BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,127
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 78 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually Express true FOGO who takes all the FOs during the AA games over the past 3 years didn't make the trip because why, is is too old? But wait, its only the MD teams that have kids older than 9/1, so I read! Can't wait to see who starts next weekend at Millon's "true" National tournament, my guess is the kid that plays against true AA competition and not the Denver joke of a tournament!

Is it grade based or age based ? Must be great to have two great FO's. One for every occasion - now that is great planning & organization.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually Express true FOGO who takes all the FOs during the AA games over the past 3 years didn't make the trip because why, is is too old? But wait, its only the MD teams that have kids older than 9/1, so I read! Can't wait to see who starts next weekend at Millon's "true" National tournament, my guess is the kid that plays against true AA competition and not the Denver joke of a tournament!

Sorry but Maryland holdback teams would not do well if the holdbacks were removed. At least Express won with a proper age team. If it was a weak tournament and Maryland teams were afraid to play without the hold backs then those teams from Maryland must be much worse than we all think. Give it a rest. You can't call a tournament weak when your owe team was afraid to play in it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but Maryland holdback teams would not do well if the holdbacks were removed. At least Express won with a proper age team. If it was a weak tournament and Maryland teams were afraid to play without the hold backs then those teams from Maryland must be much worse than we all think. Give it a rest. You can't call a tournament weak when your owe team was afraid to play in it.

All teams that went dropped kids and added kids. Most top MA, PA, and MD teams weren't willing to do it. So enjoy your NY championship, but it is extremely far from being a world championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All teams that went dropped kids and added kids. Most top MA, PA, and MD teams weren't willing to do it. So enjoy your NY championship, but it is extremely far from being a world championship.

Agreed. Does a kid born in July or August really have a tremendous advantage over a kid born in September ? I don't think so.Make the cutoff 7/1 & you'll make it more competitive.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD can't compete without cheating. Period. You need older kids to beat up on younger kids to feel good about yourselves. You could never beat Express with on age kids. So get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Does a kid born in July or August really have a tremendous advantage over a kid born in September ? I don't think so.Make the cutoff 7/1 & you'll make it more competitive.

You realize that you can play that game all day. Does a kid born in June really have a tremendous advantage over a kid born in July? Set a cutoff date and accept it. This is what they are trying to do with the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Api did beat Express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is 7/1, a summer birthday kid could play in the WSYL two years in a row and in that second year its a big advantage quote=Anonymous]

You realize that you can play that game all day. Does a kid born in June really have a tremendous advantage over a kid born in July? Set a cutoff date and accept it. This is what they are trying to do with the system.[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland teams just chose not to leave a couple kids behind. Some teams from NY or elsewhere chose differently. If the cutoff were announced before teams were set more teams might have participated. NY teams went grade based first by the way. If NY teams don't like it, go back to age based and don't participate in grade based tournaments and see if other areas follow. But don't call teams cheaters for playing by the rules you set. And don't call teams afraid for choosing to stay a team. Just be happy for all of the kids that are doing well at this level and are playing by the rules, regardless of which tournament it is.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Api did beat Express

Hawks beat API 18-6. API not even a top 5 team from Maryland anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Api did beat Express

But my Dad told me we were world champs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have 9th and 10th graders. API doesn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Why - because they don't have any holdbacks? MD and MA are pathetic...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...the sounds of the serf population from the Burger King bathroom stall. All of your chatter means less than the scribbling on a carnival porta-potty wall, smeared in cumulative streaks of each and every one of your diarrhea. You all waste your days in the sewer while the real players and their families are celebrating good times. It's an honor to attend that event. Instead of aiming to win for your kids, instead of getting in the backyard with your kid and training, you air your stinky diarrhea here. P.U. you stink!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why - because they don't have any holdbacks? MD and MA are pathetic...
[/quote]
API has holdbacks did not bring them to Denver and if API went by NY school age cut off half the team would be 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
API does have holdbacks. Please try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think that API with or without holdbacks could beat the Hawks you are high. If the Hawks played man down the entire game API would lose by 7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off to API for bringing an age appropriate team to Denver within the 2017 WSYL age guidelines. Great job!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD can't compete without cheating. Period. You need older kids to beat up on younger kids to feel good about yourselves. You could never beat Express with on age kids. So get over it.

I didn't see Express's normal fogo on TV. Who knows who else normally plays but was too old by the current year's definition of U13. Kudos to express for putting the best kids that met this years definition of u13 for one weekend! Now back to real tournaments with the normal teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hats off to API for bringing an age appropriate team to Denver within the 2017 WSYL age guidelines. Great job!

API will beat Hawks at Millon Championship - 1st game. Both teams will have their holdbacks. You heard it here first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...the sounds of the serf population from the Burger King bathroom stall. All of your chatter means less than the scribbling on a carnival porta-potty wall, smeared in cumulative streaks of each and every one of your diarrhea. You all waste your days in the sewer while the real players and their families are celebrating good times. It's an honor to attend that event. Instead of aiming to win for your kids, instead of getting in the backyard with your kid and training, you air your stinky diarrhea here. P.U. you stink!

The words of the prophet ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have proven to be the best 2022 team and Express is the best U13 team. No need to debate holdbacks, it is within the guidelines. However, I love hearing Quint Kessenich's opinion. Simply said grade based encourages reclassing and nobody wants to a 6 foot kids vs a 4 foot kid. So let's go LI clubs, time to switch this grade based nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please share all those plaques and swag and other crap the wsyl hands out with the kids left behind. - thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Express look good or should I say 3 players (15,20, and Fogo 21) looked good and strangely never came off the field. 20 must have played 43 out of the 48 mins.. with a 7 goal lead you would think coach would give a few other middies a shot.

Express Dominated in the Playoffs - FOGO was unstoppable. He went through 91, API and PT like a Hot Knife through butter. He is the reason they won. Would argue that 91 and PT are deeper but they never got the chance to show it. Played Defense the entire game.

It would be interesting to see who would win if there were no faceoffs after every goal.[/quo

that is just ridiculous! if you want to see no face offs go back to pal !

How come the fogo gets smoked when he goes against real competition....ya know the best teams that weren't there? Not one top fogo in that tournament, ease up

It's true our 13 year old FOGO has trouble with your 14/15 year old FOGO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have proven to be the best 2022 team and Express is the best U13 team. No need to debate holdbacks, it is within the guidelines. However, I love hearing Quint Kessenich's opinion. Simply said grade based encourages reclassing and nobody wants to a 6 foot kids vs a 4 foot kid. So let's go LI clubs, time to switch this grade based nonsense.

so what are you saying, there isnt any age grade appropriate 6 footers? Wrong, I saw at least one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so what are you saying, there isnt any age grade appropriate 6 footers? Wrong, I saw at least one!

Way to get overly particular in defense of the indefensible. Why don't you, or anyone else for that matter, explain why grade based is actually a better way to organize this sport at the youth level? In the past, when the madness reached its peak, with recruiting going on at the earlier years - maybe it could have been explained or rationalized. But, now there is simply no recruiting happening in any meaningful way (and by that I mean even seriously watching players) prior to at least kids being in HS for a year. So if you make 9G the first year that you compete against your "graduating class" rather than your age group that would seemingly make sense. Let 13 year old kids play against 13 year old kids and once they become 9g they can be the class of 2022. Seems to make sense. Doesn't fix the hold back, re-class, pre-first type thing entirely, but once you reach HS you are playing kids older than you are anyway. Why should a kid have to endure it as a youth while they are just learning the game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Way to get overly particular in defense of the indefensible. Why don't you, or anyone else for that matter, explain why grade based is actually a better way to organize this sport at the youth level? In the past, when the madness reached its peak, with recruiting going on at the earlier years - maybe it could have been explained or rationalized. But, now there is simply no recruiting happening in any meaningful way (and by that I mean even seriously watching players) prior to at least kids being in HS for a year. So if you make 9G the first year that you compete against your "graduating class" rather than your age group that would seemingly make sense. Let 13 year old kids play against 13 year old kids and once they become 9g they can be the class of 2022. Seems to make sense. Doesn't fix the hold back, re-class, pre-first type thing entirely, but once you reach HS you are playing kids older than you are anyway. Why should a kid have to endure it as a youth while they are just learning the game?

Well said and makes complete sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the Express Forum disappear to? Are they banished with 90+1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every single LI team left kids off their roster for WSYL because they were to old! That is a fact. Please stop acting like LI is the little sisters of the poor. The way those clubs treat kids is embarrassing and strictly a money driven ploy .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express heavy favorite for the Millon Tourney!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 man roster, that was the limit for all teams in Denver, so unfortunately some players could not attend. This wasn't a PAL tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule is up on Tourney Machine. It's includes team rosters. Express has 35 kids listed. That's a lot of kids sitting on the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule is up on Tourney Machine. It's includes team rosters. Express has 35 kids listed. That's a lot of kids sitting on the bench.

Teams are playing their best lacrosse, Express looked really good this past weekend. 1 loss in this tournament might not mean anything. hard to see teams going undefeated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh my, didn't Express loose to API who couldn't even make semi's in HOCO? And to make the comment that there the 25 man roster was the issue why they left one of the best FOGOs in the country at home makes no sense, the answer is age idiot! I just love watching the constant excuses with no merit. I sure wish everyone had to put their name to their comments, then I am sure that the whining and complaining about 1 to 5 month age difference would stop. You should be pleased that your son is playing against the best competition! I can't wait until 1-year when age based is a reality, what is daddy's excuses then? I guess there will be another excuse why he ends up being a 3 year JV player! Helicopter dads, so sad! This coming from a dad with a kid that has played up for year and now within the age limit...just enjoy that we are seeing the best competition in the world between NY and MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the Express Forum disappear to? Are they banished with 90+1?

I couldn't find it either!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That fogo is a player always on our team Denver or aa tourneys.
Express at the end were the champs. I'm just curious what great team didn't go to the joke of a tournament in Denver bc any top true 2022 team was there or atleast tried to qualify maybe ur kid was cut from the 24 count roster that was only to be brought! This was an adventure of a life time and a memory that will never be forgotten or replaced by bitter dads who son didn't make the Denver teams.
Get over it already
LI EXPRESS WON THE FINALS NOW MOVE ON TO SOME OTHER TOPIC OF FIGHTING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could be a lot of kids sitting on the bench but if the parents continue to pay thennits there fault also..... can't blame anyone but who Evers involved so since ur not involved what do u care? Really get a life as long as ur child is happy where he plays who's business is anyone else's choice to you. Grow up already and stop being jealous.
Personally if my boy wasn't getting time in I would never pay top dollar just to practice. I would have him rethink his goals or train harder with a lax trainer. Then try again to be part of a team and not a bench warmer. I can't imagine that boys enjoy sitting through a game like donkeys while most others are playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough about Express already. Lets talk about the 9d1 and Igloo experiment? How did that turn out for them? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could be a lot of kids sitting on the bench but if the parents continue to pay thennits there fault also..... can't blame anyone but who Evers involved so since ur not involved what do u care? Really get a life as long as ur child is happy where he plays who's business is anyone else's choice to you. Grow up already and stop being jealous.
Personally if my boy wasn't getting time in I would never pay top dollar just to practice. I would have him rethink his goals or train harder with a lax trainer. Then try again to be part of a team and not a bench warmer. I can't imagine that boys enjoy sitting through a game like donkeys while most others are playing

They are attempting to launch a 2nd A team for the kids that don't play and a mix of others from the outside. Makes sense after seeing what Igloo has been able to do with 2 teams and what 9! had with United and Smash. There is a lot of kids that can play at this age level.

Page 66 of 78 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard