Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good luck with that. The rebels aren’t in NLF or alliance (let’s see how that goes!) so at least some attrition is very likely. Many of the best players (not all though) go to where the most exposure and highest competition is and in late MS and HS that won’t be the rebels. If a top player remains on rebels I am sure they can still get recruited to a top program if they do the right things though. Our still the best bet/odds to stay with the proven orgs if you can in my opinion.

I would agree with this. However 91 and express (more so with 91) have dramatically changed their business plans. While 91 and express will have the most d1 commits, most of their top teams are made up of out of state players. If you look at a team like 91 crush they were made up of mostly Long Island kids. If you look at 91s 2025 and 2026 teams I would say 60-70 percent of those teams are made up of out of state players. These are players that just fly in from Florida etc, play in tournaments and then go home. They don’t practice with the team. This is just something to think about if you go to the top 2 programs.

It’s just become more based in reality because of how many kids are playing lacrosse now. With kids playing in more places than ever (not just Long Island, Maryland and Connecticut), it becomes incredibly difficult to grow a team of 15+ top tier Division 1 commits from a small geographic area.

And the kids from areas that are not traditional hotbeds of lax are out there and looking for exposure. And they go for the name brand, tried and true labels. Guaranteed to get them into the right tournaments if the kid is good enough. And the parents are willing to pay for the plane fares and apartment rentals etc.

The days of taking a bunch of kids from one town and sprinkling in a few from the next few towns in grade school and turning them into the Crush are over.