BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 85 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[Linked Image]

That's funny!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So empire lost?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire parent bragged about winning but really lost? Must be a Syag parent. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Linked Image]

That's funny!

Is that JS bore the tan and shiny teeth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So empire lost?

If you were there, you would know that. If you weren’t, it shouldn’t concern you. And for the record, I seriously doubt that any Empire parent posted anything. They were kind, social and supportive of all of the boys (many are friends with boys on other teams). They don’t deserve to be spoken about by a bunch of bitter people with nothing else in their lives other than youth lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So empire lost?

If you were there, you would know that. If you weren’t, it shouldn’t concern you. And for the record, I seriously doubt that any Empire parent posted anything. They were kind, social and supportive of all of the boys (many are friends with boys on other teams). They don’t deserve to be spoken about by a bunch of bitter people with nothing else in their lives other than youth lacrosse.

I agree with Antonio !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So empire lost?

I agree with the Empire mom. A little kindness would go a long way around here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So empire lost?

You hit the nail right on the head "nothing else in their lives other than youth lacrosse." That's sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So empire lost?

You hit the nail right on the head "nothing else in their lives other than youth lacrosse." That's sad! [/quote
Very sad but true Was nice when only registered people could post for a short while. Nice reading truth Truly believe people post about the teams just to be relevant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a shot at beating express in the WSYL?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So empire lost?

Like yourself.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prime time daddy we all know it’s you. Express never stirred things on here til you got here. We get WhT you want to talk about Your son being the game changer Til he learns to pass he’s average. Even if We have the most talent others will be better coached. It’s youth lacrosse you stunad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STUNAD????Really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prime time daddy we all know it’s you. Express never stirred things on here til you got here. We get WhT you want to talk about Your son being the game changer Til he learns to pass he’s average. Even if We have the most talent others will be better coached. It’s youth lacrosse you stunad

Bingo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had conversation the other night amongst lax dad's about pros and cons of town travel vs club teams at this age group and if there are any town teams capable of competing with 'A' division club teams on long island. Mixed responses, Any input from the lax community??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had conversation the other night amongst lax dad's about pros and cons of town travel vs club teams at this age group and if there are any town teams capable of competing with 'A' division club teams on long island. Mixed responses, Any input from the lax community??

I'll take Huntington/CSH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow, great stuff! you'll have to forgive me, this is all new to me...what if my son is on a b team? how do i act then? should we just forfeit?does usboxla have a brochure for this stuff?!

It wasn't a USBOXLA sanctioned event. Get informed before you speak.

I am sorry that I am uninformed...is there a website that you can refer me to where I might find this information? Perhaps one where there is tournament info and a place where parents can exchange knowledge that is beneficial to the kids, and ultimately, the sport? That would be great...

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ward Melville and GC can compete with the A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes just not the AA teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While 3V and GC are great town clubs, and have been doing it right as far as keeping the town kids together and away from club (for the most part), neither can really compete against good travel clubs. They might pull a win against a lower tier club, but that’s it. Fortunately for them, they see the bigger picture and understand that it’s not about winning tournaments at 12 years old. They’re developing future varsity teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obvious. There's only 4 AA teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While 3V and GC are great town clubs, and have been doing it right as far as keeping the town kids together and away from club (for the most part), neither can really compete against good travel clubs. They might pull a win against a lower tier club, but that’s it. Fortunately for them, they see the bigger picture and understand that it’s not about winning tournaments at 12 years old. They’re developing future varsity teams.

I agree. Most towns do a terrible job at youth development due to politics or parent coaches who don't know the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. Most towns do a terrible job at youth development due to politics or parent coaches who don't know the game.

Agree. Although some town programs are worst than others in regards to this topic, just remember, the majority of the town programs are run by parent coaches who volunteer their time, and those parents often say "it's all about the kid's." Yea right, your kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ward Melville wouldn't have a state title last year without their Express developed players. Sorry, truth. Point is their is room for both, but just not in some towns warped policies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Although some town programs are worst than others in regards to this topic, just remember, the majority of the town programs are run by parent coaches who volunteer their time, and those parents often say "it's all about the kid's." Yea right, your kid!

Massapequa does a nice job at the youth development level all the way up to varsity. The varsity coach is fully involved. Most varsity coaches at the other big towns are absent from any future development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many, if not most, B and C districts/towns simply do not have enough players to draw from to field competitive town teams - as such, that inability to field competitive town teams versus the A travel clubs (of which there are more on LI than many want to admit, especially amongst the lax mafia!) is NOT ALWAYS an indication of poorly run youth programs. In reality, club probably benefits players from smaller towns more so (not only) than larger towns for this very reason. Here's a simple exercise, especially for C teams: take two competitive C team rosters and combine them (If these two programs also happen to be neighboring, even better!) - if they are already competitive in of themselves, you now have a roster where 20 starters are culled down to the 10 best, with the a huge increase in depth for that combined team. This exercise can be done for any age group, youth through high school - it is still applicable. It is for this very fact alone that what CSH has accomplished is even greater than what it appears. (And, no, I am NOT a CSH parent!) One could even make the converse argument: that many of the A programs under perform given how many lax athletes they have to draw from, even the successful ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many, if not most, B and C districts/towns simply do not have enough players to draw from to field competitive town teams - as such, that inability to field competitive town teams versus the A travel clubs (of which there are more on LI than many want to admit, especially amongst the lax mafia!) is NOT ALWAYS an indication of poorly run youth programs. In reality, club probably benefits players from smaller towns more so (not only) than larger towns for this very reason. Here's a simple exercise, especially for C teams: take two competitive C team rosters and combine them (If these two programs also happen to be neighboring, even better!) - if they are already competitive in of themselves, you now have a roster where 20 starters are culled down to the 10 best, with the a huge increase in depth for that combined team. This exercise can be done for any age group, youth through high school - it is still applicable. It is for this very fact alone that what CSH has accomplished is even greater than what it appears. (And, no, I am NOT a CSH parent!) One could even make the converse argument: that many of the A programs under perform given how many lax athletes they have to draw from, even the successful ones.

Very general subjective statement. Throw in the town "mafia lax parents" into the mix and see how far you get. As an example, look at the drama 3V goes through fielding so called "A" and "B" teams, parents go crazy! Folks living in the same community cutting each other to pieces over youth lacrosse/sports. As some say, pay a good tutor for your kid in the beginning, it will take him further along in life than paying the astronomical prices compared to youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very general subjective statement. Throw in the town "mafia lax parents" into the mix and see how far you get. As an example, look at the drama 3V goes through fielding so called "A" and "B" teams, parents go crazy! Folks living in the same community cutting each other to pieces over youth lacrosse/sports. As some say, pay a good tutor for your kid in the beginning, it will take him further along in life than paying the astronomical prices compared to youth lacrosse.

You missed the point - most non-A districts' programs are lucky to have one team at youth - while I sympathize with towns that struggle with the A vs B squads, you need to realize how many more have just one team, which is a mixture of kids from great to terrible, all stuck playing on the same team. Hence why I said club is more beneficial to those towns' better players. Further, there are solid clubs that will develop boys that are not the 3, 4, and 5K per year (plus other expenses) - too many people get caught up in the "shiny things". I'd say that if you are not playing on the top clubs' top team, you are wasting your money chasing "shiny things". And that's not even getting into the issues with a certain club preying on this by having teams that almost mimic a college-sized roster!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You missed the point - most non-A districts' programs are lucky to have one team at youth - while I sympathize with towns that struggle with the A vs B squads, you need to realize how many more have just one team, which is a mixture of kids from great to terrible, all stuck playing on the same team. Hence why I said club is more beneficial to those towns' better players. Further, there are solid clubs that will develop boys that are not the 3, 4, and 5K per year (plus other expenses) - too many people get caught up in the "shiny things". I'd say that if you are not playing on the top clubs' top team, you are wasting your money chasing "shiny things". And that's not even getting into the issues with a certain club preying on this by having teams that almost mimic a college-sized roster!

My son enjoys playing the game along with being apart of his current team but it still irks me paying travel lacrosse prices along with the time that goes along with it. And that's just lacrosse! It's all subjective and each parent has to determine what best fits their kid. Therefore, it depends on who you ask, if there are clubs out there that will develop boys that are not in the 3-5K per year range.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear about the merger between 91, F$G, and Legacey?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fl$ is not merging. Fact.
Legacy was shopping. Doing their due diligence as a business should do. They've become irrelevant just like the Outlaws. Actually, those two clubs should merge!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personally, I think there are way too many egos involved to ever allow such a thing to work!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Personally, I think there are way too many egos involved to ever allow such a thing to work!

One of them has shiny teeth, one of them has a shiny dollar sign for greed, and the other has nothing shiny and therefore has no legacy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy was shopping. Doing their due diligence as a business should do. They've become irrelevant just like the Outlaws. Actually, those two clubs should merge!

LoL, your kid played for the Outlaws and Legacy and now for fl$ I assume The other option is your reading the trade papers to know such intimate details for all the child lacrosse organizations. Your such a [ChillLaxin].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about the AAA and AAAA teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of them has shiny teeth, one of them has a shiny dollar sign for greed, and the other has nothing shiny and therefore has no legacy!

The shinny $ sign team gives the kids great training and excellent coaching all year round.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LoL, your kid played for the Outlaws and Legacy and now for fl$ I assume The other option is your reading the trade papers to know such intimate details for all the child lacrosse organizations. Your such a [ChillLaxin].

My son is on fl$ and the club is much better than your sorry [ChillLaxin]club we left!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The grass is always greener... Little tommy doesn't have to work harder, we will just find another team..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The grass is always greener... Little tommy doesn't have to work harder, we will just find another team..

What? Lame post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's like Kentucky Blue Grass over here, and my little Johnny doesn't have to deal with the horse manure anymore. You reap what you sow. Enjoy your new crop.

Page 58 of 85 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard