BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 84 of 85 1 2 82 83 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is one of the many reasons why club lacrosse should move to age-based. Use calendar year, or Sept 1 to Aug 31, it doesn't matter. But just play like against like. No more drama or bad blood, and more even competition for a larger pool of kids. A super team can just play regional tournaments against other super teams, or play up. Dominant kids can play up if that is what the parents want. A much better and more predictable way of having kids (especially ones from different regions) compete, get better and have fun.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This conversation is one of the many reasons why club lacrosse should move to age-based. Use calendar year, or Sept 1 to Aug 31, it doesn't matter. But just play like against like. No more drama or bad blood, and more even competition for a larger pool of kids. A super team can just play regional tournaments against other super teams, or play up. Dominant kids can play up if that is what the parents want. A much better and more predictable way of having kids (especially ones from different regions) compete, get better and have fun.

Give it a break already!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same poster as above, so save your foolish responses. How can you honestly knock what is obviously a pretty accurate statement. While I do not have a kid that plays for 91, there is no question that they are the top 2023 team when age is the deciding factor. The last two weekends of lacrosse were ridiculous, if this keeps up, every club is just going to play kids down and there will be absolutely no advantage anymore. What if 91 were to bring down a few 22's or 21's to play in the 2023 bracket, I bet that you wouldn't be so smug with your comments anymore, and you would probably be the first to complain that they only won because they used older kids. Just think of the distinct advantage the 91 kids will have when they get to high school, they will be use to playing older, bigger and faster kids, while the holdback kids will be in for a rude awakening when they realize that they are mostly average at best. [/quote]

You mean like 2022 91 Smash does when the same kid plays for 2020 and then down at 2022? 91 Smash is a great team with him, but just average with the usual competition without him. They all do it - just sayin.[/quote]

Frankly, it's all a mess. Unfortunately, teams are unwilling to walk away from things like the NLF that provide a venue for the holdback events for fear of losing players. While US lacrosse is not perfect by any means, it could be a vehicle for change if the directors of the big clubs showed some support instead of simply giving in because "everybody else is doing it"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same poster as above, so save your foolish responses. How can you honestly knock what is obviously a pretty accurate statement. While I do not have a kid that plays for 91, there is no question that they are the top 2023 team when age is the deciding factor. The last two weekends of lacrosse were ridiculous, if this keeps up, every club is just going to play kids down and there will be absolutely no advantage anymore. What if 91 were to bring down a few 22's or 21's to play in the 2023 bracket, I bet that you wouldn't be so smug with your comments anymore, and you would probably be the first to complain that they only won because they used older kids. Just think of the distinct advantage the 91 kids will have when they get to high school, they will be use to playing older, bigger and faster kids, while the holdback kids will be in for a rude awakening when they realize that they are mostly average at best.

You mean like 2022 91 Smash does when the same kid plays for 2020 and then down at 2022? 91 Smash is a great team with him, but just average with the usual competition without him. They all do it - just sayin.[/quote]

Frankly, it's all a mess. Unfortunately, teams are unwilling to walk away from things like the NLF that provide a venue for the holdback events for fear of losing players. While US lacrosse is not perfect by any means, it could be a vehicle for change if the directors of the big clubs showed some support instead of simply giving in because "everybody else is doing it"[/quote]

The directors in the big clubs dont just give in, theu support and encourage that status quo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same poster as above, so save your foolish responses. How can you honestly knock what is obviously a pretty accurate statement. While I do not have a kid that plays for 91, there is no question that they are the top 2023 team when age is the deciding factor. The last two weekends of lacrosse were ridiculous, if this keeps up, every club is just going to play kids down and there will be absolutely no advantage anymore. What if 91 were to bring down a few 22's or 21's to play in the 2023 bracket, I bet that you wouldn't be so smug with your comments anymore, and you would probably be the first to complain that they only won because they used older kids. Just think of the distinct advantage the 91 kids will have when they get to high school, they will be use to playing older, bigger and faster kids, while the holdback kids will be in for a rude awakening when they realize that they are mostly average at best.

Frankly, it's all a mess. Unfortunately, teams are unwilling to walk away from things like the NLF that provide a venue for the holdback events for fear of losing players. While US lacrosse is not perfect by any means, it could be a vehicle for change if the directors of the big clubs showed some support instead of simply giving in because "everybody else is doing it"[/quote]

There is a reason that the summer club circuit does not have verifiable rosters at every event..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tryouts today-26th
Expres July31-1st
Igloo July 31-1st
S2S Aug 6/8th

Have to think there is a bit of a shuffle this season with boys trying out for Express who intend on going to one of the Catholics. S2S gonna be picking through the scraps to field a team.

S2S needs a new coach, he jumped ship. There must be chaos in Fantasy land over there. Is Kelly next to go?

Kelly might go with Hagans, who knows the real reason. Heard it was a disaster over there this past year.

Kids are saying one of the coaches sons told everyone he's going back to Express. Could be an issue if others follow.

Hagan's went to Rebels. Wow, what happened over there? Couldn't win Denver and now coaches are leaving.

You guys should really make sure the kids give you the right info before you pretend to be Louis Lane and rebels to the internet wires. He was the coach of the second team. He had nothing to do with the first team.

News flash "He was fired". Kelly might be next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve heard of the key players is leaving S2S. Could be an issue for S2S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone advise on how the playing time is on Igloo, S2S or FL$ 2023 teams.

Any bad experiences with players on Igloo, S2S or FL$.

F$G gets all the players on the field every game, the better players might get a little more playing time but everyone plays.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to some clinic run by F$G last night, how competative is that team I heard they have a good training program all year round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since all the WSYL hype has went away, there are a lot of good alternatives out there to choose from. It's time to focus on lacrosse as a whole opposed to just practicing to win upcoming tournaments.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing a lot of great things from Rebels tryouts a bunch of kids showed up day one and from what I have been hearing a bunch more kids are going to be there on the 6th 7th and 8th good mix of helmets from different my son wasn’t there but after what I have been hearing I think I’m going to check them out wondering what other people thoughts are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At our son’s age, you should be more concerned with field time than who is coaching what. While some coaches are probably better than others, by now your son’s basics should be on point and should now be increasing his lacrosse IQ. You only get that with game time on the field. You need to find a place for your son with a decent coach and where he will play a good amount of time. Sure, your son might be good enough to be on a AA team or A team, but would he see the field? There is no reason to sit the bench just to be on a “named” team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son went to some clinic run by F$G last night, how competative is that team I heard they have a good training program all year round.

played them at Hershey. They were good, but their best shooter had an Igloo helmet on, this years helmet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was there and will NOT be going back. This is shaping up to be a low B team at best. Save your time and $ unless that would be an improvement for your kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team will not be good. I doubt they make it through the season intact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing a lot of great things from Rebels tryouts a bunch of kids showed up day one and from what I have been hearing a bunch more kids are going to be there on the 6th 7th and 8th good mix of helmets from different my son wasn’t there but after what I have been hearing I think I’m going to check them out wondering what other people thoughts are

We were there as well. Notheing new just a rehash of bad things gone by. We will take the loss and not go back. I agree that this is a weak B team in the making

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DK is out. Washes out of Express, Igloo and now S2S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my god, you can't be more BLATANT about who you are anonymously supposed to be. Stop self promoting MB, PB.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hearing a lot of great things from Rebels tryouts a bunch of kids showed up day one and from what I have been hearing a bunch more kids are going to be there on the 6th 7th and 8th good mix of helmets from different my son wasn’t there but after what I have been hearing I think I’m going to check them out wondering what other people thoughts are
My thoughts are..... run as far away as you can, same coaches with most of the players from the old organization. My sons team played them last year and kids are good but several parents are nuts. The coaches complain alot especially when things don't go their way its everyone else's fault attitude. Coaches not setting any good example and out coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hearing a lot of great things from Rebels tryouts a bunch of kids showed up day one and from what I have been hearing a bunch more kids are going to be there on the 6th 7th and 8th good mix of helmets from different my son wasn’t there but after what I have been hearing I think I’m going to check them out wondering what other people thoughts are
My thoughts are..... run as far away as you can, same coaches with most of the players from the old organization. My sons team played them last year and kids are good but several parents are nuts. The coaches complain alot especially when things don't go their way its everyone else's fault attitude. Coaches not setting any good example and out coached.

How do you know who the club is selecting? Maybe they are taking some of the new talented kids that showed up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my god, you can't be more BLATANT about who you are anonymously supposed to be. Stop self promoting MB, PB.

Hysterical. Total joke seeing a post like that. This age group and all others were garbage at those tryouts. B team is being generous. They’re going to need to pay coaches salaries so they’ll be taking whatever they can get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hysterical. Total joke seeing a post like that. This age group and all others were garbage at those tryouts. B team is being generous. They’re going to need to pay coaches salaries so they’ll be taking whatever they can get.

So now you know who they are selecting AND you were at the entire tryout to see the talent level for the entire day?? It’s clear you have an agenda against MB, but I was there, it was great and know many others have felt the same. If you have any beef why don’t you call their office instead of making things up behind a computer screen? Don’t come back to the actual tryouts.

Maybe this is another’s club direct who feels threatened OR heard a lot of his kids were at the Rebels tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now you know who they are selecting AND you were at the entire tryout to see the talent level for the entire day?? It’s clear you have an agenda against MB, but I was there, it was great and know many others have felt the same. If you have any beef why don’t you call their office instead of making things up behind a computer screen? Don’t come back to the actual tryouts.

Maybe this is another’s club direct who feels threatened OR heard a lot of his kids were at the Rebels tryouts?

If you are still looking for that right team when tour son is going into 8th grade... look in the mirror, maybe you are the problem, not the coaches....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team will not be good. I doubt they make it through the season intact

what team are you talking about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is the coaching staff for 2023, I heard a bunch of very good players from top teams are trying out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

played them at Hershey. They were good, but their best shooter had an Igloo helmet on, this years helmet.

I don't know what game you were watching but there was no player with an Igloo helmet,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe tour spelling is the problem.

91 got 100 kids at tryouts for 3 teams and the top 2 will probably take 4-5 kids. If you’re content to pay for Coach’s kids and watch them take all the PT stay where you are....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Higgins doesn't care about anyone other than his son. Big fallout. Should have just kept the 1team and not expanded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't be more wrong. If you are looking for a club for your son, talk to the parents and kids on the team. Don't believe any negativity on this site. Go do your due diligence and go to tryouts and make your own observations. There will always be animosity on this site. It's appalling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Higgins doesn't care about anyone other than his son. Big fallout. Should have just kept the 1team and not expanded.

So what was the big fall out? I think you will seee movement at this age because kids are being perused for high school. O’Rielly is actively recruiting kids for his new coaching gig at LuHigh. If he places kids from outside express you may see them move over to Express. Problem with that is it will bump out other kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 tuition is $3800 for 2023 Bandits and Warriors teams
PLUS a 3.5% processing fee (are you joking, can you say money grab)
So its actually $3933-

91 tuition is $2995 for 2023 Spartans
PLUS a 3.5% processing fee (money grab)
So its actually $3100-

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is DK going????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So its actually $3933-

So its actually $3100-

Aside from the bandits, there are much better options out there. Some at half the price or even less. There’s a team consisting of 100% age eligible players that beat the warriors twice this past season that costs around $1800.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So its actually $3933-

So its actually $3100-

Aside from the bandits, there are much better options out there. Some at half the price or even less. There’s a team consisting of 100% age eligible players that beat the warriors twice this past season that costs around $1800.

The Warriors are not a 4K team, especially how much they struggled this year. Hope kids had other tryouts in their pocket besides the Warriors... Like someone said earlier, run the other way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So its actually $3933-

So its actually $3100-

Oh yeah what team is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So its actually $3933-

So its actually $3100-

For one, they got beat by the Outlaws, second Empire beat them. May not be half the price but much less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So its actually $3933-

So its actually $3100-

For one, they got beat by the Outlaws, second Empire beat them. May not be half the price but much less.

True Blue beat them at LIU and in Rhode Island. Half the price.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know what game you were watching but there was no player with an Igloo helmet,

any thoughts on that F$G team, thinking of given tryouts a shot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 rosters starting to come out.

So far they have release 2nd grade 2029 Pride team
35 players listed...... what?????
They should rename that Romper Room

Also released 3rd grade 2028 Orange team
24 players listed .... still too many
And 3rd grade 2028 White team
28 players... riduculous.Money Grab. They dont care at all about this team.

Just tells you to expect overloaded rosters for older grades as well.
Can you say money grab?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

any thoughts on that F$G team, thinking of given tryouts a shot

Heard they are good, but there is a lawsuit pending.
Look for thread on BOTC forum for info.
You need to decide whether that affects your decision.

Page 84 of 85 1 2 82 83 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard