BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 85 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ya know what, sorry but the warriors let more talented kids go then they have. Rotten at the top. A far cry from a professional Bandits Team. Warriors have gotten worse every year because of nepotism. When in 4th grade 11 kids play and 13 watch and are orange cones at practice it figures theyd all leave. Funny as many have gone on to succeed on higher ranked teams. Not flaming but fact spilling.

Warriors had a rough day, same said during their last tourney. But you hit the nail right on the head; NEPOTISM ! Coach is a smart guy, I doubt he doesn't see what is happening, but what will he do about it, if anything.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express outright beat them...but laxachussettes should be embarrassed having a bunch of 14/15 year olds play 2023...It’s rediculous...Someone is going to get hurt....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the season kicks in. seems like everyone is playing. hopefully igloo and s2s can make it an all LI final @ Platinum. A lot of good teams at NLF. should be a lot of high level games. i know people crap on the warriors, but they don't shy away from competition. might not do well but they'll fight. And the True Blue tourney. Good parity in the "b" bracket. should be some competitive games for them all. not sure how the "a" goes. i guess outlaws or igloo? don't know who the jersey team is. i haven't seen s2s or recon play.

weather looks better than expected. good luck to all the kids.

True Blue made their schedule easy to be in the final with with Igloo or S2S.

yes, forgot about true blue. i would think true blue and outlaws/igloo.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Take a look at Tourney Machine True Blue Panthers are playing the two other toughest teams in the tournament, so stop with the easy schedule. The only other team that will give TB Panthers somewhat of a game is Outlaws Select. Its a TB run tournament thats the only reason why the Panthers are in it.

Good thing TB played that really good Recon team. Even with their 8th graders they lost every game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the season kicks in. seems like everyone is playing. hopefully igloo and s2s can make it an all LI final @ Platinum. A lot of good teams at NLF. should be a lot of high level games. i know people crap on the warriors, but they don't shy away from competition. might not do well but they'll fight. And the True Blue tourney. Good parity in the "b" bracket. should be some competitive games for them all. not sure how the "a" goes. i guess outlaws or igloo? don't know who the jersey team is. i haven't seen s2s or recon play.

weather looks better than expected. good luck to all the kids.

TB dominated today. The Outlaws are a good team but their coach is awful. Recon had 8th graders and still list every game (some of their kids were huge) Igloo played ok. I expected more since they re a very established team. S2S wasn't as bad as I expected. They have 2 solid goalies and their defense was pretty good. They need to work on their offense. They didn't win a lot of fce-offs and don't seem to have much fire power. The Jersey team was fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Outlaws coach was reacting to the bad refs who were a joke who gave TB 4 consecutive 2 man up and a 5th 3 man up. It was a joke, with the refs throwing flags.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Outlaws coach is insane.

The Outlaws coach was insane because the refs gave true blue 4 consecutive 2 man up and a fifth 3 man up. It was a joke, with the refs throwing flags.

The parents are insane also. TB player gets whacked in the knee twice as he is crossing the midfield line. He was hit so hard, he started limping. A flag is thrown. Then the loudmouth outlaw parent starts hollering like a drunken stunad how that could possibly be a penalty. One of the parents dropped F bombs like a champ. Classy group of people...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Outlaws coach was insane because the refs gave true blue 4 consecutive 2 man up and a fifth 3 man up. It was a joke, with the refs throwing flags.

Insane, that's a nice way of putting it. As usual the Outlaws coach screwed his team by going back and forth with the refs the entire day, then refs got tired of his crap. It's happened before. When is leadership going to learn?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thee Outlaw coach was insane in several several games. I caught part of the S2S game and he was acting like a nut. Arguing with these refs. I will agree that some of the parents are insane as well (moms no less!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't sew this whole game so not sure if the refs botched it or not but they Outlaws wouldn't have beat TB anyway. If they thought they had a chance they would have played the championship games instead of giving ut to TB. For the record I am not a TB parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the worst officiated games I’ve ever seen. I think the penalties where 13-1

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't sew this whole game so not sure if the refs botched it or not but they Outlaws wouldn't have beat TB anyway. If they thought they had a chance they would have played the championship games instead of giving ut to TB. For the record I am not a TB parent

That was the Championship, non True Blue Parent who just watched part of the game. It was decided before the game to not play two back to games against the same opponent. It happens all the time, but you need to stay to hear about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws coach always acts like a baby at every tournament. Good luck Rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off to True Blue for putting a shoe in Outlaws mouth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was the Championship, non True Blue Parent who just watched part of the game. It was decided before the game to not play two back to games against the same opponent. It happens all the time, but you need to stay to hear about it.

I am not a TB or Outlaw parent so I have no skin in the game. Outlaw coach is disgusting. If Outlaws thought it was so bad they should have asked to play the extra game. TB is better than the Outlaws. Stop whining and move on. Someone should wrangle that mom with the short blonde hair. She is a nightmare as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off to True Blue for putting a shoe in Outlaws

mouth.

The saying is a “foot”. Anyway I love how true Blue parents come in here once a year to talk a big game after they win their one tournament A year. If your so awesome, you would have been at at harder tournament, even if this was yours.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits will win the NLF, Express is not as good as them. After what I saw at the Qualifier Bandits are the superior team, they put a beating on S2S and beat Express handily. Don't know much about the out of state teams but on long Island Bandits are the best by far.

Bandits win NLF beat Express 7-6 in overtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game! Both teams obviously very well coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits will win the NLF, Express is not as good as them. After what I saw at the Qualifier Bandits are the superior team, they put a beating on S2S and beat Express handily. Don't know much about the out of state teams but on long Island Bandits are the best by far.

Bandits win NLF beat Express 7-6 in overtime.
very equal teams. Could have gone either way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S won the Platinum Cup. Igloo lost in the semis..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Crabs. Beat 91 and Express last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the Platinum Cup age restricted like wsyl?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://www.uslacrosse.org/sites/default/files/public/documents/rules/age-group-chart-17-18.pdf

They must be in the 13u age range to play 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were plenty of holdbacks on the teams at Adrenaline. It is not like WSYL where they check birth certificates. Brotherly Love, Denver and West Coast Stars- definitely had a lot of huge kids. I am sure Brotherly Love would be going to Denver if their team had made the age requirement- they are very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will always get the people who want to tell others their kids plays for 91. Unfortunately what they dont say is that he and 10 other kids watch the select few get all the playing time - very little real coaching or development going on with that team. The best kids have already left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They say the Platinum Cup is age restricted but the organizers don’t check. Multiple non-LI teams with kids one to two years older than U13. They asked for people to verify but it meant nothing. We asked parents from other teams the ages of the kids and they were more than willing to tell the ages

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://www.uslacrosse.org/sites/default/files/public/documents/rules/age-group-chart-17-18.pdf

Looks like they didn’t check rosters. S2S has multiple players over 13U range.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will always get the people who want to tell others their kids plays for 91. Unfortunately what they dont say is that he and 10 other kids watch the select few get all the playing time - very little real coaching or development going on with that team. The best kids have already left.

is this in reference to the 91 "A" Team? You play 14 kids and sit 10, that's what happens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

is this in reference to the 91 "A" Team? You play 14 kids and sit 10, that's what happens

Going to guess this is the warriors you are talking about we have lost a few great players and there are some strange decisions during tournaments the Bandits have almost no players leave their team and their roster is very small compared to other teams so everyone plays Warriors are a mess right now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to guess this is the warriors you are talking about we have lost a few great players and there are some strange decisions during tournaments the Bandits have almost no players leave their team and their roster is very small compared to other teams so everyone plays Warriors are a mess right now

That's the talk around the campfire.. See how the summer plays out. With Denver out of the mix, maybe teams will even out a bit. Parents and kids wont put up with crap with just a t-shirt on the line. Also, the recruiting tournaments start next year. Won't get seen on the field with a coach who plays 1/2 the kids..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The parents are insane also. TB player gets whacked in the knee twice as he is crossing the midfield line. He was hit so hard, he started limping. A flag is thrown. Then the loudmouth outlaw parent starts hollering like a drunken stunad how that could possibly be a penalty. One of the parents dropped F bombs like a champ. Classy group of people...

The sideline antics fuel the fire for the coaches and the kids I’m often in amazement the craziness of some parents Hand signals w their kids cursing drinking alcohol. It is true some teams bring out the worst in each other especially in this one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure who you are comparing to when you say ‘very small’ roster? Bandits had 11 players on the sidelines when no on was serving penalties for unsportsmanlike ie, yelling at refs. They get that from their DB coach who likes to lecture the refs on rules. 21 players maybe 1 or 2 less than average.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the talk around the campfire.. See how the summer plays out. With Denver out of the mix, maybe teams will even out a bit. Parents and kids wont put up with crap with just a t-shirt on the line. Also, the recruiting tournaments start next year. Won't get seen on the field with a coach who plays 1/2 the kids..

With the last post....What are so of the better recruiting tournaments (for next year) my oldest is a 23 so I'm new to this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sideline antics fuel the fire for the coaches and the kids I’m often in amazement the craziness of some parents Hand signals w their kids cursing drinking alcohol. It is true some teams bring out the worst in each other especially in this one

Sinking ship at Outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Development is key: if your kid is watching and not playing it’s time to move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not age restricted, and the range must have been huge! Teams such as Brotherly Love, Denver Elite and West Coast Stars, had some very large players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Development is key: if your kid is watching and not playing it’s time to move on.

Yes I was referencing the Warriors about 14 players playing and 11 watching ! It isn’t right! We have 25 plus kids and it isn’t like we are winning games meanwhile Bandits have a roster of 20 with players hurt I personally think all summer rosters should be no more than 20! Also stayed with my son to watch the championship #10 on Express two late hits for penalties but even worse was flipping the bird at the crowd was eye opening to say the least game got heated but was a great game to watch. Emotions run high when the stakes are high. I will say the people who run the tournament should have better refs for big games Regardless I think people take this too seriously my older son is best friends w kids he used to battle neck to neck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Knock the crap off take the loss and move on it’s 7th grade lacrosse. These kids on Both teams are so talented ! The coaches are actually good friends and these are all Long Island and city kids! I tip my cap to the Bandits well played well coached and I know my boy and his team will be motivated to try and beat the Bandits this week. See everyone this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of the MD teams that were there are guaranteed to have older kids. It just a fact of life down there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warriors have 20 total, 18 and 2 goalies. Knew they were going to have a rough weekend playing NLF, but decided to be challenged as usual. That being said, every kid played in every game. One player broke his wrist in the first game leaving the team with 17 field players. They’re a good team, not elite, but not really B either as they’ve shown for roughly 4-5 years.

Kids leave and move on to greener pastures, great for them especially when they are successful on their new teams. Some parents hold grudges and can’t let that go...

PS: both Bandits and Express along with S2S and Igloo (just speaking of LI teams) are unbelievably talented as 7th graders. Watch the sports and appriciate it.

Have a great summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since Bandits, S2S, Haugen, and Igloo have shown to be the best on LI, who are the next top teams after them?

Page 73 of 85 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard