BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,631
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 98 of 267 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Apparently the RRs did not do well. Why were they there? Looks like rec league scores.

They looked rough. But they looked they had a few decent players- 0,7, 14

I thought 95 was strong

Sounds like a parent or a one of the coaches putting these numbers out there.
Clearly is

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the finals. Sidelines seemed respectful. I saw Hawks and Tiger parents interacting throughout the game, believe it or not, with smiles. After the game at the hat hand out and pictures kids from both teams were congratulating one another. Congrats to both teams and the other 10 teams that qualified this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks Parents: Congratulations for your boys going undefeated this weekend. They played incredible: face off and goalie play was top notch.

Hawks Parents: There is absolutely no reason you all have to be so obnoxious on the sidelines. You are giving your kids bad reputations when they are really phenomenal athletes.

Well said. Lacrosse is a small world, and your son’s names are becoming known, and you are giving them bad reputations that will stick with them in HS and college.

Exactly. If they are not already, all of the Hawks kids are going to start getting looks from prospective colleges either directly or indirectly by simply playing on a top 3 team. When these recruiters come out and sit on the sidelines with you, I would strongly recommend you and the other parents be on your best behavior. If I were to have to choose between two fairly evenly-matched prospects I will choose the kid whose parents did not stand out (in a negative way) during games 100% of the time.

Coach here: spot on. When someone contacts me about prospectives, the very first question they ask me is "what are the parents like" or "tell me about the parents". Every time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tigers parents and fans are great!!! Always fun to play them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely a parent and/or a coach...RR has some good talent but the coaches are killing this team. There is no offense to speak off, no cutting or play calling. They have two talent attackmen (I think 0 is one of them, I think 11 is the other) and if they were on another team they would be major contributors. I've seen 11 make some amazing passes in the last couple of games when we've played them but his teammates can't catch the ball...that's on the coaches. Something is going on with the MD RR organization, they have no team under 2026, they don't seem to invest in good coaching and they don't seem to care to develop their players. I would think the talent will leave soon.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. If they are not already, all of the Hawks kids are going to start getting looks from prospective colleges either directly or indirectly by simply playing on a top 3 team. When these recruiters come out and sit on the sidelines with you, I would strongly recommend you and the other parents be on your best behavior. If I were to have to choose between two fairly evenly-matched prospects I will choose the kid whose parents did not stand out (in a negative way) during games 100% of the time.

Post of the year. Hilarious....College coaches looking at seventh graders!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds silly, I know, but we're talking about the best team in the country. The successful local high school coaches already know exactly who these boys are. If I'm a college coach or recruiter with ties to the top high school and club lacrosse programs in the area, it is in my best interest to plan for several years in the future so I would absolutely want to keep a pulse on younger talent. These kids will be freshmen in less than 1.5 years and will need to do everything they can to present themselves as well as they possibly can during their entire high school career if they intend to play at the highest levels of college lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a parent or a one of the coaches putting these numbers out there.

Clearly is

Definitely a parent and/or a coach.

Isn't everyone on this board either a parent or a coach?

Couldn't possibly just be someone from the opposing team who was actually watching the game and noticing stand out players. Or could it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I give all the AAA teams credit for entering and leaving it all on the field.
TRW 1-4
Zingos 1-4
Saltwater 2-3
Breakers 0-4
RR 0-4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of Black Ops the Hawks were the class of the field. They are the best team at 2026 and that's a fact. Our parents know where our team is at the moment and our kids need to keep working. Stop complaining and just keep working. Wish our kids could play these teams every weekend. It was actually a good game to be a part of. See you in July!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of Black Ops the Hawks were the class of the field. They are the best team at 2026 and that's a fact. Our parents know where our team is at the moment and our kids need to keep working. Stop complaining and just keep working. Wish our kids could play these teams every weekend. It was actually a good game to be a part of. See you in July!

Well you cant play these teams every weekend since the team is made of players from 5 different clubs - kinda hard to do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well you cant play these teams every weekend since the team is made of players from 5 different clubs - kinda hard to do

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks are a very solid team well coached

Good post Rage!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good post Rage!

You can detest on Coach "Rage" all you want, but your timing isn't great since he just coached his team to a 6-0 weekend. Maybe just be quiet for now. When they lose you can come out dancing and acting like a child.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I give all the AAA teams credit for entering and leaving it all on the field.
TRW 1-4
Zingos 1-4
Saltwater 2-3
Breakers 0-4
RR 0-4
Agree. These teams played hard against some crazy good competition. Respect for showing up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good post Rage!

You can detest on Coach "Rage" all you want, but your timing isn't great since he just coached his team to a 6-0 weekend. Maybe just be quiet for now. When they lose you can come out dancing and acting like a child.

On age team that beat two All-Star teams lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely a parent and/or a coach...RR has some good talent but the coaches are killing this team. There is no offense to speak off, no cutting or play calling. They have two talent attackmen (I think 0 is one of them, I think 11 is the other) and if they were on another team they would be major contributors. I've seen 11 make some amazing passes in the last couple of games when we've played them but his teammates can't catch the ball...that's on the coaches. Something is going on with the MD RR organization, they have no team under 2026, they don't seem to invest in good coaching and they don't seem to care to develop their players. I would think the talent will leave soon.
RR26 is a great AAA team with talented players all over the field, not just 11 and 0. Stop calling out your kid’s teammates. Not cool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR26 is a great AAA team with talented players all over the field, not just 11 and 0. Stop calling out your kid’s teammates. Not cool.

Folks tryin to defend RR and the other AAA teams. Don't get your back up over folks who left your club angry not worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only two games from HOCO yesterday for the 26 Elite Division: 91 squeaked past FCA in OT 8-7, and Crabs beat Looney's 6-5. FCA was leading most of the game, but fell apart near the end. Crabs and Looney's was a roller coaster, but the Crabs prevailed in the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
on Saturday.[/quote]
Trw could surprise but they have a tough draw with bbl and towerman. If they beat either, they will qualify. Pool d will be the only drama and close games on Saturday.

TRW lost their best player to Madlax (he is also on their Monuments team). He was their everything, fogo, facilitator and scorer.....

Proved to be the difference.....and TM really got the raw end of their seed.....no chance Jersey Express is better than TM, BBL, Madlax, Blackops, True Annapolis or True NJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only two games from HOCO yesterday for the 26 Elite Division: 91 squeaked past FCA in OT 8-7, and Crabs beat Looney's 6-5. FCA was leading most of the game, but fell apart near the end. Crabs and Looney's was a roller coaster, but the Crabs prevailed in the end.

The Crabs/Looney’s game was a great game as the last few have been.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw there was a big WSYL thing in DE this weekend. Why were they not playing in that. There was a lot of quality competition and expected to see them. What happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is another one pretending not to be the parent of one of these kids. This is pathetic. Great job alienating the rest of your team. It appears you were upset your child number was not listed in earlier post and calling out your own coach that is messed up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New 26 rankings after 2 weeks
1. hawks
2. 91
3. Madlax
4. crabs
5. Looneys
6. BLC
7. VLC
8. True
9. FCA
10. NL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw there was a big WSYL thing in DE this weekend. Why were they not playing in that. There was a lot of quality
competition and expected to see them. What happened?

Better competition in Maryland; no reason to travel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw there was a big WSYL thing in DE this weekend. Why were they not playing in that. There was a lot of quality

HOCO best league in the country, why bother with less.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New 26 rankings after 2 weeks
1. hawks
2. 91
3. Madlax
4. crabs
5. Looneys
6. BLC
7. VLC
8. True
9. FCA
10. NL

Good ole 91 Dad back at it! Terrible. You beat the 2 worst teams in Elite. You will not win another game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because their 2025 teams decided this was a good year to become 2026 players. Too many holdbacks to enter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only two games from HOCO yesterday for the 26 Elite Division: 91 squeaked past FCA in OT 8-7, and Crabs beat Looney's 6-5. FCA was leading most of the game, but fell apart near the end. Crabs and Looney's was a roller coaster, but the Crabs prevailed in the end. (“Quote”)

The Crabs/Looney’s game was a great game as the last few have been. (“Quote”)

competition and expected to see them. What happened? (“Quote”)

I am a Crabs dad and will be straight with my answer to the question from my perspective. First I cannot speak about Looney’s as I do not know the inner workings of their team. As for Crabs, the team did not play in WSYL for the simple reason that over 1/2 of the team is well over the age rule that is part of the tournament. As recently as two years ago the 26 Crabs were not very competitive. To address this the team added in summer 2019 a number of players that were born before the WSYL age limit. At the time the club gave this no mind as there was no intention to travel to Denver for WSYL. At this past summer’s tryouts the team had a complete makeover by adding ten kids who were 2025 Crabs that choose to reclassify to a 2026 graduation year. These new players, most of whom were nearly 14 when they joined the team, clearly did not meet the age rule of WSYL. Again WSYL appeared to not be a factor in adding these players given its legacy Denver location and the team’s history of not bearing the expense of this tournament.

While WSYL announced a change to its location after Crabs tryouts it in no way impacted the focus of the 26 team, which is to be the dominant club lacrosse team for the leagues and tournaments the Crabs choose to play in. The team is well on its way to accomplishing this given the competitiveness of the current roster. While some raise issues of “holdbacks” the team adheres to the rules that apply to the tournaments where the team chooses to play. If it turns out over time the 26 Crabs team has an entire roster of “holdbacks” so be it and expect no apologies for this outcome. Ultimately the development of the players and the scoreboard will speak for the success of the team. My bet is by 9th grade the team will be the most dominant team in the area, if not the country, for the 2026 grad year. Just one man’s opinion.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hardly....Very Easy Answer,,,holdbacks/Prefirst or whatever you want to call them. 25 and 26 are reclassifying as they learn that their sons cant compete against on age players. Really very simple concept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is another one pretending not to be the parent of one of these kids. This is pathetic. Great job alienating the rest of your team. It appears you were upset your child number was not listed in earlier post and calling out your own coach that is messed up.

I agree but the coaches are killing this team with daddy ball. Why would you put your kid back in when he caused two penalties in final minutes of a close game. Coach apparently doesn’t know his team. Great he played at D1 he sure does not coach like it. It appears many of the team parents are disgusted by this favoritism and lack of player development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My bet is on #11’s dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only two games from HOCO yesterday for the 26 Elite Division: 91 squeaked past FCA in OT 8-7, and Crabs beat Looney's 6-5. FCA was leading most of the game, but fell apart near the end. Crabs and Looney's was a roller coaster, but the Crabs prevailed in the end. (“Quote”)

I am a Crabs dad and will be straight with my answer to the question from my perspective. First I cannot speak about Looney’s as I do not know the inner workings of their team. As for Crabs, the team did not play in WSYL for the simple reason that over 1/2 of the team is well over the age rule that is part of the tournament. As recently as two years ago the 26 Crabs were not very competitive. To address this the team added in summer 2019 a number of players that were born before the WSYL age limit. At the time the club gave this no mind as there was no intention to travel to Denver for WSYL. At this past summer’s tryouts the team had a complete makeover by adding ten kids who were 2025 Crabs that choose to reclassify to a 2026 graduation year. These new players, most of whom were nearly 14 when they joined the team, clearly did not meet the age rule of WSYL. Again WSYL appeared to not be a factor in adding these players given its legacy Denver location and the team’s history of not bearing the expense of this tournament.

While WSYL announced a change to its location after Crabs tryouts it in no way impacted the focus of the 26 team, which is to be the dominant club lacrosse team for the leagues and tournaments the Crabs choose to play in. The team is well on its way to accomplishing this given the competitiveness of the current roster. While some raise issues of “holdbacks” the team adheres to the rules that apply to the tournaments where the team chooses to play. If it turns out over time the 26 Crabs team has an entire roster of “holdbacks” so be it and expect no apologies for this outcome. Ultimately the development of the players and the scoreboard will speak for the success of the team. My bet is by 9th grade the team will be the most dominant team in the area, if not the country, for the 2026 grad year. Just one man’s opinion.....

At least this dude owns it, it would appear at least 15 of the 2026 Crabs are reclassed players. I would think that would give them the trophy for most re classes players. That should put them in position to be the best 2026 team in the country.

We don’t have to like it but it is within the rules of all leagues and events with the exception of the WSYL. Now the question is will the Crabs back up this mans statement by dominating on the filed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Crabs dad and will be straight with my answer to the question from my perspective. First I cannot speak about Looney’s as I do not know the inner workings of their team. As for Crabs, the team did not play in WSYL for the simple reason that over 1/2 of the team is well over the age rule that is part of the tournament. As recently as two years ago the 26 Crabs were not very competitive. To address this the team added in summer 2019 a number of players that were born before the WSYL age limit. At the time the club gave this no mind as there was no intention to travel to Denver for WSYL. At this past summer’s tryouts, the team had a complete makeover by adding ten kids who were 2025 Crabs that choose to reclassify to a 2026 graduation year. These new players, most of whom were nearly 14 when they joined the team, clearly did not meet the age rule of WSYL. Again WSYL appeared to not be a factor in adding these players given its legacy Denver location and the team’s history of not bearing the expense of this tournament.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least this dude owns it, it would appear at least 15 of the 2026 Crabs are reclassed players. I would think that would give them the trophy for most re classes players. That should put them in position to be the best 2026 team in the country.

We don’t have to like it but it is within the rules of all leagues and events with the exception of the WSYL. Now the question is will the Crabs back up this mans statement by dominating on the filed?

Let’s not crown them yet... they barely won against Looney’s. Crabs won every face off but one. what would have happened if Looney’s won 30% They won the game on an unforced error leaving them one on one with the goalie. It was a great game!

So 15 holdbacks, starters? vs 3 starting holdbacks. They are a very good team and one of the best. No doubt. But... My guess is they don’t beat the hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Major props for owning it and it is within the rules. BLC has a bunch of holdbacks, which is why they had to join w NL and VLC to make BlackOps. It will be interesting to see how the Crabs fair as the holdback advantage tends to disappear in HS. The boys are used to playing against all ages by then and the talent tends to rise to the top no matter the age. Having older boys, I have seen the best teams in MS be avg by HS for a variety of reasons, of which holdback advantage going away is one of them. For the time being, it is up to the rest of us to try and figure out how to beat them and the the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches from Glen Burnie, Old MIll, and Arundel will be at Hawks next game. Will be offering team full rides!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches from Glen Burnie, Old MIll, and Arundel will be at Hawks next game. Will be offering team full rides!!!!!

Nice. But seriously no prep school is giving full rides unless you live in a trailer park. If you are going to pay full freight you will get in, but that would happen even if you didn’t play lacrosse. As for colleges, you need the grades. Too many good lacrosse players to choose from, it will come down to who is more competitive academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh come on now.... the coaches from Severna Park, Broadneck, and Spalding will be there also.

Like Reply Quote
Page 98 of 267 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard