BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,631
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 99 of 267 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Exactly. If they are not already, all of the Hawks kids are going to start getting looks from prospective colleges either directly or indirectly by simply playing on a top 3 team. When these recruiters come out and sit on the sidelines with you, I would strongly recommend you and the other parents be on your best behavior. If I were to have to choose between two fairly evenly-matched prospects I will choose the kid whose parents did not stand out (in a negative way) during games 100% of the time.

Post of the year. Hilarious....College coaches looking at seventh graders!!!

Coaches from Glen Burnie, Old MIll, and Arundel will be at Hawks next game. Will be offering team full rides!!!!!

Oh come on now.... the coaches from Severna Park, Broadneck, and Spalding will be there also.

So funny!!! Thank you for checking this guy! Nobody is looking for little Johnny yet, there are fifty more just like him.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. If they are not already, all of the Hawks kids are going to start getting looks from prospective colleges either directly or indirectly by simply playing on a top 3 team. When these recruiters come out and sit on the sidelines with you, I would strongly recommend you and the other parents be on your best behavior. If I were to have to choose between two fairly evenly-matched prospects I will choose the kid whose parents did not stand out (in a negative way) during games 100% of the time.

Coaches from Glen Burnie, Old MIll, and Arundel will be at Hawks next game. Will be offering team full rides!!!!!

Nice. But seriously no prep school is giving full rides unless you live in a trailer park. If you are going to pay full freight you will get in, but that would happen even if you didn’t play lacrosse. As for colleges, you need the grades. Too many good lacrosse players to choose from, it will come down to who is more competitive academically.

Exactly. If you are a top player in your graduating class with well to do parents and C grades, you pay full price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only two games from HOCO yesterday for the 26 Elite Division: 91 squeaked past FCA in OT 8-7, and Crabs beat Looney's 6-5. FCA was leading most of the game, but fell apart near the end. Crabs and Looney's was a roller coaster, but the Crabs prevailed in the end. (“Quote”)

The Crabs/Looney’s game was a great game as the last few have been. (“Quote”)

I saw there was a big WSYL thing in DE this weekend. Why were they not playing in that. There was a lot of quality
competition and expected to see them. What happened? (“Quote”)

I am a Crabs dad and will be straight with my answer to the question from my perspective. First I cannot speak about Looney’s as I do not know the inner workings of their team. As for Crabs, the team did not play in WSYL for the simple reason that over 1/2 of the team is well over the age rule that is part of the tournament. As recently as two years ago the 26 Crabs were not very competitive. To address this the team added in summer 2019 a number of players that were born before the WSYL age limit. At the time the club gave this no mind as there was no intention to travel to Denver for WSYL. At this past summer’s tryouts the team had a complete makeover by adding ten kids who were 2025 Crabs that choose to reclassify to a 2026 graduation year. These new players, most of whom were nearly 14 when they joined the team, clearly did not meet the age rule of WSYL. Again WSYL appeared to not be a factor in adding these players given its legacy Denver location and the team’s history of not bearing the expense of this tournament.

While WSYL announced a change to its location after Crabs tryouts it in no way impacted the focus of the 26 team, which is to be the dominant club lacrosse team for the leagues and tournaments the Crabs choose to play in. The team is well on its way to accomplishing this given the competitiveness of the current roster. While some raise issues of “holdbacks” the team adheres to the rules that apply to the tournaments where the team chooses to play. If it turns out over time the 26 Crabs team has an entire roster of “holdbacks” so be it and expect no apologies for this outcome. Ultimately the development of the players and the scoreboard will speak for the success of the team. My bet is by 9th grade the team will be the most dominant team in the area, if not the country, for the 2026 grad year. Just one man’s opinion.....

Can I ask a question and this is not a shot. If a parent or kid asks why they have to repeat a year in school. Is the answer as honest as yours about needing to repeat a year of school for the glory of youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For WSYL, parents had to submit birth certificates, proof of residency (report card or school identification card from current academic year & valid parent Driver’s License), and verification of health insurance accepted in the United States.

How is the graduation year even verified in leagues or tournaments? Who verifies players are in the grade (graduation year) the teams say they are?

Are holdbacks really held back in school? Or just held back in the lacrosse organization? Not good enough to play on the 2025 team, then we'll have you play on the 2026!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For WSYL, parents had to submit birth certificates, proof of residency (report card or school identification card from current academic year & valid parent Driver’s License), and verification of health insurance accepted in the United States.

How is the graduation year even verified in leagues or tournaments? Who verifies players are in the grade (graduation year) the teams say they are?

Are holdbacks really held back in school? Or just held back in the lacrosse organization? Not good enough to play on the 2025 team, then we'll have you play on the 2026!

I would think so. If not, and they are really in 8th grade now, they wont be able to play club lacrosse next year while they are on their freshman team in HS.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think so. If not, and they are really in 8th grade now, they wont be able to play club lacrosse next year while they are on their freshman team in HS.

The WS needs to require a photo ID and check in registered players at the main event. Rumor has it there were a number of kids playing this past weekend that are too old for the 13U age group. They eligible kids or siblings names/birthdates for the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The WS needs to require a photo ID and check in registered players at the main event. Rumor has it there were a number of kids playing this past weekend that are too old for the 13U age group. They eligible kids or siblings names/birthdates for the roster.

Get out of here? What teams are rumored to have been doing that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Crabs dad and will be straight with my answer to the question from my perspective. First I cannot speak about Looney’s as I do not know the inner workings of their team. As for Crabs, the team did not play in WSYL for the simple reason that over 1/2 of the team is well over the age rule that is part of the tournament. As recently as two years ago the 26 Crabs were not very competitive. To address this the team added in summer 2019 a number of players that were born before the WSYL age limit. At the time the club gave this no mind as there was no intention to travel to Denver for WSYL. At this past summer’s tryouts, the team had a complete makeover by adding ten kids who were 2025 Crabs that choose to reclassify to a 2026 graduation year. These new players, most of whom were nearly 14 when they joined the team, clearly did not meet the age rule of WSYL. Again WSYL appeared to not be a factor in adding these players given its legacy Denver location and the team’s history of not bearing the expense of this tournament.

While WSYL announced a change to its location after Crabs tryouts it in no way impacted the focus of the 26 team, which is to be the dominant club lacrosse team for the leagues and tournaments the Crabs choose to play in. The team is well on its way to accomplishing this given the competitiveness of the current roster. While some raise issues of “holdbacks” the team adheres to the rules that apply to the tournaments where the team chooses to play. If it turns out over time the 26 Crabs team has an entire roster of “holdbacks” so be it and expect no apologies for this outcome. Ultimately the development of the players and the scoreboard will speak for the success of the team. My bet is by 9th grade the team will be the most dominant team in the area, if not the country, for the 2026 grad year. Just one man’s opinion.....

Beating the Looneys by 1 means you are average at best not elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone with decent photos photoshop skills could have circumvented the verification process for this tournament. There were people that did it....fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Crabs dad and will be straight with my answer to the question from my perspective. First I cannot speak about Looney’s as I do not know the inner workings of their team. As for Crabs, the team did not play in WSYL for the simple reason that over 1/2 of the team is well over the age rule that is part of the tournament. As recently as two years ago the 26 Crabs were not very competitive. To address this the team added in summer 2019 a number of players that were born before the WSYL age limit. At the time the club gave this no mind as there was no intention to travel to Denver for WSYL. At this past summer’s tryouts, the team had a complete makeover by adding ten kids who were 2025 Crabs that choose to reclassify to a 2026 graduation year. These new players, most of whom were nearly 14 when they joined the team, clearly did not meet the age rule of WSYL. Again WSYL appeared to not be a factor in adding these players given its legacy Denver location and the team’s history of not bearing the expense of this tournament.

Anxious to see your sons team line up against that Defense and those 3 LPs; good luck!! #packice

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice. But seriously no prep school is giving full rides unless you live in a trailer park. If you are going to pay full freight you will get in, but that would happen even if you didn’t play lacrosse. As for colleges, you need the grades. Too many good lacrosse players to choose from, it will come down to who is more competitive academically.

Exactly. If you are a top player in your graduating class with well to do parents and C grades, you pay full price.

So misinformed. The parents don't advertise it but the most popular example is Schnellenberger from UVA went from STAB to Bullis on a full ride for 1 year and then ran back to STAB because of the uproar. Parents of athletes, regardless of the sport, shop around for the best deal. How do you think GP's FOGO got there from Richmond? They were looking to play in the IAC and found the best deal, plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone with decent photos photoshop skills could have circumvented the verification process for this tournament. There were people that did it....fact

Unless it was YOU. No one did that. Good job attempting to stir a pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They (kid included) must feel real good about themselves. Hopefully they lose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax beat Looneys by 4.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully they implement a procedure to prevent this fraud in July. Entire teams should be disqualified if they are found cheating. Birth month August 2007 is too old for this tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sir or ma'am are a complete hammerhead; sorry your sons team could not qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know about this but there was a player who is a key player for his team but is too old to play in the event and made the trip to cheer his team on which is nice. On Sunday he appeared on the field for the consolation rounds. It was not to let him be a part of the experience. I don't know how his parents and he felt about this but they went threw with it so in the end they knew they were cheating even if the team no longer had a shot of qualifying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know about this but there was a player who is a key player for his team but is too old to play in the event and made the trip to cheer his team on which is nice. On Sunday he appeared on the field for the consolation rounds. It was not to let him be a part of the experience. I don't know how his parents and he felt about this but they went threw with it so in the end they knew they were cheating even if the team no longer had a shot of qualifying.

Going along to cheer for his team is indeed nice. But playing as an over-age player, not so much. WSYL should take action against the program, or people will wonder which other teams are using overage players, consolation round or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully they implement a procedure to prevent this fraud in July. Entire teams should be disqualified if they are found cheating. Birth month August 2007 is too old for this tourney.

Sir are you suggesting a Hawks parent did the photoshop violation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone with decent photos photoshop skills could have circumvented the verification process for this tournament. There were people that did it....fact[/quote]

Unless it was YOU. No one did that. Good job attempting to stir a pot.[/quote]

I don't know about this but there was a player who is a key player for his team but is too old to play in the event and made the trip to cheer his team on which is nice. On Sunday he appeared on the field for the consolation rounds. It was not to let him be a part of the experience. I don't know how his parents and he felt about this but they went threw with it so in the end they knew they were cheating even if the team no longer had a shot of qualifying.[/quote]

Going along to cheer for his team is indeed nice. But playing as an over-age player, not so much. WSYL should take action against the program, or people will wonder which other teams are using overage players, consolation round or not.[/quote]

It sounds like they were eliminated already, but maybe some action against the program is warranted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All you have to do is name the team. If you are that outraged, naming the team will trigger a response - good or bad. Who knows, maybe both teams agreed to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who else was surprised to see the few of those Hawks players were actually on age

🙋‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]For WSYL, parents had to submit birth certificates, proof of residency (report card or school identification card from current academic year & valid parent Driver’s License), and verification of health insurance accepted in the United States.

Are holdbacks really held back in school? Or just held back in the lacrosse organization? Not good enough to play on the 2025 team, then we'll have you play on the

All you have to do is name the team. If you are that outraged, naming the team will trigger a response - good or bad. Who knows, maybe both teams agreed to it.

DO IT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look unless you are going to take action an file a formal complaint against a team or teams, then stop complaining about it here in this forum. We all know there's an ability for any team to break the rules, It's not like they checked kids in and verified before they stepped on the field. Any kid could have gone on that field and played. I'm just tired of the constant complaints and waste of useful topics in this forum. So put up or shut up. Provide the proof and file a formal complaint or go complain someplace else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]For WSYL, parents had to submit birth certificates, proof of residency (report card or school identification card from current academic year & valid parent Driver’s License), and verification of health insurance accepted in the United States.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Parent of a player who's team *did* qualify this past weekend here, There were TWO teams playing this weekend who didn't pass the eye test. I am not saying anyone is cheating but when you went by these two teams' games you said "Wow, I didn't realize there was a 2024 division" Some kids mature faster and some teams are drawing from very large populations so it is possible they found 7-10 6'+ 180+lbs boys who all are u13 years old and got them all to join the same team. It could happen.

Those two teams are going to tear up the WSYL (both obviously qualified). I don't think any "normal looking" u13 team has a chance against either of them. If they are all "of age" then good on them. They deserve the praise. If not....well.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parent of a player who's team *did* qualify this past weekend here, There were TWO teams playing this weekend who didn't pass the eye test. I am not saying anyone is cheating but when you went by these two teams' games you said "Wow, I didn't realize there was a 2024 division" Some kids mature faster and some teams are drawing from very large populations so it is possible they found 7-10 6'+ 180+lbs boys who all are u13 years old and got them all to join the same team. It could happen.

Those two teams are going to tear up the WSYL (both obviously qualified). I don't think any "normal looking" u13 team has a chance against either of them. If they are all "of age" then good on them. They deserve the praise. If not....well.....

LOL. Too tall? Too fast? Too Strong? Too good? MUST be too old. stop it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drink more milk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how no one will name a team but will write a novel about cheating. Put it in writing!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again one of this most misinformed, ignorant posts I have read! It is so easy to sit back and point figures and stir the pot; this is what our society does these days when lil Johnny is getting beaten down by a better player!! Where is your proof? Until you provide it keep your mouth shut or come speak to me on the sidelines next Sunday!!

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look unless you are going to take action an file a formal complaint against a team or teams, then stop complaining about it here in this forum. We all know there's an ability for any team to break the rules, It's not like they checked kids in and verified before they stepped on the field. Any kid could have gone on that field and played. I'm just tired of the constant complaints and waste of useful topics in this forum. So put up or shut up. Provide the proof and file a formal complaint or go complain someplace else.

Fair point. I take it as not a shot on the offending player/parents/coaches/team/club but a need for a better check in. Which can always still be cheated because folks are desperate. My son was always big for his age so for football we got him a state-issued ID before it was even required by out league. Any complaint needed to be done on the field right then and there..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again one of this most misinformed, ignorant posts I have read! It is so easy to sit back and point figures and stir the pot; this is what our society does these days when lil Johnny is getting beaten down by a better player!! Where is your proof? Until you provide it keep your mouth shut or come speak to me on the sidelines next Sunday!!

I have heard mumbling from opposing team's parents about my son in the past. He is on age for the WS. If he was born before 9-1-2007 and his coaches asked me to photo shop his birth cert and lie to get him in to the WS, I think it would be time for a new organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just tired of finger pointing and complaints, this was more about people complaining and doing nothing about it. If someone did cheat the system then as a parent or coach that's an awful thing to teach your kids / players. At the end of the day win or lose my sons team can look itself in the mirror and know they did it the right way. As a parent that's more important to me than wins or losses, what someone else did or didn't do. It's sad that over the years so much integrity has been lost in youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an anonymous forum, go ahead and post the teams in violation. If you don’t, then you have no valid claim here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't you stop laughing and read more closely. The PP was not referring to speed, strength, or skill, only height and weight. If a u13 team has 7 to 10 players who are over 6' and 180 pounds, that is saying something. That is bigger than a lot of adults. If teams did cheat, I hope somebody follows through and calls them out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an anonymous forum, go ahead and post the teams in violation. If you don’t, then you have no valid claim here.

Yes, go ahead and name of the team who used an over-age player in the consolation game.

It will probably prompt the team to self-report to WSYL, and make everybody reading this board to think twice before ignoring rules in the future.

For the good of the game, let's hear the team name!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is simply too late anyway doubt it made a difference in the consolation games. I wouldn't be surprised if it was parent on the offending team and who feels bad about it because if the opposing teams knew they would have reported. If this is the case it is understandable you felt you couldn't do anything about it at the time. If you lost that's karma, if you won, whatever, seems like you feel it wasn't worth it. Know this is what your team is about and make the move before the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are holdbacks really held back in school? Or just held back in the lacrosse organization? Not good enough to play on the 2025 team, then we'll have you play on the

DO IT!

You can't use over-age players in a tournament, even if the other team agrees (which I am sure they didn't), or even if it is the consolation round. The team willfully broke the rules. And if the over-age player traveled to Delaware merely to cheer on his teammates, which is a bit of a stretch in itself, I wonder why he brought his equipment? Let's hear the team name, please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DO IT!

You can't use over-age players in a tournament, even if the other team agrees (which I am sure they didn't), or even if it is the consolation round. The team willfully broke the rules. And if the over-age player traveled to Delaware merely to cheer on his teammates, which is a bit of a stretch in itself, I wonder why he brought his equipment? Let's hear the team name, please.

wow that IS a good point. Although everything can be borrowed but good point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The name of the team is wishful thinking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DO IT!

wow that IS a good point. Although everything can be borrowed but good point

sure, I would love to pay 1,600 for my son to play in the WSYL, get knocked out in qualifiers, then ride the bench in the last game or two so an over-age, non-rostered player can borrow his equipment (and uniform) to soak in the whole WSYL experience. no problem!

Like Reply Quote
Page 99 of 267 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard