BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,110
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 83 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am done with Huntington!!!!!! Coach is corrupt and the AD allows it to go on. What are our girls supposed to do when they are being bullied by a coach and no one at the school cares?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

User
User
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am done with Huntington!!!!!! Coach is corrupt and the AD allows it to go on. What are our girls supposed to do when they are being bullied by a coach and no one at the school cares?

Did you talk to the AD?

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can doubt it all you want, but yesterday she publicly shamed three of her starters in front of the rest of the team and told them how horrible they are and that she doesn't need them. Not a great team building strategy. Last year she allowed a bunch of girls to go on a trip over Spring Break- gave them all permission- and then when the team lost a game, she screamed and yelled at those girls and blamed them for the loss. She creates incredible conflict for the girls within the team.

I have to agree with a previous post, that having a parent coach at that level is not a good idea. Add that to being a travel team coach, and there are too many conflicts of interest. No one will see her decisions as fair.

Virtually every coach in HS lax is coaching travel teams, that's what the entire yj model is based on and now the other clubs are trying to do the same

Hey Kathy, all the kids who you said were so selfish had 14 assists on 16 goals today? Are they selfish or are you just plain wrong?

***I am fed up with this. I really am. No one at HHS gives a damn about these girls and what the coach that they are PAYING is doing to them. This team has massive amounts of talent, but no one even wants to play anymore because they have been belittled, bullied, and publicly humiliated all season. If this was a teacher in a classroom he/she would be fired. In the past I was too afraid to speak up at Huntington because my child would be punished, like Kathy has done to others in the past, but at this point I think I am going to surpass the AD (WHO DOES NOTHING) and go right to the legal system. The Huntington handbook has rules against bullying and verbal abuse, so let's see if HHS will be able to shove this [lacrosse] under the rug once it is brought to light.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Did you talk to the AD?

No - my child did. The AD supports the coach! Unbelievable. I am a believer of the "suck it up" factor, but not to this extreme. I will not let my child be BULLIED while playing a sport that she used to love.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington coach today banned the players from talking to anyone after the games...how ridiculous is that? If I want to talk to my kid, I'll talk to my kid

Glad someone agrees with me! Too bad we are all afraid to speak about it with each other in person because of big bad Kathy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculous coaching. If her daughter plays varsity as an 8th grader next year we will all know why she is even there. No one has respect for her and she lacks the ability to coach these girls to being winning team.

User
User
Huntington coach today banned the players from talking to anyone after the games...how ridiculous is that? If I want to talk to my kid, I'll talk to my kid

Glad someone agrees with me! Too bad we are all afraid to speak about it with each other in person because of big bad Kathy.

Does anyone else at HHS share this posters opinions?

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can doubt it all you want, but yesterday she publicly shamed three of her starters in front of the rest of the team and told them how horrible they are and that she doesn't need them. Not a great team building strategy. Last year she allowed a bunch of girls to go on a trip over Spring Break- gave them all permission- and then when the team lost a game, she screamed and yelled at those girls and blamed them for the loss. She creates incredible conflict for the girls within the team.

I have to agree with a previous post, that having a parent coach at that level is not a good idea. Add that to being a travel team coach, and there are too many conflicts of interest. No one will see her decisions as fair.

Virtually every coach in HS lax is coaching travel teams, that's what the entire yj model is based on and now the other clubs are trying to do the same

Hey Kathy, all the kids who you said were so selfish had 14 assists on 16 goals today? Are they selfish or are you just plain wrong?

***I am fed up with this. I really am. No one at HHS gives a damn about these girls and what the coach that they are PAYING is doing to them. This team has massive amounts of talent, but no one even wants to play anymore because they have been belittled, bullied, and publicly humiliated all season. If this was a teacher in a classroom he/she would be fired. In the past I was too afraid to speak up at Huntington because my child would be punished, like Kathy has done to others in the past, but at this point I think I am going to surpass the AD (WHO DOES NOTHING) and go right to the legal system. The Huntington handbook has rules against bullying and verbal abuse, so let's see if HHS will be able to shove this [lacrosse] under the rug once it is brought to light.

If children are being bullied at school you have the right by law to ask for an investigation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Am I missing something? Why would anyone be afraid of this woman?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What could be done about it? Seems to me that nothing will change. What about the superintendent ? Does he realize the extent of these allegations?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be an investigation! KW is a bully!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the original poster about the play...I was not complaining, I was really pointing out the fact that why would a referee step into a game at this point and make such a subjective call that obviously changed the outcome of a great game. I watched as well and the first obstruction call was not a good call at all, but again this is subjective. The dangerous shot call was again a subjective call and it was not called by the same referee. It was called by the referee closer to the midfield. Hopefully GC will have another shot in the finals.
Look at the tape again, G.C. clears everyone to the left, the shooter sweeps to the right past a double team and streaks to goal, #23 on the low post slides to the center and the ref immediately blows the whistle, even before the show was taken. During the free position you can see the shooter hits #19 in the head and she immediately drops to the ground. Hit the slow button that MSG provides. it might take a couple of times but you'll see it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington seems to be the nicest girls to officiate. Coach is one of the only coaches not to go crazy at refs and the girls all seem to be respectable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huntington seems to be the nicest girls to officiate. Coach is one of the only coaches not to go crazy at refs and the girls all seem to be respectable

The Huntington girls are a FANTASTIC group of girls who are going to amazing schools and have excellent GPAs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Huntington girls are a FANTASTIC group of girls who are going to amazing schools and have excellent GPAs.

I don't think anyone was questioning the girls character.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think anyone was questioning the girls character.

I was agreeing with the original poster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there such thing as All State Award for lacrosse? If so how are recipients determined? Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there such thing as All State Award for lacrosse? If so how are recipients determined? Thank you

No, there is All-County and then the next level is Honorable Mention All-American, then All-American itself.

Newsday also gives out an "All-Long Island" award

User
User
I find it strange that suffolk will be favored to win A,C while Nassau will be favored to win B. If you took an all star team from suffolk and played an all star team from nassau the team from suffolk would be heavily favored in my opinion yet in many peoples opinion especially those from nassau lacrosse barely exists anywhere but nassau. Is it that lacrosse talent is more spread out in suffolk compared to nassau where its more concentrated in a few towns.

Back again? Review your post below.

"I would prefer to be banned as I do not believe my last 2 posts which were in response to other peoples posts were in any way nasty and were really about style of play. I will help you out and implement a life time ban of my own as your ever changing editing process and obvious bias make it too easy to distort peoples words.This will be my last post and I will block this site from my computer so as no others can post."

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If children are being bullied at school you have the right by law to ask for an investigation.

Bingo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask ESM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask ESM

Or just do the American thing and start a ridiculous lawsuit like has been happening at many of the so called strong programs ,at least that is what I have been hearing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total of 15 Long Island girls are playing in the first round of the NCAA tournament, Fairfield vs. Princeton, being played at Stony Brook this Friday at 7pm. Come out and cheer for the local young ladies......Winner plays Stony Brook on Sunday...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask ESM

Or just do the American thing and start a ridiculous lawsuit like has been happening at many of the so called strong programs ,at least that is what I have been hearing.

You would not need lawsuits if the issues are dealt with the right way. The problem is bigger than you think it is. First off you have a severe conflict of interest when you have a high school coach who is a director/coach of an outside travel program. Why do you think there are no travel players from outside of the YJ playing for Northport Varsity? Why - because of they want to have a shot at playing varsity they have to play for their varsity coaches travel program.

The second issue you have is hiring the right coaches. Just because someone played the game does not automatically make them a good coach. In many cases due to the teacher's union - coaches are hired from the pool of teachers in that school. This creates another conflict of interest. Are we hiring the best candidate or just the best candidates who applied because they are in the district as a teacher? It is also a conflict because athletic directors don't want to fire teachers who work for them.

Lastly, I am sure this post will receive complaints from the same people who are OK with coaches who use bullying tactics on children and use their influence as coaches as a threat to college careers. It's not about yelling at kids because they make mistakes. It's bullying kids and belittling them on the field in front of their peers, their teammates and their opponents. How about you try coaching them instead of tearing them down? Imagine a teacher ripping a kids head off in math class because she got a question wrong and threatening to call the admissions officer at the college they are applying to "to tell them they are not good enough."

I'm old school and I had tough coaches - however, they were tough - they were not bullies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the travel coach of many of the girls who stalks all the games and badmouths both the other players and the coach in the stands (even at their away games).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask ESM

You would not need lawsuits if the issues are dealt with the right way. The problem is bigger than you think it is. First off you have a severe conflict of interest when you have a high school coach who is a director/coach of an outside travel program. Why do you think there are no travel players from outside of the YJ playing for Northport Varsity? Why - because of they want to have a shot at playing varsity they have to play for their varsity coaches travel program.

The second issue you have is hiring the right coaches. Just because someone played the game does not automatically make them a good coach. In many cases due to the teacher's union - coaches are hired from the pool of teachers in that school. This creates another conflict of interest. Are we hiring the best candidate or just the best candidates who applied because they are in the district as a teacher? It is also a conflict because athletic directors don't want to fire teachers who work for them.

Lastly, I am sure this post will receive complaints from the same people who are OK with coaches who use bullying tactics on children and use their influence as coaches as a threat to college careers. It's not about yelling at kids because they make mistakes. It's bullying kids and belittling them on the field in front of their peers, their teammates and their opponents. How about you try coaching them instead of tearing them down? Imagine a teacher ripping a kids head off in math class because she got a question wrong and threatening to call the admissions officer at the college they are applying to "to tell them they are not good enough."

I'm old school and I had tough coaches - however, they were tough - they were not bullies.

Please, first why even bring Northport into this conversation, I guess the fact that Hunt has many non yj players on the field must prove CW has no bias..Do you honestly believe she would call a college coach to try and degrade one of their recruits and do you honestly believe a college coach would listen.All this constant abuse and no video etc.?? The thing is my kid has played against Hunt for the past 4 years in some close games and I have never seen the behavior you suggest .Have spoken with a few refs who say she is one of the nicest coaches out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask ESM

Don't forget the conflict of interest for all of the SC refs that are getting paid directly by her at all of her summer tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop
I find it strange that suffolk will be favored to win A,C while Nassau will be favored to win B. If you took an all star team from suffolk and played an all star team from nassau the team from suffolk would be heavily favored in my opinion yet in many peoples opinion especially those from nassau lacrosse barely exists anywhere but nassau. Is it that lacrosse talent is more spread out in suffolk compared to nassau where its more concentrated in a few towns.

Back again? Review your post below.

"I would prefer to be banned as I do not believe my last 2 posts which were in response to other peoples posts were in any way nasty and were really about style of play. I will help you out and implement a life time ban of my own as your ever changing editing process and obvious bias make it too easy to distort peoples words.This will be my last post and I will block this site from my computer so as no others can post."

Just classic. What a bonehead.

There are no secrets that time does not reveal. Or Hop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was just on Newsday looking at HS girls lacrosse pics and I had a question, why does the Huntington coach allow her goalie to wear YJ shorts as part of her uniform?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was just on Newsday looking at HS girls lacrosse pics and I had a question, why does the Huntington coach allow her goalie to wear YJ shorts as part of her uniform?

good spot...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask ESM

Really, lawsuits at many of the strong programs? Please tell what programs and the nature of the lawsuits. I have not heard anything about it.

Thanks

User
User

These two posts are from the same person. Don't try to boost your point by agreeing with yourself. It's weird.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If be curious to see if all of the Huntington bashing came from the same person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does ESM have to do with Huntiongton

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask ESM

Really, lawsuits at many of the strong programs? Please tell what programs and the nature of the lawsuits. I have not heard anything about it.

Thanks

The ESM coach takes the cake on bullying players ask those parents what to do...nothing they are all too afraid

User
User
If be curious to see if all of the Huntington bashing came from the same person.

Started out with consecutive posts from one poster. Others joined in after. Not sure how many parents share the opinion of the original poster or if it's an isolated issue.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHS, ESM,NP just to name a few kids are all bullied and parents sit helpless and watch!!! TRUTH,,,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask ESM

Thanks

The ESM coach takes the cake on bullying players ask those parents what to do...nothing they are all too afraid

ESM coach is great and whoever you are don't try to lump all of us parents in with the two crazy ones or the parents whose kids have already graduated from program but can't seem to get on with their lives so need to keep stirring up controversy. The program is great, the kids love the coach. And are making GOOD memories. And shame on you as a parent if you feel your kid is bullied but are too much of a coward to have a conversation with the coach. Or better yet, have your child talk to the coach. These are varsity players not PAL. They are all so bullied that they decorated her office and surprised her for her birthday. Sorry you're not happy with your child's playing time but don't throw out accusations that are untrue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]HHS, ESM,NP just to name a few kids are all bullied and parents sit helpless and watch!!!

All the kids are bullied at these schools? Come on. The amount of embellishing and exaggerating that gets written on these boards is quite comical. I assume this is written by adults, and you're going to make a general statement that all kids here are bullied and parents are helpless. I am in one of those towns and there is no bullying going on. What is going on is some kids are performing better than others which causes some changes in who is stepping on the field. So the parents of the children not playing cry corruption, bullying, etc. Easy to blame the coach then take a good hard look at what's going on. Would you be saying the same thing if your child was playing? Doubtful. I'm sorry it's not turning out for you the way you thought but I'm sure you can think of much more mature and adult ways to handle it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask ESM

Thanks

ESM coach is great and whoever you are don't try to lump all of us parents in with the two crazy ones or the parents whose kids have already graduated from program but can't seem to get on with their lives so need to keep stirring up controversy. The program is great, the kids love the coach. And are making GOOD memories. And shame on you as a parent if you feel your kid is bullied but are too much of a coward to have a conversation with the coach. Or better yet, have your child talk to the coach. These are varsity players not PAL. They are all so bullied that they decorated her office and surprised her for her birthday. Sorry you're not happy with your child's playing time but don't throw out accusations that are untrue.

You are naïve if you think this is not happening at ESM. Your child might not be one of those kids that is being yelled and cursed at or maybe she's too afraid to tell you. I have heard the stories first hand. It has been going on for years. These parents will sit and watch it happen, because g-d forbid they upset the lacrosse g-ds! These coaches are on power trips and parents are fueling them and there egos! They do not hold your childs future in their hands, the parents let them believe they do. It's just a game!!!

Page 68 of 83 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard