BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,631
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 134 of 267 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NLF National Championships
Jul 16 - 18, 2021
Amherst, MA

MD Teams: Hawks, Team 91 MD, Madlax

https://tourneymachine.com/Public/R...ivision=h202107100137525042497c7fab6be44

Good lineup of teams in tourney.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street was Express FOGO and top Midfielder from WSYL weren't there? And didn't Express win 10-3 in the quarterfinals of the WSYL? Rankings are about right, maybe Towerman move from 7th to 6th. Sounds like they are getting a little ahead of their ski's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word on the street was Express FOGO and top Midfielder from WSYL weren't there? And didn't Express win 10-3 in the quarterfinals of the WSYL? Rankings are about right, maybe Towerman move from 7th to 6th. Sounds like they are getting a little ahead of their ski's.

FOGO hurt again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jul 16 - 18, 2021
Amherst, MA

8 of the top 10 teams will be at NLF

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FOGO hurt again?

They were rolling him out there at WSYL limping and taking a beating even after they were way up. I was a little surprised, but figured he wanted to be in there and deserved the spotlight. Just hope he didn't make things worse for himself and will be in at NLF.

As been said on here before — the rankings are pretty pointless. There are 6-7 teams that could beat each other for a number of reasons on any given Sunday. And another 10 teams that could beat the "top teams" if they don't bring their A game. It's good for the game and fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fogo wasn’t there but all other impact players were including their MVP middie from the World Series. Just shows that you can’t be overly reliant on one player. I think that Express’ only 3 losses this year were when they were without the fogo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fogo wasn’t there but all other impact players were including their MVP middie from the World Series. Just shows that you can’t be overly reliant on one player. I think that Express’ only 3 losses this year were when they were without the fogo.

The lost almost every faceoff and still only lost by one. He's obviously a difference maker, but I don't think they're panicking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lost almost every faceoff and still only lost by one. He's obviously a difference maker, but I don't think they're panicking.

Good point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express panicked enough after the banquet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jul 16 - 18, 2021
Amherst, MA

8 of the top 10 teams will be at NLF

7 of top 10 and 9 of top 20

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be. Limping and hobbling throughout the entire WSYL tournament. Really noticed it after watching the game on ESPN. The kid is a true warrior with a big heart!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

I highly doubt the Towermen team was the same team that played at the WS. I’m sure this version included the assortment of holdbacks that played with them at the NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

I highly doubt the Towermen team was the same team that played at the WS. I’m sure this version included the assortment of holdbacks that played with them at the NAL.

Towermen parent here to clear the air. The three players who were ineligible for the WS all have August birthdays and missed the age cutoff by 3 weeks or less. One missed by three days. No holdbacks. No 14 year olds. All going into 8th grade and are all 2026 grads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha
HaHa...especially when the Iroquois abruptly left the banquet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha

Wrong year geniuses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha

Wrong year geniuses

25 or 26 still represents your organization. Bad look for Express either way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

Towermen parent here to clear the air. The three players who were ineligible for the WS all have August birthdays and missed the age cutoff by 3 weeks or less. One missed by three days. No holdbacks. No 14 year olds. All going into 8th grade and are all 2026 grads.

They are holdbacks/reclass/prefirst or whatever you want to call them. All three are 13 when they start 8th grade,,,Everyone on age turns 13 in 8th grade.

No sure why you make a point of calling calling them " no holdbacks". They are. Not a big deal, but call it what it is, yes they have a late Birthday in August like 1/12 of all 8th graders. All these August Birthdays have to play against players older than them, But not these holdbacks, Now they are the oldest in youth lacrosse playing down, LOL.. What a country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

They are holdbacks/reclass/prefirst or whatever you want to call them. All three are 13 when they start 8th grade,,,Everyone on age turns 13 in 8th grade.

No sure why you make a point of calling calling them " no holdbacks". They are. Not a big deal, but call it what it is, yes they have a late Birthday in August like 1/12 of all 8th graders. All these August Birthdays have to play against players older than them, But not these holdbacks, Now they are the oldest in youth lacrosse playing down, LOL.. What a country.

Even you are confused. You mean everyone turns 14 in 8th grade. August birthdays do not have a significant advantage over kids born in Sept, Oct, or Nov. A few weeks older doesn’t translate into superior dominance in a sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

You are very confused. Kids turn 14 in 8th grade, not 13. The three players are 13 year old and missed the cutoff by a few weeks for a 13U tournament where other 13 year olds were allowed if they are still 13 on Sept 1. A holdback would be a 14 year old playing in a 13 year old tournament or a kid repeating a grade and playing with his new grade. Early birthday kids are not holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha

Wrong year geniuses

So was she a middie mom as some people say, or not actually a mom of an express player as others are saying?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lost almost every faceoff and still only lost by one. He's obviously a difference maker, but I don't think they're panicking.[/quote]

Good point.[/quote]

I highly doubt the Towermen team was the same team that played at the WS. I’m sure this version included the assortment of holdbacks that played with them at the NAL.[/quote]

Towermen parent here to clear the air. The three players who were ineligible for the WS all have August birthdays and missed the age cutoff by 3 weeks or less. One missed by three days. No holdbacks. No 14 year olds. All going into 8th grade and are all 2026 grads.[/quote]

No sure why you make a point of calling calling them " no holdbacks". They are. Not a big deal, but call it what it is, yes they have a late Birthday in August like 1/12 of all 8th graders. All these August Birthdays have to play against players older than them, But not these holdbacks, Now they are the oldest in youth lacrosse playing down, LOL.. What a country.[/quote]

You are very confused. Kids turn 14 in 8th grade, not 13. The three players are 13 year old and missed the cutoff by a few weeks for a 13U tournament where other 13 year olds were allowed if they are still 13 on Sept 1. A holdback would be a 14 year old playing in a 13 year old tournament or a kid repeating a grade and playing with his new grade. Early birthday kids are not holdbacks.[/quote]

and different states have different cut offs than LI, imagine that. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jul 16 - 18, 2021
Amherst, MA

Top 8 @ NLF (in no order)
Express
Sweetlax
Laxachusetts
Hawks
Tigers
West Coast Starz Gold
Express North
Tommyknockers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No MadLax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No MadLax?

Dont know what version it will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No MadLax?

No one ever does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No MadLax?

No one ever does.

Even the players don’t know who is flying to take their spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

You can honestly spin this however you want but the bottom line is those kids do have physical advantages over kids that are 13 and born in '08. Those same kids that didn't qualify for the WS, could have started Kindergarten earlier but the parents held them back and chose to start school later. Additionally, your team initially failed to qualify for the WS and when playing LIE on age, were literally smothered. With that being said, this is all irrelevant now, since the "on age" tournament is over. But please, leave the self righteous nonsense at home that the older players didn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TM troll strikes again smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys, enough with the holdback talk. The “holdbacks/summer birthdays” on our team include some of the smallest guys. I’m sure that’s the case for a lot of teams. Come up with different excuses or bring it up with your therapists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I highly doubt the Towermen team was the same team that played at the WS. I’m sure this version included the assortment of holdbacks that played with them at the NAL.[/quote]

Towermen parent here to clear the air. The three players who were ineligible for the WS all have August birthdays and missed the age cutoff by 3 weeks or less. One missed by three days. No holdbacks. No 14 year olds. All going into 8th grade and are all 2026 grads.[/quote]

You can honestly spin this however you want but the bottom line is those kids do have physical advantages over kids that are 13 and born in '08. Those same kids that didn't qualify for the WS, could have started Kindergarten earlier but the parents held them back and chose to start school later. Additionally, your team initially failed to qualify for the WS and when playing LIE on age, were literally smothered. With that being said, this is all irrelevant now, since the "on age" tournament is over. But please, leave the self righteous nonsense at home that the older players didn't matter.[/quote]

You are still very confused. Nobody said that older players don’t matter. My only point is that we don’t use “holdbacks” - kids who are a year or grade older playing down or got reclassed and are playing in the same grade two years in a row. The three players who weren’t WS eligible ARE still 13 years old and they WERE born in 2008 just like the eligible players were. They just missed the Sept 1 cutoff by 3 weeks or less. These are basic facts. The irony is that those 3 players are actually smaller than most the kids on the team. I hope you aren’t an Express parent because they would be ashamed of you for making excuses for them. They win and lose with class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction: born in 2007 along with many other age eligible kids who are still 13 years old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good teams don’t make excuses win the lose. Period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good teams don’t make excuses win the lose. Period.
When they lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

You can honestly spin this however you want but the bottom line is those kids do have physical advantages over kids that are 13 and born in '08. Those same kids that didn't qualify for the WS, could have started Kindergarten earlier but the parents held them back and chose to start school later. Additionally, your team initially failed to qualify for the WS and when playing LIE on age, were literally smothered. With that being said, this is all irrelevant now, since the "on age" tournament is over. But please, leave the self righteous nonsense at home that the older players didn't matter.

His defenders came out earlier when I put "all turn 13 during school year " instead of 14.

They are holdbacks/reclass/prefirst or whatever. They have a one year advantage over others the exact same birthday. Their parents choose to hold them back and turn them into one of the oldest out on field. They are palying down. Simple as that. Like I said, doesn't matter, but stop the spin of garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Lacrosse were calendar year, how the landscape (and this forum) would be wholly different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a grip. You are over thinking this. If you don’t know the difference between an August birthday and kid who repeats 8th grade then you are and will always be a dumas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a grip. You are over thinking this. If you don’t know the difference between an August birthday and kid who repeats 8th grade then you are and will always be a dumas.
BOTH are holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea and August birthdays have a HUGE advantage over the kids born one month later than them. Huge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea and August birthdays have a HUGE advantage over the kids born one month later than them. Huge.

There is a lot of physical growth and maturity that can happen in those 720 hours

Like Reply Quote
Page 134 of 267 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard