BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 230 of 327 1 2 228 229 230 231 232 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious. Any of the girls from 2019 2nd thru 5th teams playing Varsity??

2nd - yes
3rd - yes
2019 4th- yes

2019 5th-yes

Being on the roster and actually playing are totally different things. Curious why you are asking?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your daughter I assume starts on varsity? We'll as crazy as it may sound so do some of the girls that play on the 2nd-5th team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your daughter I assume starts on varsity? We'll as crazy as it may sound so do some of the girls that play on the 2nd-5th team

You have assumed wrong. Doesnt sound crazy, depending on the district.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total of 15 Long Island girls are playing in the first round of the NCAA tournament, Fairfield vs. Princeton, being played at Stony Brook this Friday at 7pm. Come out and cheer for the local young ladies......Winner plays Stony Brook on Sunday...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2nd - yes
3rd - yes
2019 4th- yes

2019 5th-yes
my point was, the real talent is on the top blue team which the girls probably start and or contribute to their Varsity teams...and being on Floyd, Bellport, Glenn etc..does not count. Delusional parentse

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2nd - yes
3rd - yes
2019 4th- yes

2019 5th-yes
my point was, the real talent is on the top blue team which the girls probably start and or contribute to their Varsity teams...and being on Floyd, Bellport, Glenn etc..does not count. Delusional parentse

Varsity is varsity, kid has no choice where they live. Regardless of what team they play for, a contributor is a contributor and non-contributor won't contribute no matter where they play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2nd - yes
3rd - yes
2019 4th- yes

2019 5th-yes

Varsity is varsity, kid has no choice where they live. Regardless of what team they play for, a contributor is a contributor and non-contributor won't contribute no matter where they play!

Wow - that takes the award for most uninformed comment I've read on here in a long time! If you don't recognize the difference between level of play at various schools, you've been living under a rock somewhere - probably in one of the districts with a weak team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you play varsity at a young age at a school that competes for states every year it means something. If you play varsity at school because it was either you or someone from the batton twirling team I wouldn't be so bold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing, your attempt to bash girls not on YJ blue backfired and now you change your argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you play varsity at a young age at a school that competes for states every year it means something. If you play varsity at school because it was either you or someone from the batton twirling team I wouldn't be so bold.

You have to be kidding, how many teams fall into that category on all of Long Island , maybe 2-3 at best. So if your kid does not play for one of those 3 teams its just not worth playing, such an arrogant attitude.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to be kidding, how many teams fall into that category on all of Long Island , maybe 2-3 at best. So if your kid does not play for one of those 3 teams its just not worth playing, such an arrogant attitude.
I have an idea, stop bashing 2019 blue!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you play varsity at a young age at a school that competes for states every year it means something. If you play varsity at school because it was either you or someone from the batton twirling team I wouldn't be so bold.

I have an idea, stop bashing 2019 blue!! [/quote

Was not bashing 2019 blue ,but now I will , if the rest of the parents from that team have the same comprehension issues as you its no wonder the coaches try to surround themselves with parents from their town team and friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you play varsity at a young age at a school that competes for states every year it means something. If you play varsity at school because it was either you or someone from the batton twirling team I wouldn't be so bold.

I have an idea, stop bashing 2019 blue!! [/quote

Was not bashing 2019 blue ,but now I will , if the rest of the parents from that team have the same comprehension issues as you its no wonder the coaches try to surround themselves with parents from their town team and friends.
Not the only poster my friend. I promise you instead of telling your daughter that she's not getting treated fairly and she is so wonderful and should be on the top team etc... have her work on her stick skills and improve herself as a player!That is what I did and that's why my daughter is where she is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy question, my daughter who is an excellent runner for our local high school asked me to help her learn lacrosse. Finishing her freshman year, where do I start?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's too late by 9th grade to join any youth leagues, so your only option is travel lacrosse. I would think that there are still a few clubs who would take on a new player. Don't expect to much here.
Get her a quality stick, doesn't need to be new second hand is ok. She needs to practice the basics.. A lot.. It's good to be fast but catching and throwing are as important.
Watch some YouTube videos of wall ball and she'll need to do that everyday..
If she puts in the work she be ready for next school season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's too late by 9th grade to join any youth leagues, so your only option is travel lacrosse. I would think that there are still a few clubs who would take on a new player. Don't expect to much here.
Get her a quality stick, doesn't need to be new second hand is ok. She needs to practice the basics.. A lot.. It's good to be fast but catching and throwing are as important.
Watch some YouTube videos of wall ball and she'll need to do that everyday..
If she puts in the work she be ready for next school season

Beach Bums sent out info just this week looking for players in that age group. Low key travel club which may be a good option. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy question, my daughter who is an excellent runner for our local high school asked me to help her learn lacrosse. Finishing her freshman year, where do I start?

In a few weeks all of the college players will be home. Find a local player and ask if she will train your daughter. Having someone who knows the proper way to catch and throw is a great start. Once your daughter has the basics down have her work out on her own playing wall ball ( the college player can be used to fine tune her skills ) and you won't have to pay for her to practice. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2nd - yes
3rd - yes
2019 4th- yes

2019 5th-yes

Really???? You must not read very much on these threads!!!!!!

Wow - that takes the award for most uninformed comment I've read on here in a long time! If you don't recognize the difference between level of play at various schools, you've been living under a rock somewhere - probably in one of the districts with a weak team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will see this summer lower teams may surprise the bunch of you

What age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 ROSEN LOOKING GOOD!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is that?? Cooks old team???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't Nassau just play a 3 team round robin with GC Manhasset and Wantagh?

Does anyone else have a chance? Will any of these three pull a stony brook?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 5th 2019 team. Cook's team is now run by Al and Carol Rose and Courtney Bert and Joe Oddo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why there are different rosters for 2016-2018 at the upcoming tourneys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know when my daughter played for yellow jackets few years ago, a lot of the committed did not attend, so there were a lot that chose not to attend, had to combine some teams. I took a glance just now, wow big drop in the 2016 numbers attending. Very small rosters. Could be they are all committed, or people are fed up.

Took a peek at the 2016 committed list comparing it to the tournament list, many commits still attending tournaments, a few aren't. Kinda looks like people dropping?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know when my daughter played for yellow jackets few years ago, a lot of the committed did not attend, so there were a lot that chose not to attend, had to combine some teams. I took a glance just now, wow big drop in the 2016 numbers attending. Very small rosters. Could be they are all committed, or people are fed up.

Took a peek at the 2016 committed list comparing it to the tournament list, many commits still attending tournaments, a few aren't. Kinda looks like people dropping?

Weird. Why would a 2018 girl who is not committed be going to 2 out of the 4 tourneys?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weird. Why would a 2018 girl who is not committed be going to 2 out of the 4 tourneys?

Other commitments, family obligations. Weddings, graduations, confirmations, etc... There is life outside of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if its not your daughter , why would you care ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if its not your daughter , why would you care ?

Just wondering if older girls not only have to make team, but have to make the tournament team also. My dtr is a younger YJ. New to all this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No on the team plays all tournaments. Only new thing I see is an invite G10 thing in NJ. Didn't have that when my d played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2020s do today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I almost forgot. Thanks Carol for treating gold like second class citizens once again. Tell me again why I should stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your not on blue..... you are not relevant to CR.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I almost forgot. Thanks Carol for treating gold like second class citizens once again. Tell me again why I should stay.

because you are afraid to go anywhere else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How exactly did she treat you like a second class citizen? Any and all teams playing this weekend are on their own. CR had nothing to do with setting it up. Step up to the plate and do something to help your daughter's team out. If her team is not here, it's on you!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I posted last year how the Yellow Jacket Class of 2013 did in terms of playing time with their respective college teams. Now that 2015 has passed by the class is now two years into their college careers. the following is my non-scientific findings. Remember this is not a test of quality but how each girl has impacted the playing time for their restive teams. This covers D1, D2 and D3.

I have four categories: Impact (played in almost all games), Played (played in a significant number of games), Not Significant (played in a handful of games) and Did Not Play (had no statistics for team they committed to; I also checked to see if playing for a different school).

A refresher of last years numbers:

Impact: 30 or 45%
Played: 7 or 11%
Not Significant: 24 or 36%
Did Not Play: 5 or 8%

2015 Numbers

Impact: 37 or 56%
Played: 8 or 12%
Not Significant: 8 or 12%
Did Not Play: 13 or 20%

33 players stayed at the same level, 14 saw less playing time, 19 saw more.

These are very good numbers. The average drop rate for D1 is 55% (players who do not stay on the roster for four years). Still, there was a significant number of girls who no longer play (or may red shirt if they changed schools). Check the thread out in a year to see how the class is doing!

(I'm going to post this on other threads as well)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lost to Heros in championship. They had 2 great games against each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost in finals, lots of unhappy players and parents on 2020 Curcio. Huntington HS mom coach at it again. Kids left crying and team lost because of coaches. They got away from what makes them a great "TEAM" and went with a bunch of individuals out of there normal positions while some children were playing entire games including pool play and about 40-50 % of roster barely played and many didn't play at all. Oh and yes her daughter played entire games every second of most games, the games that she didn't play every second she played 90% of!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lost in finals, lots of unhappy players and parents on 2020 Curcio. Huntington HS mom coach at it again. Kids left crying and team lost because of coaches. They got away from what makes them a great "TEAM" and went with a bunch of individuals out of there normal positions while some children were playing entire games including pool play and about 40-50 % of roster barely played and many didn't play at all. Oh and yes her daughter played entire games every second of most games, the games that she didn't play every second she played 90% of!

Are you under the impression that other top clubs don't do the same thing? As an M&D parent, I can assure you that they always play to win. This isn't town/rec lacrosse. There are plenty of games that YJ play that are blowouts and I am sure that the rest of the roster plays plents throughout a tournament. But yes, in a close game, there are girls thta hardly play or do not play at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an outside observer, I was hoping I could get a question answered? Are YJ girls taught to engage on defense with their bottom hand extended and basically butt ending the attacking player? I see it consistently at all grade levels.

Like Reply Quote
Page 230 of 327 1 2 228 229 230 231 232 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard