BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,115
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 78 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Holdback and recalssed. They are in grade 2022, but belong in 2020

No hater, just holdbacks. Should be 2021.

The kids work hard play the game the right way and actually play up, but still get ripped on here.
Just amazing. You have to love all the haters!

Maybe I am missing something but if a kid is ~14, and therefore more age-appropriate for a 2021 team, and this is a 2022 thread, how is that kid playing up??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for the 2022 Championship this week. I betting the team with the most Holdbacks Wins and then their parents say it's only 1 or 2 years so get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough about Express already. Lets talk about the 9d1 and Igloo experiment? How did that turn out for them? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

It seems to me, and could be wrong, but some top clubs have not had the success this spring/summer that it has had in the past. Express has done really well, and that goes for Legacy as well. Really impressed with how they have been able to grow as a club. I think those two clubs are now the top two on the Island, in my opinion, and I am biased as my son plays for one of the clubs. But just going off the eye test, that's what I see. I think talent will migrate there as we head into tryouts.

Good luck trying to migrate to Express Channy with a 40 plus roster already!

Channy is trying to put together a second A team. Unfortunately, the parents of the non Denver roster, but part of the 40+ refuse to go and would rather have their son ride the bench and never play just so they can say, my son is on Channy's A Team. Who are the fools here? $2800 for what? No championship t-shirts because there are usually only 24. To proud to play on a second strong team? Not fools, idiots!

They already had some practices and in my opinion it will not meet expectations. I am of the opinion that second A teams don't work when they are formed this way. i.e. parents who think their kid should be an AA player and throw a headline on it to appease them to accept the team invite. Second A teams only work when they are developed independently and gain success through practice and on the field. The progression has to be upward, not downward. There are many examples of this working and the common theme is independent of the AA team. Again, just my opinion and I could be wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for the 2022 Championship this week. I betting the team with the most Holdbacks Wins and then their parents say it's only 1 or 2 years so get over it.

I'm going with Bethesda then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids work hard play the game the right way and actually play up, but still get ripped on here.

Maybe I am missing something but if a kid is ~14, and therefore more age-appropriate for a 2021 team, and this is a 2022 thread, how is that kid playing up??

Talking about 2020 Crush kids who are 2022 grad year in school. Assuming they are both 2021 based on DOB, don't they play up on Crush? No one has said they are playing 2022 even though they could under the current rules (holdback or not).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo used on age players from their own organization. All legal

Yes legal. But stop saying "it takes a team..." when you cut kids from your AA team so older kids get another chance. Not good for the "culture". But yes legal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talking about 2020 Crush kids who are 2022 grad year in school. Assuming they are both 2021 based on DOB, don't they play up on Crush? No one has said they are playing 2022 even though they could under the current rules (holdback or not).

Except Junior has been known to play for the 2023 Bandits when they play up in 2022B brackets - again all legal because he is NOW a 2022. And the only problem people ought to have with that is that the organization calls them a 2023 team (false advertising).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except Junior has been known to play for the 2023 Bandits when they play up in 2022B brackets - again all legal because he is NOW a 2022. And the only problem people ought to have with that is that the organization calls them a 2023 team (false advertising).

Lots of smoke and mirrors. Jr, who stands in the crease the whole game(better get a couple) should be entering 9th grade, but often plays 2 years down, And another prominent Crusher, who is now a Blazer, should be entering 11th. Can't make this stuff up. Only in the Lax world! Keep pumping that brand.....yet they love to put the Crabs down??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JR has always played up and that is a fact my son played with the organization Not a fan nor hater but know the boy. Never reclassed started school late Could technically be a young 2021 but is and has been a 2022 since K. FACT. People think he's a 2020 because he plays up on that team. I personally give them credit because he plays up not down. Regardless as good as he is and he is elite. The team we have at express is very deep and talented

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for 2022 Millon tournament
Should be a great few days Reluctantly I will go express This late in the summer there are always upsets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hawks have proven to be the best 2022 team and Express is the best U13 team. No need to debate holdbacks, it is within the guidelines. However, I love hearing Quint Kessenich's opinion. Simply said grade based encourages reclassing and nobody wants to a 6 foot kids vs a 4 foot kid. So let's go LI clubs, time to switch this grade based nonsense.

so what are you saying, there isnt any age grade appropriate 6 footers? Wrong, I saw at least one!

Way to get overly particular in defense of the indefensible. Why don't you, or anyone else for that matter, explain why grade based is actually a better way to organize this sport at the youth level? In the past, when the madness reached its peak, with recruiting going on at the earlier years - maybe it could have been explained or rationalized. But, now there is simply no recruiting happening in any meaningful way (and by that I mean even seriously watching players) prior to at least kids being in HS for a year. So if you make 9G the first year that you compete against your "graduating class" rather than your age group that would seemingly make sense. Let 13 year old kids play against 13 year old kids and once they become 9g they can be the class of 2022. Seems to make sense. Doesn't fix the hold back, re-class, pre-first type thing entirely, but once you reach HS you are playing kids older than you are anyway. Why should a kid have to endure it as a youth while they are just learning the game?

wish it were true. But Saw UNC and MD looking at 2021 at a tournament this past week. there are not even in HS (although some looked and sounded as if they were going to be sophomores) and were bigger then 2020's and some 2019/18's. cant even make this stuff up.

dont take your foot off the pedal, you will be passed by if you do

Yes coaches will evaluate and get players to their prospect days and use those to connect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hawks have 14-15 year old kids on the team..most of these boys in 2022 are just turning 13...Hawks should win it with these kids that should be going into 9th and 10th grade but parents see nothing wrong with it because its the norm in MD and MA and Canada

Only 4 kids born before 9/1/03. Only 1 kid born before 5/1/03. Hardly "stacked" with holdbacks.

So I take it those 5 holdbacks are their most dominant players and get the majority of playing time at their positions? So 5 out of 10 on the field at one time, no that isn't stacked.

Hawks vs express in the final is my prediction.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Technically? What does that even mean? June is a late birthday? I snif a holdback. What is tue is he is a good player who sometimes plays up and sometimes plays down. Age wise, a true 2021 FACT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to everyone down in Maryland for 2022 championships should be a great finale

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to everyone down in Maryland for 2022 championships should be a great finale

So far great competition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the igloo goalie? Sending prayers his way..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Broken femur

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Technically? What does that even mean? June is a late birthday? I snif a holdback. What is tue is he is a good player who sometimes plays up and sometimes plays down. Age wise, a true 2021 FACT

Depends on whether you use the 5/1, 9/1, 12/1, or 1/1 for your definition of holdback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who played goalie for igloo the 3 game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just counted 35 boys on LI Express. How many actually play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They let them add a player mid tournament. No verification of grade, name , nothing. Complete BS! So much for the strict roster and grade verification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on whether you use the 5/1, 9/1, 12/1, or 1/1 for your definition of holdback.

Umm.... on LI it's December, which makes an early June Birthday right in the middle. No academic reason to holdback, ehh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They let them add a player mid tournament. No verification of grade, name , nothing. Complete BS! So much for the strict roster and grade verification.

Interesting igloo won last game vs palm beach 10-9 with borrowed goalie. Sucks kid got hurt but injuries are part of the game. Igloo carries 20 plus kids and no one plays goalie??? What next fogo gets hurt let's borrow a player from a different team....submitted rosters mean nothing just another black eye for MM and youth lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Checkout express roster..kids with no jersey #'s listed. How can you verify that. They could be anyone! And knowing chanenbuck$ probably way older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting igloo won last game vs palm beach 10-9 with borrowed goalie. Sucks kid got hurt but injuries are part of the game. Igloo carries 20 plus kids and no one plays goalie??? What next fogo gets hurt let's borrow a player from a different team....submitted rosters mean nothing just another black eye for MM and youth lax

hey needle [lacrosse], a non goalie player stepped up and they won anyway. why don't you go back to searching tinder for the girls off i-95 looking for a 5'5 220b stud with a hairy back and 4inch stiffy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He plays for their 2023 Igloo team you moron. You got beat by a little goalie. Get over it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hawks have 14-15 year old kids on the team..most of these boys in 2022 are just turning 13...Hawks should win it with these kids that should be going into 9th and 10th grade but parents see nothing wrong with it because its the norm in MD and MA and Canada

Only 4 kids born before 9/1/03. Only 1 kid born before 5/1/03. Hardly "stacked" with holdbacks.

So I take it those 5 holdbacks are their most dominant players and get the majority of playing time at their positions? So 5 out of 10 on the field at one time, no that isn't stacked.

Hawks vs express in the final is my prediction.

Surprised at some of the scores. Freedom and Big 4 HHH should probably been there instead of some of the weaker teams. Any other clubs that should have been there instead some of the weaker ones? I thought LegggyC and Outlaws would have done better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Broken femur

Dislocated knee cap

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Younger brother of a 2022 player. I think he was a 2023 player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The goalie for HAWKS IS A two time holdback ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo gave up 9 goals in 3rd game so Drew Adams was not the additional.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a pathetic post... this is what upsets you??? They borrow a
Kid who is 2 years Younger??? While most teams have kids going into either 9th or 10th.. that is what should upset you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are complete tools. Igloo is using the goalie from their B team. The goalie who got hurt is one one the best goalies at this age. No they don't carry two goalies. Our prayers are with any player on any team that gets hurt and nobody cares if they replace that player with an equal or lesser player. Read back on your posts, you sound like monkeys. "Sucks kid got hurt" "black eye for MM"...you are a jerk off. The kid broke his leg, maybe that's a good time to keep your mouth shut and wish the kid the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should not have been allowed. It's on the coach if they didn't bring a 2nd goalie. Why bother with rosters, it's all BS. Which team did they borrow from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the younger brother of a player on the team. Was there as a fan and stepped in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not borrowed in house. Stop crying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Checkout express roster..kids with no jersey #'s listed. How can you verify that. They could be anyone! And knowing chanenbuck$ probably way older kids.

They would never bring in guest players., that doesn't happen. But those 12 or so that don't play in meaningful games love the training and practice time they get. It will improve next year when 2nd A team is rostered, which will be lucky to be a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the younger brother of a player on the team. Was there as a fan and stepped in.

doesn't matter who it was or why he was there, if the payer was not on the submitted roster should not have been allowed to play. This tournament had rules that stated all players must be on the submitted rosters. Rules are rules!! I blame the coach for not having a 2nd goalie,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

doesn't matter who it was or why he was there, if the payer was not on the submitted roster should not have been allowed to play. This tournament had rules that stated all players must be on the submitted rosters. Rules are rules!! I blame the coach for not having a 2nd goalie,

are you really this big of a [lacrosse] tool? clearly your boy sucks or you are an igloo hater. If you're upset they still won with someone two years younger then you should get more shooting reps for your pathetic kid.

Page 69 of 78 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard