BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 102 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Express B has 28 players because nobody wants to go down to the Express C team.

This happened last year, and will happen again. Some boys went down on their own per request or were moved to the 2022 B team.

Now the 2022 A team had the same problem also. Too many parents connected to organization demanded their boys remain on that team, just to say they were on 2022 A, and had about 28 boys also.
A good number of the boys on the Express 2022 B were actually 2023.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bottom 5-6 kids will be jettisoned to the C team at the end of fall. There will be 4-5 topurnaments for those kids to show what they can do. If they don't show enough, they will be moved. Come spring the roster will be shorter and everyone will get playing time. It's fall. Relax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The bottom 5-6 kids will be jettisoned to the C team at the end of fall. There will be 4-5 topurnaments for those kids to show what they can do. If they don't show enough, they will be moved. Come spring the roster will be shorter and everyone will get playing time. It's fall. Relax

Says Mike C. You're a loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not PAL. The stronger kids on Express play a lot more. A bit early to worry though. The bottom of the roster will play less at Express and everywhere else. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's different at Express. The extra 4-5 kids doesn't change the dynamic that much. Stronger kids play more. Period. If you want equal playing time stick with PAL. You are paying for instruction. Enjoy the practices and worry about playing time in the Spring.

I think the statement of an extra 4-5 kids is pretty accurate; however, when that equates to a 20%-25% increase in roster size, it seems kind of extreme. My son played Express Hedstrom at Columbus Day. I thought they were a very competitive team. They were in every game. But there just doesn't seem to be enough time to go around. Considerering starters will eat more minutes than non-starters, some of those kids are really going to suffer on the bench. 2 shifts at attack and defense, 2 goalies and 3 middie lines still leaves too many kids hanging. You just don't need that many kids. It's a poor business model that can't possibly equate to more income long term.

MC doesn't know squat about how to run a business. He's all about the quick buck. That''s why 91 took a good amount of market share away with regards to quailty players. Express is a bottom feeding organization. It makes money because the consumer is still very naive about Lacrosse but soon enough the consumer becomes savvy enough to realize and the solid clubs will swallow them up .........no longevity in that model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 5 were 2023

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express B will still have 28 on the roster, for Spring/Summer 2017, just like last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it really matter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you want to stay on a team with 28 kids and not play? Would it not be better to move down and play then be a bench warmer for the "B" team?
I wouldn't let my kid sit there and warm the bench

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you want to stay on a team with 28 kids and not play? Would it not be better to move down and play then be a bench warmer for the "B" team?
I wouldn't let my kid sit there and warm the bench

What teams are looking for players? I'm pulling my son off the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even with the 5-6 the may move down, the C team will continue to lose 95% of its games. People are insane to give MC a dime!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job by Blantant putting teams together so that the games are competitive! I feel bad for 3V, though. Tough draw for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many kids too many parent problems

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatent put together a nice field, should be some good games this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why leave after one tournament? Did your son not play a lot? Work hard and earn more playing time. But if you are raising a kid who wants to give up at first sign of adversity, then maybe the 2023 Yellow Jackets would be worth a look for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then why not make 2 "B" teams instead of a "B" team with 28 kids and "C" team that you say will lose 95% of the games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because then you would have 3 C teams. Dope!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does your wife or mother feel about that absurd comment? Clearly you don't have a daughter. I have no doubt there are more than a handful of 2023 girls who can run circles around your son. I've read a lot of ignorant and ridiculous comments on this site but yours takes the cake. Congratulations!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the Fall really mean anything?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo playing S2S and Express A. Should be some good games. I don't know how much better S2S got, but this was a good tourney for them last year. I know Igloo and Express got better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of it means anything. It's youth lacrosse so not sure what kind of meaning you are looking to find.

That being said I think there should be some good competitive games which should be fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo playing S2S and Express A. Should be some good games. I don't know how much better S2S got, but this was a good tourney for them last year. I know Igloo and Express got better.

S2S did not get better. They took 2 more of the coaches friends - 5th graders no less. Team is turning into a joke...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of it means anything. It's youth lacrosse so not sure what kind of meaning you are looking to find.

That being said I think there should be some good competitive games which should be fun to watch.

That response is dumb. If it didn't mean anything to you, your son wouldn't be playing and you sure as [lacrosse] wouldn't be trolling a youth travel lacrosse board.

Fall tournaments really have no way of reflecting summer stregnth. They are a way for teams to get in some practices and play in some games to get the team to gel. Most coaches have several new kids on the team and lost a few too. They will need to see how the new kids fit in. To think that one team is better than another because they beat them in a fall tournament is a little silly. For example, last year at Blatant, Igloo and HB looked very weak. Obviously, that was not a true reflection of their teams because both went on to have fantastic summer seasons. Additionally, many players don't even play fall ball so it's impossible to get a true sense of how strong a team will be. Spring tourneys give you a better look at what to expect in summer. Fall is just basically scrimmages.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S did not get better. They took 2 more of the coaches friends - 5th graders no less. Team is turning into a joke...

It will be tough for them to remain competitive in the future. Those boys will end up at Igloo or Express within 2 years. It's a shame, too. They did what a lot of people wish they could do; however, they are turning into daddy-controlled lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slow down. Don't get your panties in a bunch. What got you so riled up? Why you gotta bring his momma into this? Did you have a bad softball tournament? If there's a 6th grade girl who can play with the boys great. But you know it's a totally different sport, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then why not make 2 "B" teams instead of a "B" team with 28 kids and "C" team that you say will lose 95% of the games?

MC only cares aboutique his A team. He sorta cared when his son was "coaching" the B team. The C team is a straight money maker. Now his B and Connor team are money makers. B will win and lose but alot of the kids won't play. C will continue to lose. Maybe win a game here or there. Those kids will feel defeated over and iver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2023 teams do the Outlaws have? How do they rank? I see Outlaws Gold is playing in the tournament this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 teams at each age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gold is Outlaws C team. Select is their B team. They lost all their A players to Igloo and Expresss. They no longer have an A team at this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does Express B look?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gold is Outlaws C team. Select is their B team. They lost all their A players to Igloo and Expresss. They no longer have an A team at this age group.

This helpful thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2023 teams do the Outlaws have? How do they rank? I see Outlaws Gold is playing in the tournament this weekend.

Outlaws have an A (select) team and B (gold) team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws Select (A) is playing in A division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Igloo and Express got worse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was with my younger guy last weekend at Havoc and saw Express B play some games. They went 4-0 and beat everyone by at least 10 goals, but they were beating the likes of fl$ so who can say. They seemed to be in the wrong bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope I can get over to see the family feud. What time does For the Love of Manhasset play the gnome and his pets?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was with my younger guy last weekend at Havoc and saw Express B play some games. They went 4-0 and beat everyone by at least 10 goals, but they were beating the likes of fl$ so who can say. They seemed to be in the wrong bracket

People on here like to bash them because of the roster number, but they're a good team. They're definitely the top of the second tier. Put them with Outlaws, Tornados and Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express got better. Brought in a couple of kids that we're playing 2022 as 5th grades last year. Igloo picked up 2 Empire poles and a few outlaws. Can't imaging that helps them much. Express will win this weekend pretty easily, I think. But, you never know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year, they were the B team but played in the A bracket this year they are the B team and were playing in the B bracket at Havoc. Maybe they should play in the A bracket like last year for a challenge if they are winning by 10 goals.. just a thought people, don't get crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 5 th graders that were playing with 2022's.., don't believe they went to the express B team.. Saw 3 of them playing for a different travel team together and 1 on another express team .., don't know where the 5th kid is... unless he's the kid on the b team.. How many are you saying are playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express got better. Brought in a couple of kids that we're playing 2022 as 5th grades last year. Igloo picked up 2 Empire poles and a few outlaws. Can't imaging that helps them much. Express will win this weekend pretty easily, I think. But, you never know.

That's right. Never know??? Although with holdbacks on the A Haugen Team ? HMMMMMM

Page 28 of 102 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard