BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 102 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what the Outlaws do over the winter?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not sure. I assume each team is different, but I know they offer clinics throughout the winter that may be option/strongly encouraged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practice 1x per week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practice 1x per week

Half field. It sucks. Heard the other team plays in a league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on team and what the parents request from coach or they organize on their own. Outlaws don't practice in winter otherwise.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ski

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the looks at how they usually play come Spring, I can tell you what they don't do over the winter: PRACTICE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all this talk about Dicks; made me wonder how the Express Directors are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the looks at how they usually play come Spring, I can tell you what they don't do over the winter: PRACTICE

Depends on team and what the parents request from coach or they organize on their own. Outlaws don't practice in winter otherwise.

B club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The second team plays in a league and has indoor practices scheduled. Also they have played in Santa jam at Hub. Team has been busy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The second team plays in a league and has indoor practices scheduled. Also they have played in Santa jam at Hub. Team has been busy.

I head coach is great. It's good that they're playing a lot. I heard their first team lost a ton of players. My older son's team was a second team that the club didn't care about and after a few years they were better than their A team. Keep it going boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Coach is great. He is focused on making our boys better which he has done a great job already. He donates his time all winter no questions asked. We couldn't be happier playing for the Outlaws and for the coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a lacrosse sleepaway experience for my rising 7th grader-- any suggestions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B club

B club wanna be. They are a C club because PB is a total jerk. He is a D owner and doesn't know how to speak to people. You don't get a mass exodus of kids if kids want to be there, believe me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B club

B club wanna be. They are a C club because PB is a total jerk. He is a D owner and doesn't know how to speak to people. You don't get a mass exodus of kids if kids want to be there, believe me.

Show me any club and I'll show you a line ten deep of parents willing to complain and badmouth that club, especially when those parents are given a forum in which to do so anonymously. Anything said on here has to be taken with a grain of salt. It's really disgusting that parents who act friendly to each other on sidelines, while their children play on the same team, will then run home and from behind the protection of their computer screens, badmouth and disparage those very same people. It's scary that this is the example we're setting for our kids. Not every club, coach, and team is a good fit for every kid, or parent, for that matter. Unfortunately, one size doesn't fit all. If you're happy where your kid is playing, stay where you are. If you're not, move on. Just because a team is not the right fit for you and your son, however, doesn't mean it's not the right fit for mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B club

Show me any club and I'll show you a line ten deep of parents willing to complain and badmouth that club, especially when those parents are given a forum in which to do so anonymously. Anything said on here has to be taken with a grain of salt. It's really disgusting that parents who act friendly to each other on sidelines, while their children play on the same team, will then run home and from behind the protection of their computer screens, badmouth and disparage those very same people. It's scary that this is the example we're setting for our kids. Not every club, coach, and team is a good fit for every kid, or parent, for that matter. Unfortunately, one size doesn't fit all. If you're happy where your kid is playing, stay where you are. If you're not, move on. Just because a team is not the right fit for you and your son, however, doesn't mean it's not the right fit for mine.

About as spot on as one can be. Regardless of club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B club

Isn't his son the coach of the team where everyone left? Don't know if it purely PB's fault alone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is just trying to stoke the fire in this age group. Make whatever comments you want but there is no dis-function on the Outlaws 2023 1st team. The coach is great and is a motivator. He is teaching the boys and there is real talent on the squad. Do they have the depth of some of other LI teams? Probably not and this may be why it will become more difficult to compete but the kids are encouraged and, in their minds, feel they can compete. At least for this team, put aside the past as it is old news which has been covered extensively in the fall. It's a different team and the head coach has been great. He is approachable and accessible. Kids have one team practice a week in the winter and can sign up for Outlaw or other clinics to supplement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B club

Isn't his son the coach of the team where everyone left? Don't know if it purely PB's fault alone.

That's why we left. Our new team has 3 coaches on the field at all times. Practices are 2 days per week. It works for us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B club

That's why we left. Our new team has 3 coaches on the field at all times. Practices are 2 days per week. It works for us.

Sounds like your kids new team is the berries! Keep your criticisms to yourself please. You may be better off spending more time playing catch with your kid or even brown nosing all 3 coaches on your kids new, super fabulous, wonder team, then commenting about 11-12 yr. old club lacrosse on the internet. Good luck. I am excited to meet you on the sidelines in the spring!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a ? For you..when your kid plays middle school sports next year, are you still going to be bragging about practicing 2 days a week? I really hope you are not going to have your kid specialize in lacrosse. It's a lot to do homework, play MS sports THEN go to travel team practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is just trying to stoke the fire in this age group. Make whatever comments you want but there is no dis-function on the Outlaws 2023 1st team. The coach is great and is a motivator. He is teaching the boys and there is real talent on the squad. Do they have the depth of some of other LI teams? Probably not and this may be why it will become more difficult to compete but the kids are encouraged and, in their minds, feel they can compete. At least for this team, put aside the past as it is old news which has been covered extensively in the fall. It's a different team and the head coach has been great. He is approachable and accessible. Kids have one team practice a week in the winter and can sign up for Outlaw or other clinics to supplement.

Don't sweat it. Some people are just bitter. There are lots of good teams. Maybe that guy's son is a player from one of the top 5 teams (Igloo, Express,Bandits, Warriors, S2S) but plays 10 minutes a game. Is that worth the $$, travel, etc..? Not to me. Id say it's best to find a team that your kid plays quality minutes. That's way more important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't sweat it. Some people are just bitter. There are lots of good teams. Maybe that guy's son is a player from one of the top 5 teams (Igloo, Express,Bandits, Warriors, S2S) but plays 10 minutes a game. Is that worth the $$, travel, etc..? Not to me. Id say it's best to find a team that your kid plays quality minutes. That's way more important.

Isn't it more about the quality coaching and learning how to play correctly than sending a kid out onto a field and say "go play"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Know the B team has been playing in a league and entered a few tournaments and has indoor practice time set up. We played them in Santa Jam and the parents and the team seem like a tight group. Most of the team is new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is on this team and I feel the exact same way. Has been nothing but a positive experience so far. He is happy with the team and coaching as am I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems these forums are really ranting sessions full of hate. Nothing useful whatsoever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you guys stop with the top teams this is 11-12 year old Lacrosse. My son is on a so called top 5 team and is a starter. A co-worker of mine son is on a so called B team and he is as good as my son probably better. Oh my god did a parent actually say another kid could be better then there own. Anyway stop harping on the top 5 teams, your kid is better then another kid, Who cares!!!!!! half of these kids may not even play as they get into HS. Like the prior poster stated there is nothing useful on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you guys stop with the top teams this is 11-12 year old Lacrosse. My son is on a so called top 5 team and is a starter. A co-worker of mine son is on a so called B team and he is as good as my son probably better. Oh my god did a parent actually say another kid could be better then there own. Anyway stop harping on the top 5 teams, your kid is better then another kid, Who cares!!!!!! half of these kids may not even play as they get into HS. Like the prior poster stated there is nothing useful on this thread.

I get a kick out of the politics behind how the kids get chosen for travel teams on the top club circuit. I've been in the scene with my boys for 10 years (one of them 2023). My 2023 son is better than his friends and he's on a "B" team because of his height, yet he makes the so called "A" players look silly when he blows past them. He has been overlooked because we don't play politics with the owners or coaches, and at previous tryouts the evaluators only look at height. My older son has become an amazing player with A+ grades. It'll be fun to watch him get recruited to a top lax school when he was always on a "B" club for most of his youth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
here's who cares about your superstar son.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Travel Lacrosse evaluators, Coaches and assistant coaches have passed on little Jimmy for a few years and yet " yet he makes the so called "A" players look silly when he blows past them."

And you are of the perception that its his height???

This could be the classic "B" team Dad seeing what no one else sees. Holy delusional. Keep plugging away. Nothing wrong with B teams but there is a reason why he gets passed over. His height???? C'mon Man!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Travel Lacrosse evaluators, Coaches and assistant coaches have passed on little Jimmy for a few years and yet " yet he makes the so called "A" players look silly when he blows past them."

This could be the classic "B" team Dad seeing what no one else sees. Holy delusional. Keep plugging away. Nothing wrong with B teams but there is a reason why he gets passed over. His height???? C'mon Man!!!

Would love to match him up against you and your son so he could not only make you look silly, but also kick you in the nuts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get a kick out of the politics behind how the kids get chosen for travel teams on the top club circuit. I've been in the scene with my boys for 10 years (one of them 2023). My 2023 son is better than his friends and he's on a "B" team because of his height, yet he makes the so called "A" players look silly when he blows past them. He has been overlooked because we don't play politics with the owners or coaches, and at previous tryouts the evaluators only look at height. My older son has become an amazing player with A+ grades. It'll be fun to watch him get recruited to a top lax school when he was always on a "B" club for most of his youth.

Is this BM again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is also short and he also blows past the bigger kids and makes them look stupid. He is very difficult to defend. He plays for a top club and get asked to play for others. I think the evaluators are probably looking at your height, not his. Either that or they don't want to hear your mouth. Start looking in the mirror, pal, that's likely why your kid plays where he does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is also short and he also blows past the bigger kids and makes them look stupid. He is very difficult to defend. He plays for a top club and get asked to play for others. I think the evaluators are probably looking at your height, not his. Either that or they don't want to hear your mouth. Start looking in the mirror, pal, that's likely why your kid plays where he does.

As an outsider looking in, this "A" dad sounds like a tool. He's gonna look ridiculous when the "B" kid takes his sons spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the b dad... short kid dual . A VS B.
If you can play lacrosse you will get noticed no matter what the dimensions.
No excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses.

"duel"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it when the 5'4" inch dad or 4'11" mom goes on about size not being an issue, its all talent etc. you may have convinced yourselves but in reality I hope that you realize you have a very "short" lax future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses.

You might actually be one of those sh*+ head owners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to match him up against you and your son so he could not only make you look silly, but also kick you in the nuts!

And its easy for him to get to the nuts because he is vertically challenged!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are we really now discussing an 11 year olds height? is this some sort of joke?
my son plays on one of the top clubs and 2 of the best players are the smallest kids on the team. They are quick, unpredictable, and like lil bugs that swarm and annoy the opponent.
Height has nothing to do with what club you make or play on.
That might the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here.

Page 43 of 102 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard