BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,115
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 76 of 78 1 2 74 75 76 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Igloo B could give legacy run for that 5 spot. Who can challenge those big 3 from the Island?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws beat igloo B also. So stop. By your logic igloo B should be ahead of express too...they beat express too.
The top teams are: 1)igloo 2)express 3)91 4)outlaws 5)legacy 6)igloo B 7) empire green(old Team LI) 8)fl$
At the 2022 nationalchampionship igloo won the whole thing and express finished in the top 5. 91 finished 7th. Outlaws finished in 13th. Legacy finished 18th. Not a bad showing for LI. Outlaws are definitely top 5. My son's team played them numerous times and they were good. And yes my son's team played all the above teams also. And I've been coaching/playing/involved with lacrosse for 33 years. I know lacrosse. Enjoy this grade of kids. A lot of talent. And for those of you parents that think winning these games at this age means anything, you are in for a rude awakening. It's all about getting into college. And those coaches DO NOT CARE who wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Igloo/express
2. 91
3. Legacy
4. Igloo B
5. Outlaws/fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know who you are Outlaws dad. Outlaws did not beat igloo, outlaws is not in top 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy not even in conversation

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1. Igloo/express
2. 91
3. Legacy
4. Igloo B
5. Outlaws/fl$

Why rank after the top 3? The rest are irrelevant when it comes to competing with other top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking at the a teams - aa teams are pretty set igloo express 9d1 and are very talented so my son wants to maybe tryout for the "second teams" of these organizations - thoughts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talk doesn't mean anything. Lots of daddy's talk a big game. The good players will be back and hopefully they will fill some of the weaker spots

Absolutely not true I know for a fact at least 8 kids are leaving. I'm sure that you will lose the big mouth daddy too !

Well that would be a mistake of top kids are leaving... not sure where they are going to end up...but unless it is a move to express 9d1 or igloo they are moving down the food chain

You are delusional.Outlaws are not even a top 5 Long Island team not to mention that your not even in the top 25 nationwide! Please stop your a B+/A- team at best !

Thank you for your assessment... now move on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Igloo/express
2. 91
3. Legacy
4. Igloo B
5. Outlaws/fl$

Why rank after the top 3? The rest are irrelevant when it comes to competing with other top teams.

You know nothing about lacrosse...probably never heard of the sport until a few years ago... Outlaws lost to Express by one goal at laxfest... Empire almost beat Express... teams are catching up and that scares you because your son is no longer on the team.
Igloo B beat Express...legacy and fl$ are not in same class yet... we will see what 2018 before brings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looking at the a teams - aa teams are pretty set igloo express 9d1 and are very talented so my son wants to maybe tryout for the "second teams" of these organizations - thoughts

Nothing wrong with it. It all comes down to the coach and is he going to give it the same attention that A teams get. Nothing worse than spending 1000s of dollars and they can't return an email. Express is starting their new hybrid team with the former Excel coach. If they can get some the talent to stick from tryouts the team might be good. It's brand new so most of the roster should be up for grabs at tryouts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most "second" teams from organizations do not travel to good tournaments with good competition and if they do.. you will get placed in the B bracket if the A team is present. All depends on the level of skill on the team and what you and your son are looking for. Igloo did it well but 9D1 and Express did not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with it. It all comes down to the coach and is he going to give it the same attention that A teams get. Nothing worse than spending 1000s of dollars and they can't return an email. Express is starting their new hybrid team with the former Excel coach. If they can get some the talent to stick from tryouts the team might be good. It's brand new so most of the roster should be up for grabs at tryouts.

And before that one game Express beat Outlaws and every other team by double digits! Stop being dilusional , Outlaws cannot ever hang with Express or 9d1 or Igloo A. They are good but not AA just not!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws last 2 Games against express and Igloo A Teams were 5-4 Losses
That's defiantly is a B Team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most "second" teams from organizations do not travel to good tournaments with good competition and if they do.. you will get placed in the B bracket if the A team is present. All depends on the level of skill on the team and what you and your son are looking for. Igloo did it well but 9D1 and Express did not.

Another issue with 2nd teams is a dad as the HC. That is a recipe for frustration. Dad's can be assts. or coordinators. But not HC, they can't help but favor their sons. That's my experience. Interested in this Express Hybrid team, though. But know nothing about the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again that is after Express played like 3 games and were spent. You are not being realistic, how many times have Outlaws beat Express? None! They beat 9d1 once back when they had 2 teams. I dont care if its only a one goal game its a LOSS. So stop with your it was close talk!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another issue with 2nd teams is a dad as the HC. That is a recipe for frustration. Dad's can be assts. or coordinators. But not HC, they can't help but favor their sons. That's my experience. Interested in this Express Hybrid team, though. But know nothing about the coach.

What is the grade for that hybrid team? Is it 7th/8th or something else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again that is after Express played like 3 games and were spent. You are not being realistic, how many times have Outlaws beat Express? None! They beat 9d1 once back when they had 2 teams. I dont care if its only a one goal game its a LOSS. So stop with your it was close talk!

The loss by one goal argument is almost pathetic as the coming in 13th place in Maryland being a good showing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the grade for that hybrid team? Is it 7th/8th or something else?

Its 2022. It's new team for a combo of the bottom half of Channy's roster and kids selected at tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son on this Outlaw team. True we have not beat Express and beat 91 only 1 time. Also true, if you were to ask each kid the teams record after the season they would have no idea. It is the parents that get hung up on wins and losses. You want your child to be part of a good organization where they will learn and get better. There is no better way to learn than to get hands on experience. So if my son is getting playing time and he is part of the winning and losing experience he will grow from that. Stop trying to rank organizations and teams it means nothing. It should be about the experience you child is getting from it and each child will have there own opinion. Maybe all of the parents should take the time and ask if there child is happy where they are instead of putting them where the parent wants them because the team is ranked highest on there list. You can rank us 20th in that Maryland Tournament and guess what.The kids don't care. Only the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey genius....they played the same amount of games as express did that day. Know the facts first. It was both their 3rd games of the day. Semi finals. But I guess only express was spent. I think you are thinking of 91 who only played 1 game that day. And still lost to express. Get over it. Is express better...yes....but to say outlaws can never hang with them is just wrong. They hang with most teams. Proved it in MD. And Btw most of those kids are all friends. They don't care. YOU do. Which makes you pretty small.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey genius....they played the same amount of games as express did that day. Know the facts first. It was both their 3rd games of the day. Semi finals. But I guess only express was spent. I think you are thinking of 91 who only played 1 game that day. And still lost to express. Get over it. Is express better...yes....but to say outlaws can never hang with them is just wrong. They hang with most teams. Proved it in MD. And Btw most of those kids are all friends. They don't care. YOU do. Which makes you pretty small.

Outlaws hung in 13th place in Maryland and has never beat any of the top 3 teams (with the exception of beating 91 once). Lost to Igloo B...makes Outlaws a B Team. No biggie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws hung in 13th place in Maryland and has never beat any of the top 3 teams (with the exception of beating 91 once). Lost to Igloo B...makes Outlaws a B Team. No biggie

Again perpetuating the idea that there is AA and then everyone else is B . . . such small mindedness and one of the things that will hold the sport back in its maturity (which BTW is way different than growth!).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow .. once again with the igloo b argument... igloo b also beat Express... right! BTW stop putting down Igloo B. They are a strong team and have a couple of stud middies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is former Excel coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son on this Outlaw team. True we have not beat Express and beat 91 only 1 time. Also true, if you were to ask each kid the teams record after the season they would have no idea. It is the parents that get hung up on wins and losses. You want your child to be part of a good organization where they will learn and get better. There is no better way to learn than to get hands on experience. So if my son is getting playing time and he is part of the winning and losing experience he will grow from that. Stop trying to rank organizations and teams it means nothing. It should be about the experience you child is getting from it and each child will have there own opinion. Maybe all of the parents should take the time and ask if there child is happy where they are instead of putting them where the parent wants them because the team is ranked highest on there list. You can rank us 20th in that Maryland Tournament and guess what.The kids don't care. Only the parents.

I find all of this hilarious. People think their kids are so good because there on this team or that team. Take best kid on Express and put him on Outlaws and now they are best. I will take it one step further take top 2 or 3 kids from top A team move them to top B teams and now they are in the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow .. once again with the igloo b argument... igloo b also beat Express... right! BTW stop putting down Igloo B. They are a strong team and have a couple of stud middies.

This is all water under the bridge at this point. Both teams will have much improved rosters going into 2018. Let it go already....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know it's you roz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. Does your kid enjoy the team, the coaching and like his teammates and do you like the other parents (don't under estimate that). If yes, who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Igloo start making calls from tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, all done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me this new Express Hybrid 2022 team they are talking about...any thoughts????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, all done.

Still going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me this new Express Hybrid 2022 team they are talking about...any thoughts????

The concept is good, combine the best kids in the age group that are on the B team, kids at open tryouts and those that don't play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard ONE Very large team, and each week kids compete to play A. Those that do not play Hybrid.
Do you really think for a second that will change week to week. Have to give them credit they figured out another way to rake in the $$$$$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard ONE Very large team, and each week kids compete to play A. Those that do not play Hybrid.
Do you really think for a second that will change week to week. Have to give them credit they figured out another way to rake in the $$$$$$$

That also sounds like on any given weekend when the A team is available, they will send A players down to win the T-Shirt. There are no roster rules in tournament lacrosse, but this just seems to make that potential issue worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor Has It Igloo AA is losing its 2 top players any truth to the rumor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who knows what will eventually happen. The Hybrid team had a couple of weeks of practices and played two games. It was primarily comprised of players from the existing 2022 Express B team with a couple of players from Channy's A team that didn't make the Denver roster and a few recruits from other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's coaching the team?

Who knows what will eventually happen. The Hybrid team had a couple of weeks of practices and played two games. It was primarily comprised of players from the existing 2022 Express B team with a couple of players from Channy's A team that didn't make the Denver roster and a few recruits from other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what it will become is the overflow team. Everyone that does political nonsense to be players 25-35 on the AA team will now be placed here as a first stop. Perfect strategy. That way there isn't 35 kids on the sidings for AA, but probably will be for hybrid. No thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are going on two years now with this hate outlaws ridiculousness. They can absolutely handle A tournaments. To be the best you have to play the best. Simple really. The buck doesn't stop with 3 teams.

Page 76 of 78 1 2 74 75 76 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard