BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 85 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL games times are up, good luck all

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Oh stop it tell everyone how the tryout was done and how the teams were split at tryout. You can't have a team of all Bandits and Express players on one team and everyone else at the tryout on the second team. Then last minute they said oh we are looking at video that will be sent in by players. People are not stupid if you were there to watch the tryout and you would understand why people won't pay to tryout for a team that's already chosen.

Ok. The tryout started like every tryout. Kids were broken up randomly into groups and rotated through different drills. Drills that determined which players showed the most skill. Then, for the second half of the tryout, the kids that were deemed most skilled went on one team (the players were mostly from Express and Bandits because those teams had many of the best kids that were at the tryout). The second group of players went on the other. During those full field scrimmages, some players on the second team showed to be better players than expected. Similarly, some players on the first team did not shine. When the final roster was assembled, most of the kids from the first team and 3-4 kids from the second team were invited to the games. That's how tryouts work.

You are a buffoon. That is how it is supposed to work but if you think that is really what happened then you have not got a clue.

That's exactly how it went. And no, I have no skin in the game at all. Either you weren't there or your son is not as good as you think he is. You trash an event simply because your son didn't make the team. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Are you saying that there are only 25 or how may players that had on that team good enough to make the roster that day. If you believe that then there is no need to speak with you. The process was clearly rigged. You don't go down the line and pick random numbers and have all your players + players from the co sponsor of the even on the same team and everyone else on a different team. If you told me they did this after a 3 day tryout then I would say yes they had enough time to evaluate each of the kids and no kid outside of that group has a remarkable 1 day so his skills were miss judged. They decided who they would take after doing a few small area drills plus 3 kids from the other team

I don't even understand your post. It was a one day tryout. That's all the time they had. The team was only playing in one tournament; why would they spend 3 days on tryouts?

There were 25 or so kids on that roster that showed more skill and talent than the other players at tryout. There were very few Igloo or S2S players there. There were a lot of Express and 91. There were a handful of Outlaws, some Ducks, some Legacy and some TB. There also a bunch of town kids that showed no signs of being on a travel team. Of all of the teams mentioned, which are the best? Bandits and Express. Why are they the best? Because they have the best players. It's pretty simple. I never said that the other players weren't skilled players. I think that every kid at that tryout was an above average player, but there are only so many positions to fill. And they were filled with the kids that had the best tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The North \ South split is going to kill the Warrior Games this year. Bad move. Also give the MVP Awards out to the kids that deserve it this year. Was a political award last year and given to a member of each club team so that people come back this year. Be smart people and this can last a long time

MVP awards were chosen by opposing team’s coaches based upon performance during final game. How could that have been “political”?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh stop it tell everyone how the tryout was done and how the teams were split at tryout. You can't have a team of all Bandits and Express players on one team and everyone else at the tryout on the second team. Then last minute they said oh we are looking at video that will be sent in by players. People are not stupid if you were there to watch the tryout and you would understand why people won't pay to tryout for a team that's already chosen.

Ok. The tryout started like every tryout. Kids were broken up randomly into groups and rotated through different drills. Drills that determined which players showed the most skill. Then, for the second half of the tryout, the kids that were deemed most skilled went on one team (the players were mostly from Express and Bandits because those teams had many of the best kids that were at the tryout). The second group of players went on the other. During those full field scrimmages, some players on the second team showed to be better players than expected. Similarly, some players on the first team did not shine. When the final roster was assembled, most of the kids from the first team and 3-4 kids from the second team were invited to the games. That's how tryouts work.

You are a buffoon. That is how it is supposed to work but if you think that is really what happened then you have not got a clue.

That's exactly how it went. And no, I have no skin in the game at all. Either you weren't there or your son is not as good as you think he is. You trash an event simply because your son didn't make the team. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Are you saying that there are only 25 or how may players that had on that team good enough to make the roster that day. If you believe that then there is no need to speak with you. The process was clearly rigged. You don't go down the line and pick random numbers and have all your players + players from the co sponsor of the even on the same team and everyone else on a different team. If you told me they did this after a 3 day tryout then I would say yes they had enough time to evaluate each of the kids and no kid outside of that group has a remarkable 1 day so his skills were miss judged. They decided who they would take after doing a few small area drills plus 3 kids from the other team

I don't even understand your post. It was a one day tryout. That's all the time they had. The team was only playing in one tournament; why would they spend 3 days on tryouts?

There were 25 or so kids on that roster that showed more skill and talent than the other players at tryout. There were very few Igloo or S2S players there. There were a lot of Express and 91. There were a handful of Outlaws, some Ducks, some Legacy and some TB. There also a bunch of town kids that showed no signs of being on a travel team. Of all of the teams mentioned, which are the best? Bandits and Express. Why are they the best? Because they have the best players. It's pretty simple. I never said that the other players weren't skilled players. I think that every kid at that tryout was an above average player, but there are only so many positions to fill. And they were filled with the kids that had the best tryout.

You're a total [ChillLaxin]wipe JS/Chan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The North \ South split is going to kill the Warrior Games this year. Bad move. Also give the MVP Awards out to the kids that deserve it this year. Was a political award last year and given to a member of each club team so that people come back this year. Be smart people and this can last a long time

MVP awards were chosen by opposing team’s coaches based upon performance during final game. How could that have been “political”?

LOL> Come on. Wake up, the poster is right. Amazing how it was chosen by coaches but each Travel program got at least 1 MVP. Orange squad should have taken home most of the MVPs according to the stats, but do that and you get less registrations from people who think its an inside job. And if It was the last games performance why keep live stats of the players during the day? And if a player has a weak showing all weekend but shows up in the last game he deserves it?? My advice is get rid of the MVP thing all together and it will make for long term success but Business prevails as always

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should get your kid some lessons. It sounds like he got the first true evaluation of his skills and it damaged your ego. How long did you ground him for after he didn't make the team? Did you let him know all of the excuses for why he didn't make it? Get used to that, dad. Sounds like you're going to be making excuses for your kid for the rest of his athletic career... which sounds like it will be about a year from now. Tell me his position and I'll list the 12 kids better than him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For someone with no skin in the game you seem to know a lot about what happened. Are you saying both coaches kids are better than the other players that showed up that day? That's just one example but I don't think you are being truthful about "not having skin in the game". Maybe your son is not a player but, since you know so much, you must be an organizer. Bandits and Express definitely have great players and picking them is an easy option but the purpose of the tryout was to pick the absolute best and that was not the case. I am not saying they didn't assemble a great team but it wasn't the 25 best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares and no one is going to tryout from express or 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares and no one is going to tryout from express or 91

That's good since you guys blew it last year and lost in the ship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are a buffoon. That is how it is supposed to work but if you think that is really what happened then you have not got a clue.[/quote]

That's exactly how it went. And no, I have no skin in the game at all. Either you weren't there or your son is not as good as you think he is. You trash an event simply because your son didn't make the team. You have no clue what you're talking about. [/quote]

Are you saying that there are only 25 or how may players that had on that team good enough to make the roster that day. If you believe that then there is no need to speak with you. The process was clearly rigged. You don't go down the line and pick random numbers and have all your players + players from the co sponsor of the even on the same team and everyone else on a different team. If you told me they did this after a 3 day tryout then I would say yes they had enough time to evaluate each of the kids and no kid outside of that group has a remarkable 1 day so his skills were miss judged. They decided who they would take after doing a few small area drills plus 3 kids from the other team[/quote]

There were 25 or so kids on that roster that showed more skill and talent than the other players at tryout. There were very few Igloo or S2S players there. There were a lot of Express and 91. There were a handful of Outlaws, some Ducks, some Legacy and some TB. There also a bunch of town kids that showed no signs of being on a travel team. Of all of the teams mentioned, which are the best? Bandits and Express. Why are they the best? Because they have the best players. It's pretty simple. I never said that the other players weren't skilled players. I think that every kid at that tryout was an above average player, but there are only so many positions to fill. And they were filled with the kids that had the best tryout.[/quote]

For someone with no skin in the game you seem to know a lot about what happened. Are you saying both coaches kids are better than the other players that showed up that day? That's just one example but I don't think you are being truthful about "not having skin in the game". Maybe your son is not a player but, since you know so much, you must be an organizer. Bandits and Express definitely have great players and picking them is an easy option but the purpose of the tryout was to pick the absolute best and that was not the case. I am not saying they didn't assemble a great team but it wasn't the 25 best.[/quote]

That was the general consensus for even the people that made the team. They didn't choose the best 25 from the tryout. The easy cop out was taking bandits and Express kids because they are the best team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was the general consensus for even the people that made the team. They didn't choose the best 25 from the tryout. The easy cop out was taking bandits and Express kids because they are the best team.

Well that backfired didn't it? Because they were the only LI team to lose. JS had to get his teeth whitened again from grinding them down watching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well that backfired didn't it? Because they were the only LI team to lose. JS had to get his teeth whitened again from grinding them down watching.

Your comment proves the (they picked the best players from the best team) wrong. They picked the usual suspects from the people lining their pickets and told all others thanks for the donation for being in our company now go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Funny! If your son does not play for 91 Bandits or Express Haugen, keep your try-out fee in your pocket. If you go anyway, don't blame anyone else for wasting your money. AJ not coaching the team this year, so it will really be the JS Show! Buyer Beware!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, did you hear the joke about the old guy and the guy with a year round tan and shiny teeth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, did you hear the joke about the old guy and the guy with a year round tan and shiny teeth?

Yea that's the one about the two guys stealing money from parents. Well not stealing because the suckers line up to hand it to them and then say thank you very much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Four pages of this nonsense ! Our coach from warriors is coaching no JS or AJ both bailed out As did most of bandits and express. So now maybe your average kid can make it this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is probably the best in that group should handle TB and Express B without much of a problem not sure about Primetime though. STS alresdy beat Express A when they played. It's going to be 91, Express A, Igloo A, S2S, the rest depends on how many teams they take. The only certain thing the WSYL has done for long Island is bring all the best teams here to Finally play in the same Tournament now if we can only get them to just play each other there would be no reason to ever leave to play Elsewhere. All the out of state teams would flock here to try and enter tournaments.

Honestly, it depends on whether or not S2S plays with an age-elible roster. It they bring their current roster, then I would agree with you; however, there are at least 2 critical players that don't meet the cutoff. They are impact players on that team and they can change the game. If they stay home, as they should, then S2S struggles in every game. I'm not sure about the rosters on the other teams, but Primetime is definitely solid.

I don't see how S2S or any other team for that matter can allow age ineligible players to participate. The rules are clear and it would bring undo criticism on those boys and their families.

That can not happen all roster that are registered for this are the only names allowed for WSYL. Rosters are frozen so eligibility is legitimate
Management

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Four pages of this nonsense ! Our coach from warriors is coaching no JS or AJ both bailed out As did most of bandits and express. So now maybe your average kid can make it this year

We were just exposing the fraud from last year. We'll see how it goes again. I'm not bringing my son down. I was fooled once. I'm sure I'll hear about how it goes on BOTC, and how many Warriors get picked from 91's "B" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is probably the best in that group should handle TB and Express B without much of a problem not sure about Primetime though. STS alresdy beat Express A when they played. It's going to be 91, Express A, Igloo A, S2S, the rest depends on how many teams they take. The only certain thing the WSYL has done for long Island is bring all the best teams here to Finally play in the same Tournament now if we can only get them to just play each other there would be no reason to ever leave to play Elsewhere. All the out of state teams would flock here to try and enter tournaments.

Honestly, it depends on whether or not S2S plays with an age-elible roster. It they bring their current roster, then I would agree with you; however, there are at least 2 critical players that don't meet the cutoff. They are impact players on that team and they can change the game. If they stay home, as they should, then S2S struggles in every game. I'm not sure about the rosters on the other teams, but Primetime is definitely solid.

I don't see how S2S or any other team for that matter can allow age ineligible players to participate. The rules are clear and it would bring undo criticism on those boys and their families.

That can not happen all roster that are registered for this are the only names allowed for WSYL. Rosters are frozen so eligibility is legitimate
Management

Management

Management

Hope Management is checking photo IDs at the Qualifiers........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should get your kid some lessons. It sounds like he got the first true evaluation of his skills and it damaged your ego. How long did you ground him for after he didn't make the team? Did you let him know all of the excuses for why he didn't make it? Get used to that, dad. Sounds like you're going to be making excuses for your kid for the rest of his athletic career... which sounds like it will be about a year from now. Tell me his position and I'll list the 12 kids better than him.

Goalie - Ready set go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Management

Management

Management

Waste of time, Bandits have been going 5 days a week for two years. Everyone is playing for 2nd best!

Your best hope is NLF in LeighHigh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever roster teams play with in qualifier is locked Teams can not add any additional players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see how S2S or any other team for that matter can allow age ineligible players to participate. The rules are clear and it would bring undo criticism on those boys and their families. [/quote]

Management [/quote]

Hope Management is checking photo IDs at the Qualifiers........ [/quote]

Waste of time, Bandits have been going 5 days a week for two years. Everyone is playing for 2nd best!

Your best hope is NLF in LeighHigh. [/quote]

Maybe it will be a good opportunity for the Bandits kids to actually have a life and meet other kids after throwing two years of their lives away, five days a week, focusing on one sport that, at best, will get them a few bucks for college....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Management

Management

Management

Do you mean Lehigh ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2023 A has beat the bandits, blew out express and shore to shore twice by 10 or more, why you sleeping on them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2023 A has beat the bandits, blew out express and shore to shore twice by 10 or more, why you sleeping on them?

OK. Igloo is now the top seed & the team to beat . Does that make you happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK. Igloo is now the top seed & the team to beat . Does that make you happy.

ha ha ha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And loses to the best pa teams at summer slam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody please give this person a hug.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like Igloo A got slammed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son didn't make the team AGAIN - good luck on true blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Management

Management

Management

Bandits have to be confident, JS has been spending all his time with his #1 ranked SBU team and has an away game the sat of qualifiers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son didn't make the team AGAIN - good luck on true blue

Watch out for TB, coach Cat has them practicing 3days a week 2.5 hours a day, he wants this WSYL bad.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's this yrs PAL thread, season has started, makes for an entertaining read

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, so at the warrior Long Island North Tryout there at 31 kids here for three grade. I am Loki g at the feild right now. When the roster comes out and all three teams are full, you will know the fix was in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that hard to believe with all the hype associated with this event. Can anyone else confirm? Maybe the south tryouts will be different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find that hard to believe with all the hype associated with this event. Can anyone else confirm? Maybe the south tryouts will be different.

Believe it. They combined 23,22,21 tryouts into one. There were more evaluators there than players. They said there was some varisty event that everyone had to go to for 22,21, had to be some reason right? 2023 may be combined with South, they will let you know. This is what happens when you dupe consumers and go to that well to many times. Last year there were tons of kids at tryouts, but you tell everyone kids who sent in videos may be on the team. 70% of last years team were those videos senders. People just Stayed away because they are not supporting this nonsense anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It should be considerably less if they split it North and South

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this chatter about the LI teams but remember that the coach from Baltimore whose 2023 team played in the warrior all American event crushed the stacked LI warrior team. S2S and LIE have played this coaches ACS 2023 team that is comprised of his best players from that mid Atlantic team based out of Baltimore. That ACS 2023 team is unbelievable and easily beat S2S and LIE. If that team played in the WSYL it would win it all. Very well coached and very good players. I’m not taking away that our LI team are very good but you have to see this ACS team play out of Baltimore. They play fast and they play at a high level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They couldn't qualify for the WSYL - age restricted tournament. Also, Express split games with them two weeks ago - went 1 win and 1 loss.

Page 65 of 85 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard