazing coaching and development. I’m going to get my kid to really work on his game this year in the hopes of making the team next year!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just amazing. In the last 24 months the 26 Crabs go from being literally the worst team in HoCo elite to one of the best teams in the country. Just amazing coaching and development. I’m going to get my kid to really work on his game this year in the hopes of making the team next year!

This is the truth right here. They were the worst, not winning a game. Reclass 2025 and walla!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some teams work to develop their players and don't do much recruiting to pull players from other teams.

Some teams do both - they have a core group of kids who have played together for years, and every year a few come and go.

Others build a team by recruiting high-skill players away from other teams. Here's looking at you, 2026 Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some teams work to develop their players and don't do much recruiting to pull players from other teams.

Some teams do both - they have a core group of kids who have played together for years, and every year a few come and go.

Others build a team by recruiting high-skill players away from other teams. Here's looking at you, 2026 Crabs.

Hey! My 9th grade 2025 son MIGHT do a PG year one day so I should feel good about him playing for an 8th grade 2026 team this year, right? That’s not bold faced cheating, right? Everyone else is doing it, right??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game , Crabs up at half 6-5 / Express up 2 going into 4th quarter..Crabs win by one ..best lacrosse you will see at this age ..

What age? That is muddy waters here. Remember the slow kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey! My 9th grade 2025 son MIGHT do a PG year one day so I should feel good about him playing for an 8th grade 2026 team this year, right? That’s not bold faced cheating, right? Everyone else is doing it, right??

Is this actually happening?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome. Where did those new additions come from?

Looney's mostly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t there a BOTC forum for Crabs talk? If not can we make one? Can we talk about something else? This Crabs holdback is getting so old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not just the crabs. holdbacks are only holdbacks if the kid gets held back. A kid in 9th grade playing for a 8th grade team is not a hold back, it is cheating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t there a BOTC forum for Crabs talk? If not can we make one? Can we talk about something else? This Crabs holdback is getting so old.

Sorry Crabby holdback dad. When you skew the system to gain an advantage many other children dont have, it will get a response not to your liking. Grade based lacrosse as in all sports, helps define what is wrong in youth sports, and goes completely against everything that is good in youth sports. Not cheating as the rules are grade based, but what a way to teach your kid values as a young student, play down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't make this too complicated for Crabs 2026 kids and parents. They'll be back in a 3rd year of 8th grade trying to figure out how a forum works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the truth right here. They were the worst, not winning a game. Reclass 2025 and walla!!!

And people say all these terrible things about how it doesnt work. IT DOES !

Turns very good players into superstars.

Turns good players into above average players

Turns below average players into average at best players ( Sorry no sense to holdback)

Why you are a fool not to hold your child back if you want him to play D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why no mention how Team91 Maryland lost to Team91 Carolina on Saturday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Example?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hardshells.
The Crabs even have a team that specifically doesn't hold back.
But it is their B team...and gets destroyed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why no mention how Team91 Maryland lost to Team91 Carolina on Saturday?

The same Team Crabs 2026 beat 15-2; yep Team 91 is much improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Crabby holdback dad. When you skew the system to gain an advantage many other children dont have, it will get a response not to your liking. Grade based lacrosse as in all sports, helps define what is wrong in youth sports, and goes completely against everything that is good in youth sports. Not cheating as the rules are grade based, but what a way to teach your kid values as a young student, play down.

Ma'am what team does your son play for that has Zero holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not just the crabs. holdbacks are only holdbacks if the kid gets held back. A kid in 9th grade playing for a 8th grade team is not a hold back, it is cheating.

Which teams are doing what you allege?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆 thank you to those club teams that could not retain these new additions #differencemakers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not it's above board.
Most lax holdbacks are re-doing a school year because they are slow, you know, mentally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not allegations. Facts. They know who they are. Tourney directors should demand proof of grade for every player. It’s the only way to enforce if club directors, coaches and parents keep turning a blind eye to this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not allegations. Facts. They know who they are. Tourney directors should demand proof of grade for every player. It’s the only way to enforce if club directors, coaches and parents keep turning a blind eye to this.

Unless you can provide facts you are a nothing more than a true yellow belly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Post your cell number and I’ll call you with details

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Post your cell number and I’ll call you with details.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax played whole teams in their tounament last week in Maryland. They waited until the last minute to tell the teams that their 25 B team would be playing but don't worry bc they aren't that great. Except they played them on one day only, Sunday, and the 25's dominated teams physically. It was embarrassing for Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax played whole teams in their tounament last week in Maryland. They waited until the last minute to tell the teams that their 25 B team would be playing but don't worry bc they aren't that great. Except they played them on one day only, Sunday, and the 25's dominated teams physically. It was embarrassing for Madlax.

How do tournament directors allow this???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's something to change the subject. Anyone see this complaint by Radar Sports Management, LLC against multiple lacrosse organizations?

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AKKs4NqQUxPAe%5Fc&cid=173A1B0956946B13&id=173A1B0956946B13%21102804&parId=173A1B0956946B13%2189478&o=OneUp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ye Olde Collapsed Brackets due to tournament directors not selling out full fields (4 or more teams per year).

Our 2026 team played in a "squishy age limit" tournament and not only did they collapse the 2026s into a "2026-2025" bracket but the rules of the tourney were "majority of your players defines the age group for this event" so when we played one unnamed 2025 team, it was actually roughly half 2024s. Playing our 2026s. It had every look of a JV vs Varsity scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was Madlax's tournament. It was a take it or leave it situation. You had players at up to a 3 year age difference. The oldest high school sports eligible 25's are born in September, 2005 and the youngest 2026's are born August 2008. Madlax also double rosters players like crazy outside of HoCo where they were caught playing almost an entire team in the class level below their roster. Given the scores of the tournament, it wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of their A team players were on the field.

Like Reply Quote
Page 167 of 267 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard