BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,631
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 133 of 267 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is going to be the St Paulโ€™s feeder, from what Iโ€™m hearing.

Rock and Breakers not cutting it? LOL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Black Ops 2026 playing in:

Great 8 2021
Jul 19 - 22, 2021
Greenwich, CT

VLC was added to Black Ops name for WSYL because the team had to be affiliated with a club, Is it no longer needed? Will the same boys be playing? New boys? New club? Lots of questions.

https://tourneymachine.com/Public/R...ivision=h20210705141040635278d22f6f32a46

๐Ÿš†๐Ÿš†๐Ÿš†๐Ÿš†๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€

This is basically the kickoff tournament for the DC Express 2026 team, but he is using the Black Ops name (and dropping VLC) because the name Black Ops carries more cache up north in Connecticut than "DC Express." Anywhere north of the DMV, DC Express is considered a temporary, minor league team to Long Island Express, and would not merit an invitation to the "Great 8." Without the players from other clubs, this team will have a hard time matching its WSYL success. More importantly, if your son wants to be on DC Express but he was not invited to play for "Black Ops" in this tournament, you should expect to be on the orange team in the fall, or looking for a new program.

So that answers many people's question - are they going to stay a team? ---- No.

So let me ask a question... BLC/DCE has been using the Black Ops name for at least four years that I can remember. Why all the sudden were they associated with VLC, who's basically Crabs' Virginia division?

Everyone knows that DC Express was formed to be BLC's high school program. Which is fine, I guess. Is BLC taking a step back from club lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The future of both DC Express and Black Ops are uncertain. They are trying to figure it out now. So anything on this board or on other boards is somebody's prediction or guestimate, nothing more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be talked about is to be feared.
New #1 in town.

Take it to heart!

People talked about Fran Drescher in the 90''s. No one feared her. This is youth lacrosse. Take a step back. No one fears anyone here. It is fun to watch our kids play. And for Hawks dad's it is fine to live yout our own failed dreams through your kids. Black Ops dad sounds like he wants to join that club too.

BlackOps dad here - I sincerely hope no one from this team will act like Hawks Dads. This is youth lacrosse. Many things will change between now and 11th grade. Plus we have no holdbacks. We are thankful that kids and parents had a great time at WSYL. Back to regular club play now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be talked about is to be feared.
New #1 in town.

Take it to heart!

People talked about Fran Drescher in the 90''s. No one feared her. This is youth lacrosse. Take a step back. No one fears anyone here. It is fun to watch our kids play. And for Hawks dad's it is fine to live yout our own failed dreams through your kids. Black Ops dad sounds like he wants to join that club too.

BlackOps dad here - I sincerely hope no one from this team will act like Hawks Dads. This is youth lacrosse. Many things will change between now and 11th grade. Plus we have no holdbacks. We are thankful that kids and parents had a great time at WSYL. Back to regular club play now.

Let's be fair. You can't bunch all Hawks dads together, and there are bad sideline parents on every lacrosse team. There's some on my son's team. Some on Blackops too I'm sure.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Itโ€™s funny to see a Hawks parent being gracious on this board completely ignored while people are yelling at them to stop whining about losing and crowing that their kidsโ€™ time is up. Iโ€™ve seen some Hawks parents show poor sportsmanship. Iโ€™ve also seen them be perfectly gracious, including congratulating Blacks Ops parents after that awesome game. Itโ€™s clear people on here have agendas and they have nothing to do with furthering the sport or their sonโ€™s enjoyment of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, let's be fair, we all have good and bad sideline parents. But the 2026 Hawks have a core group of Dads that are consistently the worst, and they are the face of the team. They are a running joke.

A good lesson for other teams - rein in your obnoxious parents before they become your brand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, let's be fair, we all have good and bad sideline parents. But the 2026 Hawks have a core group of Dads that are consistently the worst, and they are the face of the team. They are a running joke.

A good lesson for other teams - rein in your obnoxious parents before they become your brand.

And by core you mean the two dads who have been fixated on, called out, and ridiculed - sometimes in the snobbiest and elitist way possible - on this board many times. Pounding that drum makes people feel better about themselves, but nobody on this board, including me, should feel empowered to decide who is good or bad, or some teamโ€™s brand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And by core you mean the two dads who have been fixated on, called out, and ridiculed - sometimes in the snobbiest and elitist way possible - on this board many times. Pounding that drum makes people feel better about themselves, but nobody on this board, including me, should feel empowered to decide who is good or bad, or some teamโ€™s brand.

Hawks are just a superior team in all aspects. They will win NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm still waiting to hear about someone walking up and actually saying something to them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it safe to say that of the WSYL teams, the only ones that will look pretty much the same for the rest of the summer will be Express and Sweetlax? Are there other teams that aren't going to add/re-add holdbacks (or really old 2026 players) or simply dismantle their specially built rosters?

I full expect to see the average height on some of these teams increase dramatically in the next two weeks but I am wondering by how much....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm still waiting to hear about someone walking up and actually saying something to them.

That is like pissing upstream - sure it makes a splash, but the end result comes back on you. Their are lots of stunads I come across in every day life that I don't engage. What is the point? Our kids are competing. I don't need to make it about me. Their desire to make themselves the focus is why they are contemptible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as grown men mock youth players from the sideline, they will called low class. If you think that is elitist thinking, so be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iโ€™ve been on the sideline the last 3/4+ years with Hawks/LI Express/Tigers and have cheered for my son and his teammates as well as their opponents goalie saves and good plays. Said good game to parents and weโ€™ll see you again. The negativity against players, teams and parents on this forum is embarrassing. Our boys deserve more than this. Man up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iโ€™ve been on the sideline the last 3/4+ years with Hawks/LI Express/Tigers and have cheered for my son and his teammates as well as their opponents goalie saves and good plays. Said good game to parents and weโ€™ll see you again. The negativity against players, teams and parents on this forum is embarrassing. Our boys deserve more than this. Man up.

ok snowflake

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the best AAA players headed for tryouts? That is the question. If you believe the AAA parents, Crabs/FCA/Looneyโ€™s making lots of calls to come to a practice now, while still in season with your current team, before actual tryouts. What happened to waiting until seasons are over? I donโ€™t get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. What other teams in WSYL played naptown. Donโ€™t think that was smart move for hawks. Also funny how people get so excited to put these all star teams and national teams together to beat reg club teams. I get it nobody likes the hawks but if your putting together a hand picked team of best kids in area you should win. Not to take anything from black ops.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. What other teams in WSYL played naptown. Donโ€™t think that was smart move for hawks. Also funny how people get so excited to put these all star teams and national teams together to beat reg club teams. I get it nobody likes the hawks but if your putting together a hand picked team of best kids in area you should win. Not to take anything from black ops.

Hand picked team is exactly what the Hawks have. They have this process called tryouts where the hand pick the best talent. Another process is called recruiting. Its where the Coach calls the players/ Parents and convinces them that the team they are on is not the right one and that they should come to their team. Its really a cool process. Then you have the best kids from that area and in turn you weaken all surrounding teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hand picked team is exactly what the Hawks have. They have this process called tryouts where the hand pick the best talent. Another process is called recruiting. Its where the Coach calls the players/ Parents and convinces them that the team they are on is not the right one and that they should come to their team. Its really a cool process. Then you have the best kids from that area and in turn you weaken all surrounding teams.

What are you talking about? Everybody has tryouts. However, it's all irrelevant. The best team won and we should move on. I'm not sure what the obsession is with this one event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never seen anyone spin club lacrosse tryouts as some sort of sinister plot to destroy other teams. They only added two players this past year and there's a huge core that's been there from the beginning. Players and families can choose to leave anytime. (They also only added four players from the 2027 Hawks team to replace their four summer birthdays for the WSYL. If they're as sinister as you claim then they would have poached four studs from other clubs.) They have 22 spots. If you think they're filled with the best 22 players in Maryland then you need to pay closer attention during HoCo games. Maybe, just maybe, they're successful for other reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes zero sense. You know how many kids tryout for that hawks team every year? Nobody makes them. All the best kids from Maryland are not on the hawks team. Last I checked crabs are pretty good at 26. But doesnโ€™t matter we all know most people donโ€™t like the hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes zero sense. You know how many kids tryout for that hawks team every year? Nobody makes them. All the best kids from Maryland are not on the hawks team. Last I checked crabs are pretty good at 26. But doesnโ€™t matter we all know most people donโ€™t like the hawks.
Thanks Crabs dad. No comparison when it was your 25s who had to move down to help you get pretty good. Keep it real. You were average before them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've never seen anyone spin club lacrosse tryouts as some sort of sinister plot to destroy other teams. They only added two players this past year and there's a huge core that's been there from the beginning. Players and families can choose to leave anytime. (They also only added four players from the 2027 Hawks team to replace their four summer birthdays for the WSYL. If they're as sinister as you claim then they would have poached four studs from other clubs.) They have 22 spots. If you think they're filled with the best 22 players in Maryland then you need to pay closer attention during HoCo games. Maybe, just maybe, they're successful for other reasons.

You obviously are not in the know about your team. Rage has gone after STUDS but haven't landed them. Trust me. He would replace at least 2 if he could get them there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously are not in the know about your team. Rage has gone after STUDS but haven't landed them. Trust me. He would replace at least 2 if he could get them there.

Guess your son will be going to tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So do the Hawks "have the best kids from that area" because they steal them or not? I don't get it. Or do you just post nonsense on boards and then contradict yourself to try to make other points? I'm not in the know because it's not my team. I just enjoy calling out fools.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Insults or Harsh Words not permitted
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Crabs dad. No comparison when it was your 25s who had to move down to help you get pretty good. Keep it real. You were average before them.

Nice try buddy. Not a crabs dad and my son isnโ€™t a hawk or 26 I just know the hawks 26 team and a lot of there kids. Still donโ€™t understand why people detest them so much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try buddy. Not a crabs dad and my son isnโ€™t a hawk or 26 I just know the hawks 26 team and a lot of there kids. Still donโ€™t understand why people detest them so much.

2 reasons - their coach and their parents. Just go back through this forum for examples of their parents. There a lot of successful teams that people don't detest. It is their loud mouthed braggadocio and belittling of all kids who don't make or support their team that invites derision. There may be some nice parents, but there are enough fools to make it their brand. Their coach is just emblematic of a reason to leave youth sports.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Harsh words not permitted
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 reasons - their coach and their parents. Just go back through this forum for examples of their parents. There a lot of successful teams that people don't detest. It is their loud mouthed braggadocio and belittling of all kids who don't make or support their team that invites derision. There may be some nice parents, but there are enough fools to make it their brand. Their coach is just emblematic of a reason to leave youth sports.

And yet lots of great kids and families stick around. Nobodyโ€™s perfect, but you posting on here isnโ€™t making you the courageous ombudsman for youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't kid yourself. There is not a huge core from the beginning of the Hawks team.
2 defenders
2 middies
1 attack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't kid yourself. There is not a huge core from the beginning of the Hawks team.
2 defenders
2 middies
1 attack

Wow thatโ€™s all it takes to be #1 in HOCO? Everyone should take notes 5 good players is all you really need

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 defenders
2 middies
1 attack

Enough. We're all worried for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 defenders
2 middies
1 attack

โ˜โ˜โ˜ Facts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quint: Looking Back At the Seventh (and Sixth) World Series of Youth Lacrosse

Two 13U/2026 boys, one from BLC and the other FCA, mentioned.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...nd-sixth-world-series-of-youth-lacrosse/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the correct link. Impressive for all the boys mentioned
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...xth-world-series-of-youth-lacrosse/58176

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF National Championships
Jul 16 - 18, 2021
Amherst, MA

MD Teams: Hawks, Team 91 MD, Madlax

https://tourneymachine.com/Public/R...ivision=h202107100137525042497c7fab6be44

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Express.
2. Tigers
3. Blackops (beat hawks)
4. Sweetlax (stings but 0-6 vs Express)
5. Hawks (lost to VLC, Stealth, Tigers, Edge, LXC)
6. LXC
7. Towermen
8. Crabs
then bumkiss nada zero after

Sweetlax clearly second only to express at WSYL. That should have been the final two teams. After them it should be
Tigers, Black Ops, Towermen.

Towermen? Come on. What top team have they beaten?

LOL. This hasn't aged well after this past weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 defenders
2 middies
1 attack

โ˜โ˜โ˜ Facts!

I'm amazed that anyone knows another teams roster with those details

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Express.
2. Tigers
3. Blackops (beat hawks)
4. Sweetlax (stings but 0-6 vs Express)
5. Hawks (lost to VLC, Stealth, Tigers, Edge, LXC)
6. LXC
7. Towermen
8. Crabs
then bumkiss nada zero after

Sweetlax clearly second only to express at WSYL. That should have been the final two teams. After them it should be
Tigers, Black Ops, Towermen.

Towermen? Come on. What top team have they beaten?

LOL. This hasn't aged well after this past weekend.

Wins over Sweetlax, 3D NE (twice), and LI Express.
OT losses to Hawks and Tigers.
Probably a top 5 team after this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 defenders
2 middies
1 attack

โ˜โ˜โ˜ Facts!

I'm amazed that anyone knows another teams roster with those details

Don't be. There's some nuts out there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hand picked team is exactly what the Hawks have. They have this process called tryouts where the hand pick the best talent. Another process is called recruiting. Its where the Coach calls the players/ Parents and convinces them that the team they are on is not the right one and that they should come to their team. Its really a cool process. Then you have the best kids from that area and in turn you weaken all surrounding teams.[/quote]

I've never seen anyone spin club lacrosse tryouts as some sort of sinister plot to destroy other teams. They only added two players this past year and there's a huge core that's been there from the beginning. Players and families can choose to leave anytime. (They also only added four players from the 2027 Hawks team to replace their four summer birthdays for the WSYL. If they're as sinister as you claim then they would have poached four studs from other clubs.) They have 22 spots. If you think they're filled with the best 22 players in Maryland then you need to pay closer attention during HoCo games. Maybe, just maybe, they're successful for other reasons.[/quote]

2 defenders
2 middies
1 attack[/quote]

โ˜โ˜โ˜ Facts![/quote]

I'm amazed that anyone knows another teams roster with those details[/quote]

Don't be. There's some nuts out there[/quote]

When did the Hawks team start? What team stays mostly in tact from 2nd - 3rd grade through middle school?

Like Reply Quote
Page 133 of 267 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard