Prior to this year the holdbacks were only an issue at U15. Now it will be an issue at all grade classes / levels.

The elite programs are going to have more holdbacks and as a result are going to have a significant edge in talent and physical attributes. Thus increasing the desparity between the haves and have nots. I don't understand the sense of pride or accomplishment among the elite teams stacked with holdbacks beating the lesser teams with minimal to no holdbacks. What is there to pound your chest about and what are you teaching your kids? What is the life lesson? The elite teams already have most of the best kids to begin with, why ecourage the holdback situation?

I agree with the Long Islanders that think the MD holdback situation is BS.

For me it's not about the disparity in size and the risk of injury - it is simply about fair play.

What about the kid that happens to be a pretty good player, but gets bumped down the food chain because of the number of holdbacks in front of him. NOT AN EQUAL PLAYING FIELD!

This is all about parent egos. Little Johnny is going to get a lacrosse scholarship! DO the math - it does not make sense!