BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 239 of 327 1 2 237 238 239 240 241 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj parent is sounding like they lost.Your team won this one so enjoy it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yj parent is sounding like they lost.Your team won this one so enjoy it.

As a "TEAM" did lose, individuals play won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know what game you watched but Topgun played a team game.They played a clean game unlike YJs who received 4 yellow cards.TG also played their whole team not just 12 girls. You may have edged out a victory this time but our "team" is ok with that. Our team thrives on challenge and gets better for it.
That's why they are always successful. Fear the TG!!

Your comment just shows how ignorant you are .Team game and number of yellow cards have nothing to do with each other. YJ got 3 yellow cards (2 of which were very questionable) TG got 1 yellow card ( also a little questionable).If you do not see that TG team is dominated by 1 player then you are blind. Good luck when the next batch of players leave your team .You TG parents should really talk with each other more so you know what you will have left next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't feel like a win when half the kids sit and don't play. I know we're all going D1 heard that plenty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know what game you watched but Topgun played a team game.They played a clean game unlike YJs who received 4 yellow cards.TG also played their whole team not just 12 girls. You may have edged out a victory this time but our "team" is ok with that. Our team thrives on challenge and gets better for it.

Your comment just shows how ignorant you are .Team game and number of yellow cards have nothing to do with each other. YJ got 3 yellow cards (2 of which were very questionable) TG got 1 yellow card ( also a little questionable).If you do not see that TG team is dominated by 1 player then you are blind. Good luck when the next batch of players leave your team .You TG parents should really talk with each other more so you know what you will have left next year.

You should be more worried about the 12-13 kids that didn't see the field in the last 3 games from your team. I know if my kid was in that spot I would be looking to make a move. Your daughter obviously played but to go to a tournament and have to watch a pool play game and two playoff games has to make you rethink your decision.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Draw 2022 Final - Russell v Harney in a 7-6 overtime thriller. Great job girls! Fear the bee!

Politics of this age group has the top team no stronger than the second team. Who knows, if the politics continue the second team will be stronger than the first next year.

Politics? can you be more specific? does this refer to
the girls that made the team?
who plays more minutes?
who plays what postions
who takes the draw??

fill in this team 2 parent..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that people run from TG to join YJ if things are so bad in the YJ ranks. Just look at the number of kids that left top TG teams last year. TG can't keep its better players because they want to compete at the highest level and win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should be more worried about the 12-13 kids that didn't see the field in the last 3 games from your team. I know if my kid was in that spot I would be looking to make a move. Your daughter obviously played but to go to a tournament and have to watch a pool play game and two playoff games has to make you rethink your decision.

very rare to see a kid on th blue walk away, tg black sees alot of players walking, just an observation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that people run from TG to join YJ if things are so bad in the YJ ranks. Just look at the number of kids that left top TG teams last year. TG can't keep its better players because they want to compete at the highest level and win.

Can you provide facts (numbers) or are you just making stuff up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very rare to see a kid on th blue walk away, tg black sees alot of players walking, just an observation.

Since you are posting on multiple sites......please give us facts (numbers who left) versus your uninformed opinion.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you are blind if you don't think your team is run through 1 player, a new comer to the team at that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you guys serious? This is ridiculous. this is a team game. YES, each team has a stud or two, the philosophy of the coaching is different. YJ stuck to no rotation (not just in the playoffs), while TG split playing time evenly. As a parent guess which team I'd rather have my child play on? All the talk about which team is better is nonsense, it should be obvious that the teams are both very good. Leave it at that. The acquisition of the few players YJ Blue got this year was supposed to make them unstoppable. Guess what? They aren't, get over it. They are good, [lacrosse] very good. Congrats on the win, but let it go. Can't see how anybody feels YJ outplayed TG in that game, the final score was in their favor but that game was there for either team. Only people who care are the parents, for my money I know who I'd rather have coaching and who my daughter would rather have as teammates and a coach. At the end of the day, all the other crap is meaningless. No promises of D1 teams lining up for our girls, just that they will learn how to play lacrosse the right way. That's a promise that can actually be kept.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you are blind if you don't think your team is run through 1 player, a new comer to the team at that!

Maybe a little but looking at actual facts it seems to point to you being blind as the goals for YJ were all scored by new kids to the team so not even sure which one you are talking about especially considering those new kids have played a limited role in previous games.Your goals where all scored by the one kid. Further have not seen anyone from YJ come on here and claim that they played as a team , actually they have said the opposite while you claim to have played a team effort which is a joke. Don't worry next year you guys will really play as a team, unfortunately after your next round of defections you will be a B team at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K
[quote=Anonymous]Congratulation to the YJ 2020 Jones team went 4-0 at ND. great game against a tough Elevate team. Too bad they didnt advanceas they lost the tie breaker to TG Black. Continued success next week at Lax For Cure.

Tie breaker?? Yes they won same amount of games but advancement was based on goals against. TG had less goals against and moved on, so not really a tie!

Same number of wins = Tie. Goals against = Tie Breaker. What are you missing??

The better team advanced Curcio v Jones wouldn't have been a game. Curcio whips Jones whenever they play clear A and B teams now.

The clear A team is the Curcio starters. The bench that doesn't play in meaningful games are the B team. Therefore making Jones the C team.

That is correct Curcio beat TG 3-2 in final, but bench (12 children) did not play a single second. TG subbed I believe everyone including the most talented player in this age group. So Team Curcio goes out and runs teams off the field because team has a lot of depth yet in big games, goes to this modified line team dynamic clearly changes. They go from a very impressive "team" to one or two individuals head down go to goal mentality. We lost and our kids will get over that, but I can tell you this the majority of our team is a lot happier! Go Team Curcio! I mean 1/2 Team Curcio LOL

While I agree on some points, mostly that the few ball hog superstars of team Curcio seem desperate to score in the big games so play a style of me first and are not corrected by the coaching staff. That being said lets not pretend the success of TG 2020 does not rest completely on 1 player, not even remotely a team effort.

Outcome not a surprise, the superstar can't do it alone, saw them play curcio in the fall and the other two best middies were playing attack and the best defender was playing middie, it didn't work then and it didn't work this weekend - nobody should be surprised at the outcome

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball

Hey I'm a YJ parent and I have to admit that there is sometimes physical play but to be fair I see YJ redefending and making contact with a forearm on the ride ,but I can honestly say I don't know what is worse the physical play while redefending or the opposing team swinging sticks for checks. If I were to use a broad stroke to paint the picture I would say the MD teams stick swing more and the Island teams are more physical with their forearms when redefending. All of the aforementioned are judged a lot more liberally at the College level. Bottom line you're better off moving your feet and getting good body position. I wouldn't call either style " Thug Ball" just different approaches at trying to force a turn over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be many more games between these 2020 teams, and it looks like the games can easily go either way at this point. But you do see a turning point here, 2020 black was the one and only powerhouse team TGs had, now we see them slipping and other teams gaining momentum. This is exactly the predicted outcome that all the coaching and player losses and additions would predict. The interesting part to watch now is what direction the team, and club for that matter takes. TGs came on the scene hard and strong and were building strength for the first couple years, but have been going the other way the last few years, Honestly a better comparison rivalry for them would be with elevate, certainly more on that clubs level for most agegroups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball

Hey I'm a YJ parent and I have to admit that there is sometimes physical play but to be fair I see YJ redefending and making contact with a forearm on the ride ,but I can honestly say I don't know what is worse the physical play while redefending or the opposing team swinging sticks for checks. If I were to use a broad stroke to paint the picture I would say the MD teams stick swing more and the Island teams are more physical with their forearms when redefending. All of the aforementioned are judged a lot more liberally at the College level. Bottom line you're better off moving your feet and getting good body position. I wouldn't call either style " Thug Ball" just different approaches at trying to force a turn over.

Nope. Daughter's team played a YJ team in the a rain-shortened 2019 game this weekend. 17 minute game, 3 yellow cards for YJ, all very deserved. Two sticks to head, one violent, and one cross check to back that knocked girl to ground. When did it start? Our girls were admittedly slow out of the gate and played very poorly early, getting down 3-0. From there, they started to play better and started taking control of the game. Out comes the rough play. Game ends 3-3. Saw same thing in Mass with same team last summer, different coaches then of course. Too bad this game was shortened. That Mitchell team was going to lose handily. And god forbid, to a team not from MD or LI. It seems like these teams other than the top teams are under so much pressure to live up to the club name that when their skill can't do it, they resort to rough play. What is most disturbing is the coaches do not correct it. I'm not saying they teach it, but they don't correct it. Our coaches yell at our players more for a dangerous play, than a bad one. YJ coaches seem to see it the other way around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe a little but looking at actual facts it seems to point to you being blind as the goals for YJ were all scored by new kids to the team so not even sure which one you are talking about especially considering those new kids have played a limited role in previous games.Your goals where all scored by the one kid. Further have not seen anyone from YJ come on here and claim that they played as a team , actually they have said the opposite while you claim to have played a team effort which is a joke. Don't worry next year you guys will really play as a team, unfortunately after your next round of defections you will be a B team at best.

Wake up second half and some you stars of YJ Curcio, CR already placed call to poach TG 2020 top player and asked her to be on U15 National Team within the past two weeks. She only cares about crushing TG and the Smith family. TG start putting feelers out to YJ Curcio team you I got a feeling u will get takers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball

Nope. Daughter's team played a YJ team in the a rain-shortened 2019 game this weekend. 17 minute game, 3 yellow cards for YJ, all very deserved. Two sticks to head, one violent, and one cross check to back that knocked girl to ground. When did it start? Our girls were admittedly slow out of the gate and played very poorly early, getting down 3-0. From there, they started to play better and started taking control of the game. Out comes the rough play. Game ends 3-3. Saw same thing in Mass with same team last summer, different coaches then of course. Too bad this game was shortened. That Mitchell team was going to lose handily. And god forbid, to a team not from MD or LI. It seems like these teams other than the top teams are under so much pressure to live up to the club name that when their skill can't do it, they resort to rough play. What is most disturbing is the coaches do not correct it. I'm not saying they teach it, but they don't correct it. Our coaches yell at our players more for a dangerous play, than a bad one. YJ coaches seem to see it the other way around.

Hey Mass elite mommy you want us to call a whaaambulance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball

Typical YJ Response

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball

What you call a forearm, most would call butt ending. Stick is supposed to be straight up and down, not angled with the butt end sticking out of their hand as they bury it in a girls' back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball

Nope. Our girls didn't complain, got up, and put the ball in the back of the net. And if the game continued would have pummeled your not very talented team. Pointing that out obviously hit a sore spot. Maybe next year your kid can make the top team at YJ and actually play for a talented team. Oh probably not. But I'm sure you have your sticker and jacket and think little Suzie is destined for UNC (or more likely Stony Brook). Sorry to break it to you, but she isn't. Maybe Riker's tho? Following in Daddy's footsteps maybe? Must be sooo proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Wake up second half and some you stars of YJ Curcio, CR already placed call to poach TG 2020 top player and asked her to be on U15 National Team within the past two weeks. She only cares about crushing TG and the Smith family. TG start putting feelers out to YJ Curcio team you I got a feeling u will get takers. [/quote]
As a TG parent I think this is a real bad post. IF this did happen, it is information that would be privy to maybe the Smiths and the girl's parents. IF I were the girl's parents I would track down who I shared this information nwith and be very pissed they are blabbing this on a board. What purpose does this serve?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wake up second half and some you stars of YJ Curcio, CR already placed call to poach TG 2020 top player and asked her to be on U15 National Team within the past two weeks. She only cares about crushing TG and the Smith family. TG start putting feelers out to YJ Curcio team you I got a feeling u will get takers. [/quote]
As a TG parent I think this is a real bad post. IF this did happen, it is information that would be privy to maybe the Smiths and the girl's parents. IF I were the girl's parents I would track down who I shared this information nwith and be very pissed they are blabbing this on a board. What purpose does this serve? [/quote

Please ,no one is going to track anyone down because it never happened. There are a few TG black 2020 players that have expressed an interest in leaving and will be gone at the end of the summer season. Not the first time they have thought about leaving and now have come to the realization that top gun is a sinking ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are you guys serious? This is ridiculous. this is a team game. YES, each team has a stud or two, the philosophy of the coaching is different. YJ stuck to no rotation (not just in the playoffs), while TG split playing time evenly. As a parent guess which team I'd rather have my child play on? All the talk about which team is better is nonsense, it should be obvious that the teams are both very good. Leave it at that. The acquisition of the few players YJ Blue got this year was supposed to make them unstoppable. Guess what? They aren't, get over it. They are good, [lacrosse] very good. Congrats on the win, but let it go. Can't see how anybody feels YJ outplayed TG in that game, the final score was in their favor but that game was there for either team. Only people who care are the parents, for my money I know who I'd rather have coaching and who my daughter would rather have as teammates and a coach. At the end of the day, all the other crap is meaningless. No promises of D1 teams lining up for our girls, just that they will learn how to play lacrosse the right way. That's a promise that can actually be kept.

Why make crap up? Very short bench in the finals yes, the other games some of the kids that played the entire finals game did not get into very much at all.TG split playing time evenly , please. As far as being outplayed , you lost get over it , its now 2 in a row .People aren't on here saying this team destroyed that team or this team hit this many pipes etc., when you lose a game you were outplayed by the better team that day. Your comment about which kids your daughter would rather have as teammates tells me exactly why more kids are abandoning that program .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 yellow cards were given against one player on TG!
Also, all of your goals were by 2 of the 3 new TG girls.
TG had them well trained. You're welcome!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why make crap up? Very short bench in the finals yes, the other games some of the kids that played the entire finals game did not get into very much at all.TG split playing time evenly , please. As far as being outplayed , you lost get over it , its now 2 in a row .People aren't on here saying this team destroyed that team or this team hit this many pipes etc., when you lose a game you were outplayed by the better team that day. Your comment about which kids your daughter would rather have as teammates tells me exactly why more kids are abandoning that program .

Anytime the YJ Curcio team is afraid of losing or getting showed up, they shorten the bench (girls don't play) drastically. Doesn't happen only in playoff games, and definitely happened in a pool play game against another LI team this weekend. [lacrosse], CR was on the sidelines coaching (losing her mind)for that game. So before you go on with your BS, tell the whole story. The bottom 1/2 of the roster only plays in games where CR and AC know that there is no chance of a loss. If your TEAM is so good from top to bottom, why do this at all. They should be able to compete with all the teams out there with all teir players. And, no, I'm not advocating for equal playing time. But AC has NO CONFIDENCE in half the roster, so this is what you got. I'd say that I'd be shocked if everyone stays, but then again has anyone ever left?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what's more pathetic ,the fact that you cannot get your facts straight or that according to you the YJ team played man down for a third of the game and your team could only manage 2 goals. My prediction the top 2-3 TG players go to YJ, the next 3-4 best players go back to their old coach , the rest who have no other option go down with the sinking ship. You had a good run ,now its time to move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Guns playing time was not equal, plenty of kids on that roster never touched the field as well. That is a fact!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a shortened game anyone knows it is not a true reflection of how the game may or may not yj did get two yellow card both teams played physical even playing man down fot a portion of a shortened game still came out with a tie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what's more pathetic ,the fact that you cannot get your facts straight or that according to you the YJ team played man down for a third of the game and your team could only manage 2 goals. My prediction the top 2-3 TG players go to YJ, the next 3-4 best players go back to their old coach , the rest who have no other option go down with the sinking ship. You had a good run ,now its time to move on.

If the best players go to YJ, where do they play? There is only one ball. The YJ players are seeing that now. The former 2019 TG girl seems to be the entire team now.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Has Rosie been behaving or do we need to address any issues or bad behavior?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

The YJ numbers are down this year after driving out a lot of people who have been screwed. People finally getting the fact that after the top 2 teams you are just paying for her retirement fund. Plus weasel deals of placing new coaches and players from other programs on top teams without formal tryouts and pushing long standing kids down to the 2nd team is wearing thin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH MY GOD!!! You people are such IDIOTS... do you even hear yourselves!!!! Seriously! You better hope you don't ever have to deal with real problems! GET OVER YOURSELVES!!! ALL OF YOU!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ numbers are down this year after driving out a lot of people who have been screwed. People finally getting the fact that after the top 2 teams you are just paying for her retirement fund. Plus weasel deals of placing new coaches and players from other programs on top teams without formal tryouts and pushing long standing kids down to the 2nd team is wearing thin.

Sorry but need to include Elevate and TG in that statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but need to include Elevate and TG in that statement

Agree. The girls LI scene peaked a year or 2 ago. Top players from many teams have migrated to the YJ and still their overall team count is down. The rest of the clubs have taken a step back, Top Guns, Liberty, Elevate, Wave, Legacy is hot in one age group. Seems many who hoped on the club bandwagon have hoped back off and we are now back to just the most motivated families and skilled girls. Middle and bottom families have paid the cash, given up their summers, seen the politics and said no thanks. Its a shame those players weren't retained. Go back and look at a thread from 5-7 years ago its like groundhog day. YJ's and a couple of MD teams dominating the press again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please let's not misunderstand
What youth sports have become
They are all running a company all be it through kids sports and as long as parents are going to drink the cool aid and continue to pay
The company will continue to grow

Travel sports while at the top level have increased in skill over the last decade or 2
They on a whole have become weakened
Back in the day you tried out for a team
If you mAde it - great - you were of the skill set to play travel ball in your given sport
Now they have almost All become well we had 40 kids at try out so we have 2 teams
When many of the kids on the second team are NOT. Travel ball ready
But mom and dad are ready to cut the check and put the bumper sticker on the Tahoe
Drive to Maryland - Pennsylvania - Massachusetts and many other states

When the fact is many "travel players" would NOT start on local PAL or school team depending on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all running a company all be it through kids sports and as long as parents are going to drink the cool aid and continue to pay

Travel sports while at the top level have increased in skill over the last decade or 2
If you mAde it - great - you were of the skill set to play travel ball in your given sport
Now they have almost All become well we had 40 kids at try out so we have 2 teams
But mom and dad are ready to cut the check and put the bumper sticker on the Tahoe

When the fact is many "travel players" would NOT start on local PAL or school team depending on age

True post. If you pay there is alaways a spot. Even the yj changed their missionm statement a few years ago which implied players cuts. It no longer says that and that's why there are 4 teams in some ages

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha this is so true, I can't believe how far even the 2nd YJ teams have fallen. I also think parents realize you don't have to play travel to play D2 or D3, which is appealing to students who want the full college experience.

Like Reply Quote
Page 239 of 327 1 2 237 238 239 240 241 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard