BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 85 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I find that hard to believe with all the hype affiliated with this event. Can anyone else confirm? Maybe the south tryouts will be different.

It should be considerably less if they split it North and South

Considerably less? There were 30 kids from three age groups.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard half the ACS team was missing due to local play days. When the entire team is there no way LIE can hang with that team. I also heard the second game ended in a tie and they had no goalie since both goalies were not there. All of there studs were not able to play. Lie is good but that ACS team is unreal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do they let players who didn’t tryout make the team. So someone sent in their highlight film and that’s enough? Bet they edited all bad plays, lol. This will be the last year for these warrior games. Complete joke run by 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know about numbers for LI South tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this chatter about the LI teams but remember that the coach from Baltimore whose 2023 team played in the warrior all American event crushed the stacked LI warrior team. S2S and LIE have played this coaches ACS 2023 team that is comprised of his best players from that mid Atlantic team based out of Baltimore. That ACS 2023 team is unbelievable and easily beat S2S and LIE. If that team played in the WSYL it would win it all. Very well coached and very good players. I’m not taking away that our LI team are very good but you have to see this ACS team play out of Baltimore. They play fast and they play at a high level.

Hey Flat Brim. WE know it’s you. If they played in WSYL is a comical sentence as not many would be eligible otherwise you would be going this sport has hit the bottom

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is flat brim? I live in LI and was impressed with the ACS team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the south tryout was 2023,2022,2021 combined. maybe 35-40 kids total. my kid told me it was only 10 2023's, 4 mids, 4 attack, 2 def. not sure the breakdown of the rest of the group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I truly believe most of the kids are on teams that will be playing next weekend and thus they choose not to attend or had practice today. There are also a large number of people who saw the sham job they pulled last year and realized it's a 91 money maker so they decided not to attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the south tryout was 2023,2022,2021 combined. maybe 35-40 kids total. my kid told me it was only 10 2023's, 4 mids, 4 attack, 2 def. not sure the breakdown of the rest of the group

Spallina is Coaching the Long Island north team, doesn’t matter how may where at tryouts. The team will be stocked with his people, they just didn’t have to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina is not coaching he sent email to his team stating that he is not coaching according to what I was told and there were no Bandits there

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina is not coaching he sent email to his team stating that he is not coaching according to what I was told and there were no Bandits there

Are you saying these players passed this up because he won't be there for the parents to try and jockey for favors?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that hard to believe with all the hype affiliated with this event. Can anyone else confirm? Maybe the south tryouts will be different.

It should be considerably less if they split it North and South

Considerably less? There were 30 kids from three age groups.

What's the old saying; "A fool and his money are easily parted?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s not what Warrior all American is advertising on one of their social media sites. On March 21, they posted a picture of Spalina and the Warrior coach stating they are the North coaches, along with photos of all the other coaches. Check out insta.... what you are told and what is true are far apart.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have insight in to how WSYL north qualifier went yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s not what Warrior all American is advertising on one of their social media sites. On March 21, they posted a picture of Spalina and the Warrior coach stating they are the North coaches, along with photos of all the other coaches. Check out insta.... what you are told and what is true are far apart.

He isn’t coaching But of you read it online it must be true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He isn’t coaching But of you read it online it must be true

You have to take it as true, even online, dopey. It was on warrior all-Americans istag... social media site. So that is what they are promoting a week before their tryouts. If it isn’t true, then they have even more of an problem than no-one coming to tryouts. They flat out lied to everyone or didn’t make a timely correction. Decline numbers are one thing, it’s not just them. Brine has to combine 2023 and 2022 to make a team, only 15 kids showed for the last tryout and they took everyone to fill out roster. Seems warrior may have two problems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this chatter about the LI teams but remember that the coach from Baltimore whose 2023 team played in the warrior all American event crushed the stacked LI warrior team. S2S and LIE have played this coaches ACS 2023 team that is comprised of his best players from that mid Atlantic team based out of Baltimore. That ACS 2023 team is unbelievable and easily beat S2S and LIE. If that team played in the WSYL it would win it all. Very well coached and very good players. I’m not taking away that our LI team are very good but you have to see this ACS team play out of Baltimore. They play fast and they play at a high level.

They are a great team, no denying that. But, to be fair, that "stacked" MD team split games with the "stacked" LI teams; each winning a game. Biggest difference is that the MD team was a year older than the LI team. And the MD team had one dominant player; the 14 year old kid from the Hawks. Without him they would have gone 0-2 against LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uhhh yes all this talk about LI teams it's the Long Island board. Go on the Maryland thread and talk about Maryland teams. Yeah real weird people talking LI on the LI thread. You my friend are depriving some small village of a pretty good stunad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Mid Atlantic team, AKA the Atlantic Coast Stars, would have needed to play in the WSYL in 2016 for all of their players to be eligible. Your comparison is invalid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are a great team, no denying that. But, to be fair, that "stacked" MD team split games with the "stacked" LI teams; each winning a game. Biggest difference is that the MD team was a year older than the LI team. And the MD team had one dominant player; the 14 year old kid from the Hawks. Without him they would have gone 0-2 against LI.

The "14 year old kid from the Hawks" actually turned 13 three weeks ago. Same old story with you LI parents. There's no way some kid from Baltimore could actually be better than my kid right now. Kids mature at different times. Don't worry, your kid still has time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right! They are a great “team”! That is why they are successful. They don’t have one dominant player...they are all dominant players! Each contributing to the success of the ACS team. I know it’s hard to believe but every kid and all of the families like eachother and respect one another. You can’t compare the dynamic of this team to a LI team that tears eachother and everyone a part every chance they get. That is why this team will go far and always be the team to beat!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo got slammed. HAHA. Why go after igloo team. Talking about winning or losing against specific teams. You have no clue and probably never played organized ball. The truth will be told soon. JS, AJ, SH and DK are all class act coaches. Some much hatred on this site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "14 year old kid from the Hawks" actually turned 13 three weeks ago. Same old story with you LI parents. There's no way some kid from Baltimore could actually be better than my kid right now. Kids mature at different times. Don't worry, your kid still has time.
That is not true. The boy will be turning 15 in august. I know him. the Truth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it easy Hawks Dad. Stay on your own forum and you don't need to worry about getting called out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take it easy Hawks Dad. Stay on your own forum and you don't need to worry about getting called out.

Proud ACS Dad - not Hawks Dad. I know the family and the kid well. He's 13 (barely) and is one of the youngest kids on the team. Again - I know it hurts to see a kid out there who is that good. I would echo what the last poster said. Our team has dominant players all over the field. What's better is that they all get along and support each other. You guys should try it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Proud ACS Dad - not Hawks Dad. I know the family and the kid well. He's 13 (barely) and is one of the youngest kids on the team. Again - I know it hurts to see a kid out there who is that good. I would echo what the last poster said. Our team has dominant players all over the field. What's better is that they all get along and support each other. You guys should try it.

Iron clad team. You mess with one...you mess with all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to take it as true, even online, dopey. It was on warrior all-Americans istag... social media site. So that is what they are promoting a week before their tryouts. If it isn’t true, then they have even more of an problem than no-one coming to tryouts. They flat out lied to everyone or didn’t make a timely correction. Decline numbers are one thing, it’s not just them. Brine has to combine 2023 and 2022 to make a team, only 15 kids showed for the last tryout and they took everyone to fill out roster. Seems warrior may have two problems.
[/quote]

Brine will have 2 LI teams. They always combined 7/8 - get your facts straight. Warrior is a joke with no competition, Brine has regional teams from all over the country - not just the 91 teams from Florida, NC, and TX.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brine will have 2 LI teams. They always combined 7/8 - get your facts straight. Warrior is a joke with no competition, Brine has regional teams from all over the country - not just the 91 teams from Florida, NC, and TX.
[/quote]
Yeah, Warrior is a 91 Spallina joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2023 A has beat the bandits, blew out express and shore to shore twice by 10 or more, why you sleeping on them?

And loses to the best pa teams at summer slam

Sounds like Igloo A got slammed.

Yeah to BL by 5 or 6 and Mesa by a few

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, Warrior is a 91 Spallina joke.[/quote]

Ok so you have a combined team, always. That makes the number who showed for the Brine tryout even more alarming. 17 Kids from 2 age groups at the 3nd tryout. The first tryout had maybe 30. How many 7th and 8th grader play travel on Long Island, has to be close to a 1000. Competition can’t be that good when nobody is showing. It’s a great Idea, just needs more work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“One of the youngest kids in the team”, that’s hillarious!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“One of the youngest kids in the team”, that’s hillarious!

I agree - the team is really good from what I saw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo A and LIE each won a game --- they havent played one another in over a year--- How can you claim who is dominant...
how is igloo is rounding up kids for WSL legit???

Igloo 2023 A has beat the bandits, blew out express and shore to shore twice by 10 or more, why you sleeping on them?

And loses to the best pa teams at summer slam

Sounds like Igloo A got slammed.

Yeah to BL by 5 or 6 and Mesa by a few

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So will the Warrior gamers have another tryout or only video tryouts? I can't imagine taking the kids that showed to the tourney.... GB needs LI to show up at the tourney...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So will the Warrior gamers have another tryout or only video tryouts? I can't imagine taking the kids that showed to the tourney.... GB needs LI to show up at the tourney...

They will tell you they had private tryouts and others attended the younger division tryouts because they had conflicts. They already planted that seed at the tryout. I am sure their were
Some good players at the tryout and a few will make it. We will know soon if they post it, it’s been five days already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL North Qualifier predictions? This weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T minus 48 hours until the first blood is drawn at Cantiauge Park. Thirteen year old lacrosse rock stars will be pulling up their Under Armor in order to brave the driving snow of central Long Island. Bottle tans will run down the face of legendary coaches, leaving strains of orange and tan. Pale skin red headed coaches will be driving their legions into battle against inferior foes. The greatest Midfielder in Long Island history will try to prove his mettle as a u13 coach. The Manhasset/Rockville Center kids will have to leave their Vineyard Vines behind, hoping beyond hope that their Dads do not drink ALL of the hot cocoa. Second teams from the top programs are wishing for a miracle, which can only happen in blizzard conditions. South Shore Daddy's with their tattooed extremities will simply be wearing their usual tank tops and cut-off jeans, as if 35 degree weather was just like a July day at Field 6. Teams from upstate NY will feel like they are at home, destroying any home field advantage the Long Island teams could have hoped for. One could cut the tension with a knife.

Play on young men. Prove everyone wrong. Make sure that all of your team practice, private lessons and wall ball pay off. May the best 4 or is it 6 teams qualify. Fair thee well, my youngsters. It is only snow, rain, sleet, hail, freezing rain, gale force winds. Remember what your PAL coaches told you, "if you don't like the rain, play baseball!"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were you waiting all week to post that. Sounds well planned. Probably written on monday. Probably tweaked it on Tuesday and Wednesday , typed it on computer this morning and couldn't wait to launch it to the BOTC world today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So silly ....remember when so and so beat so and so in 1979. Who cares and let it go.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves. 13 year old kids. All great teams competing this weekend, may the best team win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
T minus 48 hours until the first blood is drawn at Cantiauge Park. Thirteen year old lacrosse rock stars will be pulling up their Under Armor in order to brave the driving snow of central Long Island. Bottle tans will run down the face of legendary coaches, leaving strains of orange and tan. Pale skin red headed coaches will be driving their legions into battle against inferior foes. The greatest Midfielder in Long Island history will try to prove his mettle as a u13 coach. The Manhasset/Rockville Center kids will have to leave their Vineyard Vines behind, hoping beyond hope that their Dads do not drink ALL of the hot cocoa. Second teams from the top programs are wishing for a miracle, which can only happen in blizzard conditions. South Shore Daddy's with their tattooed extremities will simply be wearing their usual tank tops and cut-off jeans, as if 35 degree weather was just like a July day at Field 6. Teams from upstate NY will feel like they are at home, destroying any home field advantage the Long Island teams could have hoped for. One could cut the tension with a knife.

Play on young men. Prove everyone wrong. Make sure that all of your team practice, private lessons and wall ball pay off. May the best 4 or is it 6 teams qualify. Fair thee well, my youngsters. It is only snow, rain, sleet, hail, freezing rain, gale force winds. Remember what your PAL coaches told you, "if you don't like the rain, play baseball!"

Funny post. I think it characterizes the LI club scene.

Page 66 of 85 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard