BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 95 of 102 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
About 100 less than expected!

Nobody wants to comment on how the Igloo tryout was? Did they get a lot of kids? Did they take their current players and the 1 or 2 players they want and put them in a separate group like they did last year (and not pay attention to the other kids)?

There were about 60-75 kids there. Yes, they were separated out. And you kinda got the feeling it was set beforehand. Another scam. Thanks for wasting my time, Igloo.

Neither of you were obviously there. There were 80+ boys there, they separated by position for drills and focused on reps, today is scrimmaging and sure they will separate the boys they are focused on[/quote]

What helmets showed up; outlaws,true blue, express. Usually a good indication of issues on other clubs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What helmets showed up; outlaws,true blue, express. Usually a good indication of issues on other clubs.

Express and 90+1 helmets were definitely there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait for Express tryouts!! It'll blow Igloo out of the water!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That makes sense, since those organizations have the most teams and the most players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize poster is just naming teams to get a rise out of all.

No one is voluntarily leaving top teams(well maybe one unhappy person 😉)

If there were express and 9d1 helmets probably from C team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That makes sense, since those organizations have the most teams and the most players

Most people looking to change teams at this point are parents of non starters who are unhappy with playing time. Whether they know it or not, they are trying out for the B team. If they happen to make the A team, they will be nonstarters and will complain all season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will blow, that's for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo looking for righty attack. Their top 5 mids plus LSM will be the only ones seeing time at midfield. Defense just needs a coach. Know what you're getting into people. Don't be bottom 6-8 on that team, you'll never touch the field.

lefty attack sucks.

Did you really just call out a 12 yo and say he sucks??!

How was lefty at tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably Express 2nd or 3rd team players and the same for 90+1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practically all of Express A is at Brine

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course all express is at brine ....lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will blow, that's for sure.

Email out on GP going to Express. Express will blow away Igloo tryouts for sure now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how people start rumors. No one is leaving True Blue. The kids absolutely love it and there are no problems on the team what so ever. Everyone will be back and as happy as ever. Something you guys lack.

So those weren't TB helmets at the Igloo tryout then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GP will be a huge addition!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON hasn't been relevant in 5 years

5 years is not accurate. They only started up as a program 4 years ago. So 4 years is the right number.

Good to know you've both been keeping track of teams your kid isn't on. Share your thoughts on all the other teams too. Or maybe you should spend less time on here.

Who said my kid isn't on the team?

i guess i'm just assuming like most of everything on there you were crapping on everyone else's team like most do. or i think its actually a limited # of people of post 90% of the B.S. and it seems like everyone's doing it.

with that being said, if your kid is on the team, i guess i give you credit for letting him play and enjoy it if thats what he wants and you don't force him onto a more "relevant" team.

Relevant to who? A bunch of dads on BOTC who talk like they play the game? At the end of the day 99% of your kids are going nowhere with lax. If they are lucky enough to play for a D2 or D3 school (if at all) nobody will remember what team they played for at 12. For the record I don't have a kid on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how people start rumors. No one is leaving True Blue. The kids absolutely love it and there are no problems on the team what so ever. Everyone will be back and as happy as ever. Something you guys lack.

Apparently someone believed the ol' "we're keeping the team together" line from the coaches and parents. The best kids will be looking for a spot on a better team. That's how it works. They got a small taste of success and are bailing on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody from True Blue could make the Igloo roster - so you are probably right that no TB at Igloo tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is he coaching? AJ taking his son to the B team finally?8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most people looking to change teams at this point are parents of non starters who are unhappy with playing time. Whether they know it or not, they are trying out for the B team. If they happen to make the A team, they will be nonstarters and will complain all season.

It amazes me the amount of parents that have their kids "tryout" for these teams. These "A or AA" teams are already established. Unless your kid is a true diamond in the rough, don't waste your time with these clubs.
A) they cost significantly more than the offbrand "B" teams and don't include much if anything more for that price.
B) if your kid is fortunate enough to be invited to the team and is not a stud, he will be riding the bench next spring/summer. Sure he'll get minutes in the fall tournaments. You still have a number of payments left to make!
My advice is to have your kid tryout for a team that's on its way up. Whether an A division contender or B. There will be more opportunity for quality kids to contribute on those teams. Do your homework on how the team did in the past season. Contact the organization and ask if there are any father coaches and which position the son plays. If it is the same position as your son, be leery. Father coaches on PAL are to be expected. On a $3k/year team, unacceptable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's because they are not friends with the dad coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON hasn't been relevant in 5 years

5 years is not accurate. They only started up as a program 4 years ago. So 4 years is the right number.

Good to know you've both been keeping track of teams your kid isn't on. Share your thoughts on all the other teams too. Or maybe you should spend less time on here.

i guess i'm just assuming like most of everything on there you were crapping on everyone else's team like most do. or i think its actually a limited # of people of post 90% of the B.S. and it seems like everyone's doing it.

with that being said, if your kid is on the team, i guess i give you credit for letting him play and enjoy it if thats what he wants and you don't force him onto a more "relevant" team.

Relevant to who? A bunch of dads on BOTC who talk like they play the game? At the end of the day 99% of your kids are going nowhere with lax. If they are lucky enough to play for a D2 or D3 school (if at all) nobody will remember what team they played for at 12. For the record I don't have a kid on the team.

So you are just trolling the 12yr old thread? Creepy!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the incessant whining of disgruntled parents, seeing miserable people being miserable is worth the time reading this garbage. The best part is how your blowing your kids college funds on a hopeless dream of d1 immortality and financial independence from tuition. Keep the [lacrosse] fest going peeps, I need the entertainment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody wants to comment on how the Igloo tryout was? Did they get a lot of kids? Did they take their current players and the 1 or 2 players they want and put them in a separate group like they did last year (and not pay attention to the other kids)?

There were about 60-75 kids there. Yes, they were separated out. And you kinda got the feeling it was set beforehand. Another scam. Thanks for wasting my time, Igloo.

Neither of you were obviously there. There were 80+ boys there, they separated by position for drills and focused on reps, today is scrimmaging and sure they will separate the boys they are focused on

we chose to save our money and not donate to igloo or pay to try and be an a "B" team
[/quote]

Thank you for that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]ICON hasn't been relevant in 5 years

Relevant to who? A bunch of dads on BOTC who talk like they play the game? At the end of the day 99% of your kids are going nowhere with lax. If they are lucky enough to play for a D2 or D3 school (if at all) nobody will remember what team they played for at 12. For the record I don't have a kid on the team
To the guy who said 99% of kids going nowhere with lax, you're not even close to being correct - a HS lax SA actually has a 12.3% of playing college lacrosse, with a 2.9% chance of playing D1, a 2.3% chance of playing D2, and a 7.1% chance of playing D3. This also does not take into account other non-NCAA levels such as NJCAA. Granted we're talking about current riusing 7th graders here, and not all will proceed to the HS level, 1% is nowhere near ~12%!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who or what is GP ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coming from an Igloo parent who hid in B tournaments this year rather than face real competition! Loser. Go hide under the same rock as your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Neither of you were obviously there. There were 80+ boys there, they separated by position for drills and focused on reps, today is scrimmaging and sure they will separate the boys they are focused on

we chose to save our money and not donate to igloo or pay to try and be an a "B" team

Thank you for that![/quote]

So obviously you wasn't there. Begging for someone to post so you can be you? The People who care were there. The ones that don't care wasn't there. Wonder why no one posting about numbers etc Too many people on this site just want to bash people. I'm sure if your son plays 2023 you know someone who was there. Call or txt them. It's over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who or what is GP ?

Powers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were not at the "private" workout or were texted by the dad's you donated to the Igloo fund.
If you didn't show consider your self lucky.
If you did pay, you learned a lesson.
Team will be a B- team anyway until the dad's part ways.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody from True Blue could make the Igloo roster - so you are probably right that no TB at Igloo tryouts.

lol that's a joke right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The moron from Igloo that posted this is a j**k o*f. I love the parents on Igloo, Express and 90+1, u guys think your something special its pathetic. My son would run circles around any of your kids and would make any of the above three mentioned teams. However, he loves JC and loves being with his friends and at 10,11,12,13 etc that means more to him/me then saying I play on one of those teams. Sad how you dads think truly sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who or what is GP ?

Powers

What grade is he working with

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The moron from Igloo that posted this is a j**k o*f. I love the parents on Igloo, Express and 90+1, u guys think your something special its pathetic. My son would run circles around any of your kids and would make any of the above three mentioned teams. However, he loves JC and loves being with his friends and at 10,11,12,13 etc that means more to him/me then saying I play on one of those teams. Sad how you dads think truly sad.

If you it read closely you'll see there is no way an igloo parent wrote that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who or what is GP ?

Powers

what thread are you on genius

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently someone believed the ol' "we're keeping the team together" line from the coaches and parents. The best kids will be looking for a spot on a better team. That's how it works. They got a small taste of success and are bailing on the team.

Why would they bail if they had success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who or what is GP ?

Powers

what thread are you on genius

Email doesn't state what grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sue he can. Sure he would. He's the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would they bail if they had success.

sometimes it's for convenience. When you have multiple kids playing at different ages, its just easier to commute to the closer team. As long as it is a good fit. That what we did and it worked out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023/2026

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually it says 2026 and 2023 on the GP email. Guess he's taking two teams.

Page 95 of 102 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard