BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 102 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Express loses to Laxachusetts and Igloo loses to 2 teams that it supposed to beat!!! The Times the are a changing! Sounds to me like these daddy coaches are picking kids with their heart and not there brain.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to Outlaws and Legacy at Lax Clash?
Legacy's BM making no improvements. Congrats AJ for delivering. We appreciate your coaching.
Outlaws should drop down to the B bracket where they belong. It looks like the team has gotten worse and worse every year we play them.

Express beat Laxachusetts?

The team has gotten worse and worse every time "WE" play them? Another peckerhead living vicariously through his son.
Classic. Ex picked on in school, non athlete, still picking on kids. Grow up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the sixth graders that played the lax black held their own playing against the "men"

ALL I am going to say is that lacrosse needs to go to age not year of graduation. Not complaining but the men that were playing on the 2023 laxblack team should feel good that they won the t-shirt and beat 11 and 12 year olds. Someone is going to get hurt!. The cross check that lifted the logo up by his neck was disgraceful........ Keep telling yourself that your son just finished 6th grade

Did the 6th graders who could/should be in 7th grade also hold their own? I love how Express seems to conveniently omit from any conversation about age, holdbacks,grade, etc. that there are several kids on that team that could/should be graduating in 2022. I guess it's ok though since their size doesn't give them away. The hypocrisy is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to AJ for what? They lost again. AGAIN!! They have the talent to beat every team they play but they can't
Make it happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to Outlaws and Legacy at Lax Clash?
Legacy's BM making no improvements. Congrats AJ for delivering. We appreciate your coaching.
Outlaws should drop down to the B bracket where they belong. It looks like the team has gotten worse and worse every year we play them.

Express beat Laxachusetts?

LAX Black 12. Express 11. Great game by two good teams. No excuses.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express came back to the pack and Igloo who has avoided any competition this year is done!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Express loses to Laxachusetts and Igloo loses to 2 teams that it supposed to beat!!! The Times the are a changing! Sounds to me like these daddy coaches are picking kids with their heart and not there brain.

Daddy coaches kid is the worst one on the team in arctic north.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws beat Laxachusetts Yellow in a shortened game.

Lost to express north and Shore 2 Shore in games that were closer than the score.

Hung with express AJ 5-3 at half, wheels fell off in second half. Just lack the depth to compete for a full game, but they are doing a great job.

Beat up on Legacy in the last game, think they are starting to make strides with a mostly new team. If they are able to add a few pieces next season they will compete with all.

We are new to the team this year, and absolutely can not be happier with the coaching my son is receiving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't anybody appreciate the great lacrosse these kids are playing? It seems like the only topics you read about on this site are complaints about : holdbacks, who is an A , B , or C team, rigged schedules, poor officiating, bad weather , no parking etc. How about some positive posting for these hard working kids who are busting their asses. All the complaining is getting nauseating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws will always play A/ Winning in a B bracket does not get kids better
Went 2-3 But should have beat express North
Actually word is some very good players from express and others looking to come over to skull and bones
Great group of kids and parents, UNLIKE Last year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the sixth graders that played the lax black held their own playing against the "men"

ALL I am going to say is that lacrosse needs to go to age not year of graduation. Not complaining but the men that were playing on the 2023 laxblack team should feel good that they won the t-shirt and beat 11 and 12 year olds. Someone is going to get hurt!. The cross check that lifted the logo up by his neck was disgraceful........ Keep telling yourself that your son just finished 6th grade

Did the 6th graders who could/should be in 7th grade also hold their own? I love how Express seems to conveniently omit from any conversation about age, holdbacks,grade, etc. that there are several kids on that team that could/should be graduating in 2022. I guess it's ok though since their size doesn't give them away. The hypocrisy is a joke.

Every team has hold backs. Move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws will always play A/ Winning in a B bracket does not get kids better
Went 2-3 But should have beat express North
Actually word is some very good players from express and others looking to come over to skull and bones
Great group of kids and parents, UNLIKE Last year

I agree 100%…Outlaws have made great improvement since the fall. Coach is awesome and the kids and parents think he's great. Kids are a great bunch of boys that ALL get along and don't leave anyone out of their little groups. The only way is up for these kids and they all get to play. Try picking on someone your own out of shape beer belly size!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. If it weren't hold-backs I'm sure there would be a whole list of other excuses why some teams under perform. Accept the fact that it is grade based. The kids don't care , they just want to play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to see your son playing against kids the size of the crossbar

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Every team has them, including the ones that blame their losses on the fact that the team they lost to has hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's June 2017, let's leave last year in the past where it belongs. Good luck rest of the way. Glad to hear boys are having fun and getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three Village lost in finals but that is one impressive town team.Play as a team and is well coached. Ball movement and hustle. Pretty impressive for 6 Th graders. No superstars but they don't need one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't anybody appreciate the great lacrosse these kids are playing? It seems like the only topics you read about on this site are complaints about : holdbacks, who is an A , B , or C team, rigged schedules, poor officiating, bad weather , no parking etc. How about some positive posting for these hard working kids who are busting their asses. All the complaining is getting nauseating.

My son's team played in NJ trilogy rider tournament this weekend. The kids had fun playing, played as a team and won, the weather was great, and the rest of us had a blast at the hotel last night at the pool. I have to thank coach for going out of his way to make sure everyone was in the same hotel for the tournament. Something my son's previous team that cost 3x as much to play for couldn't be concerned with. We are happy with the team, parents, and coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen. I watched many amazing games between KIDS that played great. Enough with the bs and give all of these kids credit for playing hard and playing well!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Every team has them, including the ones that blame their losses on the fact that the team they lost to has hold backs.

Not an Express parent but have to say Laxachusetts is beyond holdbacks. Had to be 2-3x's hold back. Size difference stupid obvious. Most of those boys are 15 easily. Give credit to any team that can give them a game. They make Long Island holdbacks look small.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to AJ for what? They lost again. AGAIN!! They have the talent to beat every team they play but they can't
Make it happen.

Make it happen.

They lost to Lax Black by 1 goal in final minutes of game. That's impressive game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Birth year would change the entire landscape of travel lacrosse. Which is why it will never happen. The cheater teams would all fall apart. Which means the top clubs will fall. Not going to happen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to see your son playing against kids the size of the crossbar

So you're only opposed to your kid playing older kids if those kids are bigger than yours. If the kids are equal in size or smaller you have no issue with their age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Black is playing with the same team all year. AJ on the other hand grabs a 2022 attack player from Channys team. C'mon Express, play it straight. Stack the deck to make up for AJs poor coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo.....AJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 bandits 17-3 in the finals at trilogy, congrats to the kids but the club owners should do a better job of finding them competition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic....the Chosen One moved from Taz to 2023 PrimeTime. They will soon be the top team in the grade...follow the skipping Stone. Haha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sigh ... each time the topic of holdbacks comes up, one of the main arguments is that some older kid is going to seriously hurt a properly aged kid. And, by golly, then we'll be forced to change things. Please.

For injuries and insurance, etc. It is just wrong to pretend your kid or his teammate or your player should be competing against 11 years olds when he is 13 or 14 in a bracket intended for younger boys. Gaming a system by holding back a child to have an advantage keeps being justified (usually under the knucklehead argument "in high school you have to get used to playing older boys, so this is just helping you prep for that reality, you're welcome"). People gaming systems to gain an advantage over others who abide guidelines should be frowned upon. The players know a hulking holdback when they encounter one and it depresses them to lose to one.

As for the case of Laxblack who pushes a whole system of holdback players and uses 7th graders against 6th graders with the theory they intend to be held back between now and the year 2023, it's just next level wrong. Or, in lax speak, "elite" wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New topic....the Chosen One moved from Taz to 2023 PrimeTime. They will soon be the top team in the grade...follow the skipping Stone. Haha!

Who cares, get a life! back to old topic- parents with no balls!!!! For every parent who has sat back quietly and allowed coaches to manipulate your kids team roster at your child's expense just so you can win a game or tournament, go apologize to your child for being a pathetic loser...and for anyone who actually gives a s**t about tracking the movement of the chosen one, also go apologize to your kid!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a loss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that you have bashed 91 & Express - here is a thought - maybe next year they should pass on the NLF tournament & play in the prestigious Andy Forsberg tournament & play in the four team pool against the likes of NJ Riot & NJ Riot North

Why not 90+1 just played in the Trilogy tournament, there was better competition in Forsberg. 90+1 and all you other so called Top 5 teams your pedestal is no so high anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record my sons team has not one holdback they are all 12 or 11 turning 12 this year which is the proper age for 2023, so its not every team out there. More then likely the person making that remark is either 90+1 or Express because they think they are the only ones out there. You guys keep telling yourselves holdbacks are ok and keep winning those t-shirts there great stories to tell your buddies at work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome lacrosse - Laxachusetts Black, PrimeTime and Express had some terrific games and battled their butts off - the boys should be proud of themselves!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sigh ... each time the topic of holdbacks comes up, one of the main arguments is that some older kid is going to seriously hurt a properly aged kid. And, by golly, then we'll be forced to change things. Please.

For injuries and insurance, etc. It is just wrong to pretend your kid or his teammate or your player should be competing against 11 years olds when he is 13 or 14 in a bracket intended for younger boys. Gaming a system by holding back a child to have an advantage keeps being justified (usually under the knucklehead argument "in high school you have to get used to playing older boys, so this is just helping you prep for that reality, you're welcome"). People gaming systems to gain an advantage over others who abide guidelines should be frowned upon. The players know a hulking holdback when they encounter one and it depresses them to lose to one.

As for the case of Laxblack who pushes a whole system of holdback players and uses 7th graders against 6th graders with the theory they intend to be held back between now and the year 2023, it's just next level wrong. Or, in lax speak, "elite" wrong.

Laxachusetts has Always done this. This system is beyond broke watching yesterday makes it very clear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 bandits 17-3 in the finals at trilogy, congrats to the kids but the club owners should do a better job of finding them competition

Not the club. It's all JS. There is something about this tournament that keeps him bringing his teams there. He tells everyone it's a good tournament. Has to be a reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record my sons team has not one holdback they are all 12 or 11 turning 12 this year which is the proper age for 2023, so its not every team out there. More then likely the person making that remark is either 90+1 or Express because they think they are the only ones out there. You guys keep telling yourselves holdbacks are ok and keep winning those t-shirts there great stories to tell your buddies at work.

You're incorrect. Your team definitely has hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome lacrosse - Laxachusetts Black, PrimeTime and Express had some terrific games and battled their butts off - the boys should be proud of themselves!

Couldn't agree with you more. So great games between the three. Great day of lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for correcting me your right we do (Moron).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the club. It's all JS. There is something about this tournament that keeps him bringing his teams there. He tells everyone it's a good tournament. Has to be a reason.

Usually, JS has them play in the 2022 bracket in that tournament (with the May 2003 birthday kid who usually plays up . . .) and you guys p*ss and moan when they win that they shouldn't use junior and they should play on grade - now they play in the 2023 bracket and blow out everyone and you're not happy. You should be happy they weren't at Lax Clash so you had a shot to win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're incorrect. Your team definitely has hold backs.

How about this - why not have LAX Tourneys based on height & weight ? Instead of A & B brackets you could have Big Guy & Little Guy brackets since hold backs is not the real issue but size seems to be the real concern. Don't forget there are also some big age appropriate kids .

Page 81 of 102 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard