BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,300
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 102 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't the positive reinforcement take place with a guy who knows what he's teaching? Seriously, can I teach kid who has been swimming for 5 years at high levels how to swim if I've never put my toe in the water? Would you pay a swim coach who drowns when he hits the pool? simulated swimming from outside the pool with a shirt and a whistle doesn't make you qualified to instruct the swimmers. A coach who can't perform a split dodge shouldn't be teaching spilt dodges. A coach who screams not to take a ground ball, obviously never had to pick up a ground ball with a large defender directly in front of him. Problem is, parents copy what the ding bat is saying and the kid pays the price 10 fold from the chirping parents and the ding bat coach - all who haven't a clue and have never done it themselves and couldn't perform it for a million bucks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's a question I want answered by all the daddy coaches: why, when there's a ton of former players here on Long Island, do self proclaimed experts with no lacrosse experience at all - not one second of experience as a child or adult, not one practice, not one game, no ability to perform the skills they expect from their players, not a second of college training - absolutely nothing to reference... how do we put up with these men as our children's coaches? Think about a 6th grader, playing travel and PAL. That child has hundreds of games, thousands of hours playing, training, just messing around with his stick. He's been in game situations. He knows you can't "scoop through" every ground ball. He knows you have to put one hand on the stick when appropriate, etc... then he is screamed at by some plumbe's helper whose claim to fame is that he watched lacrosse from a sideline. Ever have your legs full of acid, or the wind knocked out of you while a ding bat is screaming, "wheels!!" And expecting you to run the ball up? This is why there is such a drop off with talent here on Long Island. We have coaches with real life experience, then we have Carvel workers who know nothing and claim up the head coach position from kindergarten and then the kids and parents are stuck with that moron until that kid ages out of youth sports. He never had a chance.

I can answer that for you. It's because dads like you have no interest in coaching kids when they are 5 and 6 years old. You lack the patience and ability to complete the task. You're not intelligent enough to realize that a young child needs more than a stick and a ball. You're not wise enough to develop a practice plan for each day (because you can't coach 20-25 5 and 6 year old children, whose parents drop and go, without a fully thought-out and developed plan). You're too foolish to realize that at the early stages of youth sports, its not about winning, but rather about developing the team first and player second. You're too selfish to devote all of the necessary time it takes, on and off the field, to reach a predetermined goal or level of success. You're too weak to ignore your own child so that you can give more intensive instruction to a small boy who doesn't have a father to "have a catch" with him when he's not at practice.

You want to coach them when they are 12 and have all of the prerequisite/fundamental skills, because, quite frankly, coaching the little ones is a very challenging task. But, unfortunately for you, by then they're off to middle school sports. You want to jump in now and take over? Thanks, but no thanks, Dad. I've spent 6 years developing relationships with my players and their parents. I understand their strengths and weaknesses and I know how and when to motivate them and how to make them feel proud of the effort they put in. You just continue to sit on the sidelines and [lacrosse] and moan to everyone who will listen. My child will remember the good times we shared while I coached his team and his friends. Your child will more than likely remember his miserable dad bitching about how this PAL program is a waste of time.

For the record, I've never played lacrosse, but I've played other sports at a high level. I know about good coaching and poor coaching because I've experienced both. I've seen how a coach can be a positive role model in a child's life. I've also seen how easily a coach can ruin a child's self esteem and drive him or her from sports prematurely.

So why don't you do yourself, and everyone else on the sidelines, a big favor. Go over to his coaches and shake their hand and say thank you. And while you're at it, apologize to them for talking so much trash since your boy was in kindergarten.

This reply is so spot on!!! Thank you!!! My sons coach has never played lacrosse a day in his life and is the best coach he has ever had, on any sport. He gets the kids. He lets them play and also have fun. They all respond so well to him because he genuinely cares about them. Any former lacrosse player can tell plays from the sidelines with a coaching t shirt on, its the one who make the kids love the game, that are real coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why can't the positive reinforcement take place with a guy who knows what he's teaching? Seriously, can I teach kid who has been swimming for 5 years at high levels how to swim if I've never put my toe in the water? Would you pay a swim coach who drowns when he hits the pool? simulated swimming from outside the pool with a shirt and a whistle doesn't make you qualified to instruct the swimmers. A coach who can't perform a split dodge shouldn't be teaching spilt dodges. A coach who screams not to take a ground ball, obviously never had to pick up a ground ball with a large defender directly in front of him. Problem is, parents copy what the ding bat is saying and the kid pays the price 10 fold from the chirping parents and the ding bat coach - all who haven't a clue and have never done it themselves and couldn't perform it for a million bucks

Listen, I get what you're saying. And in a perfect world, skilled former players would be coaching all of our kids. But unfortunately, in most cases, those guys don't want to be bothered coaching a bunch of little kids whose shoes still need tying and noses need wiping. That's when you get guys like me. I know that there are limitations to how much I can teach these boys, and to be honest, I've just about reached that point. However, I immerse myself completely into it and learn everything I can. I talk to former players, watch as much as I can, and go to coaching clinics. I've had a stick in my hands now for over 10 years and even joined a men's league two years ago. I can teach you just about every dodge because I've learned them and practiced on my older guys. I get my hands dirty every practice. Am I the best coach out there? Of course not. But if no one else is going to step up, then sometimes a guy like me is not a terrible option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen, I get what you're saying. And in a perfect world, skilled former players would be coaching all of our kids. But unfortunately, in most cases, those guys don't want to be bothered coaching a bunch of little kids whose shoes still need tying and noses need wiping. That's when you get guys like me. I know that there are limitations to how much I can teach these boys, and to be honest, I've just about reached that point. However, I immerse myself completely into it and learn everything I can. I talk to former players, watch as much as I can, and go to coaching clinics. I've had a stick in my hands now for over 10 years and even joined a men's league two years ago. I can teach you just about every dodge because I've learned them and practiced on my older guys. I get my hands dirty every practice. Am I the best coach out there? Of course not. But if no one else is going to step up, then sometimes a guy like me is not a terrible option.

Great points. Its a shame how ungrateful some of these parents are towards dad coaches. Its a thankless gig. If the kid is learning and having fun, the coach's past lax experience is irrelevant. I hope your team parents appreciate what you do. I know we certainly appreciate our coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why can't the positive reinforcement take place with a guy who knows what he's teaching? Seriously, can I teach kid who has been swimming for 5 years at high levels how to swim if I've never put my toe in the water? Would you pay a swim coach who drowns when he hits the pool? simulated swimming from outside the pool with a shirt and a whistle doesn't make you qualified to instruct the swimmers. A coach who can't perform a split dodge shouldn't be teaching spilt dodges. A coach who screams not to take a ground ball, obviously never had to pick up a ground ball with a large defender directly in front of him. Problem is, parents copy what the ding bat is saying and the kid pays the price 10 fold from the chirping parents and the ding bat coach - all who haven't a clue and have never done it themselves and couldn't perform it for a million bucks

[/quot
I can't believe this poor guy who has good intentions and appears dedicated to coaching is still getting creamed because he didn't grow up with a stick in his hand. What the [lacrosse] do you want for your $200 pal pricetag? Professional or hand picked coaches? What you get in reality is a bunch of Sunday games and weekly practices run by volunteer coaches, that's it. Not all coaches are good or deserve to be instructing our kids. If your kid has one of those coaches and as a parent you don't step up to do something about it than shame on you. If you want to put all your eggs into the pal basket than that's your choice. If that's not enough for your future d1 player than play him on a club team or utilize the many camps, clinics, and private coaches available to supplement what he's getting. There are plenty of options in the world of long island lacrosse...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U guys should google mike daly coach for brown u. Hey coached tufts to 3 d3 titles. Never played lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's less about the good coach that you're describing and more about the bad apples. The ones who hijack the position from the get go and hold it the whole time your child is a child. It's like whoever claims the position first wins and that is what most parents want changed. And usually it's a guy with no experience. PAL and travel lacrosse included. How may Daddy coaches assisting travel lax to guarantee a spot on the field for their sons? I get that and accept it. But when the daddy coach regurgitates false information at the top of his lungs to your child and you child is forced to comply - knowing that the instructions ar incorrect - then you confuse the child and make them want to quit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U guys should google mike daly coach for brown u. Hey coached tufts to 3 d3 titles. Never played lacrosse

Granted. But where did the skills come from? It came from their childhood.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Tufts assistants played. So you can't compare. Parent coaches are great except those who do it so all plays are run through his kid or his kid plays too much or starts when he should not. This happens far too many times. Otherwise parent coaches are more dedicated. I would take a parent coach who played over anyone else but would not want one who never played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using this logic, we should have teachers who can't speak Chinese- teaching Chinese to Chinese speaking children. Makes sense

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using this logic, we should have teachers who can't speak Chinese- teaching Chinese to Chinese speaking children. Makes sense

Kind of a stretch. Lax is not important in the grand scheme. Language skills are paramount.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're listed on BOC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Checking to see if Channy and Weizorick have ineligible players in this grade also. lol. Total idiots. They can never ever do anything that is not corrupt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened tonight at the Igloo S2S scrimmage?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blatant Spring Jam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played lacrosse. Probably got better. Kids most likely enjoyed themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played lacrosse. Probably got better. Kids most likely enjoyed themselves.

don't waste our time with your squabble. Nobody knows what you are referencing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pandarembhz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG will crush everyone in 2023 north at blatant tomorrow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG will be embarrassed by Igloo A and Tornadoes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo will score a minimum of 10 goals against each team in this division]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's BM time tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo, yes. Tornadoes, unlikely. They will probably beat Outlaws, too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's BM time tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well good luck with the bowel movement tomorrow! Sounds special

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG sucks...Igloo is the best team ever assembled...Tornadoes are ridiculously good...Outlaws are better than most think, Igloo should destroy them all...or not...THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

embarrassed is a stretch there big guy. will be good, close games all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Igloo is going to light them up. A decent town team with a few extra mediocre Empire kids is not going to beat anyone. Tornadoes game might be close, but that's the only one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People have short memories. Syag beat the tornados just 7 months ago in the fall blatant tournament. No reason they can't do it again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Igloo is going to light them up. A decent town team with a few extra mediocre Empire kids is not going to beat anyone. Tornadoes game might be close, but that's the only one.

I heard this is BM's time to shine. All winter and spring to develop the best team on LI. We'll see. I know my kid is fired up to beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People have short memories. Syag beat the tornados just 7 months ago in the fall blatant tournament. No reason they can't do it again!

Crappy weather is the great equalizer. It will make the better team look worse than the mediocre teams. A team that normally doesnt make mistakes will make them. The team that usually makes mistakes will still make them, but they won't make a tremendous difference. Look for Legs to dominate at the X and control possession. They'll win by 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to everyone playing tomorrow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws playing 2023 and 2022 on sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard this is BM's time to shine. All winter and spring to develop the best team on LI. We'll see. I know my kid is fired up to beat them.

Time to shine? You mean time to scream? That dude is just too loud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses excuses. Both teams had to play in the same conditions .
Legacy will be lucky to score 3 goals. Never mind win by 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crappy weather is the great equalizer. It will make the better team look worse than the mediocre teams. A team that normally doesnt make mistakes will make them. The team that usually makes mistakes will still make them, but they won't make a tremendous difference. Look for Legs to dominate at the X and control possession. They'll win by 3

That might be the most moronic theory I've ever heard. So the bad weather only effected the supposed "better" team? Come on. Just stop with the bs. I expect and hope the syag team wipes up the tornadoes. For the simple fact to shut everyone up. Its annoying already. Everyone (well except you) loves to see an underdog win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is 12 months with BM at the helm.....the improvement in the tornado's will be noticeable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is 12 months with BM at the helm.....the improvement in the tornado's will be noticeable!

Really? this must be a joke!!! The team has improved but BM has nothing to do with it! His 30% attendance record at practice speaks volumes of who he really is. This team has been lead by 2 dedicated coaches for the past several years and they will continue to do so after BM moves on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crickets on here from the tornadoes and outlaws tonight. Interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be from SYAG! Remember you lost twice yesterday you LOOOOZER!

Page 63 of 102 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard