BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 102 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LI Laxfest coming up seems like some pretty good teams involved. Anyone know where Central Kings are from?

You're on the internet already, and Google is your friend - they show up as the first result if you searched "Central Kings lacrosse". Why would you take the time to post here waiting for an answer???! SMH

(And "no", even now I will not post the answer for you!)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If schools went just by the birth year of a kid there would be no problems.

2004- 7th Grade
2005- 6th Grade
2006- 5th Grade

if you were born in that year you have to play with that grade that's it, then you wont have to worry about a kid 5'10 180lbs playing in a 12yr old Lax tournament.

Why not just ignore what the schools do, and just have the kids play with their birth year, like most other organized team sports. 2005s vs 2005s. 2006s vs 2006s and so on. All backed up by birth certificates and official rosters submitted to USA Lacrosse.

Moreover, even if a kid is a holdback, NY kids grade on grade are younger than most states because NY uses a younger calendar year for school. A summer 2005 birthday, for instance, in many other states would be a 5th grader now (finishing up the school year). In NY they are almost always 6th graders. Thus, without holding back, NY teams will be younger on the average. The holdback thing just makes it worse.

I have yet to hear a rational argument in support of the use of a kid's grade to determine against whom he competes in youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blank on purpose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Laxfest coming up seems like some pretty good teams involved. Anyone know where Central Kings are from?

Pretty sure that's the Latin Kings. They're aggressive and dangerous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talking to parents from Bethesda their kids are all 13 turning 14. They were no where near the size of Crabs. It is what it is. Not an age based tournament so you are within the technical rules,

Ethically it is all wrong. Don't pump your fist and cheer when your son's beat a team of 11/12 year olds that are a foot shorter.

If our Long Island 2023 kids played in a 2025 division we would dominate too!

Long Island parents show their true colors on here... Grasping and stretching the truth to feel good about getting whooped....You guys run your mouths on this site and on the field claiming your teams are all world and the "best in the country"..... Then when you loose you claim that opponents cheat or they are all 2 years older... [lacrosse] off with your lies....ridiculous bunch of trash talkers... It's NLF lacrosse and it's a partnership of some of the best lacrosse clubs around. If any club would be out their jeopardizing those relationships and cheating to make their club better that partnership would most likely end for offending clubs...No one cheated or did anything unethical... you just lost to a better team so get over it....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Google is your friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I overheard the same conversation from Bethesda parents. We were watching Crabs/Warriors along side them as we were playing them next.on that field and both groups of parents were commenting that the size differential between Crabs and Warriors was ridiculous. Bethesda parent said their team is mostly 12-13 yr olds and go to school with some of the Crabs and who are NOT 6th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for a fact many of the crabs are "going to be 2023" but many are not yet going through 7th grade year. That's the problem w this no documentation required. My son is a 2022 and goes to school with a few of these boys so I am speaking in the know

School ended Friday for most of whom you would be referring. It's enrollment for upcoming school year, not what school year you just finished.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I overheard the same conversation from Bethesda parents. We were watching Crabs/Warriors along side them as we were playing them next.on that field and both groups of parents were commenting that the size differential between Crabs and Warriors was ridiculous. Bethesda parent said their team is mostly 12-13 yr olds and go to school with some of the Crabs and who are NOT 6th graders.

12-13 is normal in both of those areas for that grade. This is old news, not even news, just an old fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The birth year cut off works for hockey...however for lacrosse we should stick with Sept 1st cut off date...if all sports go to birth year than the November/December kids get stewed in every sport...and yes my kid is December born...I've heard baseball is also going to birth year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2004- 7th Grade
2005- 6th Grade
2006- 5th Grade

if you were born in that year you have to play with that grade that's it, then you wont have to worry about a kid 5'10 180lbs playing in a 12yr old Lax tournament.

Why not just ignore what the schools do, and just have the kids play with their birth year, like most other organized team sports. 2005s vs 2005s. 2006s vs 2006s and so on. All backed up by birth certificates and official rosters submitted to USA Lacrosse.

Moreover, even if a kid is a holdback, NY kids grade on grade are younger than most states because NY uses a younger calendar year for school. A summer 2005 birthday, for instance, in many other states would be a 5th grader now (finishing up the school year). In NY they are almost always 6th graders. Thus, without holding back, NY teams will be younger on the average. The holdback thing just makes it worse.

I have yet to hear a rational argument in support of the use of a kid's grade to determine against whom he competes in youth sports.

Money. Growth of youth lacrosse doubled last year, beating all previous years of growth. Has been fastest growing youth sport for over two decades, but last year doubled for the first time in a single year. The market agrees with the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, you did not overhear any such thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One ref approached my kid at halftime of their game vs Laxa this weekend at NLF and said, "Don't worry son, half of the Laxachussetts team is in 8th grade." I'm personally aware of 2 Laxa kids that are 14. Lacrosse world....please go to age-based teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's grade based, correct? Why does age matter? Because kids are born 9/2003, that's 2022 for most states. Amd if it's 7 or 8/2003 and a parent holds a kid, so what. It's common for parents to do this for a lot reasons and most are not for sports. Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and Laxachusetts are a year to two years older this remains a major factor till 9th grade. Then it evens out when kids of age actually hit puberty at the right time. Same time as a 6th grader that is supposed to be 8th

It's a shame because it ruins the confidence of the kids that lose to them, meanwhile they're two years older BUT it will only make the Long Island boys better AND there were a couple of 6th grade teams that gave those 8th graders a run for their money. That says something about their true ability.

2 years older? Whatever makes you feel better....The biggest kid on the Crabs team is 11..You people are hilarious..

Wrong! 11? ha! I coached some of these boys a few years back. That roster is definitely 12 and up only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2004- 7th Grade
2005- 6th Grade
2006- 5th Grade

Money. Growth of youth lacrosse doubled last year, beating all previous years of growth. Has been fastest growing youth sport for over two decades, but last year doubled for the first time in a single year. The market agrees with the system.

One has nothing to do with the other!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bethesda has 3 kids that are 13 already. everyone else is 11/12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's grade based, correct? Why does age matter? Because kids are born 9/2003, that's 2022 for most states. Amd if it's 7 or 8/2003 and a parent holds a kid, so what. It's common for parents to do this for a lot reasons and most are not for sports. Get over it.

One could post whole links to slews of studies that speak to the differences in youth athletics for even just a difference in 6 months for pre-HS SAs (and no one really disputes these studies!), But, no, continue to push the argument that none of it matters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are delusional if you think a kid born in 2003 doesn't have an advantage over a kid born on 2005. You people are cheating to win a T-shirt, great job...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2004- 7th Grade
2005- 6th Grade
2006- 5th Grade

I agree with this crazy thing is how do the parents who send these men into these games against little boys actually cheer and feel good about it. "O'doyle rules!!"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Laxachustts group is older as well but they are honest and talk about how the model up north with prep schools dictates this type of thing the Maryland crew does it but denies it. There are boys on the crabs team that actually just finished 7th grade which is 2022 but are "intending" on reclassing so they aren't 2023 yet . Which is cheating how do I know this my son goes to same school and is a true 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The birth year cut off works for hockey...however for lacrosse we should stick with Sept 1st cut off date...if all sports go to birth year than the November/December kids get stewed in every sport...and yes my kid is December born...I've heard baseball is also going to birth year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me start by saying I have an actual 2023 and we live in Maryland. I can tell you parents are approached by a certain club down here about certain posssibilities that could be available if there not was a 2024. Based on that and knowing many of these families this crab team is much closer to a 2022 team than a 2023. One thing I will say is that while most and ill say most of the team is older one of the bigger boys is an actual 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's commonly known the laxachusetts coaches tell their players to play in the year they "anticipate" they will go to college and not so much the grade they are currently in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me start by saying I have an actual 2023 and we live in Maryland. I can tell you parents are approached by a certain club down here about certain posssibilities that could be available if there not was a 2024. Based on that and knowing many of these families this crab team is much closer to a 2022 team than a 2023. One thing I will say is that while most and ill say most of the team is older one of the bigger boys is an actual 2023

Well that's that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2004- 7th Grade
2005- 6th Grade
2006- 5th Grade

I agree with this crazy thing is how do the parents who send these men into these games against little boys actually cheer and feel good about it. "O'doyle rules!!"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is 6th grade lacrosse lolol. Came on here to find age appropriate camps and read some of this embarrassing fodder

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want your kid to get better at lacrosse, drop them off at practice, let the coaches do the work, and never ever let them hear you whine about a kid a year older. There is no place ahead in life for that argument, so don't teach it to them now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want your kid to get better at lacrosse, drop them off at practice, let the coaches do the work, and never ever let them hear you whine about a kid a year older. There is no place ahead in life for that argument, so don't teach it to them now.

O'Doyle Rules!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No reason. Game was a fluke. They play 20 times, Express wins one of them. Just a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No reason. Game was a fluke. They play 20 times, Express wins one of them. Just a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blank on purpose

Last edited by Larry Miller; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Practice doesn't add size and years. Kids should play their age!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Practice doesn't add size and years. Kids should play their age!

How is your whining working out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
interesting there has been no response from Bandit parents from this post yesterday - guess truth is sinking in. Much more diversity in the game now then even just a few years ago and non traditional lax geographies like CA, FL & TX are starting to take the spots on those D1 rosters. Like poster said yesterday, elite athletes will always win out over the long run. Hey, on the bright side, as long as you live close to JS, play football for him, kiss his butt and allow him to build a team around his sons, there will always be a spot for you to line his pockets. Remember, don't speak up and never ask questions......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blank on purpose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
interesting there has been no response from Bandit parents from this post yesterday - guess truth is sinking in. Much more diversity in the game now then even just a few years ago and non traditional lax geographies like CA, FL & TX are starting to take the spots on those D1 rosters. Like poster said yesterday, elite athletes will always win out over the long run. Hey, on the bright side, as long as you live close to JS, play football for him, kiss his butt and allow him to build a team around his sons, there will always be a spot for you to line his pockets. Remember, don't speak up and never ask questions......

I'm glad the bandits lost but why does there have to be a response. They lost a game If they came on here crying you would be unleashing about that (serg) They are all in 6th grade and it is travel lacrosse virtually every team loses throughout the summer. Man oh man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm glad the bandits lost but why does there have to be a response. They lost a game If they came on here crying you would be unleashing about that (serg) They are all in 6th grade and it is travel lacrosse virtually every team loses throughout the summer. Man oh man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're on the internet already, and Google is your friend - they show up as the first result if you searched "Central Kings lacrosse". Why would you take the time to post here waiting for an answer???! SMH

(And "no", even now I will not post the answer for you!)[/quote]

Anything on these guys is it a club or a throw together team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(And "no", even now I will not post the answer for you!)

Anything on these guys is it a club or a throw together team

Again, Google is your friend - their website would pretty much answer your questions, but you want someone else to go do the legwork for you and spoon feed you info . . .

(And, "yes", I looked at their website, and there more than enough info there to figure out what they are.)

Page 73 of 102 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard