BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,127
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 78 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Could be a lot of kids sitting on the bench but if the parents continue to pay thennits there fault also..... can't blame anyone but who Evers involved so since ur not involved what do u care? Really get a life as long as ur child is happy where he plays who's business is anyone else's choice to you. Grow up already and stop being jealous.
Personally if my boy wasn't getting time in I would never pay top dollar just to practice. I would have him rethink his goals or train harder with a lax trainer. Then try again to be part of a team and not a bench warmer. I can't imagine that boys enjoy sitting through a game like donkeys while most others are playing

They are attempting to launch a 2nd A team for the kids that don't play and a mix of others from the outside. Makes sense after seeing what Igloo has been able to do with 2 teams and what 9! had with United and Smash. There is a lot of kids that can play at this age level.

HOPEFULLY, they won't jam that team up with another 35 kids! If they find the right kids, it could definitely be a very good competitive team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough about Express already. Lets talk about the 9d1 and Igloo experiment? How did that turn out for them? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

It seems to me, and could be wrong, but some top clubs have not had the success this spring/summer that it has had in the past. Express has done really well, and that goes for Legacy as well. Really impressed with how they have been able to grow as a club. I think those two clubs are now the top two on the Island, in my opinion, and I am biased as my son plays for one of the clubs. But just going off the eye test, that's what I see. I think talent will migrate there as we head into tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have proven to be the best 2022 team and Express is the best U13 team. No need to debate holdbacks, it is within the guidelines. However, I love hearing Quint Kessenich's opinion. Simply said grade based encourages reclassing and nobody wants to a 6 foot kids vs a 4 foot kid. So let's go LI clubs, time to switch this grade based nonsense.

so what are you saying, there isnt any age grade appropriate 6 footers? Wrong, I saw at least one!

Way to get overly particular in defense of the indefensible. Why don't you, or anyone else for that matter, explain why grade based is actually a better way to organize this sport at the youth level? In the past, when the madness reached its peak, with recruiting going on at the earlier years - maybe it could have been explained or rationalized. But, now there is simply no recruiting happening in any meaningful way (and by that I mean even seriously watching players) prior to at least kids being in HS for a year. So if you make 9G the first year that you compete against your "graduating class" rather than your age group that would seemingly make sense. Let 13 year old kids play against 13 year old kids and once they become 9g they can be the class of 2022. Seems to make sense. Doesn't fix the hold back, re-class, pre-first type thing entirely, but once you reach HS you are playing kids older than you are anyway. Why should a kid have to endure it as a youth while they are just learning the game?

Holdbacks and Reclass has always been the cowards and made fun of. Nothing has changed. No respect for older kids playing down. Sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the grade based competition does not fit within your ethical arena, then simply do not have your son participate in the grade based system. There are plenty of tournaments that have the age based categories that clubs can participate in. But to participate in something and then complain about that system when you know the rules up front is a cop out by adults. If you know the rules going in and agree to play, then STFU. You have no basis for your tired, sorry whining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have proven to be the best 2022 team and Express is the best U13 team. No need to debate holdbacks, it is within the guidelines. However, I love hearing Quint Kessenich's opinion. Simply said grade based encourages reclassing and nobody wants to a 6 foot kids vs a 4 foot kid. So let's go LI clubs, time to switch this grade based nonsense.

so what are you saying, there isnt any age grade appropriate 6 footers? Wrong, I saw at least one!

Way to get overly particular in defense of the indefensible. Why don't you, or anyone else for that matter, explain why grade based is actually a better way to organize this sport at the youth level? In the past, when the madness reached its peak, with recruiting going on at the earlier years - maybe it could have been explained or rationalized. But, now there is simply no recruiting happening in any meaningful way (and by that I mean even seriously watching players) prior to at least kids being in HS for a year. So if you make 9G the first year that you compete against your "graduating class" rather than your age group that would seemingly make sense. Let 13 year old kids play against 13 year old kids and once they become 9g they can be the class of 2022. Seems to make sense. Doesn't fix the hold back, re-class, pre-first type thing entirely, but once you reach HS you are playing kids older than you are anyway. Why should a kid have to endure it as a youth while they are just learning the game?

Holdbacks and Reclass has always been the cowards and made fun of. Nothing has changed. No respect for older kids playing down. Sorry.

Even if its your sons best friend and he misses the ever changing cut off by 1month, 1 week, even 1 day. Or if best friend is only a few days older and have been playing all sports together and in the same class together.
The no respect is guys like you that play in a system that is set and then complain about it on a site that caters to it.
Not all these kids are out to cheat or get an on field advantage. Their birthdays just happen to fall on a date that an entire sport can't get behind and support. Plenty of leagues and programs out there to play in .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the grade based competition does not fit within your ethical arena, then simply do not have your son participate in the grade based system. There are plenty of tournaments that have the age based categories that clubs can participate in. But to participate in something and then complain about that system when you know the rules up front is a cop out by adults. If you know the rules going in and agree to play, then STFU. You have no basis for your tired, sorry whining.

AMEN!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's that simple, wish it was. And there is people like me who debate the issue aND those who just complain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken like a father has held his son back so he can be a lax bro.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough about Express already. Lets talk about the 9d1 and Igloo experiment? How did that turn out for them? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

It seems to me, and could be wrong, but some top clubs have not had the success this spring/summer that it has had in the past. Express has done really well, and that goes for Legacy as well. Really impressed with how they have been able to grow as a club. I think those two clubs are now the top two on the Island, in my opinion, and I am biased as my son plays for one of the clubs. But just going off the eye test, that's what I see. I think talent will migrate there as we head into tryouts.

Good luck trying to migrate to Express Channy with a 40 plus roster already!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who the divisions are running at Bull Dog Bash in Yale? A, B, C, D etc????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy is trying to put together a second A team. Unfortunately, the parents of the non Denver roster, but part of the 40+ refuse to go and would rather have their son ride the bench and never play just so they can say, my son is on Channy's A Team. Who are the fools here? $2800 for what? No championship t-shirts because there are usually only 24. To proud to play on a second strong team? Not fools, idiots!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who the divisions are running at Bull Dog Bash in Yale? A, B, C, D etc????

Looks like they broke the teams up in fours and divisions of A B C and D for some. No name teams in the 2022 other than Tri-State, Brotherhood (PA) and True Fool, I mean True Blue. Weak weak weak tournament for the 2022s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy is trying to put together a second A team. Unfortunately, the parents of the non Denver roster, but part of the 40+ refuse to go and would rather have their son ride the bench and never play just so they can say, my son is on Channy's A Team. Who are the fools here? $2800 for what? No championship t-shirts because there are usually only 24. To proud to play on a second strong team? Not fools, idiots!

To each his own. Some don't like the B team/2nd team tag or will place their kid on an A team of a lesser club. Who cares. The 2022 age group is so deep that when these kids get to the recruiting years there be 8 LI teams that will be considered elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy used up his 2022's for his moment in the sun. Now they mean nothing and he'll focus on the 2023 Haugen team for 2018 WSYL. In the meantime, the 22's will be playing the same 5 teams as they are and have been playing all year - all over the country - but the same 5 teams none the less. People pay to put their kid on the bench are wasting their money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy used up his 2022's for his moment in the sun. Now they mean nothing and he'll focus on the 2023 Haugen team for 2018 WSYL. In the meantime, the 22's will be playing the same 5 teams as they are and have been playing all year - all over the country - but the same 5 teams none the less. People pay to put their kid on the bench are wasting their money.

Who are those same 5 teams ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like they broke the teams up in fours and divisions of A B C and D for some. No name teams in the 2022 other than Tri-State, Brotherhood (PA) and True Fool, I mean True Blue. Weak weak weak tournament for the 2022s.

Tri-State 91 a decent team, and the PA teams are good. The rest, well not so good. Interested as to why Tri-State and True Blue played in this tourney if they both claim to be "A" teams. Again, playing in tourneys where clearly there is NO real competition. ICON did well this tourney too, but they do not claim to be an "A" team. Overall, Deez people are nuts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they all the NLF clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again here come the haters
The BOTC groupies
This team is an A team then we must be a AA team
Just wait till your AA bench warmer is still riding the bench in HS and your watching the B player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What the heck are you talking about? What experiment????get a life You are a loser that needs to take your kid to the beach or something.oh, unless you live inland near strip malls and parkways.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Edge. 91. PrimeTime. Leading Edge. Express. Same team, different field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time comes back 5 days later and beats Express. You gotta love the parity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prime Time comes back 5 days later and beats Express. You gotta love the parity.

Is Express still "king of the world" ? or has their crown been lost already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the PrimeTime boys and parents. Good game, good win and good tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is the best team still, they did not play there game and everyone has those days. No one can beat them when they are on their game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is the best team still, they did not play there game and everyone has those days. No one can beat them when they are on their game

Or maybe Prime Time was off its game in Denver. No logic to your post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournament are they in this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quite possible, but the better team won on July 4 and the better team won today. Move on, next tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many times did Primetime and Express play this year and what were the scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today was at Prime Time Summer Inv. It's on Tourney Machine. Score was 9-7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to Primetime on today's win. For the record, Express has beaten Primetime 4 out of 5 games this Spring and Summer, Express scoring a total of 45 goals against Primetime's total of 28 goals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
like the guy said, they keep playing the same teams in different venues. why would anyone pay for that? Save hotels, flights, road trips and play at the same field every week, then run to this forum and d*ck measure. saves time and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a loss is a loss

How many times did Primetime and Express play this year and what were the scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me save all of you, your Sunday afternoon. "Holdback" "Reclass" "Classless" "My team is Best" "You're a Loser" "Delusional" "Money Grab" "Double Holdback" "T-Shirt" "Stinky Lady" "9D1" "Zummnuts" "Cheater" "Ripoff"

That sums up the last 10 years...

Have a Nice Day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me save all of you, your Sunday afternoon. "Holdback" "Reclass" "Classless" "My team is Best" "You're a Loser" "Delusional" "Money Grab" "Double Holdback" "T-Shirt" "Stinky Lady" "9D1" "Zummnuts" "Cheater" "Ripoff"

That sums up the last 10 years...

Have a Nice Day

You forgot
Failed experiment, outlaws, igloo, where's the penguin, deez nuts!!

BAHAHHAHAHA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ref's home cookin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on pt is a good team. Better than they played at Denver, you can be better on any day. Not saying they are better than express most days, just today. but it's a good team!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amy team can win and lose at any time. Especially kids. We played a team last year and they beat us 7-1. 1 hour later, we beat them 9-2. I should say my players did. That's the point, we (you and I) haven't lost any games this year. Kids play and move on. We sit here and do this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parity... you forget Prime time beat Igloo in the semis last week. They are good. If they won a few face off last week and didn't slide off the high crease, it's a different game. I am.sure Prime Time adjusted to that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could be a lot of kids sitting on the bench but if the parents continue to pay thennits there fault also..... can't blame anyone but who Evers involved so since ur not involved what do u care? Really get a life as long as ur child is happy where he plays who's business is anyone else's choice to you. Grow up already and stop being jealous.
Personally if my boy wasn't getting time in I would never pay top dollar just to practice. I would have him rethink his goals or train harder with a lax trainer. Then try again to be part of a team and not a bench warmer. I can't imagine that boys enjoy sitting through a game like donkeys while most others are playing

They are attempting to launch a 2nd A team for the kids that don't play and a mix of others from the outside. Makes sense after seeing what Igloo has been able to do with 2 teams and what 9! had with United and Smash. There is a lot of kids that can play at this age level.

HOPEFULLY, they won't jam that team up with another 35 kids! If they find the right kids, it could definitely be a very good competitive team.

I would thing it needs to be completely independent from the AA team. It can't be a combined practice with the AA team. Needs it's own identity and then it can work. If it is headlined with a coaching name because some parents need that, then it may not be as successful as it can be. Igloo created this and that 2nd team is legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Dad, get a life. Congrats Primetime. Saw no excuses out of them when they lost. Just saw the rankings. New #1. As Express knows though, you are only as good as your next game! Stay down on the farm.

Page 67 of 78 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard